Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? (3616 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? / A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Amiga4u(f): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2011
jennykadry:

You are toooooo generous. It is a 90-10 for me. 90 for the men and 10 for me. Hey he better not complain lest I change it 92-8 grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin ur right im too generous its in my blood wink but actually its 99% to my huuby n 1% to me  grin ,im the one who just want to increase the % grin wink
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Claus(m): 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
The social contract called marriage. I don't envy those that have gone in/are planning to go in with "small print" included on their own contract.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by jaybee3(m): 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
Amiga4u:

ewoo no vex abeg but i will advance u that if your not financially stable enough to provide basic needs to your wife n kids  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed pls dont marriage oo
Well fortunately i can and even have enough to marry more than one if dats what's in fashion  cheesy cheesy cheesy but i chose not to act as a bank for a lady that doesn't want to contribute.

Why won't some Nigerian men disrespect their wives when it's highly expected of them to be the Man in Charge and sole provider of the relationship.

It's the 21st century and women are as powerful as us men so y'all should hold ya own in relationships.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by jaybee3(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2011
Why do i have this strange feeling that Jenny is all mouth grin grin grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Amiga4u(f): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

Well fortunately i can and even have enough to marry more than one if dats what's in fashion  cheesy cheesy cheesy but i chose not to act as a bank for a lady that doesn't want to contribute.

Why won't some Nigerian men disrespect their wives when it's highly expected of them to be the Man in Charge and sole provider of the relationship.

It's the 21st century and women are as powerful as us men so y'all should hold ya own in relationships.

but see am nao is 30% on my side of contribution bad deal ? considering that oga make double and hardly home so i cater for the baby ,house chores and still work ?
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

Why do i have this strange feeling that Jenny is all mouth grin grin grin

And why do I have the feeling that you are broke?not a dime to your name grin

Amiga4u:

grin grin grin grin your right im too generous its in my blood wink but actually its 99% to my huuby n 1% to me  grin ,im the one who just want to increase the % grin wink

I was about to say same thing before I decided to have mercy on the men and add 10. Yes I have been called a good samaritan before. grin grin grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by jaybee3(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2011
^^^^
Yeah dats a nice/acceptable sharing formula
70/30 or 65/35
u cud even do 80/20 depending on the number of kids but that talk is for another day
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by jaybee3(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2011
jennykadry:

And why do I have the feeling that you are broke?not a dime to your name grin

loooool
what was i thinking tongue

BTW: So every man that supports equality is now broke?
Why do the rich favour pre-nup then? Surely they aren't broke. Not trying to invite Saga to come bombard una for this thread oh grin grin grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Ahahahahahahaha! Agbaya ni e! grin grin grin grin cheesy I can't stop laughing. cheesy

Ehen naaa. I phock his brains out with diff styles both wheel barrow, doggy, missionary , touch your toe e.t.c just for him to provide. By the time I am done him no go even get strength to say ''No'' when I ask
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Amiga4u(f): 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

^^^^
Yeah dats a nice/acceptable sharing formula
70/30 or 65/35
u cud even do 80/20 depending on the number of kids but that talk is for another day

grin grin grin now im glad we are finally agreeing on the formular  wink im happy to hear that im not doing bad at al tongue tongue tongue,when we add another addition to the family i will reduce it 80/20  wink since i am 95%  of the time taking care of house chores,doctors visits ,school activities etc
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by spikedcylinder: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2011
jennykadry:

Ehen naaa. I phock his brains out with diff styles both wheel barrow, canine, missionary , touch your toe e.t.c just for him to provide. By the time I am done him no go even get strength to say ''No'' when I ask

Umblerra Style nko? Abi you no sabi that one? wink cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Amiga4u(f): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
jennykadry:

Ehen naaa. I phock his brains out with diff styles both wheel barrow, canine, missionary , touch your toe e.t.c just for him to provide. By the time I am done him no go even get strength to say ''No'' when I ask

your style too bam wink who fit say no to your request after those serious styles wey u dey am? its good u have something doing atleast in-laws cant complain too much now that your spending oga money too much wink grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2011
^^ Inlaws are not even supposed to know how we spend our his money cheesy Wetin consign them for my house?   undecided I get good job their brother get him own, we are happy grin grin grin . Of what use is a man in my life if he cannot provide for me? See we are thinking of travelling and I am honestly taking a long break from work. No work for me who will provide?
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by armyofone(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2011
african woman has been working for doggone years. so men on this thread, don't say it like na today the thing start, abeg!!

i hate to think that they want a woman who will help them to pay bills and take care of their mortgages tongue. a lady's money should be for taking care of herself and help  tongue sometimes. not to help you take care of your responsibilities  tongue
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Bawss1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2011
Let the cry of double standards be put to rest when men have it their way then. grin

But seriously balance should be sought for in this area as in all things. It is selfish to think that one party deserves to be taken care of by the other. Nuff said
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2011
armyofone:

african woman has been working for doggone years. so men on this thread, don't say it like na today the thing start, abeg!!

i hate to think that they want a woman who will help them to pay bills and take care of their mortgages tongue. a lady's money should be for taking care of herself and help tongue sometimes. not to help you take care of your responsibilities tongue

And why shouldnt the man's money be to take care of himself and help sometimes also and not to take care of your responsibilities.

