Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go (6648 Views)

Strictly Girls: What Makes You Older And Unattractive (pics) / My Husband Is Cheating, He Doesnt Know I Already Have Masters In Cheating / After Serving Pre-wedding Pictures For 3yrs, Man Set To Marry His Fiancee (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Michelle55: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
Kondomatic:
Exactly

And prison is just a room
I have no idea what you are talking about lipsrsealed
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Akuruoulo(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
Michelle55:
Age is just a number.. The earlier some people realize this the better for everyone.
WOMEN MADE AGE AN ISSUE. WHEN A 21YRS BOY ASK A 26YRS GIRL OUT NA SO SHE GO LOOK AM LIKE SMALL BOY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by pocohantas(f): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
Some men love them younger,
Some love them older,
Some love their age mates.

It is all choice that should be respected. After all, he didn’t put you down for being older, you are just not his spec. You can try to make him understand that you understand why he feels that way. If that doesn’t work, simply move on, you’ll be fine last last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by flokii: 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
Eyah.. hanty is in luff grin
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by EmGeee(f): 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
[quote author=Akuruoulo post=100460945] WOMEN MADE AGE AN ISSUE. WHEN A 21YRS BOY ASK A 26YRS GIRL OUT NA SO SHE GO LOOK AM LIKE SMALL BOY.[/quoI

I am a culprit... this case just took me unawares
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Akuruoulo(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
[quote author=EmGeee post=100461052][/quote] Thank GOD U SAID THE TRUTH. THOSE TIMES U LADIES FEEL ITS AN ISSUE BT LATER WILL KNW THAT AGE ISN'T AN ISS. U ARE UP TO 29 RIGHT ?
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by EmGeee(f): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
Akuruoulo:
Thank GOD U SAID THE TRUTH. THOSE TIMES U LADIES FEEL ITS AN ISSUE BT LATER WILL KNW THAT AGE ISN'T AN ISS. U ARE UP TO 29 RIGHT ?

It isn't about that... he just didn't look in any way younger, and is self-disciplined as unusual... that's how we got here
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by EmGeee(f): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
BluDesk:

Stop crying more than the bereaved. Na wetin

No one is bereaved here... or are you?
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Akuruoulo(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
EmGeee:

It isn't about that... he just didn't look in any way younger, that's how we got here
Tot u should understand why i askd the question. There is this lady i meet on 2go years back who is 6years older than i am. She treatd me very nice then, and never considered the age difference even while i was a teenager. Tho we haven't spoken for years, bt all i think nw is of her and thanks goodness she is still single. Anytime i got what i want be it this year or next year i am going for her hand in mariage. Age dnt count on my side
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Myer(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
doggedfighter:
I can sense you feel bad about what should have been.

And that's understandable.

By this you want to find closure which is also good.

But sometimes we don't find closure in all the cases.

Many guys around here can't handle the age thing and life has brought one of such your way.

Now it's not just about if he's interested in you, it's also if he's right for you.

His not being able to take or handle the age thing shows he's not right for you.

People easily say move on , but I am never quick to that because it's not as simple as it sounds.

Just know that your love will find you soon.

You owe him no explanation, sweetie.

Does age not matter to you?
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
Kikiki. The hustle is real. When they tell you vagina people not to be doing shakara, you will not listen. This aunty is now dating a boy 3yrs younger than her, very soon she will start dating much younger boys. A 30yr old woman is already a milf while me still dey game. Shebi the future is still female. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by 1F30M4(f): 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2021
Hmm I don't really see any issue here.. Do you intend to severe ties with him permanently? Cos I just feel he randomly calls you just to check up on you, platonic level..

