Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,823 members, 7,828,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty (11901 Views)

The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. / #COVID_19 A Time Like This Our Counstitution Is Silent! What Happened? When.... / Reason Why Nigeria Should Divide: Taking Nairaland Forum As A Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2021
Owologbo:

you be correct G jare.
Some people will just be spewing gibberish as na by noice to become a country.
If the so Biafra people want to attach themselves to SS, we have to negotiate our relationship/position be we can be one.
They think is by making noice like: what is SS, Niger Delta, can they govern themselves?
Very irritating and foolish questions..

There is nothing to gain from the "Biafrans" they are mostly bigots seeing our lands and ressources as their potential loot.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Ekealterego: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Tah. The only thing the colonialists quoted Benin for was their affinity to making human sacrifices. Even when the Brits invaded Benin, the entire palace was littered with human sacrifices and it had a putrid stench.
Well, they used to stench as the only self-defence, If not for the stench of the city, the British would have destroyed them in a few hours during the British expedition. The few British soldiers had to wait to get used to the stench. It took Biafra less than a day to take over the whole of Edo state and even installed a president and flag.
The reality of being a 1 by 2 LGA that can be recolonised in a few hours gives them nightmares.

The truthshots guy is a confirmed emotional Bini guy with a complex.
He had a debate with a small Yoruba girl and was terribly disgraced with facts.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Sufferingboy(f): 7:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
Owologbo:

you be correct G jare.
Some people will just be spewing gibberish as na by noice to become a country.
If the so Biafra people want to attach themselves to SS, we have to negotiate our relationship/position be we can be one.
They think is by making noice like: what is SS, Niger Delta, can they govern themselves?
Very irritating and foolish questions..
Thanks my boss.
When online ranting becomes too much,it becomes foolishness.They fail to understand that.Yes in south south sometimes there may be tribal wars,but once we hear Niger delta,there is this unity among all the tribes.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Sufferingboy(f): 7:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

There is nothing to gain from the "Biafrans" they are mostly bigots seeing our lands and ressources as their potential loot.
You are right bros.
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ekealterego:
It took Biafra less than a day to take over the whole of Edo state and even installed a president and flag.

Actually there was no such thing as Edo state back then, what we had was called the Midwestern region of which today's Edo-State and Delta state are subteritory.

Also, you are boasting for the fact that your armed and trained Biafran soldiers overpowered unarmed and untrained peaceful civilians. I don't get it, is this your war exploit ? In case you forgot, the Benin army was disbanded after the war against Britain.
Your Biafran soldiers were fighting against Nigerian army, not Benin army !

As for your attempt at vexation, I couldn't even care less.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Ekealterego: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

Once again Anioma are not Igbo !
The fact you even ask this your question shows how little you actually know.

The only people on that list whom are not Edo proper are the ijo.

This makes me think you might be a teenager or a very dull adult.

What did you think "Edo" stands for in Omo n'Oba n'Edo ?
@AdakaBoro8, Why is this guy claiming that Ijos are not native to Edo.. He is reinforcing the mindset of many Edo people that Ijaws are rather visitors in Edo state...
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by dared0637: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

I've been following this thread and decided to silently observe, but as an Anioma man from Ibusa, it's time I address your madness once and for all. You claimed to be from Anioma, what community in Anioma are you from?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Ekealterego: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

Actually there was no such thing as Edo state back then, what we had was called the Midwestern region of which today's Edo-State and Delta state are subteritory.

Also, you are boasting for the fact that your armed and trained Biafran soldiers overpowered unarmed and untrained peaceful civilians. I don't get it, is this your war exploit ? In case you forgot, the Benin army was disbanded after the war against Britain.
Your Biafran soldiers were fighting against Nigerian army, not Benin army !
Point of correction. The dominion of the British against Bini in 1897 was so brief it was not called a war, it was called the Benin Expedition. The one called a proper war was the Anglo-Aro wars against the Arochukwu people which took almost a year against the relatively small Aro confederacy. aro8und 1901 to 1902.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ekealterego:

@AdakaBoro8, Why is this guy claiming that Ijos are not native to Edo.. He is reinforcing the mindset of many Edo people that Ijaws are rather visitors in Edo state...

