Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means (68093 Views)

Relationship Wise: What Does A God-fearing Man Mean? / When A Girl Says She Needs Space: What She Means & Expects From You / Seven Reasons A Girl Says No When She Means Yes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by GarkiAccessory(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
d
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by spartan117(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Glory596:
Most senseless post I’ve read today
At a point I was like wtf am I reading angry

3 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
They need yahoo boy without plus.
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by lexy2014: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
blazepascal:
only for you but not for others

Not only for him. I can't seem to understand d essence of d post

2 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by Sunijacks(m): 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
She wants a puppet.

But believe me, a man that is truly fearing God in spirit and in truth has nothing to lose cos God will always come through for him.

3 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2021

First let's describe who a God-fearing man is. A person who is God-fearing is an overly religious person who sees nothing more important than his relationship with God. These people are try to live as holy as they can and often times, treats all people with love and respect equally. These kind of people don't lay much emphasis on romance or being a "great husband" and treat their spouses equally with the way they treat other people outside.

Now, with the above description is there any Nigerian woman that would want that kind of man? Many would cringe at the mere idea of marrying a pastor so as not to appear wearing gowns that they wouldn't normally wear.

No Nigerian woman would want to share her husband's love and affection with anyone and clearly, intimacy is a vital ingredient in marriage that must be shown as often as possible so as to keep the bond strong.

Some Nigerian women would likely cheat or even loath on her "God-fearing" husband because well, that isn't what she had hoped for.

So in summary, what people actually mean when they tell you that they want a "God-fearing man" is actually "I want a Good man''.

"I don't want someone who's too religious
".

A God-fearing man is not an overly-religious man! That makes it sound like something negative. You're the one who has got the meaning all skewed up! Either you don't know what it means to be God-fearing or you decided to exaggerate.

I can't speak for everyone. But I want a God-fearing man. When I say I want a God-fearing man, I want a man who's a Christian at heart and in deeds, not a mere church-goer.

- Someone who has healthy boundaries because he has a Godly conscience. There are some things people of the world will do, but a person who fears God will never do them.

- A God-fearing man is not necessarily perfect... far from it, but he consciously tries to be better. He has not resigned himself to bad habits or character traits, with no intention of changing.

- A God-fearing man has a high sense of responsibility. Even on the days when he may want to fall short, he calls himself back to order because he alludes to a higher authority.

- A God-fearing man is not necessarily coy. He is conscious of his sexuality... he can be sexy and naughty and romantic, too.

- A God-fearing man is firm, commands respect and admiration from his immediate family, friends and others.

- A God-fearing man will lead his family with love... he will love his wife as Christ loves the church... and he'll help in raising Godly children.

The idea of a "good" man is very subjective... anyone can claim to be good by whatsoever standards they believe to be good. The idea of a God-fearing man is less subjective and can be more easily metered.

And let me say this for free, a person cannot sustainably be good by themselves. To rely on their own ability for goodness is a ruse! They will fail/hurt you way too many times. It is the working of the Holy Spirit in a man that makes the difference.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by fredoooooo: 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
That means they want an oponu , a stupid man that will take all her stupidity...

2 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by KFeeders(f): 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Not interesting

Checkout our original jimbo ori natural products for smooth skin of your newborns, babies, young children & adults. Also available for wholesalers.

One of our products is jimbo ori black soap which exfoliate the skin (open the pores of the skin & remove dead cells to give room for new cells for natural glow of the skin).

Check my signature for enquiries.

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by 1Sharon(f): 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Tell them lol.

They full of shìt. because they don't find deeper life men attractive

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by SmartyPants(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
blazepascal:

First let's describe who a God-fearing man is. A person who is God-fearing is an overly religious person who sees nothing more important than his relationship with God. These people are try to live as holy as they can and often times, treats all people with love and respect equally. These kind of people don't lay much emphasis on romance or being a "great husband" and treat their spouses equally with the way they treat other people outside.

How did you arrive at this definition?

Why can't you people approach arguments with logical structure?

4 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by Lemmy123(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
chronian:
A new day, a new post about Nigerian girls. Seems you guys are too obsessed with your ladies.

I wonder how many of their photos y'all masturbate to on a daily basis. Easy, else you develop a heart attack.

Seriously? How does that translates to obsession?? Just say you're clearly foul tempered right now..

You need to hear women's discussion, what they call "gist".. Like the whole of 24hrs is not enough for them to talk about men

3 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by 1Sharon(f): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
A God-fearing man is not an overly-religious man! That makes it sound like something negative.

So what is god fearing?
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by pansophist(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
The term "God fearing" is just a final decoration, not the main thing. Women do not want to come off as superficial, saying that they find some traits such as being rich and handsome, tall and educated will seems like they care about materials and superficial things. A man has to be all that before he will accepted. If God fearing is really important, they would be rushing after pastors.

4 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by 1Sharon(f): 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
fredoooooo:
That means they want an oponu , a stupid man that will take all her stupidity...

How god fearing are you my brother?
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by rita25(f): 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
A GOD FEARING MAN IS A MAN THAT FEAR GODS SHIKENA WHICH INTERPRETATION IS BETTER AGAIN undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by femi4: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
A God-fearing man is not an overly-religious man! That makes it sound like something negative.
Na them

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by 99thEnemy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
The truth is, God fearing men are boring after their marriage desperation has been cured by the so called God fearing Man grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by jaxxy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
blazepascal:
When it comes to relationships or picking a partner for marriage, most Nigerians have a long list of preferences and what they want their spouses to possess in order to make a perfect partner.

