Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor (21410 Views)

Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? / APC To Lai Mohammed: Submit To Your Governor, It Is Not Business As Usual / List Of Federal Roads In Nigeria, In Case Your Governor Lied To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by essenjack(m): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2021
Udom Emmanuel
O/10
He is deceiving his people with his walking stick thinking he is working. Only God kill ahm there

2 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Emmanueladvocate(m): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2021
Akwa ibom state - Udom Emmanuel (4/10) only God
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by ChiefAfonja: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2021
Tinubu = 0
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2021
Sanwoolu: 5/10.

Makinde: 7/10(first half) 3/10(second half)

Ifayemi: ½/10 (at least him show face)

Akeredolu: 5/10.

Abiodun: 3/10.

Oyetola: 4.5/10.

Different regions, different standards....
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Franklyspeakin: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2021
����

In 2014, I and several other Nigerian University graduates had been shortlisted to write the Presidential Special Scholarship (PRESSID) designed exclusively for First Class Nigerian graduates who wanted to pursue both Masters and PhD in any top 25 Universities in the world.

President Goodluck Jonathan had set the scheme up and the idea was to build a strong team of brilliant Nigerians who will come back to serve the country years later.

There were a little above one thousand of us who wrote the exam at CHAMS, Abuja.

At the time, I was already lecturing in UNN, so most of my friends (who were also my colleagues) enrolled.

16 of us in total.

It was a computer-based test, so we knew our fate instantly.

I scored 94% in the exam.

In fact, 15 of us from UNN scored between 80 and 97%.

Man! We came out of the exam hall completely joyous.

We were so sure we had got the scholarship.

And we were right.

Sometime in February 2015, the list of 101 successful candidates was shortlisted in the National Dailies.

15 of us were on that list.

I had applied to Princeton University, Imperial College London and University of Toronto already.

That phase of our lives was glorious.

Fast forward to March, 2015.

Goodluck lost the elections to Mr. Buhari.

That was where things started to take a new turn.

Shortly after Mr Buhari was sworn in, he recalled the list and complained that there was no single northerner on it.

He believed it was an agenda of the South.

Right before our eyes, meritocracy was shortchanged for Federal character.

It was first like a joke, but we all lost that huge scholarship.

It was worth about $250,000 per person (tuition and living expenses inclusive across 5 years).

Before then, I had little faith in the country.
But when this happened, I became weary of the country.

Thankfully, later that year, I got a full scholarship from University of Toronto for my Masters and PhD (6 years in total).

Of those other 14 friends of mine, 13 of them have also moved since then - US, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Japan etc.

Obviously, we moved on, but truth is, the life we have now was afforded to us by the Government of another country, many of which will seduce you with permanent residency and citizenship afterwards.

Any nation that shortchanges merit for anything else will fall.

Nigeria has the brightest people, yet, we are where we are (in Osinbajo's voice).

These people will corroborate my story as they were also winners of the PRESSID scholarship:
Odoeze Jideofor, Okagu Ogadimma, Olikagu Sylvia, Chisom Hyacinth, Ali David, Chukwuma Izuogu, Samuel Olisa, Chima Eke and others.

Sad!

Chidozie Ojobor.

Culled from Jimmy Abia wall.

Me; Nigeria is, frankly a cesspool of hopelessness.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by alezzy13: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:
Dave Umahi
5.5/10

Dave deserves more than that. In terms of infrastructure, he's far above all others.

6 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by AMBURSAA(m): 8:09am On Apr 11, 2021
KEBBI 7/10

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Abbamasta(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2021
Borno State 10/10 excellent he is doing very well at every angle

3 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Jeux: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2021
Maybe he did something in ewato in particular but obaseki’s presence in edo central is zero, I don’t know how you got your 8, what he does is cosmetic expansion and redressing of the works done by the previous administration, no major project initiated by his administration has seen the light of the day, if he had continued the urbanization drive of Benin city by the previous administration Benin city would have been a better city now. Why 8 when there’s no major road project, no single flyover despite the increasing vehicular traffic in Benin metropolis, important adjourning roads like the temboga and ewa road are left unattended to, security is zero, if an obaseki can get 8 then how about the likes of Zulum and Umahi who in the normal sense despite their strides are not even supposed to pass 6, what little income are you talking about ? When edo receives the 8th highest federal allocation among 36 states. I would rate obaseki In fairness 3/10
Zetty177x:
Edo State
I will rate Obaseki 8/10...

he's done well for the State. There's no part of the whole of Edo State that didn't feel his impact. I will give an example. Ewato is a part of Edo state that has been neglected from time immemorial...nothing has been done by any regime.. But Governor Obaseki took development there..other parts of Edo state..u can see things happening..even with the small resources..things are looking up in that state. The only area he has to work on, is security...herdmens, kidnappers, robbers..the governor needs to do something..that's his only minus...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by vicstoneint(f): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2021
Ebonyi state Governor 8/10

2 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by deandavid(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2021
Okowa of Delta State
Vocational Training and empowerment 4/10
Road Infrastructure 2/10
Security 3/10
Healthcare 2/10
Education 3/10
Covid handling 5/10
Funds Mgt 2/10
Igr 1/10
Politics 9/10

General rating 3/10

4 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Thanks2God: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2021
sleekman:

You are a blind idiote. Do you live in Delta state at all?

