Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God (7012 Views)

Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God / Why Jesus Is Not Son Of God? / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by doyenn(m): 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2007
As said in the Q'uran chapter 19 verse 30

He [Isa (Jesus) ] said: "verily, I am a slave of Allah,He has given me the scripture and made me a prophet.

What do you have to say to this those of you that called him the son of God.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2007
That was made up by Muhammad.

This is what Jesus said:

Mark 14: (61) But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest
      asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? (62)  And
      Jesus said, I am
: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power,
      and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by MP007(m): 6:27am On Jul 08, 2007
Jesus didnt say he was a prophet.He said in the bible (which is authentic) that he was the son of God after he was baptised and a dove sat oon his shoulders and a voice from heaven said "This IS My son in who i believe , hear him thee", u just cannot understand, U need to know Jesus on a personal level to understand, Jesus loves u
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 09, 2007
doyenn:

As said in the Q'uran chapter 19 verse 30

He [Isa (Jesus) ] said: "verily, I am a slave of Allah,He has given me the scripture and made me a prophet.

What do you have to say to this those of you that called him the son of God.

the same quran that claims you are going to hell? the same one that erroneously claims that Mary is the sister of Aaron despite the fact that they both lived more than 4000 yrs apart? This same confused compilation of fairy tales, plagiarised stories, lies and deciet cannot be relied upon.

Those words could not have come from Jesus Christ rather they are the machinations of allah's chief slave looking desperately to cling to any piece of straw in order to lend his new cult some form of credibility.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2007
@davidylan, Lol. . . easy on him. Doyenn doesn't seem to have a good grasp on what he's trying to offer.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by doyenn(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2007
No matter how I try to let you know the truth,your hear wld remain deaf,it's like you're among those whom their ear have being blocked,no matter how you talk to them,it's the same. things of this nature has happened long b4 now. i'm not surprise at you guys.

keep on doing it in your own ways,we'll see who's right or wrong. The time is near and fast appraoching.you not the first,i think you know pharaoh,it was when he was drown in the sea that h believes that it's real but at that time it was late for him.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2007
@doyenn,

Easy. I would truly like you to study Sura 19:71 before it's too late. I don't want to see you taken into the wrong place by mistake; so do it today! smiley
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Vicjustice: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2007
It's a good thing that the Koran and its false prophet acknowledge the Eminence of Jesus.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2007
Well, in some sense Muhammad was a 'good man' - only in some limited sense; so I'm sure that Muslims could as well make that boast.

Yes, he fought wars -- Moses did. But global terrorism is what Muslims should deal with, as many people now believe for the most part that Islam is synonymous with terrorism.

However, there are lots of Muslims who live exemplary lives (as do many people of other religions and even non-religious leanings). But as far as this topic is concerned, the originator would be wrong in trying to plaster the Islamic view/interpretation of the Person of Jesus as a slave of "Allah".
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by denex: 8:52am On Jul 11, 2007
Jesus was not a slave of God. An MC remixing the Bible on top of a mountain 1500 years ago would have made a lot of errors.

By the way, Muhammed mentioned Isa. He didn't say Jesus. If you want to discuss Jesus, go to the Bible. If you want to discuss Isa, stick to your Koran.

Abi you expect me to quote where Oduduwa claimed that the leader of the Jihad in Saudi (Muhammed) tried to Assassinate him?

Abeg all this interreligious transfer of verses will not yield any result.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by IDINRETE: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2007
doyenn:

No matter how I try to let you know the truth,your hear would remain deaf,it's like you're among those whom their ear have being blocked,no matter how you talk to them,it's the same. things of this nature has happened long before now. i'm not surprise at you guys.

keep on doing it in your own ways,we'll see who's right or wrong. The time is near and fast appraoching.you not the first,i[b] think you know pharaoh,it was when he was drown in the sea that h believes that it's real but at that time it was late for him.[/b]

your statement is so fallacious and you have been consecrated to the service of falsification
what is the name of the pharaoh that was drowned in the sea, and could you provide a strong evidence to back your claim
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by denex: 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2007
Abeg God does not have slaves. If he does, then he's a sinner. If Allah has slaves, then Allah is a sinner. There is no justification of slavery. Even the status of God or Allah does not permit them to have slaves.

The staff with the minimum wage on God's payslip is a messenger and Jesus is not even a messenger.

Keep your religious beliefs within your religion.
Muslims should not tell Christians that Jesus is a Slave of God and Christians should not tell Muslims that Muhammed is a Son of God.

And Ifa priest should not tell muslims that Muhammed tried to Assassinate Oduduwa.

