Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? (3154 Views)

Jilted Boyfriends Upload Girlfriends' Nude Videos On Internet / Should Men Be Dragged To The Altar / Heartbroken: Jilted By My Girlfriend For An 'Ex-Boyfriend' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by snazzydawn(f): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2006
Its your wedding morning and you are all dressed up.You make your way to the venue of the wedding and march in proudly.9.00 passes......
your spouse to be has not yet arrived.
Fear begins to course through you,you begin to fear the worst,cold sweat pour out from every pore on your body,then,a phone rings,maybe yours,maybe a close friend,and then the news is broken by your supposed husband/wife-to-be"I don't want to go ahead with the wedding,the wedding is off".What would you do?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Z4M4eva(f): 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2006
I'll kill myself embarassed grin No but really, that would be really E M B A R R A S I N G

Well...I'd just cry and walk out of the church or something, go home and have a good cry, not speak to anyone until I've calmed down. And then I'd ask him either on phone(Cos I wouldn't want to see him @ that point in time) or summin why he called off the wedding.

And well, if he still refuses to get married to me anymore, well I guess life goes on...abi?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by hotangel2(f): 12:07am On Feb 10, 2006
Thanks to him for telling me earlier. At least it's better than having to sign a divorce paper or living a life in hell when im married to him.

Haa... Wat will i do? Yeee... yeeee.. yeee... Oriii miii ooooo. haaa... haaa.a... Ayeee mi oooo. I will bounce and dance. And then i will get in the car to go home and cry. Yeeeee..... oriii miii oooo. I will cry soo much that the water from eyes would be able to feed children in the third world countries. Not only feed them, bathe them too.

Seriosuly i will be soo sad. On my wedding day, with the whole espectation on what's going to happen that night... At the wedding, the reception, my bridesmaid and bridal train or is it trail... ahhh.. The band at church, wait ooo.. Everybody i have invited... ahhhh... the wedding gown i bought.. ahhhhhh.... the foood... the priest, and to top it all.. MY HEART!.

Olorun gbo, I will shepe (curse that man). I will shepe rabata fun. Big big curses, i will be throwing them at him. Curses that will never wash away from his head even if he goes into river niger. I will curse his five generations to come.

And then, i will drink tequila with salt and lemon, and also use pain reliver and sleep. When i wake up.. i'll resume my new job (cursing the hell out of that man).

I pray that this never happen to me. Jesus won't do this to me.. we are too close.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by locia(f): 9:01am On Feb 10, 2006
when i get him i will kill him. but when i see him i will ask why telling me to marry u when u know u can't handle it.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by babymine(f): 11:58am On Feb 10, 2006
God forbid!
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by papermoon(f): 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2006
the MUTHAF*&*ER..had better MOVE out of EARTH cus i will HUNT HIM DOWN BELIEVE THAT.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by dejiolowe: 4:42pm On Feb 10, 2006
i wont attempt to marry again. the shame go make me become lagbaja by force
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2006
faint
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2006
faint
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by snazzydawn(f): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2006
LOL @ all the replies
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Honeypot1(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2006
What a happy day it will be for God must have answered the prayers of yet another lucky lady grin. I'll share the refreshment between few motherless babies' homes, at least the poor kids will have a nice time that day. I'll then drive home whistling my favourite tune, have a warm bath, relax into a soft sofa, receive calls from numerous girl friends and fix a wedding next month
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Radiant(f): 1:38am On Dec 26, 2006
What will happen is that either he'll spend his eternity in Hell and I'll spend the rest of my life in Jail [/b]or vice versa 'cause the [b]outcome of the breaking news will be very brutal!
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Jidus(m): 1:48am On Dec 26, 2006
Pray that someone comes to give you a resounding slap so that you will wake up to discover it was just a terrible dream. wink
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by diddy4(m): 1:50am On Dec 26, 2006
always have a back-up plan. get a phone call from her and tell everyone she was involved in an accident and the wedding is off forever cuzz u aint marrying anyone that is crippled.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Jidus(m): 2:30am On Dec 26, 2006
Didy, that's not fair
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by diddy4(m): 2:32am On Dec 26, 2006
she wasn't being fair when she tot of jilting me. was she?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Sayoh: 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2006
Reminds me of a true story i hrd once. Bride n Groom are at the alter about to exchange their vows when d bride suddenly bursts out tellin d whole congregation that her parents stagemanaged the weddin n that she doesnt love the man,she then threw her veil away n walked out.The real drama was that the groom asked if anyone in the congregation was interested in marrying him n a lady stepged up n the ceremony continued
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Radiant(f): 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2006
Lmao. . . that was a good joke
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:41am On Dec 27, 2006
@sayoh
lol,what a joke grin

