Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? (10874 Views)

Leke Adeboye Attempts To Resurrect A Dead Man / Another Pastor Fails To Resurrect Man After Jumping Inside Grave [PHOTOS] / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ezzywaymadu:

Accept Him U will see the light.
What light do you see? undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
AntiChristian:

Master liar for Jesus. Your lies are just getting monumental by the day.

Where did the Qu'ran say "Jesus is alive till today after resurrection and death"?

I don't just understand the type of slave you are.

Shey na muhammad allah raised up ?

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by sonmvayina(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
advocatejare:

That's the lie that Allah the best of the deceivers told you.
Jesus' mission is to the whole world but the first call are the Jews and then the whole world
Isaiah 42.6 - "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,
John.3.14 - Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
John.3.15 - that everyone[b] who believes in him may have eternal life.
John.3.16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Mark.16.15 - He said to them, "
Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mark.16.16 - Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved , but whoever does not believe will be condemned.....
So, I had to truncate all of that so as to find anything meaningful as a response to my comment. undecided

If you will note for yourself, none of the verses you quote above tells you that Jesus Christ died for the sins of mankind. So, where do you get that idea from? undecided

The entire world had been condemned from the time of Adam to Death(perish in the grave) for their unbelief and it remained so until God decided to gift the people of Israel with a Covenant, through Moses, stipulating that as far as those of the blood of Jacob, all who believe and obey Him will live, while those who refuse will remain condemned to die. undecided

At the same time, those of gentile roots who did not live in the land of Israel remained condemned to die for their unbelief. The gentiles were never under Law - the Law is what defines what sin is - and they had already been judged and condemned for their unbelief. Judged guilty and condemned, by Almighty God Himself, to die for their unbelief even as they lived. So what they needed saving from, which is Death and not sin, and that is exactly what Salvation through Jesus Christ is about.undecided

Now, when Jesus Christ showed up on the scene, He did so, first on behalf of the lost sheep of Israel, a mission which He completed at His death. Upon His resurrection, He defeated Death on behalf of those who were already condemned to die, the gentiles mainly, and He threw open the gates to the Kingdom of God via His New Covenant to those of gentile roots who were, bringing them now under the Law(contract) that is embodied in Him, Jesus Christ. undecided

And according to the same Jesus Christ, not all will be saved.... only those who will believe and accept Him will be saved. Meaning that those who do not believe Him remain condemned to die, as it was the case in the beginning. And even then, of those who believe in Him, only those who accept and obey Him will become Son of God. undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Lotechi(m): 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are confusing things here. undecided

God created the world alright, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with His ability to maintain His creation a all. He created this instead to be "maintained" by man, and so He gave it over the man, as far as manintainance is concerned. So if you want healing and saving of the world, take your issues up with Man. undecided

Man has not handed it back to God so I don't see why you expect God to then come in to heal and save it...I mean save it from whom...man? undecided

God created humans, yes, but if humans hated their life of agony and pain, as you call it, they could always choose death, thanks to the first man making certain by his choices that is added to the equation. If life is as you say pain and agony, then why procreate? undecided

Human chose to multiply their ranks into the billions knowing fully well what is in store for them as they do. So I am not sure where you find God to blame in all of this still. undecided
You forget that God in an attempt to “rid the world of sin’” destroyed the world and saved only Noah. He even went further to destroy sodom. So, your argument that he is not supposed to do something about our pain and grief is just flawed. If his love is unconditional, why do we have to obey him first? Just so you know, there are still folks that obey him that are living through unimaginable pain and grief.

