Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own (36435 Views)

Burnaboy says 'JayZ No Do Pass Like This' at Starboyfest (video) / #bbnaija: Mr P. Promises Tacha N60 Million Naira If She Don't Win - Jomotv / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by SmartPolician: 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
lol I'm still looking for that filmsy escused reason to visit him soon

Tell him that you are an architect and want to understand the architectural design of his house, including ze oza room. Afterward, you can use it for your clients.

Sure, I know that he likes having the ladies in that room, so you don't have a problem. grin grin

Lest I forget, you have to pick up the application form from me for 20k only.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Whitecoal711:
Pride
First blame was our leader ,now the mass
B boy we made you
Pride come with fall
You can't eat it finish if we cook give you
Show appreciation to the people

For years, people like you cooked for him, he always consumes it and lick plate sef.

If he doesn't fall, go and push him down... grin

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Angelfrost(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:
Y'all should shut the bleep up and stop shouting "He's immature" "He needs to be humble"... Bla bla bla....

Burna is nobody's mate!. He made it on his own and he doesn't give a bleep about anybody's opinion on his career!.

Y'all keep wailing "He's arrogant" "He'll soon fall" but yet He came back TWICE AS TALL Globally

Try again... You made no sense!

There are no self-made men in this world! Not a damn one! It takes wisdom and maturity to know this universal truth!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
This guy is irritating. He used to sing dancehall and it flopped. He did not blow until he started copying Fela's music. These are the facts. So even if he said he did it on his own at least he should give credit to the originator and godfather of Afrobeat, Fela. And if it is talent, he is not even near the likes of Tekno, Brymo or even some of the younger artists coming up. Artists like FemiKuti, 2baba, Dbanj/Psquare etc. paved the way for this fool to shine and now he is talking like mental patient.

The main reason he won in that category is because Angelique Kidjo and Piddy (SeanCombs) campaigned hard for him. Imagine someone like Tekno or KizzDaniel had that kind of support - they would have won multiple grammies. He should also thank his manager, his mother, whose knowledge of the ins and out of the international music scene, pushed his carrier towards grammy inclination.

Nothing special about Burnaboy. I have listened to his two albums and not more than 3 songs are even what I called listenable. Anyway let me enjoy my Flavor playlist. Wetin concern me with mumu music.

8 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
Eauxclaires:

At times I wonder about the guy...seems he sleeps online..you open a new thread you see him among the first 5 commenters..
Doesn't he go to Church, market, mall, visit friend and relatives? Abi he is those kind of people who you would go out with, you will talking they would be pressing phone, you guys would be crossing they will be pressing phone

Elenu Cho Cho Cho anty.

On every thread you enter you see him there. No be as you enter e enter too. Abi entering belongs to you alone?

Doesn't he go church? Wetin concern u if his church is in his room. Learn to face front next time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by OgideAgu: 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
Congratulations
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
SmartPolician:

Tell him that you are an architect and want to understand the architectural design of his house, including ze oza room. Afterward, you can use it for your clients.

Sure, I know that he likes having the ladies in that room, so you don't have a problem. grin grin

Lest I forget, you have to pick up the application form from me for 20k only.
lol see you,you want to start making money off me kole work
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
OBALOLA55:
angry

WHEN THIS BOY GO GET SENSE undecided

A GRAMMY winner

You that think you have sense, what has it brought you

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
JustCurious:

Stupid? It’s your perspective, bro.

The truth is that, the journey to the top would be easier if we have people who totally believe in us and support us.

In a system like ours, where “who you know determines your lot ” then, you don’t expect someone who struggled to get things done for himself by himself to have a different narration.

If you’ve ever been rejected several times with no assurance of glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps, you’d understand his viewpoint, better.

Amidst rejection and unfavorable atmosphere, it takes faith in God, perseverance, strong willed, doggedness to stay afloat.

I guess he had a very rough beginning, however, he never gave up on himself.

Bless You!

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by NwaIgboBoy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
Heaven is our best reward not grammy!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

There are no self-made men in this world! Not a damn one! It takes wisdom and maturity to know this universal truth!

I believe you should have enough sense to decode the self-made. Of course he had people he worked with to achieve his dreams. You definitely can't compare him to others!

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by foreshore(m): 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bmuhd4smile:

He is actually referring to people like you. Which beginning of his fall; imagine ordinary headies didn't give him any award atleast to buttress is chance of winning grammy since he has been nominated and it's something that will uplift nigeria music as a whole. So he is right when he said he did it alone.

That is where the problem is. He couldn't have done it on his own. Forget his efforts and all. The criticism and rejections was actually what propelled him and he does not need to ascribe all perfection to himself but to God that grants him the grace. The statement credited to him is unnecessary and needless.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:
[s][/s]

Shut the bleep up Assistant Jesus

Empty skull will you keep quiet!
Someone stopped you from preaching about your relegating blood sucking religion too?

Sick Terrorist.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

Empty skull will you keep quiet!
Someone stopped you from preaching about your relegating religion too?

Sick Terrorist.

