Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (19099 Views)

I Read This Post And I Feel Ashamed Of My Country...... No Unity And Love Again! / If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Oshiomhole Fires Back At Okonjo-Iweala "You Should Be Ashamed..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by seyigiggle: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2011
i do not really want to make comment here but i am forced o do so bearing my concience.

@me aboki
i know your type but i must say that you are such a jackass, i doubt if you are not one of those aboki that partake in the recent  voilence.

I am watching out for the day nigeria will fianaly devide; bearing in mind that any ethics or tribe is eligible to be preident in his country and for the north, their time is expired for now cos i dont think the next president will be a northerner.

the north beilves they must always rule meanwhile they have nothing (resources except intellect) to offer this country, they are setting us back. all they do is to loot our treasury and develop theimselves.

nothern leaders are the greatest problem of the north, they refuce to educate ttier people so that they can manipulate them for their own selfish gains; they give them fish intead of teaching them how to catch the fish, as we can see in the case of buhari, it can never happen is the west.
i am very sorry for the future of the northern youth. ask anyone from the north, they are mostly trained by their uncles in government that is what they live on so they have to fight for it
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2011
Onlytruth:

hehehe! I never thought I'd ever see ndu_chucks talking about secession, even if remotely.
So, some of us are not mad afterall.

Sai one Nigeria! grin grin grin cool

Don't get excited, olodo. The point is that the North can be self sufficient without the ND oil. As a practical matter, you people are not going to secede anytime soon, you lost the war - remember? GEJ is not going to convene any national conference which could lead to the seccession of any region.

Its actually in your best interest to work closely with GEJ and ensure that you collect your due payments for harlotry voting/rigging en mass for him.

SAI ONE NIJERIA indeed.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Yeah! Its really pathetic to a Hausa man in this modern day Nigeria. Why haven't we witness violence/riots from those places when Buhari contested against Yaradua, An election which was categorise as the worst in human history??

Sometimes i wonder whats driving out goats from the bush to be causing trouble??. Little wonder everyone sees you as a pest/parasite.

I supported Buhari and stiil do, But i will never be part of any violence/unnecessary loss of human life.

kano/kaduna/jos, you guys really sucks!

My massage  to you PEOPLE is to drop your violent nature or be prepared to face the full consequencies.  No room for this poo in 21st century. nuff said.

This is where we have a problem with the religion.

A significant proportion of members of the religion are fed these cult-like brothers and sisters philosophy.

And there is a perception of existential superiority that encourages the killing and suppression of infidels (non-believers in the religion).
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by MeAboki(m): 11:28am On Apr 20, 2011
@seyigiggle

As for your insult, I have only one thing to say to you; your type is the one languishing in jail in the diaspora, having swallowed 500g of cocaine or strapped same on his child and got caught - all for the love of money, while giving Nigeria a bad name - and you are not even ashamed to come here to and open you yeye mouth angry  

As for the nonsense you wrote above, I am not even going to bother to reply until you go back to school and learn how construct balanced arguments - I would like to assume that the numerous AK47 you spilled above are in fact typos; but for somebody like you, I am sure I must be wrong. cool

freegaza:

Me Aboki, Allah yasa ka a Aljanna

Amin, nagode grin
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 11:56am On Apr 20, 2011
@ me aboki
Well said.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
namfav:

protesting is protected by the constitution abeg, let the people protest, the youth are the future, if we stay dormant like zombies who will bring the change?do you think they are handing out roses in libya?  it is obvious that the elections were rigged, see how jonathan did in christian areas compare to buhari, and you expect him to do well in muslim areas? inec needs to come out and tell the north the truth

Are you on drugs?

Who told you the right to protest violently is under the constitution?

Who told you the right to kill/maim whilst protesting is under the constitution?

And the elections was not rigged more in the North?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2011
Blu Malam:

I am Hausa/Fulani, I am a CHRISTIAN. I am half Bini, yeah, south south
The Christian Hausa community has never EVER been violent/never have/had violent tendencies, we are always at the receiving end of all kinds of persecution, but always take the high road. We are Hausa Fulani.

