Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (123581 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Analysist: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
tack.

Mobil567:
Big congratulations
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ggetter50: 7:49am On Jun 12, 2022
Hello guys!

Please, what are the legal ways to stay back in Sweden after studies?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2022
find a job, start a business etc
Ggetter50:
Hello guys!

Please, what are the legal ways to stay back in Sweden after studies?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Duby2288(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Can one start a business while studying in Sweden or after study.. secondly what kind of business would the person be able to do as a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Duby2288(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biggest congratulations.. my dream country and my final destination.. would meet you someday.. congrats again bruv

quote author=Wrap46 post=113703002]Hi everyone,

Just moved to Canada from Sweden after 8years living in Sweden.

[/quote]
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Amethyst101(m): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
I got this from a recipient of the SI scholarship.

When you're trying to relocate to another country as a black person, one question to ask is how racist the host country is towards us, black people.

We cannot say because we're tired of situations in our country and in our honest search for better life, we fall into the hands of people that hate us to the level of wanting to kill us.
That will be like jumping from frying pan to fire.
And racism was also one of the issues on my mind when I was considering which country I wanted to study in.

Now, there's one thing that Sweden did that endeared me to the country.
5 years ago, Sweden ran a campaign where anyone from any country of the world could call a number and speak with a random Swede.
Yeah, it was real.

The way it worked was, you call a special number (+467.... ), and you'd be immediately routed to speak with a random Swedish person, just any Swede in the country going about their day.
No other country has ever done that.

The campaign has closed now, but it demonstrated to me how open Sweden is towards people of other nationalities, no matter where they're from.
Another thing they did was quite remarkable.

At the height of the Syrian refugee crisis in 2015, Sweden received over 160,000 refugees from war-torn Middle East countries, looking for protection.

Alongside Germany, Sweden was one of the most preferred European destinations for refuge-seeking immigrants from Syria.

These were people from mostly Muslim backgrounds and Sweden opened its arms to them.

Swedish society is largely atheistic, most Swedes do not care about religion but there is freedom of religion.

Everyone is free to practice whatever religion they choose. There are churches here and there are mosques as well.

Oh. I also have some personal story to share about my experience with Swedish people.

When I was moving to Sweden in 2017, my university, Linköping University, arranged a personal free cab ride for me from the Linköping train station to the university campus
I got to the train station and the cab driver was already waiting for me with my name tag.
As I alighted from the train from Stockholm, an elderly tall Swedish man, seeing me struggle with my heavy luggages filled with local food supplies, helped me with one of the luggages to my waiting cab driver.
I mean I was far far away from home but these folks were treating me like I was royalty.
The man was a leader in the Swedish Church, gave me his card and we later met again after I settled down.

Even though he was an elder in the Swedish Church, not for once did we talk about religion.

That's how much respect these folks have for people's religious beliefs.

I got to the university, picked up my room keys, and my SI Scholarship debit card, and got another free ride in a Linköping University van with other new arrivals to my new accommodation.
I mean, my journey from Lagos, Nigeria to my accommodation in Ryd, Linköping, Sweden was already planned to a T, all thanks to the typical Swedish kindness.

Now, am I saying there's no racism in Sweden?

Of course not.

Racism exists in every country of the world.

However, the fact is, majority of humans are good beautiful people, and Swedish people are not an exception.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
I thought you were only a weekend visitor lol. You don finally talk true. YIMU grin
Amethyst101:
I got this from a recipient of the SI scholarship.

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 6:22pm On Jun 12, 2022
https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Working-in-Sweden/Self-employment.html

Your nationality doesn’t matter in the kind of business you do.

Check the link for the requirements to get the business permit

Duby2288:
Can one start a business while studying in Sweden or after study.. secondly what kind of business would the person be able to do as a Nigerian?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ifesinachi147: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
There is no interview.. My Residence permit has been granted by the immigration, I'm going to the embassy for biometrics and to order for my residence permit card.

Victosa:
Do you know if it is an interview or just biometrics...sorry to ask, when did you apply? Are you travelling alone or with family?

