Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady (46125 Views)

"I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by hush15: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2021
wwwihy:
#Copied

My salary came yesterday and immediately I received alert, I rushed to my husband and asked him how much he needs me to contribute after informing him that my salary has been paid. Oga thought I was joking and mentioned a figure thinking I was going to contest because it was

Almost all my salary, I just carried my phone and transferred it to him. It was doing him like film, I then went ahead to pay the salary of our children's lesson teacher so that he would stop thinking about it. That's when I realized that he was doing so much without complaining.

He sees it like his duty and even when the financial burden is too much, he struggles to pay without asking me. He was so surprised and happy, I know that my money is just a fraction of what he brings but he felt like I gave him millions. I then told him that I am putting in the effort to make more money so that I can still reduce his stress. He didn't marry a responsibility, he married an helper and he should be feeling more relaxed than when he was single. I have never felt entitled to anybody's pocket and I won't do that with my husband. Omo, oga went to the market without even telling me, stocked up the home. Cooked and served me o, this small support has gone a long way to settle silent quarrels that I didn't even know about. I will keep working harder and doing my best, men also need support, they are not superman.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jagzangel/status/1377989341801250816

Before I read any comment, lemme pray for you.

God bless you and continually be your help in times of need. Your home and your works will not scatter but continue to yeild bountiful harvest for you. Yes, you are a wise woman and your praises will keep coming in and the blessings thereof, like the stars in the sky. In Jesus Name.

Yes, lemme now move to the comments.

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by cococandy(f): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Don't get me wrong, I never said women of these generation don't help their husbands, only few help which was actually what I was implying. except those that believe that a man should be the one to provide for them always, they will rather spend their money on frivolities than supporting their husbands, though not all women are that heartless, we still have wonderful women out there too that are very supportive.

happy Easter.
happy Easter

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by rotadeco27: 11:21am On Apr 04, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Alot of people think that the way to a man's heart is through "Food", Men nowadays know how to cook so well that they're ready to put a "Strong Challenge" when it comes to kitchen matters.

But there's another way to a Man's Heart that's been Neglected for ages.
Another way to a Man's Heart is by being a "Pillar Of Support" to that man.

I can assure you that a Man never forgets who Supported him when he needed it the most and I say this without Remorse.
U got me to check ur profile ,beautiful in and out . please just do the talk , ur home will be a glorious one
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by FashionCookie(f): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2021
JidennaJason:
You will see most of them risking their lives sitting at the back of a pegueot pickup loaded with garri and other goods, while their men sit at home with a bottle of seaman schnapp to argue politics and reduce bride price to afford more wives.

I know them.

U don see where these women for dey mix and carry concrete? May God crown their efforts with success...

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 04, 2021
FashionCookie:

U don see where these women for dey mix and carry concrete? May God crown their efforts with success...
They even have an association close to where I live... It's really sad and disturbing seeing them work their ass off for some ungrateful Ogogoro lawmakers husband.

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Buchman1(m): 11:34am On Apr 04, 2021
wwwihy:
#Copied

My salary came yesterday and immediately I received alert, I rushed to my husband and asked him how much he needs me to contribute after informing him that my salary has been paid. Oga thought I was joking and mentioned a figure thinking I was going to contest because it was

Almost all my salary, I just carried my phone and transferred it to him. It was doing him like film, I then went ahead to pay the salary of our children's lesson teacher so that he would stop thinking about it. That's when I realized that he was doing so much without complaining.

He sees it like his duty and even when the financial burden is too much, he struggles to pay without asking me. He was so surprised and happy, I know that my money is just a fraction of what he brings but he felt like I gave him millions. I then told him that I am putting in the effort to make more money so that I can still reduce his stress. He didn't marry a responsibility, he married an helper and he should be feeling more relaxed than when he was single. I have never felt entitled to anybody's pocket and I won't do that with my husband. Omo, oga went to the market without even telling me, stocked up the home. Cooked and served me o, this small support has gone a long way to settle silent quarrels that I didn't even know about. I will keep working harder and doing my best, men also need support, they are not superman.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jagzangel/status/1377989341801250816

My wife does this every month, no biggie
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Lilfire(m): 11:35am On Apr 04, 2021
I literally trained my wife in the university, she is lost her dad and mom in the space of two years, she started her NYSC of which I paid for everything including the runs on where her PPA would be, This is her fourth months in service, and the has only bought me a card of 1k, why am I writing these, when I saw This post I was move to my bones, I don't earn much, yet her junior brother is also in the university, the other two junior once are in my house, one just finished writing her SSEC of which I have to take him to a miracle center, she told to me my face that I have no right over her money �, a was cool with that, recently they just paid her, she called me to tell me how she planned to spend her money, and not a dime goes into the family expenditure, when I complained it becomes an offence, am so tired with the whole thing, my problem is that she is not seeing how am suffering to make ends meet, I feel like running away from home right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2021
Lilfire:
I literally trained my wife in the university, she is lost her dad and mom in the space of two years, she started her NYSC of which I paid for everything including the runs on where her PPA would be, This is her fourth months in service, and the has only bought me a card of 1k, why am I writing these, when I saw This post I was move to my bones, I don't earn much, yet her junior brother is also in the university, the other two junior once are in my house, one just finished writing her SSEC of which I have to take him to a miracle center, she told to me my face that I have no right over her money �, a was cool with that, recently they just paid her, she called me to tell me how she planned to spend her money, and not a dime goes into the family expenditure, when I complained it becomes an offence, am so tired with the whole thing, my problem is that she is not seeing how am suffering to make ends meet, I feel like running away from home right now.
One of the many disadvantages of marrying someone out of PITY.... You'll get disappointed at the long run.

