Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates (45683 Views)

2023 Presidency: Over 1500 PDP Delegates Attend Saraki’s Declaration (Pictures) / ESN: We Killed 10 Girls For Fortification Rituals Attacked Imo Prison, Police. / Nnamdi Kanu On Imo Prison Break: "No Nigerian Deserves To Be In Prison" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 9:12am On Apr 05, 2021
lastempero:
I hope ESN is not responsible for this madness sad

Go after fulani herdsmen and not releasing criminals to the public.
God p**ish that your use less hand you're using to type ESN for this matter. Idi ot.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by JAWBONE(m): 9:12am On Apr 05, 2021
Police HQ, State CID and prison facilities attacked. These are supposed to be the most secured areas in the state yet fell to "unknown attackers". Without any resistance?

The state should simply handover security apparatus to the attackers. They look like they can do a better job
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:13am On Apr 05, 2021
Timoleon:
It is possible if it is staged by the government themselves. Which I believe is what happened just to paint ipob and esn bad and ultimately attack citizens of the east undeterred.

This is just an astute answer..I know many Nigerians don't think and immediately something like this happens people go tribal and spew rubbish but think of it...I know the area well, it's guarded by mobile policemen and prisons arms squad so in reality there should be about 50 arms men on duty... How can there be a security breach for as long as 3 hrs that's even enough time for army from Obinze to respond and even go back to sleep, again infront of govt house for that long and no casualties, no gun engagement, nothing nothing just a stroll..

I wholeheartedly agree with you my brother govt hand dey inside...shikena
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by gnykelly(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2021
Wise people don't start war from their door step.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by pquaver(m): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2021
brosom:
We know the gun men are those in power.

Whenever they want to cash out big time for their selfish interest in an unlawful way, they create a chaos here and there without minding the side effect it has a people, thus, playing games with human life's..

Government is a beast in sheep clothing.

Shut up stop trying to deceive the public.. This is ipob handwork and Nnamdi Kanu..

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by od501: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2021
Olatomiwami:

Gbam!!! I just raised this alarm.

And what makes you so sure ESN is responsible?
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by MemoriesAndMe: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2021
ignis:
This act of setting prisoners free should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians, irrespective of tribes, religion or beliefs.
Out of those prisoners are rapists, armed robbers, criminals and other forms of terrorists. It took the military resources and lives to be able to capture and imprison the inmates in the prison.
But on the flip side, a suspected criminal is innocent until a court proves him or her guilty. What should we call a person held in prison for 4 years without trial? That only happens in Nigeria and people's lives get wasted in prison over crimes they know nothing about.
I won't be surprised if those freeing up prisoners were once unjustly locked up for crimes they didn't commit and even prayed for a court date that never came.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Litmus: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2021
ayenale1:
When people protected peacefully you send army now violent and monster have been created according to burna boy...

Burna Boy is a good musician; he is not a philosopher, definitely not an intellectual. Burna will tell you what you want to hear so you'll buy his music, he'll make money and live internationally.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by ElhassanAuyo: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2021
No doubt ipob and ESN are responsible for this and they must pay dearly the price for their comeuppance.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2021
Omo igbo don finally buy market

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2021
gnykelly:
Wise people don't start war from their door step.
shey this one that they started the burn fire,gun raiding and fight fighting inside the bedroom of owerri nko!
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by ORIAYO70(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2021
Emergingnation:

https://punchng.com/breaking-gunmen-attack-imo-prison-free-over-1500-inmates/

This is the most stupid statements police made to aggrieved me...

We r ontop of the matter ....

Shey mata wey pass matyrs self....

Police with stupidity.... If they can reform n deradicalised Boko Haram

Let the inmates go home.....
kedu ihe mkpofu
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by ariesbull: 9:17am On Apr 05, 2021
Igbo are very stubborn folks...they are peaceful but don't push them to the wall....

Historically speaking they have demonstrated the above over and over

The best thing is for the government to identify these unknown Gunmen, have a chat with them dialogue......I pray they don't go bursting and sabotaging pipelines. Because the pipeline passes through their land

Let's dialogue ...give them some concessions ....these folks ain't smiling again

Biko nu ....let's work toward peace
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by lastempero: 9:17am On Apr 05, 2021
TRUTHaDDICTED:
God p**ish that your use less hand you're using to type ESN for this matter. Idi ot.