My friend, please ask a trusted religious leader why JIHAD (Holy War) is preached in your faith, then you will understand that the Muslim Hausa rub off their violent inclinations on the generality of the Hausa tribe.

I will never be ashamed of being a HAUSA MAN. ★

Well said!

jakigaga:

I dont feel ashamed to be called a hausaman or cattle rearer or aboki or mallam,am also not ashamed of my religion.i dont like the violence but what do you think would happen if you have millions of unemployed and a few elite with money to throw around.they had it coming for years.change was need and i think this election served as the catalyst.it is time for them to act and save the future of their children.40yrs and we have nothing to show for it except a greedy elite.maybe now we can have trained teachers for our children,health care and housing for our people.our leaders will now sit up knowing that the monsters that they have created will surely consume them someday.

Well said!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by andyanders: 12:38pm On Apr 20, 2011
THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY IS THE HOUSAS=NORTHERNERS. MAYBE BECAUSE OF THEIR LOW IQ OF MOST OF THEM. PEOPLE WHO FAIL TO REASON. THEY HAVE RULED THIS COUNTRY MORE THAN ANY OTHER TRIBE. HOW CAN BUHARI REJECT THIS ELECTION AND ALSO ACN=RIBADU? BECAUSE OF THE ATTITUDE OF THE NORTHERNERS, MOST OF THE WEALTH STOLEN FROM THE SOUTH HAS BEEN USED TO DEVELOP THE NORTH BY THEIR PAST LEADERS.
PEOPLE VOTED JONATHAN AS A PERSON AND NOT PDP. I HATE PDP WITH A PASSION. PDP CAN NEVER WIN AGAIN AFTER JONATHAN. WHY MUST THESE NORTHERN YOUTHS BE USED BY THEIR LEADERS? MOST OF THEIR LEADERS, THEIR CHILDREN SCHOOL AND LIVE ABROAD. WHILE THESE USELESS YOUTHS FROM THE NORTH GO ABOUT KILLING SOUTHERNERS AND EASTERNERS?

IS HIGH TIME, THEY CARVE THEMSELVES OUT FROM NIGERIA, IF THEY CANNOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER TRIBE TO LEAD. THEY SHOULD FORGET 2015 ‘COS IS FOR EASTERNERS. IDIOTS
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2011
Princek12:

the article below will hopefully shed some light on the why almajiri school system that is so pervasive in the North should be outlawed. the almajiri system teaches pupils to learn the Quran at a young age, which is pretty much all they learn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7796109.stm

Making such suggestion would be seen as an attack on Islam. undecided

As I said, the North has bloody reetarded leaders!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Cyborg2011: 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Making such suggestion would be seen as an attack on Islam. undecided

As I said, the North has bloody reetarded leaders!

So now the attack is on Islam again, you really miss the point, you are just showing your hatred to Islam and Muslims in general, and why can you focus on the topic at hand.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2011
Cyborg2011:

So now the attack is on Islam again, you really miss the point, you are just showing your hatred to Islam and Muslims in general, and why can you focus on the topic at hand.

Explain to me how that is an attack on islam?

I wait.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2011
@Ndu_chuks(also any other Hausa folk on here), it is claim, that the average uneducated Hausa individual is exposed to [b]international [/b]sources of information(i.e VON, BBC, Radio France etc) at least 3 times a day, plausible ??
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Princek12(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
Sorry, your knowledge of the North is definitely limited and confined only to your travel experience there, while I was born, bred and still living in the North and moreover witnessed the rioting directly - not fed the information through hearsay.
I bet you don't even understand the Hausa man's language let alone understand his mindset.
Your statements are basically derived from preconceived notions and stereotyping we hear everyday from ill-informed and misinformed Southerners, especially from those like you, blinded by bigotry and hatred of Northerners driven by a false sense of superiority simply because you can string a few sentences in English.  I can see you've even coined a new definition of illiteracy, just for own convenience, oh how quaint.
For an educated man you seem to reason (and you are not alone) that the singular office of the president or head of state is the alpha and omega of power that determines the destiny of Nigerians and Nigeria as a country - hence the scrambling by ethnicities for the coveted office - and how so wrong you and your can be.
Yes, now that Jonathan is in office, lets just see how he can direct the national treasury towards Southern interests at expense of other parts of the country.

