Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (33365 Views)

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Abduljabbar1313(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.

I support this guy oo it's Hundred �% correct
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by playtheblues(f): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
House1411:
Good evening.

How long did it take you to get a good job after GRADUATION and NYSC?

If you have a story or words of encouragement you can feel free to drop it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3JgDOILysM
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Chykes4micheal: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
timibare:
my fwend will u keep quiet

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Nice one jaree.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by deltateam: 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
VTJN:
Make me too do like you, could you please help me with a job?

Though didn't had first-class, but not too far from first-class. Thanks

E choke.

Oga which one is "... didn't had..."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Iizykidoo(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Well...

I will give you an advise.

You have to be strategic in your search.

If you think you will get a job just by posting your CV on every job application advert and site you find, trust me, youll never get a job

You need to be strategic.

Truth is there are jobs. If you know how to find them, there are jobs.

You just have to be strategic

mehn I so much love your words....especially the last part.... see ehn dont be deceived when someone tell u there isn't job in Nigeria...they are...u just need to know where to look jare...this is what have been holding on to sha

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.

I don't know what to say to you.

Just because you passed through a University does not mean you are a bred entrepreneur. A University does not teach you to be one. I dont know what knowledge or enlightenment you are speaking of.

Every entrepreneurial knowledge I have today was garnered outside of the University through years of repeated trials and error. Not everone is cut out for that. Not everybody has the stamina to endure failure.

You talk of starting a business like its going to be profitable right out the gate.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
playtheblues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3JgDOILysM
I am on Airtel free basis. It can't open YouTube
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Iizykidoo(m): 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Abduljabbar1313:

I support this guy oo it's Hundred �% correct

is not that am arguing or anything o....but you guys can be right tho.....but do me a favour please...define 'little capital' and talk about any business you can start with it....and please don't talk about farming
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Iseoluwani: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
poverty mentality. Why can't u be doing business now and help employ ur mates ? Look for a mentor to train u, then start something. Working for someone is a sign that u need deliverance in poverty mentality. Apostle'joshua Selman and Steve harris can cure u

U listened to Selman message and you just talked like u need help yourself. So ashamed of you. Go back and listen to financial dominion 1-4 by Apst Joshua Selman
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
poverty mentality. Why can't u be doing business now and help employ ur mates ? Look for a mentor to train u, then start something. Working for someone is a sign that u need deliverance in poverty mentality. Apostle'joshua Selman and Steve harris can cure u

SHUT UP THERE!!!
YOU ARE SAYING RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by SlayerForever: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
P.S: Some of the people who have no jobs here voted Buhari twice. Lwkmd. You think you're doing me. Lol.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by kkins25(m): 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2021
3months..
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Kyrx(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:

I get your point boss, however the truth, is everyone won’t t be labour employer. That’s the way things are.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Light78: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
Since I finished my service, I haven't gotten a job. It's been 4 years now. I am the type that like work so much. I run any work or job like its my own. I stay not too far from alaba international.

I am seeking employment. Could someone give me a job?

I am not going to give up.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Wilson125(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Animal people just full this forum..
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by vikiphy89(m): 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
See talk, bia nwokem wepu ukwu n'uzo ma ajojie gi okpa
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Juicethekid: 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Nonsense That's how you are telling about those two mad Men in my thread
I believe you are charmed by them
Everything is poverty mentality
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Oshokalo: 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
guy if everybody become employer who go be employee
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by sparko1(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
A good job is subjective, when I finished my NYSC, I was staying with my uncle in Ikoyi, I got a 30k job with my OND, (I have different level cv's then) I started, though it lasted for about 6 months, got a 50k job, did that for another 6 months, got a 70k job till I got my present job and I finished NYSC in 2016, the point is you can't stay without doing something, no body is going to hold you if you decide to leave a job after 2 months, the problem is staying without a job for a long period, you will begin to feel like a woman who her menopause sneak up on.

As a matter of fact, if you have a 250k a month job I am very interested, I am still looking for a good job (Whatever that means)

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by gbemishile: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
exactly 2 years. finished service june/july,2011

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Duplexxx: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
No jobs you ganna wait until Buhari is out this is the problem we the Nigerians is facing today

I know our shameless government really making things hard for you and me but God will put them in shame in 2023

Tinubu or Atiku should hide their dirty old faces

They are among the bad eggs that corrupted Nigeria
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
I finished my NYSC in 2018 and still searching for a job in this Lagos like this, please I can do anything to put food on my table....I don't mind being a PA or anything, I can even work at building sights just to feed, please I need help.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Well...

