Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (123840 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2022
You have time to type that and you don't have answer? Busy body...

Asking for a neighbour who is also a friend.

If you carry this your busy body go marry the woman go run leave you for marriage oh because them nor go know who be man or who be woman for house lol

uchman:

Your neighbour?
I hear you.
Can't your neighbour type by herself?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by mankan2k7(m): 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
Anybody that can assist in filling of forms for the Sweden scholarship, the CV forms, the reference form should kindly notify me.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Rompopopom: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

Yes, you can

Please so what's this one (refer to screenshot) about? Or we can do either, submit personal copy or go back to uni and ask them to mail the transcript?

I'm concerned about this transcript mailing sef. I imagine hundreds of transcript being sent to this same mail from different applicants' unis. They have to start opening each mail one after the other to know which transcript belongs to which applicant. Or do they expect us to add some unique information in the mail subject. Don't know if I'm overthinking, experienced guys on here please help me out.

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Thanos5555: 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2022
Rompopopom:

Please so what's this one (refer to screenshot) about? Or we can do either, submit personal copy or go back to uni and ask them to mail the transcript?

I'm concerned about this transcript mailing sef. I imagine hundreds of transcript being sent to this same mail from different applicants' unis. They have to start opening each mail one after the other to know which transcript belongs to which applicant. Or do they expect us to add some unique information in the mail subject. Don't know if I'm overthinking, experienced guys on here please help me out.

As you said *hundreds* that not a huge number,their stages van arrange that.

People don't even apply to their universities much
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
Rompopopom:

Add your application number when you are sending an email to the school or admissions portal.
It is only your school that can send transcripts to the email for Nigerian universities though. Some countries are permitted to send their student copy but not Nigeria applicants.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thanos5555:

As you said *hundreds* that not a huge number, their stages can arrange that.

People don't even apply to their universities much
I laughed at your statement gringrin Don't say what you have no idea of.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
You didn't see any other schengen country to relocate to? I believe your village people they at work for your case.

cocolacec:

you dont need to apologise to anyone for saying the truth.i lived in sweden for years and all you said is nothing but the truth.i left sweden last year to relocate back to nigeria.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 11:32pm On Dec 15, 2022
How will university admission get to know it is my transcript? Should I give my school my application number to type on my transcript before they send it?

I have paid application fee today and I'm waiting for my school to send transcript.

One more thing I mistakenly uploaded my transcript (student copy) hope this won't affect my application as my official transcript will get there latest second week of January 2023?

[quote author=Hebsyn post=108162547][/quote]
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 12:21am On Dec 16, 2022
You mean one can apply for visa for his/her family same time applying for a study permit?

mbachidi:
It would be ok if everyone gets information from here, we all drop tips and advise to people about sweden, it will be kept for long period of time. The focus of this thread should be Sweden, nothing more nothing less. Any question is welcome, people here will answer to the best of their knowledge

Highlights of Sweden
There is room for PR/Citizenship in Sweden after studying
You have free education in Sweden if you are on work permit
You can bring your family(Spouse and Children) with you when studying
There are scholarship opportunities, SI, school scholarship etc
You can get government support for your children provided you are not working (mothers)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 1:01am On Dec 16, 2022
Can international student apply for spring session starting in January?

Richfare:
How To Get University Admission In Sweden As An International Student

Getting university admission in Sweden requires certain steps. In this article, you will be walked through the step by step process involved. Grab your seat belt and a cup of coffee because it is going to be a nice ride. But before then, let me quickly introduce Sweden to you then we can go ahead to discuss about how to get university admission in Sweden.

About Sweden

The name Sweden ring bell of different definitions to different people. The football lovers might get connected with Sweden easily because of the football legend Zlatan Ibrahimović. While students of history might reconnect Sweden to the medieval Scandinavia. I was in a discussion with a friend recently about Sweden, I was shocked with opinion of the person about the country. Well, that is to show the feel of different people about the Kingdom of Sweden.

Brief Introduction
1. Geographic Location of Sweden

Sweden is the largest of the Nordic countries located in the Northern Europe. Bounded in the north and west by Norway, east by Finland and south by Denmark. Climate wise, Sweden is a funny country when it comes to the climatic condition. Winter and summer temperature differences in Sweden are extreme, but generally the country enjoys a temperate climate, thanks to the Gulf Stream.