For an educated man, you fail to see that the real problem for Nigeria is nothing other than singular issue of corruption, which does not discriminate between its perpetrators and victims - whether Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba; Muslim or Christian.
You seem to think that because Jonathan is president then your lives in the South would automatically change for the better.

Yes, Northerners have indeed led this country for a good chunk of its history, but were equally aided and abetted by Southerners who formed the bulk of their advisers and government machinery. Therefore, if Northerners leaders failed this country while in the helm of affairs, Southerners also should equally, have a share of the blame.

The issue my friend is that of bad leaders, if that is not the case I also should ask, what have your own leaders e.g.governors done for you. How have they transformed your state, with the extra 13% derivation funds from crude revenue - if not to divert it into their own pockets. Oh yes, your leaders are the best in governance after all we had OBJ.

It is unfortunate, that an educated man like you would fully embrace the backwardness and retrogressive tendency of tribal and religious politics instead of moving forward towards a selection process that would give us the best possible leader - irrespective of: where he or she comes from, his religion or ethnicity; but based on good leadership qualities such as integrity, intelligence, wisdom, experience, education, dedication, commitment, clarity of purpose, transparency etc.

Bottom line, PDP the most corrupt party of all times is de-voiding us of these important values, and sadly you an educated man seem happy to go long with it, without question

Like  I earlier said, don't forget to come back after a year or so and tell us how much Jonathan and PDP has improved your life.  

Me_Aboki,

If you are a truly dignified and forthright person, you should be willing to repudiate any wrongdoing, even if that wrongdoing was perpetrated by members of your tribe. That is why to move forward.

I have not coined the definition of illiteracy. You are just willing to accept your own definition. Not being able to read and write is just one of the definitions of illiteracy. See the definition below from dictionary.com
il·lit·er·ate   
[ih-lit-er-it]  Show IPA
–adjective
unable to read and write: an illiterate group.
having or demonstrating very little or no education.
showing lack of culture, especially in language and literature.
displaying a marked lack of knowledge in a particular field: He is musically illiterate.
–noun

Those almajiri youth clearly fall within definition number 2 because they have little or no education.

Also, in Nigeria not being able to speak, write, or understand English is indicative of illiteracy. Most, if not all, of the instructional materials used in schools are written in English, barring language classes, so it only follows that the inability of a significant number of people in the north to speak, read, or write in English is indicative of their having little or no education.

Under the guise of religion, northern leaders have deprived too many northern youths of education so that they can oppress them and subordinate them to their command, making them vulnerable to thuggery. Instead of you to condemn these practice, you appear to justify it.

My governor, Gov. Fashola, has definitely transformed my state, as Gov. Fashola has clearly set a standard by which all other governors are being judged. So, yes, the Gov. of my state is definitely doing a whole lot given the circumstances.

And corruption is not the singular issue that is facing Nigeria; corruption is just one of the issues. According to you, electing a honest, illiterate who has no clue about how to rule a country will singularly solve Nigeria's problem. That is simplistic reasoning at best. Nigeria's problems are corruption, power, infrastructure, etc. Corruption is just one of the problems, but not the sole problem. Buhari campaigned primarily as an anti-corruption champion without offering any reasonable plans, in my view, to create a sustainable Nigeria, especially in creating a power sector devoid of government control. There are several countries with leaders arguably more corrupt than Nigeria, but these countries have at least stable electricity, decent infrastructure, etc. For example, among others, you have Mubarak of Egypt, Ghadaffi of Libya, Hugo Chavez of Venezuala. In all these countries, you at least have stable power and a decent infrastructure.

