Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,185 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (19098 Views)

I Read This Post And I Feel Ashamed Of My Country...... No Unity And Love Again! / If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Oshiomhole Fires Back At Okonjo-Iweala "You Should Be Ashamed..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
Nebuchadnezzar:

Should we plan a coup to exterminate their race?

You have tried something similar in the past . . . . How did that work out for you and the thousands that ended up dead? Is that possible what your envision a solution to the Nigerian situation has to be?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Dede1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
The monsters in the northern region of Nigeria that seemed to rear their ugly heads on slightest change in the direction of wind were created by the British, Southerners and the so-called Christians from the northern region of Nigeria. We were provided the opportunity in 1966 to nib the monster in the bud but the chance was lost on the platter of tribalism.

I guess the solution should, as inevitably as it may sound, rest on armed struggle or equal amount of animalistic tendencies from southern region of Nigeria. If the northerners appear to be drunk, the southerners should equally appear to be crazy. It is very silly to continue to preach the nonsensical and unfounded level of education in the south to calm the nerves down.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by dempeople(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
The Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri are engaged in conflict with every other ethnic nationality within 9ja. Against the Yoruba, oh yes. Against the Middle belt, oh yes. Against other ethnic groups in the North, oh yes. Against their perennial enemies, Ndigbo, a resounding OH YES.

They have a stone age/ medieval mindset coupled with a total false interpretation of their allahu akbar religion. Their problems will never allow us as a country to develop. Development was never a characteristic trait in their collective DNA.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
Dede1:

The monsters in the northern region of Nigeria that seemed to rear their ugly heads on slightest change in the direction of wind were created by the British, Southerners and the so-called Christians from the northern region of Nigeria. We were provided the opportunity in 1966 to nib the monster in the bud but the chance was lost on the platter of tribalism.

I guess the solution should, as inevitably as it may sound, rest on armed struggle or equal amount of animalistic tendencies from southern region of Nigeria. If the northerners appear to be drunk, the southerners should equally appear to be crazy. It is very silly to continue to preach the nonsensical and unfounded level of education in the south to calm the nerves down.

Your solution smacks of the desire to self destruct at all costs after having lost a ill advised war of the past. Our people talk say Ochu nwa okuku nwe ada; you people plotting against innocent victims will fail.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Katsumoto: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Your solution smacks of the desire to self destruct at all costs after having lost a ill advised war of the past. Our people talk say Ochu nwa okuku nwe ada; you people plotting against innocent victims will fail.

Are you implicitly suggesting that those Southerners hacked down in cold blood in the North are not innocent victims?

At some point, the people in the South will retaliate leading to the death of more innocent people. Must it come to that before the barbaric actions of some Northerners is curtailed?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2011
Katsumoto:

Are you implicitly suggesting that those Southerners hacked down in cold blood in the North are not innocent victims?

At some point, the people in the South will retaliate leading to the death of more innocent people. Must it come to that before the barbaric actions of some Northerners is curtailed?

Haba, no one in his right mind will suggest that any Nigerian, Southerner or Northerner is not a innocent victim. Many of the posters here are assuming that southerners were the only innocent victims to have been killed in the post election violence we've seen across the North. The victims include Southerners, Northerners, Christians and Muslims. Mosques and Churches were burnt. The victims were basically Nigerians who do not belong to the political elite. Granted Emirs and other elite, lost their residences to fire.

The violence was completely predictable and I lay the blame squarely on the government and their rigging agents. They continue to allow these violent acts to continue despite knowing the radical Imams and political handlers who continue to instigate these violent acts. Why the heck can't they go out and arrest these people, lock them up and throw the keys away?