2. System of Government

Power from the people, that is how Sweden is governed. In Sweden, Every citizen has the same right and has liberty to inspect how politicians and public agencies exercise power. Less I forget, Sweden is a constitutional monarchy and King Carl XVI Gustaf is Sweden's non-political head of state. The monarch has primarily ceremonial and representative duties while the Prime Minister oversee the official functions of the country.

3. Lifestyle

Work-life balance really means something in Sweden. You’ll never be short of time or opportunity to enjoy your new home away from home with culture around the corner and freedom to roam a wilderness unlike anywhere else on earth. It’s no wonder Swedes are savvy outdoorsmen. When it comes to sustainability, Sweden is one of the leading countries in this course by action. Don't you think getting university admission in Sweden will be a worthwhile experience?

4. Education

Swedish education is one of the best in the world with modern learning infrastructures and faculty members years of field experience. The Swedish university system accommodates international students and offer them equal opportunities with the local students. Don’t forget that at the core of Swedish education is sustainability. Little wonder all programs in Swedish universities are SDGs inclined. Incase you are considering applying to any university in Sweden, I will advice your motivation for studying in Sweden must be SGD related.

With that introduction, you have some new perspective about the great Kingdom of Sweden. Can we now continue on our discussion about How To Get University Admission In Sweden As An International Student?

Why Study In Sweden

What will make you even think of studying in Sweden in the first place talk less of thinking on how to get university admission in Sweden? Schooling in Sweden is different from schooling in other countries due to Swedish universities culture of strong focus on group work. The Swedish education system concentrate more on student’s academic interests than pushing student to achieve a grade. Swedish university systems work to prepare you for a successful future; the job market values ambitious, innovative, and perceptive team players, so Swedish universities attempt to instill these qualities in their students. Below are few of the many reasons of schooling in Sweden.

Quality and Unconventional Education

You are captivated and now zealous about how to get university admission in Sweden? Read along please. Degree programs in Sweden offer students the opportunity to mix study and practical work, so that they have first-hand experience in their field after school. The system of education running in Sweden is student-centered. Relationships between students and teachers are relaxed and informal; as a student in Sweden, you will be expected to address your teachers by their first names. Who try this in Nigeria? Chuckles!

Swedish universities lay emphasis on personal initiative and independent thinking. If you choose to study in Sweden, you will be expected and required to take an active role and contribute with your opinions and ideas in lectures, seminars, and group discussions. This will give you the opportunity to develop your individual strengths and cultivate you academic abilities.

Innovative Environment

On the global stage, Sweden many successful corporations started out from Sweden. A number of successful inventions have resulted from research at Swedish universities and companies, including the computer mouse, Bluetooth, the pacemaker, the ball bearing, the dialysis machine, and internet applications such as Spotify and Skype. These recent inventions are built on a long history of excellence in academia and research in Sweden. Sweden is the home of the Nobel prize and several highly acclaimed universities dating back to the 15th century. This innate creativity has established Sweden as a strong nation within design, fashion, and music.

Language

Though Sweden isn’t regarded as an English speaking country, but 89% of Swedish are bilingual with English language as the second option. Therefore as an international student from English-speaking countries you don’t need not worry about not being able to study and communicate with the locals. If your bachelor degree was taught in English language in country where English is the official language, you don't need to provide IELTS or TOEFL certification. A simple language proficiency letter from your university will do.

Wonderful Outdoor Life

See the cosmic wonder of the Northern lights or the endless summer days. Sweden’s geographic location creates a perfect environment for natural aesthetic extremes. Combined with Sweden’s “freedom to roam,” the general public’s right to access almost all public land for recreational purposes, it’s no wonder Swedes are savvy outdoorsmen. Whether you enjoy camping, skiing, ice skating, hiking, or fishing, Sweden offers international students studying abroad limitless opportunities to explore all of the beautiful nature Sweden has to offer.