1) I didn't say that, I said they were not Edo proper.
2) Edo is an ethnicity, not a land. You are confusing with Edo-State which is a land.
3) Ijo are quasi nomadic, but it is none of your business, I will discuss that with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Ekealterego: 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
dared0637:

I've been following this thread and decided to silently observe, but as an Anioma man from Ibusa, it's time I address your madness once and for all. You claimed to be from Anioma, what community in Anioma are you from?
He is not an Anioma, I had a debate with him yesterday, he is an Edo man. He is just a lying fella.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Ekealterego: 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

1) I didn't say that, I said they were not Edo proper.
2) Edo is an ethnicity, not a land. You are confusing with Edo-State which is a land.
3) Ijo are quasi nomadic, but it is none of your business, I will discuss that with them.
Are Ijaws not native and aborigines of Edo state?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ekealterego:

Point of correction. The dominion of the British against Bini in 1897 was so brief it was not called a war, it was called the Benin Expedition. The one called a proper war was the Anglo-Aro wars against the Arochukwu people which took almost a year against the relatively small Aro confederacy. aro8und 1901 to 1902.

Why do you guys keep trying to drag me into a dick measuring contest ?

How should I tell you I don't give a shit ?
You are free to keep inventing your revisionist history and taking things out of context to suit your agenda.
I will only answer with logics: the war Britain fought against Benin was called: Benin expedition, the name was given to it even before the invasion started.
Also Benin was the military superpower of the region, make of that what you may.
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
dared0637:

My great grand father is chief Agho Obaseki.
The mad one amongst us is you my friend.
The governor is my uncle. (My mother's cousin)
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by dared0637: 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

My great grand father is chief Agho Obaseki.
The mad one amongst us is you my friend.
The governor is my uncle. (My mother's cousin)
I asked a simple question, what community in Anioma are you from... I'm not interested in whom your great grandfather is.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Ekealterego: 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

Why do you guys keep trying to drag me into a dick measuring contest ?

How should I tell you I don't give a shit ?
You are free to keep inventing your revisionist history and taking things out of context to suit your agenda.
I will only answer with logics: the war Britain fought against Benin was called: Benin expedition, the name was given to it even before the invasion started.
Also, Benin was the military superpower of the region, make of that what you may.
Abeg! The only defence you had was stinking up the place with corpses. It was women and children who had to fight the war for you. Boy, this is public knowledge. We do not say this because many people actually had pity on what happened and did not see it appropriate but the way you guys are going around claiming and trying to fight Yorubas and Igbos, you guys will be put in your place and reminded of how powerless you actually are in the scheme of things.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by SlayerForever: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
[s]
NigerDeltaRep:
yeah... Since you are strong rich and brave, why don't you stand on your own? Who told you the igbos won't marginalize you??...
Did you know ojukwu was the to first oder the arrest of Issac boro (the man in the picture) an ijaw man? Do you know how much ojukwu hated the minorities because he knew they'd prefer to be their own... Biafra belongs to the igbos.... Tag along at your peril...
After fighting what else?.... Bro I wish you understand what you are saying...
[/s]

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
dared0637:

I asked a simple question, what community in Anioma are you from... I'm not interested in whom your great grandfather is.
Anioma is a people, not a land.
And look, I don't get a salary from you, I don't have to answer your question, I do so out of my own free will.
I gave the identity of my ancestor whom is a well known Anioma.
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by SlayerForever: 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:
Igbos are already creating fake account impersonating other tribes,why do igbo guys,like force attachment?
Well Igbos never learn,they are always arrogant until you clip their wings,they will start shouting and crying.

Who clip our wings?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ekealterego:

you guys will be put in your place and reminded of how powerless you actually are in the scheme of things.
To the best of my recollection, the people who were put in their place during the last war were you guys, and your asses were very hurt. Perhaps you shut your mouth now, before you take an other ass kicking
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
@dared0637

You came on this forum calling me a mad person and you are the same person calling for Genocide. So who amongst us is actually mad ?
I think you are.

Also, your lack of argument and sense has of course pushed you into becoming an emotional and murderous baboon. You need to learn how to use your brain. You are not fit for adulthood, you remain a toddler.

You guys need to understand that threats of violence doesn't make a better argument.

And look, my Anioma people are part of the greater Edo people and always will be. You southeasterners trying to cause trouble in the southsouth, your wishes will never be granted. The trouble will always be in the southeast.

Notice how I don't call for genocide on anybody. Because I am an adult with a well functioning brain, not a mentally disabled baboon.

Also given that you confuse the Anioma people with a peace of land, it is clear that you are one of those people in the southeast who just want our land and ressources. So good bye barbaric murderer wannabe, perhaps one day you will manage to scare a few 5 year olds.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by SlayerForever: 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
[s]
Truthshots:

Anioma is a people, not a land.
And look, I don't get a salary from you, I don't have to answer your question, I do so out of my own free will.
I gave the identity of my ancestor whom is a well known Anioma.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by FirstSon01: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
Viewed through every comment on this thread and I can factually say why Nigeria will remain one (at least for a very long time) or if the south breaks up from the north there will still be war. Quite unfortunately the war will be over unnecessary events that occured during the time of our ancestors but generations later we won't let those issues go.