Y’all are scared to admit that God may not be as compassionate and caring towards humans. He probably is just after his glory, which is just very selfish if you ask me.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Lotechi:
You forget that God in an attempt to “rid the world of sin’” destroyed the world and saved only Noah.
And right after that, the same God promised He would never do that again. undecided
Lotechi:
He even went further to destroy sodom.
Destruction of Sodom is akin to destroying maybe London, when there are so many other sin-filled settlements in the same world that Sodom and Gomorrah existed in. undecided
Lotechi:
So, your argument that he is not supposed to do something about our pain and grief is just flawed.
Pain and grief? undecided
Your Pain and grief are of this world, and even Jesus Christ did not come to save this world of fix it.
Jesus Christ made that clear to you when He declared that the Kingdom He came to offer you was not of this world. undecided
Lotechi:
If his love is unconditional, why do we have to obey him first?
There are choices before you. You can choose the way of men or the way of God. The way of God requires obedience to God's commandments- He set it so from even the first man, Adam. Whereas the way of men does not require submission to God in any way or form..not even acknowledgment of His existence is necessary.
Lotechi:
Just so you know, there are still folks that obey him that are living through unimaginable pain and grief.
In His teaching, Jesus Christ guarantees His followers that they will have suffering and tribulations in this world. So, if those who speak of are living obedient to His commandments, then their suffering and tribulation are expected. Like I said, He did not come to save you or anyone from pain and grief. undecided
Lotechi:
Y’all are scared to admit that God may not be as compassionate and caring towards humans. He probably is just after his glory, which is just very selfish if you ask me.
People who are afraid would not sign up for more suffering and tribulation than life offers, would they now? undecided
Look, as far as I know, it, God's mercy and compassion are poured out daily to all mankind... including the wicked and the ungrateful, so I don't know where your understanding of Him comes from. undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by advocatejare(m): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, I had to truncate all of that so as to find anything meaningful as a response to my comment. undecided

If you will note for yourself, none of the verses you quote above tells you that Jesus Christ died for the sins of mankind. So, where do you get that idea from? undecided
Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 2:2
He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,

1 John 3:16
By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

John 10:11
“I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

John 10:15

even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
advocatejare:

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

Now read the rest.
Kobojunkie:
The entire world had been condemned from the time of Adam to Death(perish in the grave) for their unbelief and it remained so until God decided to gift the people of Israel with a Covenant, through Moses, stipulating that as far as those of the blood of Jacob, all who believe and obey Him will live, while those who refuse will remain condemned to die. undecided

At the same time, those of gentile roots who did not live in the land of Israel remained condemned to die for their unbelief. The gentiles were never under Law - the Law is what defines what sin is - and they had already been judged and condemned for their unbelief. Judged guilty and condemned, by Almighty God Himself, to die for their unbelief even as they lived. So what they needed saving from, which is Death and not sin, and that is exactly what Salvation through Jesus Christ is about.undecided

Now, when Jesus Christ showed up on the scene, He did so, first on behalf of the lost sheep of Israel, a mission which He completed at His death. Upon His resurrection, He defeated Death on behalf of those who were already condemned to die, the gentiles mainly, and He threw open the gates to the Kingdom of God via His New Covenant to those of gentile roots who were, bringing them now under the Law(contract) that is embodied in Him, Jesus Christ. undecided

And according to the same Jesus Christ, not all will be saved.... only those who will believe and accept Him will be saved. Meaning that those who do not believe Him remain condemned to die, as it was the case in the beginning. And even then, of those who believe in Him, only those who accept and obey Him will become Son of God. undecided

Isaiah spoke of the sins of the Jewish people and not of mankind. In the Gospels, since Jesus Christ's mission was to the Lost sheep of Israel and not even all of Israel, He died yes, for the sins of the Lost sheep of Israel, and not of mankind since mankind was not under any Law that defined sin for them. undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by advocatejare(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Now read the rest.
Comment on your lies that I exposed first. Your claims that Jesus didn't die for our sins.