I will give you an advise.

You have to be strategic in your search.

If you think you will get a job just by posting your CV on every job application advert and site you find, trust me, youll never get a job

You need to be strategic.

Truth is there are jobs. If you know how to find them, there are jobs.

You just have to be strategic
Kindly give one or two clues, someone might need it
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by faithfull18(f): 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
namiji2598:
This is my third year in the labour market, and my salary is 15K

Southerners think say northerners dey get job i'mmediately after graduation
My people all these sh**ts are propagandas
Go to your emir, I learnt government jobs are easy to get over there.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by oluwafemiabioye(f): 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:

I don't know if it is me but I hate it when people say things like this. Starting a business in Nigeria is not easy and the educational system of Nigeria didn't design graduates for such.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by GorillaApp(m): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
Care to share?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
sparko1:
A good job is subjective, when I finished my NYSC, I was staying with my uncle in Ikoyi, I got a 30k job with my OND, (I have different level cv's then) I started, though it lasted for about 6 months, got a 50k job, did that for another 6 months, got a 70k job till I got my present job and I finished NYSC in 2016, the point is you can't stay without doing something, no body is going to hold you if you decide to leave a job after 2 months, the problem is staying without a job for a long period, you will begin to feel like a woman who her menopause sneak up on.

As a matter of fact, if you have a 250k a month job I am very interested, I am still looking for a good job (Whatever that means)
Oga please link me to any job please, I don suffer for this Lagos....as I dey talk to you like this.....hunger has built a bungalow in my stomach. angry

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EDUECO(m): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
A female or male graduate can go into small scale food businesses (like frying akara).

This can earn you a daily profit of between N2000 to N3000

You can start this business with N10,000 to N15,000

This is even better than a monthly salaried job of N20,000.

You can raise the capital for your next level of business from 1 to 3 years.

This is how some of the big businesses started and raised the needed capital for their next line of business.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Tangiblehandwork: 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
I already have my own I.T business/job before I graduated in 2010,I search for job for like 2years,maybe I fit see money add to my business but I no see reasonable job.all the job wey I see na slave job,I just jejely face my business like that.i thank God today sha

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Amanee(f): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

In essence, it too u 3 years to go for service after u graduated?

Four years
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Scarfin(m): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
Abigarnics01:
Graduated since 2015 and got my first and only tangible job experience in 2018 with UBA. I worked for one year and had to resign because my contract ended and there was no hope of being made a full core staff cry cry. Since 2019, I have been jobhunting seriously and I am so tired. My side businesses are nothing to write home about as I get low patronage despite my many adverts and co. I have spent so much traveling for test and interviews at different locations and I am feeling so frustrated. I don't even understand what's going on anymore, I don't know which way to face again and I dare not rush into marriage without being established a little to avoid more problems. Abeg if anybody is led by the Lord, please assist a young lady in getting a job undecided undecided. Jobhunting has drained me. Just today, a certain recruitment agent told me I don't have experience for a 40k job o as a Front Desk Officer/Customer service officer. Mehn I weak finish undecided undecided undecided. Not to mention getting 3 regret mails back to back. Right now I am learning Website design courtesy one empowerment agency in Benin but I am getting tired cause I don't have personal laptop to even practice what I am being taught at home.
Sorry for the long post sha, I just needed to vent out cause I am tired cry cry.

embarassed
SAD!!!!!
Anyone who doesn't understand this post should play▶️ Akon's "Ghetto".

Ghetto, ghetto, ghetto, ghetto we livin'

These streets remind me of quicksand
When your on it you'll keep goin' down
And there's no one to hold on too
And there's no one to pull you out you keep on fallin'
And no one can here you callin'
So you end up self destructing

I just wish I can give you a job right away... but I haven't such power yet.

Millions of graduates in Africa are in similar situation with the poster.

My advice: Go radical.

Also pray and tell God to elevate your attitude and locate you with a great job or idea!
Pray and scream and cry to God for favour and watch what will start happening.

When the advice of God hits you or his favour rocks you directly both your attitude and altitude will change.

Some folk will try to deceive you, but God answers prayers... Especially someone in a situation like this. GUARANTEED
Talk to God and listen carefully and humbly.

Final Word: LADY, NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by acumen90(m): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
Where exactly are the unemployed supposed to look, please?
Iizykidoo:

mehn I so much love your words....especially the last part.... see ehn dont be deceived when someone tell u there isn't job in Nigeria...they are...u just need to know where to look jare...this is what have been holding on to sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

NGC Unltd:real Or Fake? / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate / What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.