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ifesinachi147: 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
That's not correct, what is important is paying your fees if you do not have a scholarship and showing proof of funding in your personal account they will definitely grant you the Residence permit and after granting you they will inform you to go and do biometrics in the embassy to produce your residence permit card

Mobil567:
At least 90% of applicants from Nigeria since 2020 ending till date have been asked to go for an interview. This is regardless of applying alone or with family.

Only scholarship holders are usually of that hook.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
lol, joke of 2022.
Ifesinachi147:
That's not correct, what is important is paying your fees if you do not have a scholarship and showing proof of funding in your personal account they will definitely grant you the Residence permit and after granting you they will inform you to go and do biometrics in the embassy to produce your residence permit card

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 1:51am On Jun 13, 2022
Thanks y’all, I was here two years ago and loved the society. The place is very unique in its way. I love that they embrace your identity and welcome you with open hands.

Even for me way be swede think say people way dey here “är gallen” because of how welcoming people are here. Oppss being sarcastic �
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Drepee: 3:28am On Jun 13, 2022
Mobil567:
At least 90% of applicants from Nigeria since 2020 ending till date have been asked to go for an interview. This is regardless of applying alone or with family.

Only scholarship holders are usually of that hook.
this is completely false stop discouraging people on this thread you say 90% of Nigerians like you’re the one who processed their visa or like you know how every one got their visa. POV people get called for interview if something isn’t clear on their application hence if you apply the correct way you get your permit approved straight up Swedish migration agency doesn’t discriminate by country of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2022
You must have an issue with comprehension.
Drepee:
this is completely false stop discouraging people on this thread you say 90% of Nigerians like you’re the one who processed their visa or like you know how every one got their visa. POV people get called for interview if something isn’t clear on their application hence if you apply the correct way you get your permit approved straight up Swedish migration agency doesn’t discriminate by country of origin.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2022
Ifesinachi147:
There is no interview.. My Residence permit has been granted by the immigration, I'm going to the embassy for biometrics and to order for my residence permit card.

Sorry, Please did you applied with your family or you alone?

Just want to know.

Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Drepee: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2022
Mobil567:
You must have an issue with comprehension.
lol coming from someone who doesn’t understand how the process actually works.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2022
Still doesn't change the fact that you are low in understanding. You should take classes to improve your efficiency
Drepee:
lol coming from someone who doesn’t understand how the process actually works.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Drepee: 11:20am On Jun 13, 2022
Mobil567:
Still doesn't change the fact that you are low in understanding. You should take classes to improve your efficiency
you are the one that’s ignorant do your researches before you go online and telling people void information.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:23am On Jun 13, 2022
You = Dullard - a slow or stupid person.
Drepee:
you are the one that’s ignorant do your researches before you go online and telling people void information.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Drepee: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
Mobil567:
You = Dullard - a slow or stupid person.
I blame your mother and father for not raising you well as a kid so childish may God help you that’s all I have to say...take care.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
Still doesn’t change my opinion on your limitations. But ofc take care too wink
Drepee:
I blame your mother and father for not raising you well as a kid so childish may God help you that’s all I have to say...take care.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by alabajay: 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
Mobil567:
Still doesn’t change my opinion on your limitations. But ofc take care too wink
You this childish Mobil your own is becoming too much! You reply people as if you know it all but deep down you are just a broke insecure mdfkr!

Not too late for you to grab some manners! Small boy

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
another dullard spotted
alabajay:
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2022
Kai! What are we gaining in discouraging people. Nawa o

Hmmmmm
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Checkersave: 12:54am On Jun 15, 2022
After biometric, while waiting for RP card, can you move the money used as POF in your account?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 3:15am On Jun 15, 2022
Yeah you can �
Checkersave:
After biometric, while waiting for RP card, can you move the money used as POF in your account?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wande22(m): 11:19am On Jun 15, 2022
Good morning. Pls I want to know the requirements for relocating my wife and two kids to Sweden (both are 6+ and 2yrs)
P.S. No prior traveling experience and I no know pesin dia
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2022
Ok keep knowing
Wande22:
Good morning. Pls I want to know the requirements for relocating my wife and two kids to Sweden (both are 6+ and 2yrs)
P.S. No prior traveling experience and I no know pesin dia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wande22(m): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2022
Wrap46:
Ok keep knowing
HOW

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (62) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.