Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (19094 Views)

I Read This Post And I Feel Ashamed Of My Country...... No Unity And Love Again! / If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Oshiomhole Fires Back At Okonjo-Iweala "You Should Be Ashamed..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by phreakabit(m): 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf:

shocked

Just like dat? Me too, I'm feeling bad about the violence. grin

You know whether she fine? Plus check out her profile pic bro  shocked
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
dell_net:

Awareness does not define educated/education. Back at your dose right?

I am tired of trying to argue with this Kobo character, seriously. I just didnt want to go into the definition of being educated (in the context of which I used it) versus being aware. I am sure she is not that daft. She just pretends to be. Noone can be that daft.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by namfav(m): 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
protesting is protected by the constitution abeg, let the people protest, the youth are the future, if we stay dormant like zombies who will bring the change?do you think they are handing out roses in libya? it is obvious that the elections were rigged, see how jonathan did in christian areas compare to buhari, and you expect him to do well in muslim areas? inec needs to come out and tell the north the truth
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by bamosagie(m): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
I am enraged about violence melted on innocent southerners in the north each time there is justifiable and unjustifiable cause for protest.
Advocating an eye for an eye rule is tempting, but I want that hug too,
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
jmaine:

Basseti . . .you never tire, you should learn to discern mischief and stay away . . . . some people just need to have the last word and there will be peace . . .so give them their peace  cheesy

Ol boy I don tire and I don learn.

I really thought I was debating with someone that can put forth sensible points even if I dont agree with them. I was wrong.

Now she has a friend in Kaduna that tells her that 13volts is wrong?  angry Make i go rest abeg.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by alisigwe(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

Hausa are politically active. An average hausaman listen to 4 international radio station 3 times a day. Radio France, BBC, German radio, VOA, radio china and Iran. Given the above you expect them to be politically and internationally updated nd informed. On the side of religious well, I ve seen a lot of learned Islamic Cleric from the SW. But then the north has always produce the most learned Islamic scholars in 9jah. But the difference here is that a yoruba muslin has an additional advantage I.e. Education which enables you make rational decisions even when mislead by fanatical imans. This is what we are lacking in the north.
                                                 dud,u re so cool.no homo.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by presido1: 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

I really thought I was debating with someone that can put forth sensible points even if I dont agree with them. I was wrong.

Now she has a friend in Kaduna that tells her that 13volts is wrong?  angry Make i go rest abeg.
He has friends everywhere even in Hell. I gave up on him(He is not a girl) like 2 yrs ago.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Jenifa1: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
@OP, I think you should be proud of who you are. start surrounding yourself with more northerners or invite some to join NL.
I would feel ashamed too if i were the only Nigerian among a group of foreigners talking about nigerian 419 scam and i'm trying to fit in with them.
or the only hausa among a group of southerners talking about violence in the north.
shame is generally a feeling of fear of being socially ostracized. you are ashamed because of what yorubas and igbos think? because you live among yorubas and igbos? you are trying to please yorubas and igbos?
You should explain more to us where this feeling of shame comes from. it's one thing to be angered or disappointed by your people's actions. it's another thing to be ashamed to be a member of your ethnic group.

Kobojunkie:
and from my experience up north, I know a lot of folks play the radio, but I don't know if I will say they really listen.

lol. they play radio but do not listen.  are they deaf or what?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
presido1:

He has friends everywhere even in Hell. I gave up on him(He is not a girl) like 2 yrs ago.

Seriously?? Noted! Wow!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by jmaine: 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

Ma guy . . . You need that rest badly . . . cheesy
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
namfav:

protesting is protected by the constitution abeg, let the people protest, the youth are the future, if we stay dormant like zombies who will bring the change?do you think they are handing out roses in libya? it is obvious that the elections were rigged, see how jonathan did in christian areas compare to buhari, and you expect him to do well in muslim areas? inec needs to come out and tell the north the truth

If you no gree,go die.Nigerians don yarn that they want a terrorist as their president.don't you understand ''simfle'' turenchi ?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by roxell120(m): 7:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
i relocated from jos to lagos because of this same people. i real sense of it we dont share anything in comon with this group of people but geographical location.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. they play radio but do not listen.  are they deaf or what?

