Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (123588 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Victosa: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2022
You need a work permit visa, for you to be eligible for a work permit visa, your family friend need to issue you an employment letter that meet the minimum requirement of migrationverkket. E.g 13k sek before tax salary, health insurance etc. Check migrationverkket website for more information

lifestyle1:
Hello everyone,

Please I need advice on how to go about this.

I have a family friend in Sweden who owns a music recording company and I intend to work with him as a digital music promoter.

What type of Visa should I apply for and the process to follow.

I will appreciate every information available.

Thanks.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2022
Ask your friend I’m sure he is on the better endz to help

lifestyle1:
Hello everyone,

Please I need advice on how to go about this.

I have a family friend in Sweden who owns a music recording company and I intend to work with him as a digital music promoter.

What type of Visa should I apply for and the process to follow.

I will appreciate every information available.

Thanks.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by lifestyle1(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2022
Wrap46:
Ask your friend I’m sure he is on the better endz to help

There's a reason I'm asking here. He may be relunctant to give me all the information I need.

But if I have all the information I need, I will know what's possible and what's not when I approach him.

Thank you for your input.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2022
lifestyle1:

There's a reason I'm asking here. He may be relunctant to give me all the information I need.

But if I have all the information I need, I will know what's possible and what's not when I approach him.

Thank you for your input.
Why would he be reluctant when you have an agreement to go and work with him? He is, like someone has told you, in the best position to advise you because he knows the details of your contract with him.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2022
The next thing I want to drop here is transport within Stockholm
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 11:37am On Jun 02, 2022
Thanks for such an eye opening response
Lionize:

Why would he be reluctant when you have an agreement to go and work with him? He is, like someone has told you, in the best position to advise you because he knows the details of your contract with him.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Duby2288(m): 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please house I got admission in Linnaeus University, which is supposed to start by 28th of August. My question is, is it possible for me to defer my admission so I can be able to start later in the year. If possible I wish to start anytime from November to February.
Again is there any November (2022) to February (2023) in take ? If I defer my admission.
Due to some circumstances around that wouldn't make be to in Sweden by August.
Please I need advice and insight on this
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
I had mentioned how you need monthly tickets to move around Stockholm at a much cheaper fee. If you live very close to school, you can walk to school, or get a bicycle to move around, or if you own a car. In that case, since you don't need to move around daily using the public transport, you may not need the monthly card but pay-as-you.

If you need to use the train and bus, then let's go.
The major company handling the public transport system in Stockholm is called SL (logo shown on the green card). There are two main plastic cards you need, the blue and the green (first image). The blue card is cheaper (the green has some privileges I don't really need as a student).

There are two ways to recharge your card:
1. Go to the train station and ask the desk officer (someone is there 24/7 ) to recharge your card accordingly, you can pay cash here. You hand him/her your card and he loads it using the small device beside him and hands you your card. You are good to go.

2 The second means is you doing it yourself using the SL app (can be downloaded from play store). You can buy the discounted ticket (make sure you have downloaded your Student's ID on your phone, incase if ticket control comes checking for tickets in the train). Once they flash their device on your card or the QR code on your phone screen, the next thing they will ask is your student ID (it has to be the one on the student ID app (STUK.CO)).

To enter the bus, you place your card (the blue on the blue surface marked 1 in the 2nd image and the green card or the QR code generated from your phone on the glass screen with green borders marked 2 in the pix). If you are using your debit card to PAYG, then place it on the same surface you use the green card and QR code from your phone.

At the train station, you do the same to automatically open the little gate for passage. Once you are inside the train station, you don't need to use your card anymore until you exit at any station. When exiting, the door opens automatically without using any card (na commot you dey commot).

You should also download the map that shows the entire train routes in Stockholm (3rd image) from play store, it is called 'stockholm metro map'). The only routes not there are the trams (the trains inside the cities and inner ciities, eg, tvabanna and Roslagsbanan). This will show you which train to enter and how to go from.where to where.

Finally, you need to download an app 'sthlm travelling' . This tells you the details of combination of trains and buses (including the train and bus numbers) to take from one address in stockholm to another address. This is a very useful tool.

I don tire, later if I remember any other thing I go add, have lots to do.

3 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sadly post covid and back to on-campus learning, No, you cannot. Your spot will be given to someone else ready to take the opportunity and you will reapply against the next intake.
No, there is no November or February intake in Sweden. Not every country is like the UK that's after your pocket size and offers year-round intakes grin grin grin. But I sympathise with you on not being able to make it for August. Next time will be better. Goodluck.
Duby2288:
Please house I got admission in Linnaeus University, which is supposed to start by 28th of August. My question is, is it possible for me to defer my admission so I can be able to start later in the year. If possible I wish to start anytime from November to February.
Again is there any November (2022) to February (2023) in take ? If I defer my admission.
Due to some circumstances around that wouldn't make be to in Sweden by August.
Please I need advice and insight on this
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by lifestyle1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
Lionize:

I Never said there's any agreement between us or any contract.