I get that so many people are not cool with being just friends with someone they wanna be more than friends with, yeah it's like emotional torture to some.. If that's how it is for you which I guess it is, you can just tell him that "you can't really deal with him constantly checking up on you, things have obviously gotten really awkward between you too ever since y'all found out about the age gap, you can already tell it won't work out for y'all in the long run so this is you subtly telling him that it's totally okay, there's no bad blood whatsoever but for the respect you both have for each other, you feel these things ought to be clarified sooner than later so you both don't keep stalling"

You could talk to him over the phone or chat him up, if you can't deal with meeting him in person.. Meeting him in person will actually make things more complicated and super a w k w a r d, you should either call orrr better still chat him up if his voice is something that really gets you giddy.. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Tats(m): 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
[quote author=Bornsinner7 post=100458716]You don't have to make him understand that he did not do you wrong..

But if you insist take him to a spot buy him a bottle of hero and one big chicken.. then explain to him that you understand why he chickened out[/quote]

Explain to your hero that you understand why he chickened out, you mean grin
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by EmGeee(f): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
1F30M4:
Hmm I don't really see any issue here.. Do you intend to severe ties with him permanently? Cos I just feel he randomly calls you just to check up on you, platonic level..

I get that so many people are not cool with being just friends with someone they wanna be more than friends with, yeah it's like emotional torture to some.. If that's how it is for you which I guess it is, you can just tell him that "you can't really deal with him constantly checking up on you, things have obviously gotten really awkward between you too ever since y'all found out about the age gap, you can already tell it won't work out for y'all in the long run so this is you subtly telling him that it's totally okay, there's no bad blood whatsoever but for the respect you both have for each other, you feel these things ought to be clarified sooner than later so you both don't keep stalling"

You could talk to him over phone or chat him up, if you can't deal with meeting him in person.. Meeting him in person will actually make things more complicated and super a w k w a r d, you should either call orrr better still chat him up if his voice is something that really gets you giddy.. I hope this helps.

Thanks... not necessarily severing ties, just so he doesn't feel committed to me. It's been on his own terms ever since, he calls when he wants and comes around when he feels like. I already let go and stopped calling him, last time he called after a week distance, I told him I traveled to Villa he said I didn't tell him I didn't reply he kept repeating it (in my mind I was like 'what d'y care) just want us to respect each other

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by dochenaj: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
And this is why ladies are averse to initiating a romantic relationship with someone older than them. And I bet after this experience op will never date than younger than her to protect herself from heartbreak.

Anyway the guy may be withdrawn for other reasons other than your age. Tell him you have noticed a change in his behavior and ask him if there is anything wrong.
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by EmGeee(f): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
dochenaj:
And this is why ladies are averse to initiating a romantic relationship with someone older than them. And I bet after this experience op will never date than younger than her to protect herself from heartbreak.

Anyway the guy may be withdrawn for other reasons other than your age. Tell him you have noticed a change in his behavior and ask him if there is anything wrong.

I have done this before now... I told him I feel a kind of disregard with his behavior lately. He assured he never meant any such and wouldn't repeat any such insinuations. But I am not blind, at least I know the difference between our rapport before and after the age issue came up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by 1F30M4(f): 9:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
EmGeee:

Thanks... not necessarily severing ties, just so he doesn't feel committed to me. It's been on his own terms ever since, he calls when he wants and comes around when he feels like. I already let go and stopped calling him, last time he called after a week distance, I told him I traveled to Villa he said I didn't tell him I didn't reply he kept repeating it (in my mind I was like 'what d'y care) just want us to respect each other

Okayy, I get you.. Act like you don't see that "commitment" he's throwing around, mixed signals.. Regard him as an acquaintance, just don't catch feelings.. Draw that invisible line in your mind, you can decide not to be rude but then you owe him no explanation whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by PrettyBunny(f): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
Just spare few minutes or an hour and have a good talk with him.

Wasting time on when to tell him will only drag you guys too long.

Just talk and end it already. The faster you end it, the easier the process of healing comes..

It might be a sad loss but holding on to it won't do you any good either.

1 Like

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
Akuruoulo:
WOMEN MADE AGE AN ISSUE. WHEN A 21YRS BOY ASK A 26YRS GIRL OUT NA SO SHE GO LOOK AM LIKE SMALL BOY.

Lol. The first response that came to mind when I put myself in this scenario wasn't nice. If I wasn't civil, I'd honestly smack him.

