Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Should I Do In This Situation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do In This Situation (1399 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / Guys What Will You Do In This Situation?(pics) / Dear Female Nairalanders What Would You Do In This Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
the wife I married about 10 years ago started misbehaving to me 8 years ago. I have been tolerating her bad temperament for a long time. she keep being rude and lacks every respect for me. I provide for my family of 3 of children with my little resources. our sex live is almost not existing. I never deliberately picked up a quarrel or hit her in my life. we hardly talk to each other at home, nothing about me excites her anymore. I no longer find her suitable to live with.
please how do I handle this case. I am in a big emotional pain and this woman does not care.
we still live together but I now hate her.
Her parents are never in support of her attitudes. they constantly pray for change in her character and also pleads with me to ignore and love her
I can't report her to
my parents because they were against my marriage to a girl outside my ethnic group citing cultural differences could be a big challenge.
Honestly her attitudes are a big problem to me

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by maureensylvia(f): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
Too much use of personal pronoun I, I, I

Something must be eating her up but she may refuse to communicate with you.

You are the man of the house, talk to her as the head of the family... Ask her to open up to you.

For the rude attitude and bad temperament, no one deserves that cos that alone shortens life span. You can talk to her family about it.

Life is too short to endure a miserable life, marriage no be boy boy u will go and come back.

Work on your marriage my dear.

Goodluck

PS: is she working?
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Xenry: 11:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
This is exactly why marriage is a scam! Smh. sad

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
another reason marriage scares me tf....

her mind is off you,so sad you can't help..
just take care of your children and let her be

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by OluwaLina1(f): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
T

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by HarunaWest(m): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
Bornagainmuslim:
the wife I married about 10 years ago started misbehaving to me 8 years ago. I have been tolerating her bad temperament for a long time. she keep being rude and lacks every respect for me. I provide for my family of 3 of children with my little resources. our sex live is almost not existing. I never deliberately picked up a quarrel or hit her in my life. we hardly talk to each other at home, nothing about me excites her anymore. I no longer find her suitable to live with.
please how do I handle this case. I am in a big emotional pain and this woman does not care.
we still live together but I now hate her.
Her parents are never in support of her attitudes. they constantly pray for change in her character and also pleads with me to ignore and love her
I can report her to
my parents because they were against my marriage to a girl outside my ethnic group citing cultural differences could be a big challenge.
Honestly her attitudes are a big problem to me
Try to find out if you haven't offended her in anyway...If she speaks and changes, fine but if she doesn't...Speak to her one more time to change her attitude. If she refused,...Divorce her....Everyone deserves to be happy in his/her. It's a relationship not a trap. Remove yourself so both of you can be happy.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
maureensylvia:
Too much use of personal pronoun I, I, I

Something must be eating her up but she may refuse to communicate with you.

You are the man of the house, talk to her as the head of the family... Ask her to open up to you.

For the rude attitude and bad temperament, no one deserves that cos that alone shortens life span. You can talk to her family about it.

Life is too short to endure a miserable life, marriage no be boy boy u will go and come back.

Work on your marriage my dear.

Goodluck

PS: is she working?
thanks for your concern, she has her personal business but of late she stopped due to high B.P she has.
her parents have enquired what the problem is. I have also talked to her on several occasions. all to no avail.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
HarunaWest:

Try to find out if you haven't offended her in anyway...If she speaks and changes, fine but if she doesn't...Speak to her one more time to change her attitude. If she refused,...Divorce her....Everyone deserves to be happy in his/her. It's a relationship not a trap. Remove yourself so both of you can be happy.
no amount of talking can change her, I think is just not a happy person naturally. though she might not mean bad but i can't cope with her nature snymore
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by drmikeadams(m): 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
U saw the signs and still jumped in.
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by HarunaWest(m): 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
Bornagainmuslim:
no amount of talking can change her, I think is just not a happy person naturally. though she might not mean bad but i can't cope with her nature snymore
Well something makes her sad..ask her if she is tired if the marriage then..God knows the day I get tired of a spouse, I will ask her to go..I see marriage as a means to an end i.e The kids and companionship et al....When eye clear, marriage becomes overated.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
drmikeadams:
U saw the signs and still jumped in.
I did not see any sign, I think she covered her real self just to bear children. she is not the loving type.
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 11:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
HarunaWest:

Well something makes her sad..ask her if she is tired if the marriage then..God knows the day I get tired of a spouse, I will ask her to go..I see marriage as a means to an end i.e The kids and companionship et al....When eye clear, marriage becomes overated.
her problem is she is not ready to love any man, she only needed to have children of her own
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by soundOsonic: 12:02am On Mar 24, 2021
Your case is simple.
What you two need is alone time.
Send your kids to their grandparents.
10years of marriage? Your flame is lost you just need to rekindle such flame. 10 years is enough time for the both of you to change.

I would have given you steps on how to make it work but life doesn't have a manual. But at least let me drop what I would do.

1. You need to be a teenager once more. You too are far apart, play are favorite song when you too started dating and walk up to her with a dance and smile and hold her hands, she will try to make you stop just insist until you get a hug so as you two can get a slow dance and just whisper to her " I miss you". Though it will be strange to you and a drag just try it.

2. After doing that when you both are at work, send her naughty text messages. To build up the sexual tension with love emojis. You are only trying to put her in the mood. When you see her in person call her babe, or fine girl to make her feel herself. Compliments her body too.