Besides  the corruption issue, Nigeria has had a history of electing illiterate Northerners to power, all of which who not only lack the know-how to create an advanced society, but who also put religion ahead of individual rights.

I hope that a law is created that requires children to have a basic education, and they can learn their religion in conjunction with the basic education. All those almajiri schools, in which only the Quran is thought, should be abolished. The constitutional should be amended to remove the provision of Sharia courts, as it allows a government to establish and support a religion over all other religions. The Nigerian Constitution should focus on protecting the fundamental rights of individual Nigerians, not the collective rights of a religious group. Equal treatment for everyone under the law.

It is a shame that while the Mideast is going through a revolution and fighting for freedom, northern Nigeria is retrogressing by embracing a culture that deprives people of freedom. They are embracing the culture that is being rejected by the Middle Easterners themselves.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by freegaza(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2011
Kobojunkie YEAH RYT.I grew up watchin my father listening to dis news every day 6:00am he would listen to voa hausa and then 6:30am is bbc hausa.When it is 7:00am it is dutch hausa.There is also hausa news in iran,china and france.There is news in the afternon n in d nyt as well for all d stations
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
freegaza:

Kobojunkie YEAH RYT.I grew up watchin my father listening to dis news every day 6:00am he would listen to voa hausa and then 6:30am is bbc hausa.When it is 7:00am it is dutch hausa.There is also hausa news in iran,china and france.There is news in the afternon n in d nyt as well for all d stations

Please I have questions

a) May I ask if your father is uneducated? If yes
i) Did he listen to just news on all those channels? Or did he also spend equal amounts of time listening to broadcasts of other kinds
ii) How much time would you say he spent listening to other broadcasts compared to just news feeds
iii)Was he prone to listening to biased news or just news from unbiased sources
b) How would you say all the information you say he spent so much time paying attention to affected him, as a human being, an individual in your local community, and lastly as a Nigerian living in the North.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by nduchucks: 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2011
@kobojunkie, I'd agree with that statement provided the uneducated in question is limited to roadside vendors, traders, and the employed among them.

They indeed listen to BBC and other international news, religiously.
Most of the unemployed among them get their news from Imams or the streets, if they are not moslems.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2011
The truth is that the Northern Nigeria will continue like this anytime thay want to make a protest because the real criminals get away. BB were already saying the North will be wild if bb does not win IMO this are the people we should hold responsible.Did you see the young kids caught during the protest alot of them were under fifteen, homeless, uneducated and feel they have nothing to live for with the believe that if they kill some xtians they are going to spend eternity with 20 virgins. If you were in their shoes you may have done same.

The blame goes to leadership at every level in Northern Nigeria. everybody knows how these children end up becoming beggars nobody does anything about it. The only use Buhari has for them is to be shouting sai Buhari. Now that is happening we are discussing it tomorrow we will all forget this ever happened and everything will go back to business as usual the hungry kids littering the streets with no hope and being available for the next protest.

The real problem is clear leadership, leadership that is not hinged on religion alone, leadership that seeks to improve the lot of the poorest in the society. This is the real problem in the North. what or how has any of their leaders tried to erase the almajiri system.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 3:19pm On Apr 20, 2011
andromida:

The truth is that the Northern Nigeria will continue like this anytime thay want to make a protest because the real criminals get away. BB were already saying the North will be wild if bb does not win IMO this are the people we should hold responsible.Did you see the young kids caught during the protest alot of them were under fifteen, homeless, uneducated and feel they have nothing to live for with the believe that if they kill some xtians they are going to spend eternity with 20 virgins. If you were in their shoes you may have done same.

The blame goes to leadership at every level in Northern Nigeria. everybody knows how these children end up becoming beggars nobody does anything about it. The only use Buhari has for them is to be shouting sai Buhari. Now that is happening we are discussing it tomorrow we will all forget this ever happened and everything will go back to business as usual the hungry kids littering the streets with no hope and being available for the next protest.