Idiot!!! I know ur life is already frustrated that's why you people wants 2 mess up igbo land.Go n hustle idiot, u think biafra will make you a billionaire overnight.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by amboh(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2021
MAY NIGERIA SUCCEED AMEEN.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by MantisShrimp: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2021
Timoleon:
It is possible if it is staged by the government themselves. Which I believe is what happened just to paint ipob and esn bad and ultimately attack citizens of the east undeterred.

Keep lying to yourselves. Its like having a low IQ is a prerequisite for being an IPOB supporter. Nnamdi Kanu keeps encouraging people to take up arms and attack the state online and offline. But whenever there is an attack you dumb minions come here to claim that it is not ESN. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by BigYash: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2021
maasoap:

Lol. They will recruit murderers, rapists, kidnappers and so on. Some of you guys are plain clowns
As if Nigeria Military and Police are better than those you mentioned above. They are all the same,if you don't know. They rape,kill at will,steal like some of those prisoners. So wtf are you talking about?
You are the Clown here and it seems you don go drink ogogoro this early morning.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by gnykelly(m): 9:20am On Apr 05, 2021
baralatie:

shey this one that they started the burn fire,gun raiding and fight fighting inside the bedroom of owerri nko!

They're thoughtless of their women and children.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2021
ariesbull:
Igbo are very stubborn folks...they are peaceful but don't push them to the wall....

Historically speaking they have demonstrated the above over and over

The best thing is for the government to identify these unknown Gunmen, have a chat with them dialogue......I pray they don't go bursting and sabotaging pipelines. Because the pipeline passes through their land

Let's dialogue ...give them some concessions ....these folks ain't smiling again

Biko nu ....let's work toward peace
they will kill everybody for east before them remember the word dialogue.
just they look history repeat itself.
shey you say igbo stubborn

no worry you go see say na there fg they ginger?

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2021
gnykelly:

They're thoughtless of their women and children.
I never imagine that they had a mind to think in the first place
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by crazycrypto710: 9:22am On Apr 05, 2021
What's happening in imo? Biko?
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Biafrannuke: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2021
Angelfrost:
As usual, imbeciles here have turned something so serious and dire into an ethnic war... Nairaland Mods, you people are not doing your jobs. Your forum will push this nation into war.

To the topic.... How can a maximum security prison housing such number of inmates not be better secured and protected??! Not even a single sniper on the roof to repel these bastards from afar off. This is questionable and beyond embarrassing.

Whoever is sponsoring these attacks in parts of the East, for whatever political purpose, should continue.... By the time y'all turn a politically disadvantaged region into a cesspit of crime and anarchy, maybe then it will dawn on you all.

Now I understand why Wike does what he does... The earlier the entire Igbo nation, home and abroad, distance themselves from anarchists disguising as "Freedom Fighters", the better for you all. Cos, this will end badly for most of you... This prison break won't affect the same corrupt politicians, as much as it will affect most of the ordinary law-abiding citizens.

I pity you Imolites... Ask Edo people what they went through (Still going through) since last year.

Next thing, your governor will impose curfew which will further make the majority of citizens suffer!
Don't worry, when wike gets his own you'll be here to cry.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by pquaver(m): 9:25am On Apr 05, 2021
Timoleon:
I strongly believe that the Nigerian government is behind the attacks and chaos in the east and not ESN or IPOB. Igbophobia afterall is a real phenomena and it is playing right before our eyes. Do not be deceived my people.

The ibo people have a right to self determination and independence but all that is currently playing out is a ploy by the Fulani led Nigerian government to commit a systematic and systemic genocide in the east.
Brace yourselves, winter is coming!!!