3 Likes

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by dochenaj: 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
EmGeee:
I have done this before now... I told him I feel a kind of disregard with his behavior lately. He assured he never meant any such and wouldn't repeat any such insinuations. But I am not blind, at least I know the difference between our rapport before and after the age issue came up
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Akuruoulo(m): 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Lol. The first response that came to mind when I put myself in this scenario wasn't nice. If I wasn't civil, I'd honestly smack him.

HAHAHAH AND WITH TIME EVERYTHING STARTED LOOKING NORMAL WHEN AGE STARTS HITTING.

THATS DEPENDING ON HIS AND UR AGE.
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
What's with the " I want to let him know, I want to let him know you're going on about? Don't let him know anything cos he doesn't care anyways. Just bone him, he too will get the message that you're not bothered. It's not by force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by EmGeee(f): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
Akuruoulo:

HAHAHAH AND WITH TIME EVERYTHING STARTED LOOKING NORMAL WHEN AGE STARTS HITTING.

You are yet to realize that you are just being misogynistic
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2021
Akuruoulo:

Hian! Normal ke! How's a 21-year old asking me out? I'll press his head. I'm even struggling to imagine how the opportunity will arise.
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by wiseone28: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
yanabasee1:
You are yet to let go...

I have a girl that is trying to force her way to making me to screw her so she'll ask me to marry her... And she's way older than I am and she's frustrated and really wants marriage by all means....
Same scenario i am having..

She doesn't know i know her true age but i keep cool.

Lately she keep telling me she will keep pregnancy for me.

She is so desperate for marriage.

1 Like

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by wiseone28: 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
Akuruoulo:
When they are now in their late 30s and frustrated.. You will see them saying age is just a number grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by baralatie(m): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
EmGeee:

Don't want him feeling he is doing wrong, cos I understand
do not even bug your head.

do not assume thoughts of another human being that is not u.

if he is withdrawn leave let him be.

if he is interested he will come if he is not interested for whatever reason he will find any excuse to give space.
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by baralatie(m): 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
EmGeee:

Thanks... but I still maintain he didn't do me wrong considering our minglings. The only wrong he'd do me is disregard so it is better he take his stance than subject me to an entanglement.
then disentangle yourself ad save yourself from mental torture

2 Likes

Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by baralatie(m): 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
Romanoff:
Sis, move on.

Some men married women that are 10 years younger than them and such women are a pain in their throat.

If a man in this generation doesn't put aside age differences when he finds a woman that's his spec, make e go find younger woman.

This same dating pool wey be like Jungle so.
simply put
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Akuruoulo(m): 11:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Hian! Normal ke! How's a 21-year old asking me out? I'll press his head. I'm even struggling to imagine how the opportunity will arise.
HAHAHAHA THAT MEANS U DNT BELIEVE IS JUST A NUMBER YET . WHY WON'T U GIVE HIM THE CHANCE ? WHAT ABT ME WHO IS ON THE VERGE OF ASKING A LADY 6YRS MY SENIOR OUT, AND PROPOSE SOONER. SO IF NA U, U GO KICK ME ? THO AM NT THATS YOUNG
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by Akuruoulo(m): 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Thats the same thng the op did while younger
Re: We Realized Am 3yrs Older And He Is Withdrawn. How Do I Say I Already Let Go by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
Akuruoulo:
HAHAHAHA THAT MEANS U DNT BELIEVE IS JUST A NUMBER YET . WHY WON'T U GIVE HIM THE CHANCE ? WHAT ABT ME WHO IS ON THE VERGE OF ASKING A LADY 6YRS MY SENIOR OUT, AND PROPOSE SOONER. SO IF NA U, U GO KICK ME ? THO AM NT THATS YOUNG

If I was 40, and a 32 yr old were to ask me out, I wouldn't be offended. But a 21-yr old, nahh, I'll smack him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ugliest Man In The World Marries 3rd Wife - See Photos / Only female Brothels are Common. What About Male Brothel ? Are there in lagos? / I Told Him About The Number Of Men I've Had S3x With, This Happened..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.