Don't mind him/her
I give Okowa 8/10

Delta State

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by mekonglobal(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2021
manuel4real:
8 years tenure and only streetlights, with small warehouse that looks like airport cry

You can guess the state lipsrsealed
Bayelsa state?
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Karleb(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2021
Ondo state Governor 2/100.
Very clueless fellow.

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by EhisChelsea1(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2021
prof2007:
Let's rate our governors...

A. Name your state of origin.
B. Score your state governor between 0 - 10 marks (0 = Horrible; 5 = Average; 10 = Excellent).

You can give additional comments e.g. Good in security, poor in infrastructure etc.

Edo State
-0/10

Obaseki is a serious scam. Only thing he has succeeded in doing is using social media to whip up sentiments. Initially, we were told he couldn't work because Oshiomhole was breathing down his neck. Now its bn 7 months post 2nd tenure election, 7months of no more godfather battle; yet, no development, NO COMMISSIONERS, nothing nothing. Edo is a mess each time it rains. The road are impassable, insecurity in Edo is at its peak, no teachers in public schools, our schools have no classrooms, AAU has suffers the greatest neglect since inception.....

We are just patiently waiting for this 4 years to end quickly

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Kinematics: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2021
Rivers State
Wike 3/10

Government is focused on only building roads in just 2 LGAs and abandoning every other infrastructural development.
Lack of infrastructural development in the remaining 21 LGAs, including good road network.
Workers are owed arrears and pensioners are owed gratuity.
Job creation is the lowest the state has ever faced since 1967, unemployment is skyrocketing.
Tribalism has become a mainstay.
Serious environmental hazard with the soot mainly in the areas of Port Harcourt close to the riverside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by urbobo20(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2021
delta state no governor zero %

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by ZeddyR: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2021
Ortom Benue State
0/10
Always in the news about Fulani herdsmen as if he cares about his people's welfare.

2 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by BafanaBafana: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2021
vengertime:
Road wise, Supreme Court Governor is doing well. but we are watching him closely cos Rochas did this initial gra gra in his 1st term then turn to stealing maniac in 2nd term.
Which of the supreme Court governors?
Zamfara, Bayelsa or Imo?
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Lomprico2: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2021
Mekadone:
Abia Ikpeazu -10000000/10

Enugu Ugwuanyi -50000/10

Our Jewish brother from Alaigbo won't show up to rate their colossal failure of governors but if na to insult Tinubu thread go don reach 1 million pages. Awon oloriburuku dede. Make una come out and rate the failures ruling your unwise father n mothers.

did u see the first two posts? ewu

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by victorazy(m): 8:14am On Apr 11, 2021
Brunosamel:
Abia state cheesy

0.0001/ 10

You wicked

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Kinematics: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2021
mekonglobal:

Bayelsa state?

Has the current Bayelsa State government been in power for 8yrs?

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by CaptainAyub: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2021
alezzy13:

Dave deserves more than that. In terms of infrastructure, he's far above all others.
You are not an Ebonyian or 'your eye no reach ground'.
A graduate is paid less than 40k in Ebonyi civil service,no fresh employment since Dave came.
All general hospitals are dilapidated,same with primary and secondary schools.
Ebonyi state university has lost its glory.
No incentives for farmers.
Ebonyi ppl will not eat cement road,flyovers and streetlights naa

2 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by OscarJaden(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2021
Gov.lalong

minus -10/10
have never seen a clueless governor as such

2 Likes

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by chatinent: 8:16am On Apr 11, 2021
See ratings. All Nigeria is bad!
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by sircatherine45(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2021
Okowa 9/10

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by mekonglobal(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2021
Kinematics:

Has the current Bayelsa State government been in power for 8yrs?
You said for 8yrs and there is no current governor that have been in power for 8yrs..Except maybe you're reffering to Anambara state.
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by mcdokwe(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2021
I would I'd I had a governor, I am not talking of Abia state o
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by OnyeOlokoro(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2021
Abia State : - 2/10. Dat stooge there is as useless as P in Psychology.
Imo State : - 1/10 no comment
Ebonyi : 8/10, his only fault in in Human Development, Employment and Security
Enugu : 2/10, atleast he is better than Abia
Anambra : 5/10, That one dey try small, just average.
Rivers state : 5/10, Less work on Employment and rural developments
Delta : 3/10
Cross River : 1/10,
Mind you, I travel a lot

1 Like

Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by OscarJaden(m): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2021
raphretle:
-2/10
The 33 lager beer Governor...
Travelling anyhow like his Oga at the top..
No single sunstantial Project since he became Governor..
Guess who that
Lol...Simon Bako lalong

plateau state is really backward when it comes to project in the hands of that man
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by urbobo20(m): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2021
okowa cant be 4% that man is not up 1.5 %
Re: Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor by Kinematics: 8:18am On Apr 11, 2021
mekonglobal:

You said for 8yrs and there is no current governor that have been in power for 8yrs..Except maybe you're reffering to Anambara state.

I'm asking because you mentioned Bayelsa. Also I wasn't the person that wrote that comment, you were asking if its Bayelsa, hence I was trying to correct you in form of a question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abaribe's Decision To Join Abia Governorship Race Disappointing — Mkpa Oju Uka / Air Force Destroys Another Boko Haram Terrorist Logistics Base. Photos/Video / Benue Killings: Ortom Speaks On Reporting Suswam To DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.