The real problem is clear leadership, leadership that is not hinged on religion alone, leadership that seeks to improve the lot of the poorest in the society. This is the real problem in the North. what or how has any of their leaders tried to erase the almajiri system.

GBAM!

And this is why the south decided not to vote for a Northerner. They have reetarded leaders and have a record of producing reetarded leaders for us to vote for.

Imagine the cretins that lead their Arewa Consultative Forum producing Atiku as someone to vote for.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-536766.448.html#msg7003997

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-536766.672.html#msg7199606
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Odunnu: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2011
Is it about the religion that they are so backward?I dont see this dearth sweeping other ethnic muslims. So what is really pulling them away from western education? Now we've agreed that being uneducated has alot to do in ths regular upheaval
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

Is it about the religion that they are so backward?I dont see this dearth sweeping other ethnic muslims. So what is really pulling them away from western education? Now we've agreed that being uneducated has alot to do in ths regular upheaval

Lack of Education/Self-Development + Interpretation/Teachings of the religion and its place/importance + Lack of Historical Consequence for Similar Actions + Poor/Cruel Local Leadership
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by rill: 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
Now i am so sure that d northerners dont want a new Nigeria cos if u actually  do u would shut d F up and pray for God to help d new 'PRESIDENT ELECT' give us all a better life. Am pretty sure u haters dont mind praying for d next four years that Goodluck Jonathan should fail as a president just to prove whatever stupid points u av against him, so fucking lame!!!
mehn, u guys deserve to be packed in large hall and blown right away, awon oloriburuku angry angry angry
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Odunnu: 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
What is pulling the Northern muslims away from western education?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

What is pulling the Northern muslims away from western education?

Poor leadership and misguided interpretation of Islam.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by JaaizTech: 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
Sagamite:

GBAM!
andromida:

Let me first reiterate the poster's essence. I feel very ashamed of what has happened and it is despicable. I am not Hausa but associate myself with them a lot and I live in the north, Kaduna to be precise. I witnessed this mayhem firsthand although I live in an elite's area hence we didn't feel the effect much, but one of the Hausa-Muslim PDP Politician's house in my area was vandalised and his cars were burnt. These actions are inexcusable, I blame the whole community. I was in a state of shock when I saw the very little kids that were carrying out this mayhem, they were as young as 5 years old,for them they were just having fun, it was like an aluta thing; of course at the time of the rage, no one dared to cross their path, but after the whole saga I still saw them walking around looking innocent and oblivious of the greatness of the calamity they have caused.But again to my surprise no one dared question them, I don't know if it was fear or what, everyone was barely just pointing. I felt pissed, I felt like lining them up and giving them the beating of their life, but then i know if they would be another crisis I would be the number one target.

While we all stood outside in fear and shock, discussing the incidence. One of my friends(An Hausa guy), said exactly what the poster just said ", very soon if people ask me if I am Hausa, I will tell them No I am not, ", He then went on to remind us of what one of his professor's told him, that the crisis we see in the north is the crisis between the rich and the poor, the oppressor and the oppressed. Then it occurred to me, that all those boys who came to unleash this mayhem, were not from our immediate neighbourhood but from the surrounding ghetto, all their lives they had probably be looking at this rich men enjoying so much wealth, driving fantastic cars, living in magnificient houses while they just a few metres away from them are wallowing in poverty, they had been sowing the hatred. But still this excuses are not good enough. The Hausa community needs to check herself, it is better that some of the Hausa elites themselves were hit, this way they would realise how much they themselves have allowed decadence to thrive in their own society.