I'm not surprised by what you wrote because you're not that smart because I don't think I mentioned my religion in my post. Dumb fuc.k!
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

undecided
Edited ∆
cool
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Oluwaseun2020(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
The most important belief often come from inside. ...if you are waiting for people Validity which is what prompt many to buy 200 thousands naira phone on credit just to get 500 likes in instagram or Facebook. ... Its never about that . If it was Money Davido should have won that Grammy. Belief in yourself then God will back that belief. Thanks for the inspiration bro.

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by yemmywesey(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
you didnt do it all by yourself. your achieved success can't take away or deny efforts of past nigerian and african artists like tuface, eedris abdulkarim, tony tetula, dbanj, 9ice, ruggedman, regie rockstone, fela, sunny okosun, raskimono, marvelous benji, daddy showkey, danfo driver, Kennis music, mo hits gang .
this people put in a great work to boost nigerian music to global stage, In winning international awards like channel 0, mobo, mtv base award etc.
congrats bro, but your pride is too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
MichaelSokoto:

Edited ∆
cool

Alright man
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mykel51:

There is NOT A SINGLE FELA sample on his Album that won a GRAMMY grin

burna boy didn't win the Grammy only on the account of this singular album remember he was nominated for Grammy previously on the other album and won other international awards in the past, that's not even the point the point is his style of music is heavily influenced by the great fela , and those that came before him, actually put Nigerian music on international recognition making it easy for musicians like him to be recognized quickly , he didn't lay the foundation from scratch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by medokills(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oluwa Burna, u should be magnanimous in victory you still going after those that did not support you. It is not possible that everybody be your friends.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by joowealth(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
B boy, you don dey talk too much o, make you no go blasphemy o o. You can't do anything on you own, get it right. What about He that gives you life? What about your fans who supported you and those that buy your songs. Tread jejely abeg. Jeje o, jeje o, jeje jeje jeje ooo × 2.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
Burna Boy, u don dey talk too much

FEM!!!!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by FullBlastLight: 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Shut up. It is not all topics u jump into, some are not of ur business, u always on point on some topics, while some, u sounded religiously ridiculous.

Focus on your part bro.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Exodora: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Pride comes before a fall.
You can't possibly do it all on your own .
Somebody some how contributed . People listened and liked the music first , at least acknowledge them .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Howearn: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
lol
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Myer(m): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul ..
That is what will give HIM Joy...
That is what will make HIM Smile..
That is what will give HIM Glory..

Even from a religious perspective,
God is interested in a lot of things, one of it being the soul.
God is also interested in you being fruitful, multiplying and replenishing the earth.

Meaning God is interested in living an impactful and productive life on earth.
Let God worry about Burna's soul you worry about yours.
God hates religious souls just as Jesus hated the Pharisees and the Saducees.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by bigtt76(f): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
Abegi e don do ...Nigerians with this 'haters' mentality ....everything hates this ....haters that! You don win you don win ...let go angry

ebukajay184:
"I'll never forget how so many of you prayed that I don't win" - Burnaboy

My kids will confidently beat their chest and say “Daddy did it on his OWN, We can do it on our own” - Burnaboy

Nigerian singer, Burnaboy who won his first Grammy on Sunday night, March 14, for the Best Global Music Album, revealed that he did it on his own, IgbereTV reports.

He said that his kids will beat their chest some day and say, 'Daddy did it on his own. He also said he'll never forget how people prayed for him not to win.

Read his tweets below.

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373339624618270721?s=20

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373340423272460290?s=20

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373344423208161283?s=20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

I'm not surprised by what you wrote because you're not that smart because I don't think I mentioned my religion in my post. Dumb fuc.k!

Foool learn to live and let live. Mr smart man.
Righteousness has same right as fools like you to comment. So, mind your demonic business next time.

"I am not surprised by what you wrote BECAUSE you are not smart BECAUSE grin

OPONU SOWE NU

Terrorist.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

Foool learn to live and let live. Mr smart man.
Righteousness has same right as fools like you to comment. So, mind your demonic business next time.

"I am not surprised by what you wrote BECAUSE you are not smart BECAUSE grin

OPONU SOWE NU

Terrorist.

You're chasin' clout and I won't give you that. Ignoramus being!. Keep qouting me but you'll never get a response again. You stupid product of an accidental sex!
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Skmoda360(m): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
Beckysexy:
He's a good artist no doubt but he is not mature.
You have a point......I dey your back on this....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by abbey621(m): 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

Abeg be quiet! Self made does not mean alone, it means not relying on the sponsorship or finances of others, in the music industry it means not signing your life away to producers/marketers etc. Dude could have blown a long time ago if he signed with Mavin or some hotshot record company but he didn't, dude worked on himself, gave his fans what they wanted and God handled the rest.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by ayodeji4000(m): 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oro igberaga , you can't do it on your own, some chose to award you the grammy, he didn't mention God because he knew God was not involved

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar Celebrates Her 34th Birthday In See Through Black Dress / Rita Dominic With Mr. Ibu At Ita-giwa's 70th Birthday / Meghan Markle And Her Growing Pregnant Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.