Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (33347 Views)

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by womenareapes1: 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.
you are the most useless piece of shiit we have here! undecided

just because you sacrifice your family members doesn't mean others will.

goat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Scarfin(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
Abigarnics01:

Thank you very much. Prayers and encouragement from my mum(who single-handedly sponsored my education) are what gives me comfort now. Although it is hard but I am praying, speaking with people and still submitting applications here and there.

Keep doing what you said you're doing.

But please don't pray like the formal sort of way if u want radical result.

Talk to God in a way that will make God, do "huh who's talking like this!!?"

Ask God questions if u like, pray while your lying down or bathing and while pooing...

Your mum's prayer will do very little for you except YOURS.

Also watch what u say to YOURSELF.
Never ever say negative stuffs to yourself...

From the way sound, you want an independent life not being subservient to a man to get a life.
Good news! You can get!
Tell it to God first.
Make it heart to heart talk.
Remember, in ur situation, very formal prayer is of little use.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND LET ANY HELPER WHO COMES ACROSS YOU SEE YOU WANT A LIFE NOT PIES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Scarfin(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
AMBURSAA:
56 years
That's quite a wait oo
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
Scarfin:

Keep doing what you said you're doing.

But please don't pray like the formal sort of way if u want radical result.

Talk to God in a way that will make God, do "huh who's talking like this!!?"

Ask God questions if u like, pray while your lying down or bathing and while pooing...

Your mum's prayer will do very little for you except YOURS.

Also watch what u say to YOURSELF.
Never ever say negative stuffs to yourself...

From the way sound, you want an independent life not being subservient to a man to get a life.
Good news! You can get!
Tell it to God first.
Make it heart to heart talk.
Remember, in ur situation, very formal prayer is of little use.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND LET ANY HELPER WHO COMES ACROSS YOU SEE YOU WANT A LIFE NOT PIES.

God bless you richly. Thank you so much.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
sparko1:

details
Good evening boss please can I send mine too ...I opened this thread because of the hardship and tough experience I am going through too
House1411:

Thanks
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by kaaybest(m): 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
don't mind him, he wanna see craze grin grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by acumen90(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2021
Four years now after graduation. Studied Political Science (2.1). I am having a real hard time due to my present condition. Sometimes, I feel worthless and of no use.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EDUECO(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2021
Abigarnics01:

Needs like what please? I have tried different businesses right from my 300l at the University and they didn't work out well for reasons due to running capital, low patronage and others. I have sold oranges outside my house, sold coconut candy too, sold chinchin and even peanut burger in different offices in Benin city as well, but had to stop due to high cost of getting raw ingredients and the same low patronage (people complained they don't have extra money for snacks and co). Talking about meeting a need is easy by so many people but in the real world of hustling, it isn't how it is.
Location with high population is very important in food business.

And you need perseverance in any business.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel: you can copy any small scale business that is successful around you.Just open you eyes and your mind .
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Chinnems(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2021
4yrs now. Nothing steady.
Kindly let me know of existing vacancies at your place.
Thank you.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by flabush2241: 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
No job so I became a transporter
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Pedimathias: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
6 years, for crying out loud someone should help me out. I Pray God continue to bless my farming hustle pending when things will be pure.
@ times, I do feel I have succeeded in wasting my limited resourses and time in the name of getting educated.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Gokoyer0(m): 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
Just kill me this man. Hahahaha grin
womenareapes1:
you are the most useless piece of shiit we have here! undecided

just because you sacrifice your family members doesn't mean others will.

goat
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
Not gotten a good job yet but I am waiting on God cause they that wait on God he will renew their strength and they shall mount on eagle's wing.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by budusky05(m): 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2021
A month before NYSC pass-out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by WoundedLamb: 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2021
vhuqnl:

you never tell me your role

My role in what? At work?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by samwash(m): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2021
timibare:
my fwend will u keep quiet

My guy, you should be the one to cover ur head in shame.
How can u pass through school for 4 or 5 yrs not to talk of spill yr in some pple's case, or more than 5 yrs for medical student & still be looking for job after 5 yrs, something is definitely wrong with Nigeria graduates.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2021
sparko1:

Send your details

Thank you very much sir I have seen it, may God continue to bless you more, thank you.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EBUBECHISOM(m): 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2021
Still on the road to that great Job.
Do you need my services?