Accept that you're wrong first before we move on.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
advocatejare:
Comment on your lies that I exposed first. Your claims that Jesus didn't die for our sins.
Accept that you're wrong first before we move on.
Like I said, Jesus Christ did not die for the sins of mankind... He died for the sins of the Jews who only make up a very small number as far as mankind is concerned; His resurrection instead was for the Gentile worldundecided

Isaiah 53 vs 4-11 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. The fact is, it was our suffering he took on himself; he bore our pain. But we thought that God was punishing him, that God was beating him for something he did.
5. But he was being punished for what we did. He was crushed because of our guilt. He took the punishment we deserved, and this brought us peace. We were healed because of his pain.
6. We had all wandered away like sheep. We had gone our own way. And yet the Lord put all our guilt on him.
7. He was treated badly, but he never protested. He said nothing, like a lamb being led away to be killed. He was like a sheep that makes no sound as its wool is being cut off. He never opened his mouth to defend himself.
8. He was taken away by force and judged unfairly. The people of his time did not even notice that he was killed.[b] But he was put to death[c] for the sins of his[d] people.
9. He had done no wrong to anyone. He had never even told a lie. But he was buried among the wicked. His tomb was with the rich.
10. But the Lord was pleased with this humble servant who suffered such pain.[e] Even after giving himself as an offering for sin, he will see his descendants and enjoy a long life. He will succeed in doing what the Lord wanted.
11. After his suffering he will see the light,[f] and he will be satisfied with what he experienced.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by advocatejare(m): 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Like I said, Jesus Christ did not die for the sins of mankind... He died for the sins of the Jews who only make up a very small number as far as mankind is concerned; His resurrection instead was for the Gentile worldundecided

You need to read this again, digest it and purge yourself from wrong doctrines

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
advocatejare:

You need to read this again, digest it and purge yourself from wrong doctrines
Again...
Kobojunkie:
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by advocatejare(m): 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
Incognito403:

Lol, it's your own tafseer of the Quran that is reliable.
Why would I do Tafseer for you? Your deceptive scholars are paid to do such.

I only charge you to reason and understand, rather than cram Arabic. Get an Arabic dictionary, a standard and check for the meaning of salat and relate it to what we're discussing
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
Keemsleek005:
If jesus had not risen, we will still be buried in the rituals of the old testament. We will still be sacrificing animals to atone for our sins not like now we can go on her knees to ask for forgiveness. Only the priest would have access to the holy of the holiest ( the alter) just as we stroll casual to the alter and nothing happens.We would still be following the strict laws of the 10 commandment.
But that is a Lie! You were never under the Laws of the Old Covenant to begin with. According to God Himself, that Law was and still is meant for the people of Israel and those who live in the Land of Canaan -- you, who are of gentile roots, were never part of that agreement. So why did you torture yourself over it to begin with?
Those of the gentile world were never under the Law of Moses since they remained condemned to Death from the time of Adam, as God Himself judged them. undecided
Keemsleek005:
Only a certain kind of Generations or special picked by God will have access to him and not like now we have so many pastors filled with anionting. There would be nothing like Grace, etc
I am afraid you are mistaken where your pastors are concerned. God fired all of His shepherds of Old, declaring that in His new agreement, He alone will be the shepherd to all those who belong in His flock. He declared that He was against all shepherds(pastors as you call them today). So I am not sure where you get that your pastors are anointed and that has anything to do with God.

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.
16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
So, don't let men deceive you, pretending they come to you as pastors in the name of God.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by sonmvayina(m): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2021
What if the story is all made up by the Romans to deceive people...stop this madness of trying to make sense of the white mans bull shit. It was never written to make sense, it was written to be believed without questioning...

Whether 1 jesus died or 1000 + it has got nothing to do with the creator of heaven and earth.. He never ordered or condoned human sacrifice or somebody dying for the sin of another.

So everything about christianity is all paganism rebranded..
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Incognito403: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
advocatejare:

Why would I do Tafseer for you? Your deceptive scholars are paid to do such.

I only charge you to reason and understand, rather than cram Arabic. Get an Arabic dictionary, a standard and check for the meaning of salat and relate it to what we're discussing

These scholars of tafseer are the natural owners of Arabic language. The arabic they speak and explanation they give for an arabic word is what the dictionary documents.

So leaving their explanation for a dictionary is like leaving the source for the derived. It's a classic definition of stu.pidity.