Beliefs are not interchangeable across religions. Like I always say, Stay One Place!
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Seun(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2007
Many things that God is reported to have done in the bible are evil, so slavery is no exception.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2007
@Seun,

You really don't know what the Islamic concept of slave/slavery is; and it would be unfair for you to just make a sweeping statement to make it seem as if Muhammad had anything to do with the prophets of the OT.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by denex: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2007
Slavery is slavery. Nobody should come and tell us about designer slaves here.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2007
@denex,

There's nothing like designer slaves. Just pointing out that we should not confuse the Islamic concept for the common meaning.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by mimiko(f): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2007
Vicjustice:

It's a good thing that the Koran and it's false prophet acknowledge the Eminence of Jesus, and it's so sad that Mohamed (the father of terror) has brought troubles into the world, there is nothing good about him nor his barbaric religion.
I'm not saying this things to make trouble, but my studies about the Koran and it's teachings reveals that Mohamed was evil Can anyone boast of him that he was a good man?
MOHAMED WAS EVIL!
utmost display of ignorance! there was need for insults i accept that there extreemist in Islam and so is there in Christianity! am not even going to argue with u, i just think that u should watch wat u say we all ve re diff beliefs and the fact still remains that we all belive in the Almighty God
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2007
Lol @mimiko, everyone looks at things differently.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 13, 2007
mimiko:

utmost display of ignorance! there was need for insults i accept that there extreemist in Islam and so is there in Christianity! am not even going to argue with u, i just think that u should watch what u say we all ve re diff beliefs and the fact still remains that we all believe in the Almighty God

lol this desperately absurd attempt at excusing the violence that defines islam by claiming there are extremists in christianity too is laughable. Where are the extremist christians? Where are the christian aircraft hijackers, suicide bombers? When last did a pastor declare a day of rage over Dan Brown's book in comparison to the mullah's presently orgasming over Salman Rushdie 18yrs after?
When did a christian seminary turn out "students" who hijack policemen, capture a children's library and women who carry kalashnikovs?

No ma! I refuse to be confused by the gradual and subtle attempt of "moderate" muslims to phase out the name "allah" in order to adopt a more christianised version of "almighty God". I know the God i and my christian family serve . . . His name is Jesus Christ. He is in no way related to the Allah who takes his followers as slaves and wishes only that they go down into hell!
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Dios(f): 5:01am On Jul 14, 2007
Mohammed was a bloodthirsty bastard if he did exist, Jesus was a delusional bastard if he did exist. Islam and Christianity are both cults with fanatics and moderates, the Pope is evil,

grin I'm serious
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by doyenn(m): 5:20am On Jul 14, 2007
the concept of slavery in islam is not the conventional slave. Slave in islam means someone who dedicated all his life and services to the path lf Allah(God).he does not add or remove from the msg he's brought for his people.

As I said,language is what we really need to understand b4 we judge especially in a religious matter. We God said Jesus was his only only son that whosoever believeth in him who not die but have an everlasting life.

from that statement,christians believe that Jesus is a biological son of God but we all know that God does not have a wife to give birth to a son. the son he said does not mean he gave birth him but because of the language he use.I hope you know God does not reveal this in english to him and if so,you shld try and understand how it was reveal in the original book b4 it's translated.

From that same statement,he says whosoever believeth in him wld not die but have an everlasting life,have you ever seen any of Jesus disciples yet to die,does it mean they didnt believe in him.We're all going to die but death in the statement means,eternal life.After this life,there is going to be another life because we've lived many life b4 this.

Language is important if you really want to deal with religion.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 14, 2007
doyenn:

the concept of slavery in islam is not the conventional slave. Slave in islam means someone who dedicated all his life and services to the path lf Allah(God).he does not add or remove from the msg he's brought for his people.

a slave is a slave. No matter how much you embellish his status he can never be a son!

doyenn:

As I said,language is what we really need to understand before we judge especially in a religious matter. We God said Jesus was his only only son that whosoever believeth in him who not die but have an everlasting life.

from that statement,christians believe that Jesus is a biological son of God but we all know that God does not have a wife to give birth to a son. the son he said does not mean he gave birth him but because of the language he use.

Maybe it is the christians living in your compound who believe Jesus Christ was a "biological son" of God. Even lukewarm christians are not so dumb to believe such islamic lies and propaganda.

doyenn:

From that same statement,he says whosoever believeth in him would not die but have an everlasting life,have you ever seen any of Jesus disciples yet to die,does it mean they didnt believe in him.We're all going to die but death in the statement means,eternal life.After this life,there is going to be another life because we've lived many life before this.

Language is important if you really want to deal with religion.

We all know that when we die we will have to face eternity. The question is WHERE are you spending yours? allah says in sura 19:71 that you will be herded down into hell. is that where you want to spend your own eternity?
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by akins4(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2007
i want to knw whos comparing quran with the bible.
quran and bible is just like "white and black"; there is no comparism so if u want to quote quran, dont compare it with whats is in the bible please.
the bible is the book of life which is written by the people who are filled with the power of the holy ghost. but quran is written by muhammed all through and duplicated by terrorist in afganistian and iraq share by their servants.
so just want to tell u that all what the bible said is final and nutin should be added or deducted.
its is written "jesus said i am the son of God".
hes aiint a prophet though.
he is the son of GOD there shouldn't be any contradiction abt that.pls
the bible said "for the wages of sin is death and the gift of God is eternal life through jesus christ our lord"
i sugest u repent and dont talk about this again or else u will see the judgement of God.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by denex: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2007
Osun O! Why are all these people calling HellFire like it's some kind of steam bath?