I don't know . . . but hey, it is my experience.!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by roxell120(m): 7:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
hausa moslem spirit is deadly and dangerous
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Odunnu: 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
I'v spent about 70% of my life up in the north and I seem to understand how the Poster feels. Its even worse with christian hausas- northerners dont want them, southerners reject them.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Jenifa1: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
^ why do southerners reject them?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by namfav(m): 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

If you no gree,go die.Nigerians don yarn that they want a terrorist as their president.don't you understand ''simfle'' turenchi ?

go to hell you coward
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by roxell120(m): 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
can anyone see their similarity with the middle east.i cant forget the horrible picture of acts pepetrated by these heartless sons of ishmeal.GOD FORBID
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by k9ine(m): 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

Hausa are politically active. An average hausaman listen to 4 international radio station 3 times a day. Radio France, BBC, German radio, VOA, radio china and Iran. Given the above you expect them to be politically and internationally updated nd informed. On the side of religious well, I ve seen a lot of learned Islamic Cleric from the SW. But then the north has always produce the most learned Islamic scholars in 9jah. But the difference here is that a yoruba muslin has an additional advantage I.e. Education which enables you make rational decisions even when mislead by fanatical imans. This is what we are lacking in the north.
Relative true bro. Thank you 4 ur objectivity.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
Their is a positive side of being a hausaman. Like no body look at you as a drug pusher,a 419ner,and other social Vices associated with other tribes in Nigeria. But given the current circumstances I feel realy bad by the actions of my people.
BAck to the other topic.
The flow of information\news in the north is not restricted or control by the elites. But the way you Interpret the information or twist the information is what matters. If a dumb fanatical imans tells me that Christians are infidels I will not take him serious. Reason~ the holy quran never address the Christians as infidels but as people of the book. Any mention of infidels in the holy book is generally reserved for idol worshipers.

Sorry I ve to recharge my BB. I will be back.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
namfav:

go to hell you coward

sure we can go together and dont forget to bring buhari along since you hate simple truth.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
MY friend (Poster) we are all brothers and sisters and your pain is my pain. Your people are our people. You feel ashamed for them, i also feel ashamed for them and so should all of us. I am a Nigerian who happens to be Igbo . Contrary to popular belief, the igbo or southerners in general are not the hausa mans problem. Islam, the religion of peace (a hijacked religion) is also not the hausa mans problem. In fact i will take it even further by saying that if the north was economic reformation, embrace the investments coming in from the southerners (not burning them down).

the problem that most northerners fail to realize is that their leaders that they will kill for or die for has betrayed them. Power has been in the hands of northerners for majority of the country history and yet it is still ravaged by poverty. why why dont  they see what the rest of us are seeing?
[/size][size=8pt]
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by lanrubi(m): 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
why did u say at times, it should be always
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by namfav(m): 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
hahaha these f00ls trying to school us, just go to hell, maybe if we all mind our buisiness we would not have such mess
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by dempeople(m): 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Poster, You make serious sense in your wordings, really! I admire your sincerity here. Very unblemished and exemplary to your folks. On a serious note, NEVER EVER be ashamed of who you are. Just understand that the kind of people causing such problems on Northern streets, are found in every ethnic group in the country and so, Hausa isn't quite an exception here.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

The flow of information\news in the north is not restricted or control by the elites. But the way you Interpret the information or twist the information is what matters. If a dumb fanatical imans tells me that Christians are infidels I will not take him serious. Reason~ the holy quran never address the Christians as infidels but as people of the book. Any mention of infidels in the holy book is generally reserved for idol worshipers.

I have questions on your views . . . .hope you do not take any of them personal as you have made a lot of statements on this that I would really need a better picture on.

a) According to you, the uneducated are politically and religiously conscious--- I interprete that to mean they are more sensitive to issues that pertain to politics and this does not necessarily imply that have knowledge of what is really going on in politics both in their locale and Nigeria as a whole, is this true?

i) If true, then of what use is this consciousness to, say the average outsider? Is it any thing more than how conscious, say the average uneducated afghanistani is to his religion and the taliban( I say taliban because they have actually been ruled by those for so long it is a part of their way) ways?

ii) If false, then could you please expand on that bit?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by ajadrage: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
I love Nigeria and I love Nigerians, irrespective of tribe, religion or political ideology. But I do not love miscreants, hooligans and thugs, ruffians and schizophrenic individuals who unfortunately happen to be Nigerian citizens. While I appreciate the poster of the thread dissociating himself from the perrenial culture of violence that certain regions of the nation has been known for, I do not appreciate the fact that even on fora such as these, we have individuals who (supposedly educated and enlightened) making comments that rather than soothe frayed nerves fan the embers of division and hostility that primitive politicking has wrought on the hapless peoples. I urge the poster not to let the lunatic minority make him deny the rich culture, history and traditions of your people, "one bad apple don't spoil a whole bunch". For you to express such sentiment show that you are not one of those that resort to wantonness and impunity in the expression of your views and opinions, and where you are one you are a thousand and a thousand thousand.