I'll end by calling out to my Hausa brothers, to stop being cowards and come out openly to condemn these acts, lets stop being sentimental; I have heard friends trying to justify that they had no intentions of attacking xtians and burning churches, that it was the area boys that did all that on their own volition; they claim they were only after the evil people (PDP members), but this is are at best rubbish excuses. No body has any right to attack anyone, since the day we signed up for this democracy we knew it was a win some lose some game. Lastly, I will like to call on our xtain and southern Kaduna brothers to also temper justice with mercy, even though they are lucky they never get the spotlight for the attrocities they commit in the name of retaliation, i will call on them to sheath their swords too.Enough Mosques/Church have been burnt, enough friends, neighbours and colleagues have been killed, it is time to end this hatred between ourselves.

Lastly it isn't true that anyone is killing because of 20 virgins, because these people carrying out these mayhem mostly don't even know how to read the Quran, they mostly don't even know about the verse that talks about the , virgins; they are people whom have been dehumanised from childhood, they have known nothing but hardship, they have known to survive through cruelty, they have been exploited from birth by so called Alfas that don't teach them anything, but use them as beggars so as to feed his own family.But again I blame the community, they turned a blind eye to all these ills and perhaps it is better if it starts hunting them.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ kobojunkie
I now fully comprehend your questions and here is my answers.
It is an undeniable fact that 70% of hausas listen to more than 3 international radio stations 3 times a day. But the problem here is that most of the stations devotes most of their airtime to current affairs and little or no documentary program. Given if I for instance listen to VOA and BBC hausa service I only get informed of the latest sucide bomb blast in Iraq, an earthquake in Japan, drug violence in Mexico and the local news in Nigeria. If you constantly get these feeds on a daily basis it will not in any way Make you more educated or tolerant. The only advantage is that you are up to date with the latest international event. However, of recent the BBC have taken the lead in introducing programs that enlightened the listener and educational in content. Issues such as HIV, hygiene,family issues, gender equality, polio ad a host of other social issues are discussed, and in most cases presented in form of drama. This new trend started with the BBC and othe
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 1025: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2011
Why can't we let go without these violence.
Why can't we be like other Muslims.
Our Muslim brothers in northern Ghana, Cameroon and other African state.
I thank god this is the last time buhari will ever present himself for election. With is retirement no any other northern politician from the north will generate such emotion and crowd.
I also thank god most of the victims were pdp barons, who are also part of the problem.

Note. I may regret my tribe but not my religion which shud be dis associated with this mayhem.

@O.Poster,
do u know of any nigerian that is not ashamed to be a nigerian? what is positive about this country or what can one be proud of in this country? do u know of any country that is still in darkness in this modern time? what we call free and fair election in nigeria saw more than 50 bombs explode and over 200 persons dead with properties worth of billions destroyed. free and fair indeed.
chief Raymond Dokpesi accussation by the federal govt of been behind the oct 1st 2010 was a political trick to make him a jonathan's loyalist by force and we call that free and fair election. two igbo pdp chairmen were forced out of office for not supporting the political manouvers of pdp.
when we (Igbos) introduced coup in nigeria, we did not know it will end up favouring the northerners today we are celebrating a political gambling that will end up favouring the northerners. the only sure ways of ensuring that every region of this country gets involved and well represented in the polity is zoning but with what we have on board today, we will end up as perpetual servants to the north because jonathan will never hold on forever.
any day this power goes back to the north, i am sure the other parts of this country will start complaining.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2011
And other radio stations are introducing new programs as against the traditional system of only news nothing more.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2011
do u know of any nigerian that is not ashamed to be a nigerian?

speak for yourself plz.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Sagamite(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2011
JaaizTech:

Let me first reiterate the poster's essence. I feel very ashamed of what has happened and it is despicable. I am not Hausa but associate myself with them a lot and I live in the north, Kaduna to be precise. I witnessed this mayhem firsthand although I live in an elite's area hence we didn't feel the effect much, but one of the Hausa-Muslim PDP Politician's house in my area was vandalised and his cars were burnt. These actions are inexcusable, I blame the whole community. I was in a state of shock when I saw the very little kids that were carrying out this mayhem, they were as young as 5 years old,for them they were just having fun, it was like an aluta thing; of course at the time of the rage, no one dared to cross their path, but after the whole saga I still saw them walking around looking innocent and oblivious of the greatness of the calamity they have caused.But again to my surprise no one dared question them, I don't know if it was fear or what, everyone was barely just pointing. I felt pissed, I felt like lining them up and giving them the beating of their life, but then i know if they would be another crisis I would be the number one target.