Please read my post again.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
lifestyle1:

I Never said there's any agreement between us or any contract.

Please read my post again.

I didn't explicitly say so too, but your post suggested you have some sort of agreement with the person.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by lifestyle1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
Lionize:

I didn't explicitly say so too, but your post suggested you have some sort of agreement with the person.

No agreement bro.

I intend to pitch my service to him so I need to know what's possible and what's not before I proceed.

Thanks.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Peach your proposal first and you must definitely get an answer from him �
lifestyle1:

No agreement bro.

I intend to pitch my service to him so I need to know what's possible and what's not before I proceed.

Thanks.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by lifestyle1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Wrap46:
Peach your proposal first and you must definitely get an answer from him �

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Giftmitch(f): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2022
I found this question as I was filling out the forms on the Swedish immigration website: Describe why you have chosen these studies (state the benefit you expect to gain from the studies).
I input my answer, but I got a response of Invalid Character. I don't know what it means and what next do. Can you help put me through this?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:36am On Jun 04, 2022
make sure you don't put any punctuation marks
Giftmitch:
I found this question as I was filling out the forms on the Swedish immigration website: Describe why you have chosen these studies (state the benefit you expect to gain from the studies).
I input my answer, but I got a response of Invalid Character. I don't know what it means and what next do. Can you help put me through this?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Giftmitch(f): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mobil567:
make sure you don't put any punctuation marks
Thanks much appreciated
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ifesinachi147: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Hello all, I applied for residence permit and today I received an email to make an appointment with the Swedish embassy.. Does anyone have the link to book the appointment? Please your kind and urgent information will be appreciated.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2022
There’s no link. You have to call or send them an email to book a date for interview.
Them I mean by the embassy in Abuja
Ifesinachi147:
Hello all, I applied for residence permit and today I received an email to make an appointment with the Swedish embassy.. Does anyone have the link to book the appointment? Please your kind and urgent information will be appreciated.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Victosa: 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
Do you know if it is an interview or just biometrics...sorry to ask, when did you apply? Are you travelling alone or with family?

Ifesinachi147:
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
At least 90% of applicants from Nigeria since 2020 ending till date have been asked to go for an interview. This is regardless of applying alone or with family.

Only scholarship holders are usually of that hook.
Victosa:
Do you know if it is an interview or just biometrics...sorry to ask, when did you apply? Are you travelling alone or with family?

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Okstar11: 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2022
Does immigration contact bank to confirm if the amount on account statement is available on the application account?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Rainbow10: 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hello All........
Is it possible applying for BSC degrees in Sweden?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by mbachidi: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2022
Yes
Okstar11:
Does immigration contact bank to confirm if the amount on account statement is available on the application account?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Analysist: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2022
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:46am On Jun 11, 2022
Sweden is expensive, we no dey budget here grin grin grin.
If you cant afford transportation, use your legs if you have them.
For eating out and grocery, prices are quite similar. So maybe embark on fasting to avoid the cost.
If this place is above your budget, cut your trip short and don't return again. But Thanks for coming wink cool
Analysist:
Do we have people already in Sweden here?

I need some help please!
First of all how the bleep do you guys manage in this country? 145 SEK for a Sharwama and extra rice? Na Gold meat dem dey use? 130 SEK for a piece of cake and 2 donuts? 60+ SEK for a bottle of coke and 2 water bottles?
Mehn, these prices are outrageous!

I am in Sweden for the weekend, I need the budget guide on how to live here before they will run me down. How do I travel around and shop for groceries on a budget please?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Analysist: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
maybe you came with a visit visa and intend to remain here. Because if you really came for the weekend as a genuine tourist, the cost shouldn’t make you come to nairaland to cry. Moreover you should have had an idea of the place before visiting. Your story no clear again
Tell us the real truth grin grin
Analysist:
I have always wondered why Nigerians are so faul, have poor courtesy and hospitality? I refuse to believe it has anything to do with the culture. Maybe exposure, just maybe.

If anybody has any meaningful contribution or suggestion please feel free to share. Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by msttolusola(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
Is dere jobs for foreigners in sweden.

Compare to UK
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
Logical question that you alone can answer.
msttolusola:
Is dere jobs for foreigners in sweden.

Compare to UK
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

Just moved to Canada from Sweden after 8years living in Sweden.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
Big congratulations
Wrap46:
Hi everyone,

Just moved to Canada from Sweden after 8years living in Sweden.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (62) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.