Secondly, there are many figures of speech take words from their literal meaning to a new meaning. People who read well understand this. Every language expert understands this.

As I said earlier, I'll leave you to wallow in your delusion, ignorance and arrogance.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by advocatejare(m): 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
Incognito403:

These scholars of tafseer are the natural owners of Arabic language. The arabic they speak and explanation they give for an arabic word is what the dictionary documents.

So leaving their explanation for a dictionary is like leaving the source for the derived. It's a classic definition of stu.pidity.

Secondly, there are many figures of speech take words from their literal meaning to a new meaning. People who read well understand this. Every language expert understands this.

As I said earlier, I'll leave you to wallow in your delusion, ignorance and arrogance.
Islam was founded on deception.

Muhammad was a deceiver and a murderer who encouraged his followers to lie and murder

Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!......

.....When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), "Get at him!" So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf."
-Sahih Bukhari 5:59:369

Your religion permits lying even under oath to defend your religion.

Allah parades himself as the best of the deceivers, so how much more your scholars who are only following the footsteps of their lords

Allah is not only a deceiver but the best of the deceivers, the same title of Satan, the father of lies.

Quran 8:30
wa-idh yamkuru bika alladhīna kafarū liyuth'bitūka aw yaqtulūka aw yukh'rijūka wayamkurūna wayamkuru l-lahu wal-lahu khayru l-mākirīna

And when those who disbelieved deceive/scheme at you to affix/affirm you, or kill you, or bring you out, and they scheme/deceive , and Allah deceives/schemes and Allah (is) best (of) the deceivers/schemers.

Makirina is from (مَكْر [makir] ) which means cunning, deceptive, guile.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Incognito403: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
advocatejare:

Islam was founded on deception.

Muhammad was a deceiver and a murderer who encouraged his followers to lie and murder

Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!......

.....When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), "Get at him!" So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf."
-Sahih Bukhari 5:59:369

Your religion permits lying even under oath to defend your religion.

Allah parades himself as the best of the deceivers, so how much more your scholars who are only following the footsteps of their lords

Allah is not only a deceiver but the best of the deceivers, the same title of Satan, the father of lies.

Quran 8:30
wa-idh yamkuru bika alladhīna kafarū liyuth'bitūka aw yaqtulūka aw yukh'rijūka wayamkurūna wayamkuru l-lahu wal-lahu khayru l-mākirīna

And when those who disbelieved deceive/scheme at you to affix/affirm you, or kill you, or bring you out, and they scheme/deceive , and Allah deceives/schemes and Allah (is) best (of) the deceivers/schemers.

Makirina is from (مَكْر [makir] ) which means cunning, deceptive, guile.
Jumping from one flimsy argument to another like a mountain goat. You're tacitly agreeing that your previous arguments were based on falsehood and have been countered.

No time to waste with you again. If I counter this, you'll bring another argument. And you didn't even try to respond to any of the points I raised for you.

You've lost a long time ago. If only you had deep reasoning.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by advocatejare(m): 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
Incognito403:

Jumping from one flimsy argument to another like a mountain goat.
When Islamists start insulting, that's point I realise that they've been dealt it.

Stop wailing. I'm not done exposing the best of the deceivers and the false Prophet
You're tacitly agreeing that your previous arguments were based on falsehood and have been countered.

No time to waste with you again. If I counter this, you'll bring another argument. And you didn't even try to respond to any of the points I raised for you.
Which point did you raise. You ran away when I asked you to show me the meaning of salat. You claimed your brain can't reason it because your fake scholars had stereotyped your mind to swallow anything they tell you.

I gave you the proof that Muhammad was a liar and a murderer, you became mute.

You've lost a long time ago. If only you had deep reasoning.
grin E pain am tongue
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Chiefhenric(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2021
Hmmmm....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Keys To Experiencing God's Wonders Through Praise. / My Affair With Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA – Ese Walter / Hailing God In Yoruba Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.