Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (33870 Views)

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Lordbinsmar: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
Naa to commot this useless country be the job wey me dey find. embarassed embarassed
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
Scarfin:

embarassed
SAD!!!!!
Anyone who doesn't understand this post should play▶️ Akon's "Ghetto".

Ghetto, ghetto, ghetto, ghetto we livin'

These streets remind me of quicksand
When your on it you'll keep goin' down
And there's no one to hold on too
And there's no one to pull you out you keep on fallin'
And no one can here you callin'
So you end up self destructing

I just wish I can give you a job right away... but I haven't such power yet.

Millions of graduates in Africa are in similar situation with the poster.

My advice: Go radical.

Also pray and tell God to elevate your attitude and locate you with a great job or idea!
Pray and scream and cry to God for favour and watch what will start happening.

When the advice of God hits you or his favour rocks you directly both your attitude and altitude will change.

Some folk will try to deceive you, but God answers prayers... Especially someone in a situation like this. GUARANTEED
Talk to God and listen carefully and humbly.

Thank you very much. Prayers and encouragement from my mum(who single-handedly sponsored my education) are what gives me comfort now. Although it is hard but I am praying, speaking with people and still submitting applications here and there.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by knacker(m): 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2021
This is my fourth year and still searching, tho my side hustles dey sustain me.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by LongNipple(m): 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2021
Please I have a Bachelors of Science Degree (B.Sc) in Geography and Planning. I need a good job in any reputable Oil and Gas Company.
Onshore/Offshore Work will also be nice.
I'm willing to travel. I have NO EXPERIENCE in oil and gas. I'm willing to learn.

Thank you very much as GOD touches you to help me. Thank you grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Caleycashh: 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2021
j
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.
Even in the western world Graduates look for job... where you guys get the opposite mindset that a graduate ought to employ people baffles me, like why the education at all and parents spending a lot with students studying hard, better we all become business and skilled people then!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by RevT1: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2021
Self employment is bliss.
Business is bliss

I have 30,000 ltrs ethanol (98%) for sale at very good rate.

Quote me if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by seproperties(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.
. Weldone Motivational Speaker , really Weldone to U .Talk is so Cheap .Several Businesses which requires little Capital ,where is the Capital ,It would fall from Sky Abi ...
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:

Naso una go just dey talk rubbish... If naso e be, business go don even plenty pass customer... Nonsense! No be everyone go do business or entrepreneurship. Its inbuilt, there are those that can only function in an environment where they are told exactly what to do... Even if u give them 10million cash, they'd still need someone else to tell them how to use the money. Abeg make we dey reason before we talk. Cause it was easy for you or that you were able to pull such off doesn't mean its the same with everyone.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nairalandmonika: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
Nigeria produce hundreds of thousands of graduate every year, imagine every one of them became an entrepreneur.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Bhol28: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
Got my first job after 7 years,people saying you should start business ask them if they will give u capital to start.Got my first job as an officer on just 28k/month with no real experience though I added experience in my CV,i started acquiring d real job experience and luckily for me I got another job as a manager on d job in a multinational company after just a year and my salary jumped to a six figure.Note that I knew nobody in both companies,My CV and luck got me d jobs. I took the first job despite the meagre salary and d experience I gathered gave me d confidence to pass d interview for d managerial position I got later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Issues40(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:

Kindly share some of these businesses so that others who are not enlightened can learn. At least that way, you; a graduate, would have impacted in no small way.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Scarfin(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
NEW GRADUATES IN NIGERIA WITH NO ZERO CONNECTIONS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HELL THEY ARE WALKING INTO.

How will someone tell them? embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
How much is a good paying job exactly?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nairalandmonika: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
poverty mentality. Why can't u be doing business now and help employ ur mates ? Look for a mentor to train u, then start something. Working for someone is a sign that u need deliverance in poverty mentality. Apostle'joshua Selman and Steve harris can cure u
The guy just asked a question on niaraland, u don't even know him but why insulting him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Issues40(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2021
namiji2598:
This is my third year in the labour market, and my salary is 15K

Southerners think say northerners dey get job i'mmediately after graduation
My people all these sh**ts are propagandas

That's why you see them rushing to Lagos and Ogun state after graduation and service year hoping to "see the light at the end of the tunnel"
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EDUECO(m): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
Abigarnics01:
Graduated since 2015 and got my first and only tangible job experience in 2018 with UBA. I worked for one year and had to resign because my contract ended and there was no hope of being made a full core staff cry cry. Since 2019, I have been jobhunting seriously and I am so tired. My side businesses are nothing to write home about as I get low patronage despite my many adverts and co. I have spent so much traveling for test and interviews at different locations and I am feeling so frustrated. I don't even understand what's going on anymore, I don't know which way to face again and I dare not rush into marriage without being established a little to avoid more problems. Abeg if anybody is led by the Lord, please assist a young lady in getting a job undecided undecided. Jobhunting has drained me. Just today, a certain recruitment agent told me I don't have experience for a 40k job o as a Front Desk Officer/Customer service officer. Mehn I weak finish undecided undecided undecided. Not to mention getting 3 regret mails back to back. Right now I am learning Website design courtesy one empowerment agency in Benin but I am getting tired cause I don't have personal laptop to even practice what I am being taught at home.
Sorry for the long post sha, I just needed to vent out cause I am tired cry cry.
Just read my last post.