Even if we break up into smaller countries we'll still face same issues as I've seen some Igbos call the Ijaw an inconsequential minority and as such not useful which is the same thing they complain of the Hausas, Fulanis and Yorubas while the Ijaws also call other tribes like the Binis, Esans, Ikars and all minority tribes which is a clear indication that if there was to be no Nigeria there won't have been any civilization in any of our tribes as we would have been war torn like other tribes of eastern Africa.

we could do better, really.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
FirstSon01:
Viewed through every comment on this thread and I can factually say why Nigeria will remain one (at least for a very long time) or if the south breaks up from the north there will still be war. Quite unfortunately the war will be over unnecessary events that occured during the time of our ancestors but generations later we won't let those issues go.

Even if we break up into smaller countries we'll still face same issues as I've seen some Igbos call the Ijaw an inconsequential minority and as such not useful which is the same thing they complain of the Hausas, Fulanis and Yorubas while the Ijaws also call other tribes like the Binis, Esans, Ikars and all minority tribes which is a clear indication that if there was to be no Nigeria there won't have been any civilization in any of our tribes as we would have been war torn like other tribes of eastern Africa.

we could do better, really.

What you forget is that there was a country before Nigeria, it was called Benin empire.
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by ggood: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

I said it,you Igbos should learn to condemn what is bad.Stop playing tribalism,If an igbo man does or say something bad and you say it,his tribe men will start ranting to cover up for him.
Igbos are just another version of fulanis.
Very true there are tribalistic , I hate them even if am from South South , I prefer Hausa man to Igbo man
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by FirstSon01: 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:

What you forget is that there was a country before Nigeria, it was called Benin empire.

this is what I'm saying, you're not letting the past go, you're trying to force almost all ethnicities in the SS into Edo cause of a bini country that existed in the past just like Nigeria would if we disintegrated.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:

Here's where you insulted me but I see no need in reporting you. I guess you couldn't bear such from another person whom you were actually trespassing on their lands.

1) I called you a fool, I didn't call for a genocide !
2) Calling for genocide is actually an international crime, that is what your friend did and that is why I reported him.
3) I am Anioma and he is not Anioma, he is from the southeast and he is the person trying to trespass and call for genocide.
4) I didn't mean fool as an insult but rather as an observation, a fool is someone who acts foolishly, that is what you did.
Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truthshots:
@dared0637

You came on this forum calling me a mad person and you are the same person calling for Genocide. So who amongst us is actually mad ?
I think you are.

Also, your lack of argument and sense has of course pushed you into becoming an emotional and murderous baboon. You need to learn how to use your brain. You are not fit for adulthood, you remain a toddler.

You guys need to understand that threats of violence doesn't make a better argument.

And look, my Anioma people are part of the greater Edo people and always will be. You southeasterners trying to cause trouble in the southsouth, your wishes will never be granted. The trouble will always be in the southeast.

Notice how I don't call for genocide on anybody. Because I am an adult with a well functioning brain, not a mentally disabled baboon.

Also given that you confuse the Anioma people with a peace of land, it is clear that you are one of those people in the southeast who just want our land and ressources. So good bye barbaric murderer wannabe, perhaps one day you will manage to scare a few 5 year olds.

U were asked a simple question. What community in Anioma are you from? He even stated his community as Ibusa but the coward that you are resulted to typing jargons.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
FirstSon01:

this is what I'm saying, you're not letting the past go, you're trying to force almost all ethnicities in the SS into Edo cause of a bini country that existed in the past just like Nigeria would if we disintegrated.

No, the fact is you don't understand what I am saying even though this is not rocket science.

I am discussing facts. And history is relevant to these facts.

Benin empire was not a "Bini country", it was a large country with a central leader called the Oba of Benin, it's people are called Edo and in the context of Nigeria, nobody fits the description of ethnic group more than the Edo.

Re: Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty by Sufferingboy(f): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
ggood:
Very true there are tribalistic , I hate them even if am from South South , I prefer Hausa man to Igbo man
Thank you sir,I don't hate them but they should learn to condemn what is bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Insecurity: Tinubu Is Alive To His Responsibilities - APC Tells Amnesty / 'boko Haram Didn't Kill 150 In Yobe' - Army Releases Statement / COVID-19: Adams Oshiomole Sends Thank You Message To Front-Line Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.