The ability to tell oneself a lie a thousand times and get to believe the lies I think is a big feature of most ndigbo.. I am beginning to see that most families were brought up so.. Instead of you to focus and think.. Ask yourself if what Esn and ipob are doing is what we take us to Eldorado or to hades. You are here talking nonsense.. Make una continue we might end up having no Nigeria and no Biafra to hold onto.. Illiterates.. This us Nnamdi Kanu and his gang of illiterate handwork. Give the criminal 6months now and watch innocent homes in Owerri and environs terrorized.. You are here calling government.. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Timoleon(m): 9:25am On Apr 05, 2021
MantisShrimp:

Keep lying to yourselves. Its like having a low IQ is a prerequisite for being an IPOB supporter. Nnamdi Kanu keeps encouraging people to take up arms and attack the state online and offline. But whenever there is an attack you dumb minions come here to claim that it is not ESN. Lol.
If you needed attention, you could have asked politely. I am magnanimous enough to give you this little. I hope you manage it. I won’t give you anymore.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Silverpurple: 9:25am On Apr 05, 2021
Timoleon:
I strongly believe that the Nigerian government is behind the attacks and chaos in the east and not ESN or IPOB. Igbophobia afterall is a real phenomena and it is playing right before our eyes. Do not be deceived my people.

The ibo people have a right to self determination and independence but all that is currently playing out is a ploy by the Fulani led Nigerian government to commit a systematic and systemic genocide in the east.

Brace yourselves, winter is coming!!!

Nigerian government paid "igbo youths" to burn down government police station and free dangerous criminals. Lolz.

I pray for the east.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Timoleon(m): 9:25am On Apr 05, 2021
pquaver:

The ability to tell oneself a lie a thousand times and get to believe the lies I think is a big feature of most ndigbo.. I am beginning to see that most families were brought up so.. Instead of you to focus and think.. Ask yourself if what Esn and ipob are doing is what we take us to Eldorado or to hades. You are here talking nonsense.. Make una continue we might end up having no Nigeria and no Biafra to hold onto.. Illiterates.. This us Nnamdi Kanu and his gang of illiterate handwork. Give the criminal 6months now and watch innocent homes in Owerri and environs terrorized.. You are here calling government.. Nonsense
If you needed attention, you could have asked politely. I am magnanimous enough to give you this little. I hope you manage it. I won’t give you anymore.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2021
Biafrannuke:
Don't worry, when wike gets his own you'll be here to cry.
you should leave wike and worry about imo , enugu and anambra
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by lastempero: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2021
Olatomiwami:

Nah them go hear am, my own be say, make dem no run come SW oh, make the madness remain with them, is their wahala, nah so Boko take start, they are hailing NK, now the shit has hit the fan, breeding criminals as ESN without any law backing it.

But na there u go c them, do you expect them to be in the same environment.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Silverpurple: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2021
dometome:
This is a staged attack, Douglass house is just opposite the prisons and police headquarters and they did not attack Douglas house. It is a staged attack.

Who staged this? You heard igbo youth in their numbers did this. How could it be staged. Do you think with the IPOB control of south east that number of youths can be sponsored by government?

My brother, the south east state, are currently being ruled by IPOB. I wish them the best.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 9:29am On Apr 05, 2021
lastempero:

Idiot!!! I know ur life is already frustrated that's why you people wants mess up south east. Go n hustle idiot, u think biafra will make you a billionaire overnight.
I didn't ask you not to be foolish, I only ask you to maintain your foolishness all to yourself without trying to rob your contacious disease of chronic idiocy with ESN.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by charles614: 9:29am On Apr 05, 2021
Miner13:
This is very idiotic and moronic..releasing the satans into an environment already saturated with the devils
how about the repented Boko Haram, aren't they more dangerous than those inmate's
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by MantisShrimp: 9:29am On Apr 05, 2021
membranus:

In your dreams.

Can only happen where there is competent leadership and peace in other regions.

Now we have a fractured country, even the army are secretly fractured along regional loyalty.

This war, when it comes, will be completely different from the former civil war.

You guys keep repeating this moronic nonsense and praying for war. I pity you. You will be surprised how people will close ranks just to deal with you again and you will cry for another 50 years about the whole Nigeria ganging up against you. Keep praying for war and keep doing everything in your power to start it. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Being My Cameraman Not Enough To Make You Governor — Fashola Tells Jandor / Coronavirus: Adeboye, Oyedepo, Okonkwo, Adeyemi, Others Hold Online Services / Prof Attahiru Jega: Governance Under Buhari Has Been Very Poor & Disappointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.