Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) (85001 Views)

The 3-in-1 Flyover In Kano State Is Completed And Getting Ready For Commission / This is not Dubai, this is Yobe state (photos) / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Ablemax(m): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
Arrewa:
God bless Arewa land!!

please link me to any hausa lady abeg .....I really need to have one as my serious girlfriend... thank you inaddy
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Hogan17: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hey come continue!
What of the other jungle side
U forgot that
Bigot!
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by dealslip(f): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jeromejnr:

I also spoke because I am from there before leaving for Abuja this year.
So look at those Kano pictures and compare it to New Ikoyi, can they be compared let alone Dubai.

1 Like

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by aminho(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Sorry bro..... I will edit the comment... I visited Kano State some few years back and as a stranger, I alighted from the bus at Naibawa at exactly 11:45pm.... The boys at that park at that ungodly hour of the night was extremely kind to me knowing fully well 'am a stranger even at the peak of insecurity in Kano and Abuja then.

Although, Kano State is still owing us over 30m for a project carried out for them through bank loan...
which office pls we will look into it and make sure you are paid
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by onunwa21(m): 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
The dollar man is doing well
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Ablemax(m): 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
KosiGee:

By the special Grace of the Almighty and Insha Allah Gandollar...sorry Ganduje’s heart will be touched and your N30m will be paid...

When you receive that, remember I prayed for you and don’t forget to buy lots of kilishi for us...

Modified...

I don’t eat kilishi...pls buy suya. I’ve not had any since Arrewa and his mates blocked livestock from entering my region.

and please don't forget me too cuz I said amen to your prayers

1 Like

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by BLACKPRIEST: 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
Blacklion3:
of course this cannot be Dubai now

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Zenithpeak(m): 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
aminho:
which office pls we will look into it and make sure you are paid

Kano State RUWASA

No1, Sharada Phase 1, Sharada, Kano State.

I'll be glad if you can make good your promise.. Thanks for showing concern.
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by BabaIbo: 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jeromejnr:

I mentioned Ikoyi and Lekki.

See the areas you are mentioning as if I am a stranger to these places. All I need to do is take you to Centenary estate or Ministers Hill or some zones in Maitama then you will understand why the Island is meh.

Eko City, until its fully completed will only be different because it happens to be well planned just like Abuja. Although I still see them having dirty water issues.

Also, Is it not the same V.I that I constantly had to endure flooded roads and bad roads after that? Maybe you only pass by and you see paintings on the road and you think this place is the most beautiful in Nigeria. I can give you a tour of minsters Hill.

A beautiful environment is when you combine mordenisation with nature. Not the ones in Lagos where you will hardly see trees and gardens in the environment, instead its concrete everywhere with small sized houses that go for exorbitant prices.

I get your point but remove that flooding part.

Those areas you mentioned in Abuja are residential areas with little or no tall buildings, if you want that kind of serene environment you will get it in some estates in Ikoyi and Lekki area.

Banana Island is under Ikoyi bro, so me mentioning it is not out of context.

Again, nature is nature, even USA, Japan, China, Dubai all suffer natural disasters.

Are you saying Abuja is finer than Japan, USA but these places suffer flooding etc.

The population in Abuja is lesser than that of Lagos, Lagos is already congested.
That is why people clear trees in order to build houses.
You can even see the way they are converting water areas to dry land for building, as in the case of Eko Atlantic City which is formerly a beach(Bar Beach).

3 Likes

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by harjay1986: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Subsidybad21:

I honestly doubt your state would suruvuve without federal allocation

First, most states have low tax to gdp ratio

Second, most states don't produce enough stuff for export, raw materials, or manufactured goods.

The problem with you Nigerians is that you are stuck in the 1960's. The world has moved on from that stuff. Before we can respect any state in Nigeria,it has to be a productive and exporter of manufactured goods. Not fighting over oil.

Your state is just like the Northern states, a parasitic oil dependent state. Even me that comes from an oil state...I think it is high time we forgot about oil too, and got manufacturing. More money, less economic suffering.

(And don't blame the Hausas for your underdevelopment by the way. )

hello , for your information, the state with highest industry in Nigeria today is still Ogun state , with good IGR too, forget abt media propaganda, why would I blame hausa for things happening in my state, thats why I say u should research befor saying all state...

even during the lockdown my state IGR is second to Lagos, so say something else bro...

would you say Lagos state will be a shadow of itself if federal do gragra, ......... if today Nigeria split which is not forthcoming soon, many state will bleed I agree.... some state self will be force to merge

if federal government could withhold fed allocation, to the north tell me how many state will survive for 2 month,
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Ablemax(m): 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Amin..... Amen... tongue

The money is 33m and if 30m can be paid... bank wahala will be out of it, integrity will be restored a bit and hope for better days ahead.

Imagine, my uncle was tracked from Police headquarters in Abuja down to Ibadan and was arrested like e common criminal and was locked up for 6days... though, not totured but bullied to please the facility owner..... Long story sha....