Why can't they aggressively pursue a educational policies which would set these Almajiris free?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by alex14(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Hey dude, stop trying so hard to quote Igbo proverbs, 'cos it makes you look/appear childish and irritating angry You are nothing but a hausa/fulani desert rat, phucking f@ggot. If you like change your moniker to ikemba, you're still a coward like your desert dwellers up north. Your people are the biggest cowards and the weakest in nigeria. It is because of this know fact of cowardice that you gay mofos have cornered the military and are using it to commit genocide in places like the middle-belt and niger delta. Allow equal representation in the military and let see who the boys and men are

I'm not pleased that you phucking hausa/fulani cowards have ran across the niger bridge to asaba. I would have love to see you cowards stay and fight in onitsha like men that you claim to be. Amadioha magbu kwe ghi dia! angry Anuofia
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
alex_101:

Hey dude, stop trying so hard to quote Igbo proverbs, 'cos it makes you look/appear childish and irritating angry You are nothing but a hausa/fulani desert rat, phucking f@ggot. If you like change your moniker to ikemba, you're still a coward like your desert dwellers up north. Your people are the biggest cowards and the weakest in nigeria. It is because of this know fact of cowardice that you gay mofos have cornered the military and are using it to commit genocide in places like the middle-belt and niger delta. Allow equal representation in the military and let see who the boys and men are

I'm not pleased that you phucking hausa/fulani cowards have ran across the niger bridge to asaba. I would have love to see you cowards stay and fight in onitsha like men that you claim to be. Amadioha magbu kwe ghi dia! angry Anuofia

@alex_101, onye ara ka obu. Nkita ara. Despite that, A hurum gi nanya like a brother. olodo.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@alex_101, onye ara ka obu ibu. Nkita ara. Despite that, A hurum gi nanya like a brother. olodo.

Reason for the correction above
o bu == he is -- third person
i bu = you are -- subject

grin
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Reason for the correction above
o bu == he is -- third person
i bu = you are -- subject

grin

Na gode, thanks a million. I'll have to blame it on NL's spell checker instead of my Igbo Language skills. cheesy
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by ektbear: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie is a fascinating person, lol. Or maybe I shouldn't 'lol', cuz I'm dead serious
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nebuchadnezzar(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
But then is it only the Hausas? What about those so called fanatical moslems those who say 'infidel'
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
Nebuchadnezzar:

But then is it only the Hausas? What about those so called fanatical moslems those who say 'infidel'

You become no better than those you have ought against when you do the above. What makes you think the issue up north is really about religion and culture? Why is the same not found in countries like Indonesia or other muslim countries out there? I mean come on!!! No need to think you are a better bigot in the case.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by dempeople(m): 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ Kobo,

Amaro'm na I na-asu asusu Igbo. Or maybe someone near u was doing the interpretation at the time.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
I am a Nigerian . . . . there are about 250 dialects, and 3 major languages with no borders between my person and all of them. I picked up a few!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Dede1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Of course, Biafra lost the civil war of onslaught from numerically superior Nigeria with support of world powers such as Britain and USSR as well as Arab League partners. It was a war I am glad Biafrans fought even in defeat. Biafrans did not start the war and would never allow themselves to be stampeded into capitulation by ill-advised murderers and visionless followers.

I have come to realize that opinion is a terrible thing and everyone has one. If this is not true, how could you have concluded the war of survival stood up by gallantry Brifrans was ill-advised? If the situation in 1966 replicates today, Nidgbo had no option but to fight.

By the way, the proverb of Ochu nwa okuku nwe ada remains the battle cry of Biafrans. I guess the southerners who joined the war against Biafra are handsomely paid in kind. My solution to the idiotically displayed madness by the miscreants from northern region of Nigeria shall remain disintegration of geographical expression called Nigeria.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by dempeople(m): 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am a Nigerian . . . . there are about 250 dialects, and 3 major languages with no borders between my person and all of them. I picked up a few!

Interesting, all the same. Which other ones can u communicate in?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
Dede1:

By the way, the proverb of Ochu nwa okuku nwe ada remains the battle cry of Biafrans. I guess the southerners who joined the war against Biafra are handsomely paid in kind. My solution to the idiotically displayed madness by the miscreants from northern region of Nigeria shall remain disintegration of geographical expression called Nigeria.

Your solution as stated in the bolded text above will never be actualized. As I told you elsewhere, I maintain an optimistic outlook of Nigeria. Insha Allah you people will be shamed at the eventual success of our dear country. We will survive the growing pains with distinction, and we shall remain intact as one nation in the process. As soon as we get a good handle on the dutch disease, the shaming of you secessionists and pessimists who call our dear country cesspit, shall commence with full force.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Apr 23, 2011
dem_people:

Interesting, all the same. Which other ones can u communicate in?