3. Have sense with her, when it is done tell her you have missed her so much, apologize for anything that comes to your mind and ask her if she wants to apologize for anything, if she says nothing just say let us renew our vows here. And chip in some things she wouldn't do in the vow she is to say. Note: you tell her to repeat after you her own vow, and you repeat after her the vow she wants from you

4. Keep having sex and keep listening to her and less talking.

5. Final steps starts behaving like teenagers when you are with her. When she gets angry hold her and and tell her everything will be fine. If you are angry tell her why you are angry in a sad tone.

If you follow this you are good to go. You two are more of a father and mother and have just forgotten how be lovers to each other.
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by maureensylvia(f): 12:12am On Mar 24, 2021
Bornagainmuslim:
thanks for your concern, she has her personal business but of late she stopped due to high B.P she has.
her parents have enquired what the problem is. I have also talked to her on several occasions. all to no avail.

Awww, just be patient with her, since you have done your best to try talk to her to change, and she refused.

Carry your cross bro..
Just Ignore her acts cool
Also try and make yourself happy.

Bro, do not divorce or beat her abeg. Just do what makes you happy and take good care of your health, constant nagging can ruin ones sanity.

My fellow gender shaa angry

Modified... For the sex part, most women's libido reduces after pregnancy and childbirth... You may consult a doc on this.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Draslo(m): 12:20am On Mar 24, 2021
If I say you should file for divorce now these Nairaland vampires will come for me.
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 12:34am On Mar 24, 2021
soundOsonic:
Your case is simple.
What you two need is alone time.
Send your kids to their grandparents.
10years of marriage? Your flame is lost you just need to rekindle such flame. 10 years is enough time for the both of you to change.

I would have given you steps on how to make it work but life doesn't have a manual. But at least let me drop what I would do.

1. You need to be a teenager once more. You too are far apart, play are favorite song when you too started dating and walk up to her with a dance and smile and hold her hands, she will try to make you stop just insist until you get a hug so as you two can get a slow dance and just whisper to her " I miss you". Though it will be strange to you and a drag just try it.

2. After doing that when you both are at work, send her naughty text messages. To build up the sexual tension with love emojis. You are only trying to put her in the mood. When you see her in person call her babe, or fine girl to make her feel herself. Compliments her body too.

3. Have sense with her, when it is done tell her you have missed her so much, apologize for anything that comes to your mind and ask her if she wants to apologize for anything, if she says nothing just say let us renew our vows here. And chip in some things she wouldn't do in the vow she is to say. Note: you tell her to repeat after you her own vow, and you repeat after her the vow she wants from you

4. Keep having sex and keep listening to her and less talking.

5. Final steps starts behaving like teenagers when you are with her. When she gets angry hold her and and tell her everything will be fine. If you are angry tell her why you are angry in a sad tone.

If you follow this you are good to go. You two are more of a father and mother and have just forgotten how be lovers to each other.
thanks but not going to be easy though
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 12:35am On Mar 24, 2021
maureensylvia:

Awww, just be patient with her, since you have done your best to try talk to her to change, and she refused.

Carry your cross bro..
Just Ignore her acts cool
Also try and make yourself happy.

Bro, do not divorce or beat her abeg. Just do what makes you happy and take good care of your health, constant nagging can ruin ones sanity.

My fellow gender shaa angry

Modified... For the sex part, most women's libido reduces after pregnancy and childbirth... You may consult a doc on this.
I love your sense of judgement. thank you

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 12:37am On Mar 24, 2021
Draslo:
If I say you should file for divorce now these Nairaland vampires will come for me.
I contemplated that early this year
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Draslo(m): 12:41am On Mar 24, 2021
Bornagainmuslim:
I contemplated that early this year
Maybe you should just go for it. Life's short. I'd hate for you to live it in misery. You can't allow one woman determine your happiness.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Susily(m): 1:10am On Mar 24, 2021
Serve her divorce papers

Life is too short to live in misery over a woman

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by khengxlei(m): 2:19am On Mar 24, 2021
omo marriage no be bread and akara oo grin

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Bornagainmuslim: 9:22am On Mar 24, 2021
thanks all, I will update as the events go on
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Chris2863(m): 1:39am On Mar 27, 2021
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 27, 2021
8-years is a long time to be in a miserable marriage. For the sake of your kids who are absorbing everything going on in the home, come to a resolution of some sort.
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by BBBells: 8:48am On Mar 27, 2021
she don see you finish be that

if she is not talking to you, then she is tslking to someone, most especially female friends or sister or mother, and she is finding faults in everything you do,

the older women grow, the greedier they become

she needs new bargaining chip, use the carrot and stick method, give and take

if she still doent budge, then start making her jealous, like our fore father always marry new wife to make the older humble and cut her wings and bragado, start mixing with other females in your area,

YOUR HAPPINESS IS THE ULTIMATE NOT HER

the person she is seeing may be man or woman is the one causing the problem, they havr started compating you with another and want to change you by fire by force

DONT LOSE THE BATTLE, STAND YOUR GROUND

Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by Climaxtvmedia: 9:13am On Mar 27, 2021
� content No bra challenge Twerk videos Hoe stories
Recharge cards giveaway�
Join us tonight! 9pm!
https:///message/CRNDFKSGWDOQE1
Re: What Should I Do In This Situation by tunize(m): 10:41am On Mar 27, 2021
Since she has been like this for long that everyone is even praying for God to change her I don't think your one on one talk can change her rude nature. I don't want to sound wicked ooh but I cant cope with somebody like you wife as a friend, family or even wife ah swear cos I wont divorce her neither will I beat her but our living eh make I nor talk my mind. I hope she changes for you shall but bros if that woman nor wan happy, bros make yourself happy nor get b.p is of person just be happy nothing dey life.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Platonic Sex? / My Girlfriend Left Me For No Reason / Trying out this alpha thing : did I act alpha or beta here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.