University Admission In Sweden

There are about 30 world class universities in Sweden. Offering programs in Bachelor, Master;s and PhD degrees. Courses offer by Swedish Universities include:

Sciences, Engineering, Environment Sciences and Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Medicine and Surgery, Nursing among others.

Unlike most schools in Europe, University admission in Sweden is centralized. I mean the admission process of all universities in Sweden is regulated by the country’s education authority called Swedish Council for Higher Education.

Therefore, every admission processes into any Swedish university by either local or international student must pass through the Swedish Council for Higher Education website. There is no big deal having a centralized admission system in a country like Sweden, this however narrow the chances of choice of institution that you can apply for in a single admission window.

How To Get University Admission in Sweden

I will use this space to give you a step by step process on how you can secure admission in Swedish University. Carefully read along.  Let me also bring to your awareness that there are two admission windows in Sweden—Autumn and Spring. The Autumn is September intake while the Spring is January intake.

Step one on how to get university admission in Sweden

Process of getting admission in Sweden begins with you. As an applicant, you have to decide the likely courses you want to study in Sweden.

Step two on how to get university admission in Sweden

Thereafter proceed to the Swedish University central admission system. Click Here.

Step three on how to get university admission in Sweden

Enter your desire program and select the degree type and admission window (Autumn or Spring) to narrow your search. The search result will give you long list of universities offering the program you have specified.

You have opportunity to apply for up to four same degree programs in one application window. The programs might from different universities in Sweden or one, tow, three or four universities.

Step four on how to get university admission in Sweden

Most people are in hurry and they skip this stage. It is an essential step to avoid your application offer been rejected.

You need to take a list of the schools your search result brought and carefully study the admission requirements. What are the things to consider?

1. Prerequisite for admission

In this category, you need to take note if your previous study program correspond to the programs listed on the course information page. You also need to consider if you meet up with the specific ECTS (European Credit System) requirement. Read more on the European Credits Transfer System. For instance, for admission into MSc. Industrial Engineering, a bachelor degree in any Engineering course might be prerequisite. While specific requirement might be that applicants must meet up with certain ECTS in Programing or Mathematics during his/her study of the previous Engineering degree.

2.Language of instruction

You also need to check the course information page to be sure of the language with which your program of choice will be taught.

3. Semester Start

Be sure of when the semester will commence. Some university begins their Autumn semester in August, Some September while some October.

4. Fees and the surrounding obligations

Don’t joke with this. Every university in Sweden makes this obvious on every course page. Kindly check out for the cost of your program of interest and the payment modalities. Some allow payment in installment while some don’t

5. Scholarships/Financial Aids

Getting scholarship or financial aide will make your study in Sweden sweet. Don’t forget to also check out for this on the program information page

6. Application documents and method

Though Sweden has a central admission system, but different universities require different documents to ascertain your eligibility for the program of interest. Ensure you check out this.

Step five

After you must have done step one to four above, then go back to the University.se website and create your application account.

Fill in your application details.

Please note that if you are an applicant from Non-European country, you will be required to pay application of of 900 SEK (Swedish kronor) before your application will be processed.

Also, if you are from certain countries, it is expected of you to inform your university/college to send your transcript by post to the Swedish Council for Higher Education.

General Application Documents

Generally, you will be required to provide the following documents during your application process:

University Certificate
Transcript (student copy)
International Passport
Two reference letters
Letter of Motivation
Project Portfolio (Some programs like music, architecture require this)
Syllabus
Language Proficiency
CV

Application Period

Autumn Semester (study begins in September) October – February

Spring Semester (study begins in January) June – November.

You desire to know more about study in Sweden check the official website here

Swedish University admission system check here

Do you know of anything about gaining university admission in Sweden that we have captured here, we will like to hear from you. Kindly let us know in the comment section.

Was this article helpful? If yes recommend us to your friends
Source:https://scholarsinfodesk.com/2022/01/05/how-to-get-university-admission-in-sweden-as-international-student/

3 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 2:03am On Dec 16, 2022
@mobil567 I think it's high time you relocate to UK, pack your bag and get out from Sweden and finally leave this Sweden thread. Since you love UK a lot why are you still in Sweden?

He will come here now and say he has been living in Sweden for long blah blah blah or he was born in Sweden. Nonsense, lie kill you there.