There are language translators online, should I need help.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nebuchadnezzar(m): 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@kobo-junk, this thread was created to investigate the general thoughts towards the Hausas(as to the rhetorical topic), to move it towards & directly to 'fanatical' moslems was to make the word ' Hausas ' explicitly clear & for others to appreciate the author's topic.

If i mean to be too harsh on the hausas, bear with me. To brand me a bigot is simply out of place.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Dede1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Your solution as stated in the bolded text above will never be actualized. As I told you elsewhere, I maintain an optimistic outlook of Nigeria. Insha Allah you people will be shamed at the eventual success of our dear country. We will survive the growing pains with distinction, and we shall remain intact as one nation in the process. As soon as we get a good handle on the dutch disease, the shaming of you secessionists and pessimists who call our dear country cesspit, shall commence with full force.

It must be a waiting exercise in futility to expect cure for ant bite from a person who had wittingly told me that the current electioneering process in Nigeria will boost the sociality positively into humanity. I seriously doubt if few Nigerians would agree with your less than visionary prediction after mayhem in northern region that followed presidential election.

By the way, until you can secure a cure for instantaneous madness that afflicts the cross section of northern regional population, my solution remains valid.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2011
Nebuchadnezzar:

If i mean to be too harsh on the hausas, bear with me. To brand me a bigot is simply out of place.

I did not brand you a bigot . . . you made a bigoted comment, much like the ones made by many , even some of this thread. Ruminating on a plan to exterminate a race is promoting hate, don't you think?

Anyways, the way I see it -- the "hausa" problem is never going to go away if we continue to pretend we do not see what it really is.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 2:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
Dede1:

By the way, until you can secure a cure for instantaneous madness that afflicts the cross section of northern regional population, my solution remains valid.

The cure you speak of is readily available and can be implemented immediately to checkmate the violence. If our Igbo President,  Azikwe Jonathan, has enough guts, all he has to do is round up the radical Imams, financed by Iran, and leaders of dangerous religious sects, such as the ones attempting to perfect their skills at making IEDs, throw them in jail for life, and the ailment you speak of will disappear overnight.

The rioting Almajiris get their instructions from radical Imams known to the federal government. GEJ and his administration along with his Igbo heads of security apparatus, are incompetent and lack the guts to solve the problem. I am beginning to suspect that their lack of action is intentional. How else can you explain allowing very predictable post election violence to occur with impunity?

We need to treat these people as the terrorists they are and deal with them with full force. Same treatment needs to be meted out to rascals and other terrorists such as MEND.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by biodun70(m): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
Don't let Ukeoma Ikechukwu, Obinna Okpokiri and their NYSC mates die in vain!!

I've actually started a FB group to help get justice for Ukeoma and his mates. The group's name is: justice for Ukeoma Ikechukwu, Obinna Okpokiri et al

Link-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179579825426318. There is also a twitter trend- #justiceforUkeomaetal-where you can make a comment. Please join and spread the word!

The man died who keeps silent in the face of tyranny-Wole Soyinka
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Evyqueen(f): 4:00am On Apr 26, 2011
If only they i mean, (those who are involved in this mess) could think along side with u.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Adamuenero(m): 9:16am On Apr 26, 2011
Nothing is dividing this country unless God and we the north central zone say so. All these illiterate and ignorant Hausa it will over you people very soon cos afterall PDP won in sokoto state and nothing happened. You being hausa is not your making so you just leave it like that,just embrace civilisation and push sharia aside and i tell you life and Nigeria will be great for us all. This buhari hausa youths are fighting for said things he was not suppose to say that he was going to introduce sharia into the system and it is like merging light and darkness together. The people voted their choice.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by sexyanna: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2011
this issue need prayer nothing more and u people have to talkto them.becos killing people is not d solution
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2011
sexyanna:

this issue need prayer nothing more and u people have to talkto them.becos killing people is not d solution

You don't need to talk to anybody, the government needs to order security forces to shoot the marauding almajiris the minute they start, especially in hot beds like Kaduna, Jos, Bauchi and Kano. Let them know it is death that awaits them and see how they will be civilised soon.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by XueRengui: 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Did Not Say Boko Haram Will Release Christian Girl Yesterday" – IG Of Police / West Africa Single Currency - A Journey To Nowhere? / Anambra Election: Election Materials Snatched, Destroyed In Oba, Idemili — REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.