Men have want their women to be respectful, beautiful, caring, bold and hard-working before they can consider them as "wife materials". This ideology often make some men to be too selective and usually end up being single even in their forties.

What about the women? Nigerian girls are very complicated people and their idea of an "ideal" husband might depend on age.

A teenage girl or one in her early twenties would want a fun guy, the party type that would take her places to have fun on weekends. Any guy that behaves like a husband to a girl of these age bracket will surely be disappointed as her lifestyle and mentality might be too over-whelming for him. These kinds of ladies prefer play boys and fun lovers at the moment.

Since we're talking about ladies who are choosing the kind of men they want to spend the rest of their lives with, let's get down to the point.

What do ladies mean when they say they want a "God-fearing" man?

Now, with the above description is there any Nigerian woman that would want that kind of man? Many would cringe at the mere idea of marrying a pastor so as not to appear wearing gowns that they wouldn't normally wear.

No Nigerian woman would want to share her husband's love and affection with anyone and clearly, intimacy is a vital ingredient in marriage that must be shown as often as possible so as to keep the bond strong.

Some Nigerian women would likely cheat or even loath on her "God-fearing" husband because well, that isn't what she had hoped for.

So in summary, what people actually mean when they tell you that they want a "God-fearing man" is actually "I want a Good man''.

"I don't want someone who's too religious".

So the question is, why do we say one thing and mean another?.

They want a yahoo boy or drug dealer who fears god. U get? Lol

They want money. tongue

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by jaxxy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
blazepascal:
When it comes to relationships or picking a partner for marriage, most Nigerians have a long list of preferences and what they want their spouses to possess in order to make a perfect partner.

Men have want their women to be respectful, beautiful, caring, bold and hard-working before they can consider them as "wife materials". This ideology often make some men to be too selective and usually end up being single even in their forties.

What about the women? Nigerian girls are very complicated people and their idea of an "ideal" husband might depend on age.

A teenage girl or one in her early twenties would want a fun guy, the party type that would take her places to have fun on weekends. Any guy that behaves like a husband to a girl of these age bracket will surely be disappointed as her lifestyle and mentality might be too over-whelming for him. These kinds of ladies prefer play boys and fun lovers at the moment.

Since we're talking about ladies who are choosing the kind of men they want to spend the rest of their lives with, let's get down to the point.

They want a yahoo boy or drug dealer who fears god. U get? Lol

They want money. tongue undecided
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by femi4: 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
rita25:
A GOD FEARING MAN IS A MAN THAT FEAR GODS SHIKENA WHICH INTERPRETATION IS BETTER AGAIN undecided
More like a Man that ll not cheat on her
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by beauty7: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
A God fearing man is a man who fears God, because of which,he would never cheat on his wife,he would never do anything that is evil to his wife,he would take care of his wife properly, and he would respect and honour his wife.

That is what women mean by a God fearing man.

It is not about a person who is very committed to church and religious things.

Although teenage girls' idea of a husband may involve a man who beat her when she errs, but also pampers and loves her.

It involves a man who holds both the carrots and the stick.

But when you grow older, this idea changes.

5 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nobody dey fear God in Nigeria.
1Sharon:

How god fearing are you my brother?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by 1Sharon(f): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
beauty7:
A God fearing man is a man who fears God, because of which,he would never cheat on his wife,he would never do anything that is evil to his wife,he would take care of his wife properly, and he would respect and honour his wife.

That is what women mean by a God fearing man.

It is not about a person who is very committed to church and religious things.

Although teenage girls' idea of a husband may involve a man who beat her when she errs, but also pampers and loves her.

It involves a man who holds both the carrots and the stick.

But when you grow older, this idea changes.

You can be an atheist man and still do those things
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by dboo442: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Did I just see God-fearing huspuppigrin omo nairaland no go kill me oh sho grin
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by 99thEnemy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
chronian:
A new day, a new post about Nigerian girls. Seems you guys are too obsessed with your ladies.

I wonder how many of their photos y'all masturbate to on a daily basis. Easy, else you develop a heart attack.

Which gender is sex starved the most: Female

Which gender patronizes intimacy gadgets the most? : Female

Who gender masturbates the most: Female

If intense vibrators never give you heart attack, na one boy own hand go give am? grin

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
1Sharon:

So what is god fearing?

Modified.
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by Cutehector(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
blazepascal:

if that is the case, nigerian women will date demons because bad men also do good too.

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by Exmilitant(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Modified.
Your definition of a 'god fearing' man totally describe me. You write well.

1 Like

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by Drone95(m): 12:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
doubleZ88:
when a Nigerian lady says she wants a god-fearing man its simply; she wants a man who will not cheat on her, not say a word if she cheats likewise.
a man who can accept her d way she is.
a man who can provide all her unending needs.

infact in summery, a woman needs a man she can easily punish.

infact in summery, a woman needs a man she can easily punish got me grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by ednut1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
If you are not a virgin or a good person stop demanding for God fearing men
Re: When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means by EmekaA125(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
God fearing men to ladies mean any man that won't seek or hunt for pussy outside even when their own pussy smell like rotten fishgrin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Gay Journalist, Chisom Peter, Goes Public With His Partner (Photos) / A Lady's Response To A Guy Who Sent Her A Pic Of His Genitals / This Pre-wedding Photo Stunt Has Got Wedding Lovers Talking On Instagram!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.