If you are a graduate,just look for people's need to meet.

You don't have to be ashamed of what people will say.

Most menial jobs are easier to go into than salaried jobs.And most menial jobs pay more than salaried jobs.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by BeboNGN: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
namiji2598:
This is my third year in the labour market, and my salary is 15K

Southerners think say northerners dey get job i'mmediately after graduation
My people all these sh**ts are propagandas

Where you dey for North? make I burst your bubble
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by adaperry25: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2021
I delved into business and I'm not regretting it
Check out my signature and patronise my hustle
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by sparko1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2021
Henry22:

Oga please link me to any job please, I don suffer for this Lagos....as I dey talk to you like this.....hunger has built a bungalow in my stomach. angry

Depends on your Field and what you can do, I am into ICT and property sales. If you can sell a unit of a terrace duplex, you are looking at between 2m to 4m.

Though at the moment we are not recruiting.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by pacificom: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2021
How can you expect to get a good job in a bad place?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by pacificom: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2021
How do you expect to get a good job in a bad place?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by micflo28(m): 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
I am working presently in a Paramilitary agency after 5 years of no job but my location Abuja is an expensive town, too expensive for my income level. I am still as good as struggling. Hoping to be posted out soon. Those shouting business, if you don't work with someone and learn the tenets of running a successful business, you will be one of the reasons people fail in business. Apply for jobs and work with someone and then save up to start yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by lanre88(m): 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
You still depend on that whitw collar job?

We have something better for everyone, check our offices near you today.

Work smart and not hard. A word is enough...
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by deltateam: 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2021
OmodavidoX:
For me , I am still an undergraduate and in my penultimate year( Studying Industrial Chemistry) and on 4 point.

I want to plead with nairalanders who can help connect me with any manufacturing/ production company in Lagos where I can do my 6 months Industrial Training which will start from May this year.

I have trekked and trekked to all the companies I know of, but most of them always say they don’t take due to COVID. While for most one has to have connections in order to be taken.

Please connected nairalanders help a brother/son please

Look for a pure water company and do your IT joor.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by dinodangana(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2021
6years down, MBA obtained, qualified chartered accountant, still job hunting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Johnchrix(m): 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
dinodangana:
6years down, MBA obtained, qualified chartered accountant, still job hunting
And one of my babe is proud and longing to be become an accountant in future, I just de pity am...
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by BeboNGN: 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
Please help my life. University of Lagos (Second Class upper graduate of Estate Management). I've sent CV tire. I need a Job please. My parents have really tried to Sponsor my education. It's time for them to reap from their sweat but here I am with them at home feeling useless.
As an estate management graduate, there is alot of Job in this property companies. you can work as a business developer for them
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by deltateam: 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
Please help my life. University of Lagos (Second Class upper graduate of Estate Management). I've sent CV tire. I need a Job please. My parents have really tried to Sponsor my education. It's time for them to reap from their sweat but here I am with them at home feeling useless.

It's unfortunate many people chose courses without considering the feasibility of employability.

It's only after graduation that reality sets in.

Anyway you can hustle as an agent, helping people to search for house.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by BeboNGN: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Whenever I read that nonsense online I just shake my head. I don't even want to share my experience as a northerners with a foreign certificate.
I don't believe you
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by BruncleZuma: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
DhatPeacefuldud:
Lol
Komkom brain and cheap data? Oga ade swerve, I don't want to engage you as i see you've just been released from nairaland's prison

I'm very proud of that ban, nah akuya like you make me land there.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2021
sparko1:

Depends on your Field and what you can do, I am into ICT and property sales. If you can sell a unit of a terrace duplex, you are looking at between 2m to 4m.

Though at the moment we are not recruiting.

Oga I can sell anything....but still if you can help me with a thousand naira let me just buy food first.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EASY32: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
Graduated 1998 got a good Job 2008. Good ten(10) years!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps / 6 Brutally Honest Answers To Common Job Interview Questions / Teaching And Non-teaching Vacant Positions At Chrisland Schools Limited-dec.2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.