My brother, you've tried, and I will commend you for coming out to speak up.

Never you displease yourself to please anyone in this life, if your wife cannot contribute to the well being of the family and also help to ease the financial burden rested on your young shoulders, I will advise you cut all her expenses and use it to invest in something that would rake in some cash for you and your kids.

Cc; Kriss216, Ikillbrokehoes, please help this brother with your advice.

7 Likes

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by wwwihy: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2021
Lilfire:

That is very tough.... you two should sit down and talk ....she should bear some burdens

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by FashionCookie(f): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=JidennaJason post=100475044] They even have an association close to where I live... It's really sad and disturbing seeing them work their ass off for some ungrateful Ogogoro lawmakers husband.[/quotz

It's well...that's why it's good to take care of our parents always especially in their old age. Mama go labour like that finish and pikin go decide to join confra last last. If anything happens, it touches our mother's most. May God continue to bless all hardworking parents. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by toxtimmy: 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
Yes I barb my hair and also cut my nails when dey grow to extent where I no personally fancy.... Our great grand father's did barb their hair before oyinbo man came and enslaved them.

Damn I love traditional cloths... I love international cloths too... Just like I appreciate a car instead of trekking...the world does not exist in a vacuum... Western medicine too is appreciated by me as well... I rather jog with Nike's and comfortable joggers instead of wrapper and bare fit... Question. Should be why can't we as a people innovate and design and create our own local products to compete with international brand?...

If I write in my language will you understand?... How many tribes or ethnicity in Nigeria again?... I no Sabi speak Spanish, Italian, Hausa, Igbo, Tiv, Japanese or deutch... I Sabi English and do you know why Nigerians speak and write English?.. physical and mental colonization, loss of identity after colonization.. to make you happy let everyone in Nigeria speak and write their language and be offered services in their language only in Nigeria... You happy? By the way pidgin English is oyinbo language ... Now you know why oyinbo lump all of us in one country?... let me answer as it is all about colonization or slavery 101.

Even in your Nigerian school's for children they don't teach them Nigerian history but oyinbo history...all they way to universities even the PhD students ... We are slaves both physical, spiritual and subconsciouly to oyinbo... We are brainwashed and willful and joyful participants in advanced slavery that's still going on now in Nigeria by oyinbo people..

Computers, car, own, table, shoe etc anything to aid human advancement is welcomed and I encourage all to use of they have access to it... After all calculus or great engineering did not start from oyinbo land but Arab land... Oyinbo borrowed and advanced it to the extent they have gone to the moon and sent crafts to mars... So if you like stay in you hut house made of mud or in a house with solid engineering structure and air-condition which are your choice.

Now to conclude it's only in this part of the world you see people bleaching their skin to look like oyinbo... It's only in this part of the world or people/women wear fake hair to look like oyinbo...some men even relax their hair to look like oyinbo... Even being gay these days to be oyinbo... I'm yet to see oyinbo person wear fake hair to look like African... Your lack of comprehension skills made you miss the boat that we are confused as a people with lack of identity so it does not matter who is in power in Nigeria male or female... We are doomed because we don't even know why we are people of this land in the first place... We should accept our culture and glow in it instead of trying to be somebody else.

By the way (culture/identity) and (technology/engineering/innovation/science) are two different things... Don't confuse them to be the same thing ever again else you self expose yourself.

9jaRealist:

Do you barb your own hair? Why not leave it the way it was created?
Hopefully, you don’t wear Western clothes, like suits or blue jeans or Oyibo shoes.

It’s bad enough you write in English like “Oyibo” instead of using your native language...
Let’s not even mention abandoning our traditional talking drums to use Oyibo computers and Internet.

Crude misogyny like yours would be dismissed as tragic comedy if it wasn’t a symptom of the sort of toxic insecurity that leads to abuse. SMH
>

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Kriss216: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
JidennaJason:
One of the many disadvantages of marrying someone out of PITY.... You'll get disappointed at the long run.

My brother, you've tried, and I will commend you for coming out to speak up.

Never you displease yourself to please anyone in this life, if your wife cannot contribute to the well being of the family and also help to ease the financial burden rested on your young shoulders, I will advise you cut all her expenses and use it to invest in something that would rake in some cash for you and your kids.

Cc; Kriss216, Ikillbrokehoes, please help this brother with your advice.
@Lilfire.
Treat her same way she treats you. Stop crossing express for someone that can't cross a gutter for you.