Even the British themselves are relocating from their country just in case you don't know. Most doctors in UK are relocating to Australia. Your bad vibe has finally killed this thread. You don't mean well for prospective students, I have been reading this thread from beginning and I can say it with my full chest. You carry bad vibes for head

Nobody told you relocating to any country will be a soft landing. All you can do is give answers to questions they asked than you making them see reasons not to come to Sweden.

Know this and know peace PEOPLE WILL KEEP MOVING even your so called UK people there are complaining about how high taxes are and about the ILR stuff and they are relocating. EVERYWHERE GET WAHALA, YOU LIKE A COUNTRY NOR MEAN SAY OTHERS GO LIKE AM. I REPEAT MOVE TO UK SINCE YOU LOVE UK AND LEAVE OUR SWEDEN FOR US.

Nonsense

Mobil567:
Nonsense talk. Let people do what they decide. Don't start this Sweden vs UK debate here. It will not be tolerated again. This is a Sweden thread, period!
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2022
Hey man ��

So you saying people should just sugar coat Sweden and don’t share their experiences? so that people inspiring to move Sweden will know what might come up on their journey to have a better life in Sweden.

This is a public space where people who have had experiences share and express themselves. If their 2cent don’t match your energy why not just ignore it.

Focus99:
@mobil567 I think it's high time you relocate to UK, pack your bag and get out from Sweden and finally leave this Sweden thread. Since you love UK a lot why are you still in Sweden?

He will come here now and say he has been living in Sweden for long blah blah blah or he was born in Sweden. Nonsense, lie kill you there.

Even the British themselves are relocating from their country just in case you don't know. Most doctors in UK are relocating to Australia. Your bad vibe has finally killed this thread. You don't mean well for prospective students, I have been reading this thread from beginning and I can say it with my full chest. You carry bad vibes for head

Nobody told you relocating to any country will be a soft landing. All you can do is give answers to questions they asked than you making them see reasons not to come to Sweden.

Know this and know peace PEOPLE WILL KEEP MOVING even your so called UK people there are complaining about how high taxes are and about the ILR stuff and they are relocating. EVERYWHERE GET WAHALA, YOU LIKE A COUNTRY NOR MEAN SAY OTHERS GO LIKE AM. I REPEAT MOVE TO UK SINCE YOU LOVE UK AND LEAVE OUR SWEDEN FOR US.

Nonsense

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
I know you will reply and I almost include your name too last night. All countries have their problem if you both don't have nothing reasonable to say kindly exit this thread for God sake you are already there why drinking panadol for other people's headache....be like una two dey jobless and frustrated for Sweden cos other people are doing well there but the two of you village people follow una reach there.

Who use Sweden enter, if Sweden nor favour the person the person get other countries to move too abi Sweden nor join schengen countries again? well make una get out bunch of idiots.

Wrap46:

Hey man ��

So you saying people should just sugar coat Sweden and don’t share their experiences? so that people inspiring to move Sweden will know what might come up on their journey to have a better life in Sweden.

This is a public space where people who have had experiences share and express themselves. If their 2cent don’t match your energy why not just ignore it.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by cocolacec(m): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2022
Focus99:
You didn't see any other schengen country to relocate to? I believe your village people they at work for your case.

Not every Nigerian who relocates abroad comes from a downtrodden family like yourself. I am happy to be back in Nigeria and doing fine.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2022
Hahahahahaha lie kill you there you are not doing fine in short you are from the poorest of the poorest family in Nigeria. All of you always come online to say this shit whenever someone say a truth that hits hard. You are on nairaland looking for the next country to manoeuvre your way to hahahahaha. Go to UK and wash oyibo yansh nah (care giver work). Low life idiot, frustrated fool.

cocolacec:

Not every Nigerian who relocates abroad comes from a downtrodden family like yourself. I am happy to be back in Nigeria and doing fine.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
� you got a problem mate �

If all countries got problem, don’t you think we should also explore the problems that Sweden got ?

I will just leave you to nag mate �

Focus99:
I know you will reply and I almost include your name too last night. All countries have their problem if you both don't have nothing reasonable to say kindly exit this thread for God sake you are already there why drinking panadol for other people's headache....be like una two dey jobless and frustrated for Sweden cos other people are doing well there but the two of you village people follow una reach there.