About the Suya thing... I will reach out to you when I get to Gombe State in few weeks time. grin

abeg me no need suya or kilishi....tell ur uncle say am a graduate me he reason me work....I'll be be glad if he do that
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Lagoon0: 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
KoshCAD:
Can he even compare it with Lagos talkless of Dubai.
Lol bros, I notice you really Love Lagos O. cheesy
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Jeromejnr(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
dealslip:

So look at those Kano pictures and compare it to New Ikoyi, can they be compared let alone Dubai.

They can't be compared to Dubai ma. But can be compared to Ikoyi. I haven't been to Kano but I know people will enjoy better things there than being in Ikoyi. Because of the different problems I had to endure on the Island.

I know one thing about Kano, when all the roads are good, then all the roads are good.
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
lordlugards:
I was in Kano last November. all those places looks dirty. Give current pictures with with dates attached.
Not editing ones.

Didn't you see blue people in his pictures grin Over-edit worry am

1 Like

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by BabaIbo: 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
dealslip:

Leave let him talking what he doesn't know

You sef see am.

1 Like

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
Arrewa:
This is kano,Nigeria!
Hahahahahaha arewa kadawo kenan kana tada mutanannan hanakali fa Yi hakuri grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
Some lies are here...

You can see that being proud of your state is far from you...

Dubai doesnt take tax payers money and then destory alcohol. ... they are not foolish and stupid,
Like the wicked souls that cloth themselves under religion

Yea.. kano people.. some are mixed breed so beauty must exist..!!

Lastly does ever compare .... this to dubai...
The whole development of kano state is just a 100km space of dubai...!!.. Shiuoo!!!... undecided undecided
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
Arrewa:
Nagode!! The struggle continues!!
Dan gwagwar maya mutumina kana bura uba fa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by yungchop: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
Arrewa:
sure...I will soon storm naija we need some jollifications!

how far mutumina? na that DSS office side I dey for badawa. come flex your boy if you show na
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Jeromejnr(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

I get your point but remove that flooding part.

Those areas you mentioned in Abuja are residential areas with little or no tall buildings, if you want that kind of serene environment you will get it in some estates in Ikoyi and Lekki area.

Banana Island is under Ikoyi bro, so me mentioning it is not out of context.

Again, nature is nature, even USA, Japan, China, Dubai all suffer natural disasters.

Are you saying Abuja is finer than Japan, USA but these places suffer flooding etc.

The population in Abuja is lesser than that of Lagos, Lagos is already congested.
That is why people clear trees in order to build houses.
You can even see the way they are converting water areas to dry land for building, as in the case of Eko Atlantic City which is formerly a beach(Bar Beach).

Well, I beleive there is still a lot of land in Lagos. And the government has to do something about planting enough trees and grasses in the environment instead of just allowing people build anyhow and cramming up tight spaces.

I don't even know what Lagos urban planning does.

Trees will also help a lot during the very hot seasons in Lagos. Heat on the roads are always terrible.
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by doxijaw: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
jimmynauty:

Dubai allows alcohol and lottery hence has uses vat from above to continue making it attractive.

But hypocrites in kano destroys alcohol but collects vat from aloha and lottery that is Haram.

Useeless arewa hypocrites

Oman doesn't allow alcohol and is more affluent than Dubai.

So your argument is mute.

Counter intuitive arguments don't make sense no matter how u spin it.
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by pacespot(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Who dey call this one Dubai before?
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
welcome back arrewa it has been a while.. kano is beutiful like wise the ladies! i cant beleive that this is a city in nigeria to be honest! nice one we want more of these biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Arrewa:
We love kano
abeg eh.. between kano and katsina which state get more pretty ladies
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by yommen: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
ZKOSOSO:
Niger Delta Oil Money in action in another Northern Parasitic State

Very parasitic so tey dem con dey compare am to Dubai, even calling the place Dubai of Africa.
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by lordlugards: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
morgstreme:

Bloody IPOB!

Pain is your bane!

Agu g'egbu gi n'uwaa!
agu?
The pics below is part of my interior.

Check the time, it's 2 minutes different.
IPOB with Ball.

Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by authority2006(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
ZKOSOSO:
Niger Delta Oil Money in action in another Northern Parasitic State

Lol. Don't hold your governors from the Niger Delta region accountable, sit there and be foaming in the mouth crying "our oyel money".
Your governors from the Niger Delta region had been receiving 13% derivation since the time of Obj, that's the equivalent of what all the 36 states of the federation are sharing as the monthly allocation.
All what you do is to support them and their looting spree, from Ibori to Alamesiya to Akpabio
Re: This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) by lordlugards: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
maureensylvia:

Am in kano, your comment is not true sir
then get us current pictures to back up your claims.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / Unknown Ship Spotted At Elegushi Beach (Photos) / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.