Jesus said he'll go into hell, now Muhammed is saying all muslims will go into hell. Do they think that hell is like a little above 45 Celsius?

Well, no wonder all this Jihadists like blowing themselves up. Because it is stated that only them can get DE (Direct Entry) into heaven.

Na wah O!
Anyhow back to topic, any god or Goddess that wants to enslave me, life go hard am O!
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by babs787(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2007
@pilgrim

Let me have your understanding of Quran 19 v 71.

Let me also have the contradiction on the above verse as stated by you.

Thanks.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by simplyme3(f): 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2007
shut up
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by denex: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2007
Well, some of the issues I've notice 'bout that surah has to do with translation problems.

However, from my general understanding of the quran, I think God wants muslims and every other people for that matter, to pass through hell. Those that are sinless would pass through unscathed.

That doesn't sound very godly to me. Why should god test me when he knows I've made heaven?
Then there is also the preferential treatment given to Jihadists. Besides the excess of 70 virgins, they get direct entry to heaven without passing through hell. Does this means at the end of the day that violence turns out to be the answer?
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2007
denex:

That doesn't sound very godly to me. Why should god test me when he knows I've made heaven?
Then there is also the preferential treatment given to Jihadists. Besides the excess of 70 virgins, they get direct entry to heaven without passing through hell. Does this means at the end of the day that violence turns out to be the answer?

Are we still puzzled on why predominantly muslim nations are embroiled in violence?
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrim

Let me have your understanding of Quran 19 v 71.

Let me also have the contradiction on the above verse as stated by you.

What is it you don't understand in what I've stated earlier about that verse?
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Aproko(f): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2007
davidylan:

lol this desperately absurd attempt at excusing the violence that defines islam by claiming there are extremists in christianity too is laughable. Where are the extremist christians? Where are the christian aircraft hijackers, suicide bombers? When last did a pastor declare a day of rage over Dan Brown's book in comparison to the mullah's presently orgasming over Salman Rushdie 18yrs after?
When did a christian seminary turn out "students" who hijack policemen, capture a children's library and women who carry kalashnikovs?

there are extremist christains my dear. Rev. King readily comes to mind. hijacking planes or suicide bombings are not the only examples of 'extremity', sexually abusing the members of your congregation, burning their fingers or any part of their body, or all the parts fo their body for that matter sounds like the extreme to me.

i can also bet that the hostage takers in the Niger Delta would tell you they are christains, so what are we saying?
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by pilgrim1(f): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2007
Aproko:

i can also bet that the hostage takers in the Niger Delta would tell you they are christains, so what are we saying?

What we are saying is simply this: the Muslim extremists are not misrepresenting the teachings of Muhammad in Islam - their actions are what Islam by the books depict. The sexually immoral reports you find among some in Christianity is dwarfed by what goes on in the madrasas (Islamic schools) where Muslim clerics sexually molest children. It's just that not many people get to know these things and then it seems as if that is a perculiar feature of Christianity.

One may argue either way that there are Muslim and Christian extremists/fundamentalists in either of the two faiths. However, Christian fundamentalism is not what Christ taught; whereas, no one who carefully reads both the Qur'an and the Hadiths will fail to notice that Islam thrives on violence and cannot survive without it.
Re: Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God by Aproko(f): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2007
pilgrim.1:

What we are saying is simply this: the Muslim extremists are not misrepresenting the teachings of Muhammad in Islam - their actions are what Islam by the books depict.

really? i find it hard to swallow that mohammed really came to this earth to teach people how to kill and destroy. perhaps i should pick up a copy of the koran!!

but really, if Mohammed has taught the muslims to fight at every opportunity, then its a miracle that the worlds population is above 6b, considering how many people are muslims!!

we have to be sincere, there are fundamentalist muslims as well as christains!!the bible says an eye for an eye, but do you really go about removing an eye of all your offenders? i dont think so. now how would you feel if anybody says christainity teaches violence, after all there is quite a lot of violence in the bible, and there were times when jesus christ displayed his anger!!!

my point really is that the koran must have something good in it, even if its just love your neigbour and give alms to the poor, perhaps we should focus on the good and constructively critisize the bad instead of branding the whole religion as violent!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jesus (pbuh) Only Sent To The Jews And Not To Nigerians-leave Him Alone! / Forget Personal Beliefs And Sentiments, Let Us Discuss The Existence Of God / NIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.