Who use Sweden enter, if Sweden nor favour the person the person get other countries to move too abi Sweden nor join schengen countries again? well make una get out bunch of idiots.

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2022
Explore it but don't discourage people. If Sweden nor favour you carry your bag come back Nigeria nobody tie you for Sweden. I don't have time to argue words with you guys I'm here on nairaland to find my way out of Nigeria. Since you guys are claiming well to do here biko leave nairaland for us lol.

Forget all those I was born in Sweden blah blah blah, my family is rich that's why I returned blah blah blah, I returned and I'm doing well in Nigeria blah blah blah...make una dey deceive una self lol. If you go abroad and return it means your parents are rich or village people they on top your case, or you didn't plan your travelling out well. So why on nairaland disturbing our peace? I know a lot of people that returned from Canada, UK, Germany, Netherlands after their study they are busy working in their father's company, some own their own company now, some just chill at home driving big cars and eating their father's money...but you low lives are here claiming well to do but here on nairaland seriously searching for other ways to manoeuvre to another country lol...trust me village people put hand for una matter. Na rich man pikin abi na well to do somebody get time to come nairaland they do research lol they will pay a very good agent to handle their travel process lol.

LOW LIVES feeling important

Wrap46:

� you got a problem mate �

If all countries got problem, don’t you think we should also explore the problems that Sweden got ?

I will just leave you to nag mate �

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
Wow you so smart � ��

You won the argument, I will still be saying my truth and if you get too irritated then head off somewhere else �

Focus99:
Explore it but don't discourage people. If Sweden nor favour you carry your bag come back Nigeria nobody tie you for Sweden. I don't have time to argue words with you guys I'm here on nairaland to find my way out of Nigeria. Since you guys are claiming well to do here biko leave nairaland for us lol.

Forget all those I was born in Sweden blah blah blah, my family is rich that's why I returned blah blah blah, I returned and I'm doing well in Nigeria blah blah blah...make una dey deceive una self lol. If you go abroad and return it means your parents are rich or village people they on top your case, or you didn't plan your travelling out well. So why on nairaland disturbing our peace? I know a lot of people that returned from Canada, UK, Germany, Netherlands after their study they are busy working in their father's company, some own their own company now, some just chill at home driving big cars and eating their father's money...but you low lives are here claiming well to do but here on nairaland seriously searching for other ways to manoeuvre to another country lol...trust me village people put hand for una matter. Na rich man pikin abi na well to do somebody get time to come nairaland they do research lol they will pay a very good agent to handle their travel process lol.

LOW LIVES feeling important

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2022
Nah you get time to even reply.
Many are mad, but few are roaming.
He just started roaming, free him bro
Wrap46:

Wow you so smart � ��

You won the argument, I will still be saying my truth and if you get too irritated then head off somewhere else �

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by macfellani(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Hello,
Good day everyone on this platform,
Please I need help on how I can get admission in Sweden for masters where by I can come with my family. Please help a brother.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
Find your way to manoeuvre enter another country, and allow others to. Yeye fowl

Mobil567:
K
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
so if he leaves the country in that way, shouldn’t he inform incoming people of what to expect and to prepare for the worst ?

How can you advise someone to manipulate his way out of a country ?

What kind of example are you setting for people ?

Focus99:
Find your way to manoeuvre enter another country, and allow others to. Yeye fowl

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Focus99: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2022
Cry me a river

Wrap46:
so if he leaves the country in that way, shouldn’t he inform incoming people of what to expect and to prepare for the worst ?

How can you advise someone to manipulate his way out of a country ?

What kind of example are you setting for people ?

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kuksugare
Focus99:
Cry me a river

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by vibrant99(m): 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
I remember when i was in Abuja going from one embassy to another ,

I met this guy at Italy embassy, he was so vocal and everyone surrounded him and was listening to him, so it was time and embassy opened , everyone was going to get their purposes of been there but this guy just stood and was looking, I asked him why he didnt follow every other person, That was when he started saying another thing o, this ITALY sef, i hate am but my mom wont let me go another country, bla bla bla, he spoilt Italy so much that i was having a rethink.