Thankfully the miscreants would be caught. Mayhaps some good would come out of this after all, maybe the in-coming Jonathan administration would actually prosecute the perpetrators this time (to herald a shift in governance style of previous "maintain the status quo" arrangement). Maybe when we see criminals being prosecuted and made to face statutory sanctions irrespective of position, station or office, intending crim inals would have a rethink prior to letting hell loose.

Nigerians have proven that we can get it right more or less. Let this not be the smear on an otherwise calm electoral process. Many Southerners voted for the BB candidacy, just as Jonathan got a good number of Northern votes, so it is really beyond such sectional schisms. If we all take some time to realise that the process is actually more important than the outcome then we will begin to understand that the sacrifices of the past few weeks is a precursor to a more effective and efficient Nigeria. Nigeria will survive the domestic terrorists, the criminals garbed in robes of politicians and the primordial instincts of a few who cannot comprehend that the world is actually in the 21st century. . .
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
Having the information without the intellectual ability to realy comprehend it in logical sence is the fact in issue. Secondly comes the issue of exposure which is still lacking amongst my people. I started my secondary school in lagos Akande Dahunsi Memorial high school to be precise. I have seen the potentials in the SW. I did my NYSC in obagi Rivers State I saw the enormous potentials in the SS. Why am saying all this is that an average uneducated northerner and even some educated ones with little or no exposure knew that Nigeria relies on oil revenue from the SS. Here the info is there. But the drop zone is that few ever realize that the north will be noting more than a glorified Niger Republic without the SS oil proceeds. This is the point am trying to put across. A landlocked northern Nigeria used to cheap petrochemical dollers will be catastrophic.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by ajadrage: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yeah, and the avergae northern political elite is to blame not you brother. They have left the vast population of northerners ignorant and under-developed just for them to be able to manipulate them as they are doing today. Quite unfortunate, but do not despair, a focused leadership (even if not Jonathan's) will rectify that in due time, but the democratic process must continue non-stop. . .
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Phonon: 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
You need not be ashamed.It is your leaders who have enslaved your people.Several military heads of state of northern extraction,yet the region is still underdeveloped and its people come to the South to enjoy all the benefits of a 'good life'.People who deserve to get things on merit will have to be pushed aside for idiots who refused to go to school,all in the name of federal character or whatever.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by deols(f): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
NAIJA_SOM:

MY friend (Poster) we are all brothers and sisters and your pain is my pain. Your people are our people. You feel ashamed for them, i also feel ashamed for them and so should all of us. I am a Nigerian who happens to be Igbo . Contrary to popular belief, the igbo or southerners in general are not the hausa mans problem. Islam, the religion of peace (a hijacked religion) is also not the hausa mans problem. In fact i will take it even further by saying that if the north was economic reformation, embrace the investments coming in from the southerners (not burning them down).

the problem that most northerners fail to realize is that their leaders that they will kill for or die for has betrayed them. Power has been in the hands of northerners for majority of the country history and yet it is still ravaged by poverty. why why dont  they see what the rest of us are seeing?
[/size][size=8pt]

i thnk dat is wat dey just realised nd is d reason dey'r attackn d elites
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by fyomer: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
namfav:

Another terrorist on NL.When IWU was there you almost bursted,now JEGA,you burted,and imagine what you are filled with, smelling margot,bitterness,hatred,shit,cow dung etc.why dont you embrace the spirit of sportmanship.Buhari will keep going to court until he get tired,so go advice him,by the way is he coming back to pick his forgotten portfolio.Northerners are never satified with others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mohammed Abacha Decamps To PDP / Yusuf Datti Demonstrates How To Vote For Labour Party In Hausa (video). / Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.