Your kids should be your priority not her and also limit her siblings from visiting your home. The money you spent on her siblings would have been enough to open a poultry business. Stop every nonsense familiarity with her siblings!

Every abokii to his own kettle. When the music changes, the dance step also change.

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kriss216:

@Lilfire.
Treat her same way she treats you. Stop crossing express for someone that can't cross a gutter for you.

Your kids should be your priority not her and also limit her siblings from visiting your home. The money you spent on her siblings would have been enough to open a poultry business. Stop every nonsense familiarity with her siblings!

Every abokii to his own kettle. When the music changes, the dance step also change.
We really think alike most times and I appreciate this brilliant idea you've given to our brother.

I think he should open a thread for a wider audience and more contributions.

God bless you Kriss216.

2 Likes

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Ladycewhy(f): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
This could have been me ,but Nigerian men I know will likely use the opportunity to get another woman pregnant outside.
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by claremont(m): 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
OscarJaden:
A relationship should be 'I water you,you water me,we grow together

Not I water you,I water you,I still dey water you

grin
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Liposure: 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ladycewhy:
This could have been me ,but Nigerian men I know will likely use the opportunity to get another woman pregnant outside.
All men are not the same. There are still good men out there. Jesus said seek and you shall find. Happy easter.
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Ladycewhy(f): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
Liposure:
All men are not the same. There are still good men out there. Jesus said seek and you shall find. Happy easter.
But then you know my point is very valid. My eyes have seen my ears with Nigerian men. The responsible men who will not take a woman for granted for being his backbone and support till death do them part is in limited supply.

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by drlateef: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
wumi2017:
Amazing and Rare,, that's how it should be.i mean our Kings are trying so hard...... grin grin ;Dthat's one of us association of good women of Nigeria ibadan Chapter grin grin....May God bless me beyond my expectations to be this type of woman when am married....... anyways get ur quality and affordable shoes from Wunmi's Collection

If you will be like her let’s talk.
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Gagare1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2021
A rare gem indeed. Disappointing my wife is something never in my dictionary.
Ikillbrokehoes:
You found a good and respectable woman for yourself, please don't disappoint her.

2 Likes

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Emperorlanky: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
dollytino4real:
u do dis kind thing 4 my husband, one year he will not go work again!! I buys things 4 house but is capital letter NO 4 me to give him cash at hand, far-far-foul

Where you see that kind man marry?
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Emperorlanky: 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
StacyO:
I would do same without screaming it on SM though.

Have you?
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Queenslander:
[s] at Least I do have a formal education, you have absolutely none,. You this HIV positive jobless broke old fool.. don't forget zlatansomto is still waiting for you.. you weak being.. who only has power for women.. when you see women all your power will come out, but when your fellow men get involved now.. you run and cry to the mods to rescue you.. bastard!![/s]
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Liposure: 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ladycewhy:
But then you know my point is very valid. My eyes have seen my ears with Nigerian men. The responsible men who will not take a woman for granted for being his backbone and support till death do them part is in limited supply.

Even the so called responsible men you rate have flaws in them. No man is entirely perfect. There's always going to be a minus. We can only wish for the best as intending bachelors and spinsters.
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2021
Gagare1:
A rare gem indeed. Disappointing my wife is something never in my dictionary.
You are very lucky just like me, don't mind those broke girls quoting you, they are all pained. grin

1 Like

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Emperorlanky: 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2021
pozehnani:
When you love someone, you can give him your all. So no be big deal madam.
Besides you didn't dash him the money to trip himself out. It's still for the upkeep of the house which you also benefitted from.

Not a big deal? Try it before you judge.
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by francotunsco: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
An example of the woman detailed in Proverbs 31.
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Infoay: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=wwwihy post=100443663]#Copied

I stand up for you ma!
It takes two to tango.
Where are the entitlement ones please?
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Emperorlanky: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
cococandy:
No news here because Nigerian wives and moms have been financial pillars in their homes as far as I know. Many many homes would have crumbled by now if not for their working, trading, teaching and hustling wives/moms. It’s a reality in our face everyday. People just like to come on the internet and be weird like they don’t see it.

If you know your mom has supported your family financially and you come on this thread to act surprised that a Nigerian woman is helping her husband with money, I’m disappointed in you on behalf of your mom. Yes, She told me to tell you.

Our mothers were no feminists like you lots.

2 Likes

Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by Gagare1(m): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
Firstly, I earn three and a halve times what my wife earns and 100% of that goes to foot our bills. Her contribution only helps to cover areas my salary couldn't.
Secondly, I said she contributes 100% of her salary and not that she foot 100% of our bills. Read my comment again, slowly.
JovialJune:

Good for you, so do you share house chores 80-20%? 80% being from you since she contributes 100 finance?
Re: I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady by pixey(m): 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
OscarJaden:
A relationship should be 'I water you,you water me,we grow together

Not I water you,I water you,I still dey water you
It is that simple no complications and drama.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Thelma Chiaka Gave Birth To Sextuplets In Texas (Photos) / Pretty Ladies Can You Do This? Lovely Wedding Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.