Most of this guys don't have anywhere they are going, some are serving ban and others have spoilt their chances.

My cousin lived in Poland for 10 yrs, He was so successful i was wondering if its same europe, he only visits US and Canada and loves POLAND so much, ....

i am always asking if its not the same poland, and he does legit importation business, travels around the EU to get good of all kind and bring into Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
Wow that’s very interesting, your cousin most have raised a good capital to have such business.

I have a friends in Poland, Swedish/Gambian who are studying medicine in Poland who dislike the racist remarks the have experience in Poland and bluntly say that most Africans in Poland are either married to polish women for papers or have babies with polish women to secure their papers.

I personally visited Poland, Warsaw,Poznań and Wrocław five years ago. Upon getting there I noticed that racism is still bluntly a thing and also polish girls love our black brothers a lot and income there is below thresholds for Swedes like me.

No lemme educate you on something, if as an African trying to move to Europe, I would prefer you move to Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Paris and Scandinavia countries.

This countries are somewhat immigrant friendly provided that you are 100 fluent with the language.

Is racism everywhere ? Yeah it is, as love and hate is natural to coexist.

Will I advice my younger siblings to move to those countries knowing that they are career? minded ?

I would say it depends on 2 things.

1) if they are studying something that is in high demand with less native tongue (Engineering and IT careers) then I would approve if that was the last option.

2) If they have no interest in any of those professional categories then I will advice they move to a native language immigrant friendly countries like the USA etc.

If I was a a francophone African countries and my French is my official language I would personal move to Belgium,Switzerland, france and any other French countries out there. The reason is that I will be able to stand up for myself while asked why I wanna work as a doctor or a project manager.

Do you get it ?

I have to say this countless time, if the only option you have to japa is Europe then go for it but still have it at the back of your mind that 80% of none English European countries are not immigration friendly. You either marry a citizen to get your Pr, have a baby with someone legally residing in the country of your choice to get a pr, seek for asylum( which I doubt the grant for Nigerians) or get lucky to get a company to sponsor your visa.

Now abt asylum seekers in Europe. I don’t know how good you guys follow the news.

Europe is literally in crises now and have quite huge numbers of undocumented immigrants, especially Eastern Europe.

Asylum seekers are highly rejected in Europe including sverige. I was in Canada few months ago. While I was spending my vacation there I saw quite huge number of Nigerians who came in and seek for asylum with a good approval rate. I doubt that will be the case in Sweden, as right now riksdagen (Swedish parliament) are actually trying to make life more difficult for immigrants.

So please before you spend money coming here try and do your homework and understand it’s not gonna be easy. The battles you will be facing might not be easy compared to the a native English speaking countries.

No one is discouraging people but rather telling you guys what and what not to expect.

Oh I will be spending New Year’s Eve in Stockholm in case anyone wanna link for a pint �

Tack
Ha en fin ikvall

vibrant99:
I remember when i was in Abuja going from one embassy to another ,

I met this guy at Italy embassy, he was so vocal and everyone surrounded him and was listening to him, so it was time and embassy opened , everyone was going to get their purposes of been there but this guy just stood and was looking, I asked him why he didnt follow every other person, That was when he started saying another thing o, this ITALY sef, i hate am but my mom wont let me go another country, bla bla bla, he spoilt Italy so much that i was having a rethink.

Most of this guys don't have anywhere they are going, some are serving ban and others have spoilt their chances.

My cousin lived in Poland for 10 yrs, He was so successful i was wondering if its same europe, he only visits US and Canada and loves POLAND so much, ....

i am always asking if its not the same poland, and he does legit importation business, travels around the EU to get good of all kind and bring into Nigeria.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by vibrant99(m): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
I think Portugal is Migrant friendly than sweden < maybe you never considered it,,

If you get a permanent resience of any part of Europe it applies everywhere , same as the opportunity.

within 5 Yrs in portugal you will be liable to apply, ...