[b]While we all stood outside in fear and shock, discussing the incidence. One of my friends(An Hausa guy), said exactly what the poster just said ", very soon if people ask me if I am Hausa, I will tell them No I am not, ", He then went on to remind us of what one of his professor's told him, that the crisis we see in the north is the crisis between the rich and the poor, the oppressor and the oppressed. Then it occurred to me, that all those boys who came to unleash this mayhem, were not from our immediate neighbourhood but from the surrounding ghetto, all their lives they had probably be looking at this rich men enjoying so much wealth, driving fantastic cars, living in magnificient houses while they just a few metres away from them are wallowing in poverty, they had been sowing the hatred. [/b]But still this excuses are not good enough. The Hausa community needs to check herself, it is better that some of the Hausa elites themselves were hit, this way they would realise how much they themselves have allowed decadence to thrive in their own society.

I'll end by calling out to my Hausa brothers, to stop being cowards and come out openly to condemn these acts, lets stop being sentimental; I have heard friends trying to justify that they had no intentions of attacking xtians and burning churches, that it was the area boys that did all that on their own volition; they claim they were only after the evil people (PDP members), but this is are at best rubbish excuses. No body has any right to attack anyone, since the day we signed up for this democracy we knew it was a win some lose some game. Lastly, I will like to call on our xtain and southern Kaduna brothers to also temper justice with mercy, even though they are lucky they never get the spotlight for the attrocities they commit in the name of retaliation, i will call on them to sheath their swords too.Enough Mosques/Church have been burnt, enough friends, neighbours and colleagues have been killed, it is time to end this hatred between ourselves.

That is why I said Poor/Cruel Leadership!

They are happy to milk the nation, do nothing for their people and then leave their people in abject poverty to maximise opportunity of servitude, acolytism and self-importance/pride.

There is an unbelievably strong and unhealthy culture of aristocracy and proletariat in the North. And the gap between these two groups is so shockingly wide and is intentionally kept wide by these leaders.

JaaizTech:

Lastly it isn't true that anyone is killing because of 20 virgins, because these people carrying out these mayhem mostly don't even know how to read the Quran, they mostly don't even know about the verse that talks about the , virgins; they are people whom have been dehumanised from childhood, they have known nothing but hardship, they have known to survive through cruelty, they have been exploited from birth by so called Alfas that don't teach them anything, but use them as beggars so as to feed his own family.But again I blame the community, they turned a blind eye to all these ills and perhaps it is better if it starts hunting them.

And if you highlight this, some reetards will turn around and say it is because you hate Islam and it is an attack on Islam.

I don't know how many of IBB, Atiku, Yerima, Ciroma etc's kids are taken to some god-forsaken, reetarded madrassa to be Almajiris.

But they let their oppressed ruin their kids life.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ tpiah thanks Jare
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by bagaha: 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
Look u are not Hausa and u dont need 2camouflage- we the hausa are used to all sought of abuse on nairaland.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2011
@bahaga
I came to nairaland years before you knew how to operate a keyboard. Want to find out if am a hausaman meet me at bakin kasuwa, kusa da gidan mallam tijjani, kila town gwaram LGA jigawa state. Or izala mosque gida dubu junction dutse jigawa. Just ask for goje or baban yasira then me and you will see you is a real hausaman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Herdsmen: Defend Yourselves, Ohanaeze Tells Igbo - Sahara Reporters / Paul Boro Spends N157.2m On Armoured Car, And Other Cars – ThisDay / EndSARS: ‘Truth Needs No Defence’, DJ Switch Speaks On Panel’s Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.