Unless you are saying that you are intellectually inferior to the man and he can think and make money while you cant
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by r231(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2011
now why would i tell my wife not to work
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bawss1:

Let the cry of double standards be put to rest when men have it their way then.  grin

But seriously balance should be sought for in this area as in all things. It is selfish to think that one party deserves to be taken care of by the other. Nuff said

But one party does deserve to be taken care of!  undecided

In my home, my husband should take care of me, but in my place of work, I expect to receive the same treatment as my male counterparts! cool cool cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Bawss1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2011
armyofone:

i hate to think that they want a woman who will help them to pay bills and take care of their mortgages tongue. a lady's money should be for taking care of herself and help  tongue sometimes. not to help you take care of your responsibilities  tongue

Its amazing that some women don't find that line of reasoning selfish or materialistic.

Family values are being destroyed in many ways. From within and without  sad
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2011
r231:

now why would i tell my wife not to work

It's not really about telling your wife not to work honey . . . more like not making a big deal out of it if she decides not to work! undecided
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by r231(m): 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

It's not really about telling your wife not to work honey . . . more like not making a big deal out of it if she decides not to work! undecided

den we be broke together innit grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2011
dayokanu:

And why shouldnt the man's money be to take care of himself and help sometimes also and not to take care of your responsibilities.

Unless you are saying that you are intellectually inferior to the man and he can think and make money while you cant

You know a working wife is perpetually on a double shift . ,   because after work, she goes back home for shift 2!

It's not about being 'intellectually inferior' but about shared responsibilities!

If my husband will rather hold up the home front while I work and bring in [b]all [/b]the cash, I'll be happy to trade places!  undecided

What I don't however subscribe to is a man maintaining his 'manly front' and yet contributes just 50% of the finances. That's sheer cheating!  undecided
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
Now tell me if a woman thinks this way why should equal amount be spent on the education of a male and a female child when one thinks all she can do is to leech on the other?

Why not educate her on how to be a better leech?

Whats the use of getting an education when all life ambition still revolves round milking another human being who has the same intellect and education as you?
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2011
r231:

den we be broke together innit grin cheesy grin cheesy

lol  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Now tell me if a woman thinks this way why should equal amount be spent on the education of a male and a female child when one thinks all she can do is to leech on the other?

Whats the use of getting an education when all life ambition still revolves round milking another human being who has the same intellect and education as you?

Ain't you assuming that every woman wants to/will get married   undecided

If she has to make a choice b/w building her career and raising a family, she should be allowed some slack abeg!

Personally, I have to work to survive, but if I change my mind tomorrow and decide to be a full time HW instead, I don't need some guy whining about it!
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by r231(m): 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

You know a working wife is perpetually on a double shift . ,  because after work, she goes back home for poo 2!

It's not about being 'intellectually inferior' but about shared responsibilities!

If my husband will rather hold up the home front while I work and bring in [b]all [/b]the cash, I'll be happy to trade places!  undecided
What I don't however subscribe to is a man maintaining his 'manly front' and yet contributes just 50% of the finances. That's sheer cheating!  undecided

well if she wants another woman to cook for me why not since its a big job for a woman that works to make dinner when they get home
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Bawss1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Good question.

What is this talk of maintaining a "manly front"? Don't such  lines of thought encourage the woman to be "subservient" (something that many women rebel against) to the man?
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by jaybee3(m): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

You know a working wife is perpetually on a double shift . ,   because after work, she goes back home for shift 2!

Most educated young men this days embrace the need for shared responsibility when it comes to house chores and upbringing of the children.
It's not the money i worry about actually afterall who else is going to spend ma money if not ma family. I am more worried about the mentality clouding ya'all's reasoning.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

Most educated young men this days embrace the need for shared responsibility when it comes to house chores and upbringing of the children.
It's not the money i worry about actually afterall who else is going to spend ma money if not ma family. I am more worried about the mentality clouding ya'all's reasoning.

Lol, what mentality JB?

If you feel it's your family's right to spend your money, why the hell do you think your wife shouldn't expect it

Like I said, I'm all for shared responsibility . . doesn't mean one person can't help out the other. But your responsibility is still your responsibility. . . . that's just the way I see it.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

Ain't you assuming that every woman wants to/will get married  undecided

If she has to make a choice b/w building her career and raising a family, she should be allowed some slack abeg!

Personally, I have to work to survive, but if I change my mind tomorrow and decide to be a full time HW instead, I don't need some guy whining about it!

If equal amount is spent on your education and on your brother, You decide to be a HW and your brother decide to be a provider, Dont you think the money spent on you should have been better spent on some other person who would yield return and put the education to use.

Just like the parable of the talents. Most ppl educate their children so that the kids wont be dependent on another human being for survival,

Ujujoan:

You know a working wife is perpetually on a double shift . ,   because after work, she goes back home for shift 2!

Shared responsibilities means Sharing the finances 50-50 and sharing the household chores too. One cook one wash the plates, One hoov the carpet, one mow the lawn
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2011
LMAO on em poor dudes making noise and noisesssss here grin cheesy tongue
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

What would your daughter think she needs to be in life? She would definitely believe that Daddy is to bring money and mommy to spend daddies money.

What a parasitic mentality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wow!, This Family With Sextuplets Is Still Looking Good. Awesome! (pictures ) / Common Sexual Problems In Marriage. / Thread For Persons With Disability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.