You may choose to stay there or move , i know you would come for the economy of portugal but things werent viewed that way.

when my Cousin was in POLAND , it was very very poor,

I lived in Moscow for years to know that people stay on the internet to say just what they want , I lived in a region in Moscow that i was the only black guy alive in more than 20km radius, i hardly see any black guys , only those that market products and the guys doing delivery but this were only in parks.

Russians are the nicest humans i have ever met , they love blacks and would ask for photographs every time , anyway, i am buld and 7ft Tall, sometimes they think am american, I have met Nigerians doing well there and i am happy for them.

everybody wont be in the US, or Canada, I just feel people who can get very far uses their perspective in their discussions, people are doing very well in Sweden , I know a brother who is a nurse , he speaks the language fluently ....

I think we should allow people migrate and be who they are , forget this US and Canada Craze, I live in Canada myself but sincerely i would prefer europe tommorow , nothing special here!

an igbo adage says , "where person no dey, dey always Hungry am".....

people are doing so well in malay, Ghana , Togo, cotonou .......Nigerians power up anywhere they are, forget language ....

I was at the airport in Paris when i saw this woman with 4 sons, all of them had Italian Passport, with that alone she caan go anywhere !

Wrap46:
Wow that’s very interesting, your cousin most have raised a good capital to have such business.

I have a friends in Poland, Swedish/Gambian who are studying medicine in Poland who dislike the racist remarks the have experience in Poland and bluntly say that most Africans in Poland are either married to polish women for papers or have babies with polish women to secure their papers.

I personally visited Poland, Warsaw,Poznań and Wrocław five years ago. Upon getting there I noticed that racism is still bluntly a thing and also polish girls love our black brothers a lot and income there is below thresholds for Swedes like me.

No lemme educate you on something, if as an African trying to move to Europe, I would prefer you move to Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Paris and Scandinavia countries.

This countries are somewhat immigrant friendly provided that you are 100 fluent with the language.

Is racism everywhere ? Yeah it is, as love and hate is natural to coexist.

Will I advice my younger siblings to move to those countries knowing that they are career? minded ?

I would say it depends on 2 things.

1) if they are studying something that is in high demand with less native tongue (Engineering and IT careers) then I would approve if that was the last option.

2) If they have no interest in any of those professional categories then I will advice they move to a native language immigrant friendly countries like the USA etc.

If I was a a francophone African countries and my French is my official language I would personal move to Belgium,Switzerland, france and any other French countries out there. The reason is that I will be able to stand up for myself while asked why I wanna work as a doctor or a project manager.

Do you get it ?

I have to say this countless time, if the only option you have to japa is Europe then go for it but still have it at the back of your mind that 80% of none English European countries are not immigration friendly. You either marry a citizen to get your Pr, have a baby with someone legally residing in the country of your choice to get a pr, seek for asylum( which I doubt the grant for Nigerians) or get lucky to get a company to sponsor your visa.

Now abt asylum seekers in Europe. I don’t know how good you guys follow the news.

Europe is literally in crises now and have quite huge numbers of undocumented immigrants, especially Eastern Europe.

Asylum seekers are highly rejected in Europe including sverige. I was in Canada few months ago. While I was spending my vacation there I saw quite huge number of Nigerians who came in and seek for asylum with a good approval rate. I doubt that will be the case in Sweden, as right now riksdagen (Swedish parliament) are actually trying to make life more difficult for immigrants.

So please before you spend money coming here try and do your homework and understand it’s not gonna be easy. The battles you will be facing might not be easy compared to the a native English speaking countries.

No one is discouraging people but rather telling you guys what and what not to expect.

Oh I will be spending New Year’s Eve in Stockholm in case anyone wanna link for a pint �

Tack
Ha en fin ikvall

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Buskynwa: 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
[quote author=Wrap46 post=119274925]Wow that’s very interesting, your cousin most have raised a good capital to have such business.

This countries are somewhat immigrant friendly provided that u are 100 fluent with the language.

Is racism everywhere ? Yeah it is
Cn i pm yousir? I have sme questions
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 12:11am On Dec 20, 2022
K
Focus99:

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Anniebam: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
macfellani:
Hello,
Good day everyone on this platform,
Please I need help on how I can get admission in Sweden for masters where by I can come with my family. Please help a brother.

https:///studyinswedencommunity

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (62) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.