@topic
i don't even dream or think about such thing. sad
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Sayoh: 2:50am On Dec 30, 2006
@Radiant-yep thx @Thonia thx too though i heard it was true story sha
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by chistiana(f): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2006
embarassed cry cry cry cry cry God i cant take that, cause he just embarrased me and shows me how stupid i am to stay during our courtship,

for real i will shed the tears swear falsefullt to God, then pick up my peices of heart that as been scattered all over the alter, i believe he is not the man meant for me, then Thank god this happened earlier.

but all the same, swear he will never get the woman of his own, for using and dumping me at the alter.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by lizzy93(f): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2007
GEEZ, if i was jilted at the altar wat wud i do? well 0nce i get d news 4sure i'll be embarrased n broken-hearted but ill just leave d church n go home, wen i get home i'll remove my wedding gown n tear d hell out of it den i'll lock my door sit down on my bed n begin to cry, i'll make sure i cry out blood den i'll fall asleep, wen i wake up d nxt mornin n i remember wat happened i'll to cry again but men life has to go on.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by OgaMadam(f): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2007
Have you seen "the wedding singer" with adam sandler. Similar thing.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2007
i rebuke it in jesus name, it will never happen to me or my family
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by okwanuzo3(f): 3:09am On Jan 11, 2007
eat my cake alone grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Brymore(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2007
How did I allow it get to that stage? I should know from the courtship period that the person has such erratic potentialities so we just will not get there. But then if it happens (we all pray to God that it won't), I'll pick up my pieces and move on with Life. Can't kill myself because of one undecided being.

#Candid Submission#
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by angelchi(f): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2007
Its hurts yes, bt life goes on
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by Ambber(f): 11:07am On Mar 29, 2007
Do exactly what Dakore Egbuson did in a film that had similar plot.she was stranded at the altar, cant remember the name of the film, but twas good to watch unlike most nollywood films
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by tega78(f): 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2007
I will hunt down the mo-fo and make him pay!!!

grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by adeboo(f): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2007
What would i do?

i would get on with life as you should.

Keep all the presents, tell the guests they may as well eat the food cause it would waste.
Go on the honeymoon alone if i cant get ma money back - maybe go with a friend.

Then put maself back on the 'single and available' list for sure
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by jbuoy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2007
the first thing i wuld do is to kneel down and thank my God because u can't tell what He had just saved me from, after that i wuld pick the mic and give a very lovely joke to get off the embaramnt, then life goes on, the next girl must be a very very lucky girl that such a thing happened.

and wat wuld be ur first impression if u were at the altar with ur partner to be,then the Reverend asks if anyone had any thing to say against the wedding and then someone puts up his hand in the congregation? but wat comes out of his mouth wen given the mic is "Reverend i no hear u well so i been want make u come again"
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Jilted At The Altar? by mohawkchic(f): 4:07am On Apr 17, 2007
~ shocked I'd roar like a wounded lion in pain, after the initial shock,with rage i'll tell everyone "some one tell that SOB hes got another thing comin if he thinks am going to be miserable on my supposed wedding day!!!" to save face,though i doubt anything can help save face from such embarrassment,gasps,looks of pity,concern, smirk, mixed emotions,i'd like to think,i'd want to walk out of that church with my head held high,blinded by tears flowing  cry it will be the only thing he hasnt stripped off me, i'll find the nearest pub,get a bottle of jack D.straight up,i'd throw back a couple,hang on more than a couple of shots at the back of me throat,i'll get bladdered,eventually someone will get me home ,where i'd attempt to sleep it off,the Jack D should have taken it effect,i bet i wudnt want to get out of bed,but trusted/concerned family,friends will be there to help me pull through my self pity,i wudnt want to know why he did it,his name will be erased from my lips,he'll be considered dead,gooone,if i had any faith left,i'd fast and pray for God to heal me,they say time is a great healer,i'd like to think i'd be scared,have trust issues,phew,i'd make me beleive it wasnt meant to happen undecided

~The first steps i'll take to pick the pieces up in my life will be to move away,as i wudnt want the pity looks or stigma to affect gettin on w/my life!!!

~Realisticly though,there's no tellin how one would behave under such circumstances!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Express Your Love To A Woman? / Bulge & Ladies / Igbo girls too like money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.