Good day Sir/Ma,
I'm a Science graduate of the first Indigenous University in Nigeria with a cgpa of 4.33

I learn very quickly, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and I am also highly skilled in the use of computers and the internet. I am adaptable to change, financially savvy, equipped with contract drafting and negotiation skills, highly skilled in numerical science, research-and-customer focused. I am also open and continue to learn and improve on my skills by taking advantage of any relevant training opportunity and I am willing to travel for assignments, change location, priorities or work load.

My skill sets and excellent qualifications make me a good fit for your organization. For more details about me, you can contact me on zero-seven-zero-3-2-3-6-zero-nine-zero-one.

Thank you greatly.
Sincerely,
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by lichocho(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
Muhylonaire007:

29th of march 2020 or 2021? shocked shocked shocked shocked why na
e sound funny but Na just today I stop work..
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EDUECO(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
flabush2241:
No job so I became a transporter
This is an example of how to earn a good income.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by dinodangana(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
� � � Amen
House1411:

Nothing is too impossible for God to do..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Advocatejustice(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
Venerable612:

OP it took me 2 (two) weeks back then.

Finished Law School in Nigeria - I was going by flight to Abuja for the call to bar ceremony.

I just asked the young lady in front of my seat if she was going to Bwari as well - as I needed company in the chartered taxi.

Turns out she was 10 years at the bar already! And was working with the Securities & Exchange Commission. OMG she looks so young, even till date, you will never tell.

Long story short we exchanged contact. Told her I needed a job in Abuja and I wanted to run away from the hussle and bustle of lagos.

She asked me to send my CV. OP, this woman sent my CV to almost all the Big Corporate Law Firms in Nigeria - and I got emails from about 5 of them. It was now just a matter of choice for me - but I later decided to settle fr Lagos because that was where the real Banking & Finance legal works was really Practiced.

Might I add that I Made First Class both in my Under grad (LLB) and at the Nigerian Law School (BL) - so perhaps that was a factor.

Moral:
Always be confident to speak with people about your job need, even the person sitting next to you in church - in a bus - restaurant etc. But I guess again it's boils down to your conversation and social skills. There are books you can get online on how to improve your social skills (see e.g. How To Win Friends and influence People by Dale Carnegie).

This approach helped me a lot when I was seeking internships back then - in some instances, I literally sent random Inmail to industry experts in my field on LinkedIn. Many times the traditional online applications and sending of CVs just may not be enough.

Hope this helps someone out there. Thanks smiley

Awesome!

I will also be done with my law school program by next year, can you also put a smile on my face by getting your learned junior a job too?

Mo ti soro soke o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by dinodangana(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2021
Lol, the only course u'l study and be sure of a job is medicine. The way the country is even some doctors re unemployed.
Johnchrix:

And one of my babe is proud and longing to be become an accountant in future, I just de pity am...
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
DhatPeacefuldud:
Kuku join your bandits brothers, they're cashing out steadily

Are you okay? Why did this crack me up? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Eclement(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.

Which knowledge and enlightenment are you talking about?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Are you okay? Why did this crack me up? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lmao He should join them, its a valid suggestion
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
BruncleZuma:

I'm very proud of that ban, nah akuya like you make me land there.
Omor nawa o
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
DhatPeacefuldud:
Lmao
He should join them, its a valid suggestion

LOL!
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by wevy(f): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
Jacksparrow7:

When you were doing low paying jobs, were you relying on your parents or something?
Not really...financial support from my parents stopped soon as I graduated from uni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2021
House1411:

Foreign certificate?
Benin republic?
Lol. UK. If you don't behave me, I will not be surprised, many people think northerners are guaranteed a government job upon graduation but here am I. You know (I am sure) that Nigeria is screwed up but if as a southerner you hear my story, you'd have a clearer picture of how bleeped up it is.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2021
BeboNGN:
I don't believe you
Believe me it's true. Nigeria is more lost than you think. Nepotism will take us places we won't like, I assure you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate / NGC Unltd:real Or Fake? / Ideas About PZ Cussons Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.