Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? (3615 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? / A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by r231(m): 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2011
jennykadry:

LMAO on em poor dudes making noise and noisesssss here grin cheesy tongue

we get mouth now haba grin cheesy grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2011
r231:

well if she wants another woman to cook for me why not since its a big job for a woman that works to make dinner when they get home

Seriously?

Are we talking third party here? I thought this was b/w man and wife?  undecided

dayokanu:

If equal amount is spent on your education and on your brother, You decide to be a HW and your brother decide to be a provider, Dont you think the money spent on you should have been better spent on some other person who would yield return and put the education to use.

Just like the parable of the talents. Most ppl educate their children so that the kids wont be dependent on another human being for survival,

Well, my brother can still decide to be a house-husband!  cheesy  cheesy

Shared responsibilities means Sharing the finances 50-50 and sharing the household chores too. One cook one wash the plates, One hoov the carpet, one mow the lawn

Naaaah . . .  Shared responsibility means one's in charge of finances, one's in charge of housework.

Doesn't mean either of them is being enslaved!  undecided
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2011
jennykadry:

LMAO on em poor dudes making noise and noisesssss here grin cheesy tongue

Don't mind them . . . see them having heart attacks already . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2011
dayokanu:

What would your daughter think she needs to be in life? She would definitely believe that Daddy is to bring money and mommy to spend daddies money.

What a parasitic mentality

And it works. So keep looking for names to define the ''mentality'' whilst our daughters are busy learning what marriage is all about. kiss kiss kiss kiss

You go define so tey my pikin go grow marry born pikins sef and you are still here defining grin

r231:

we get mouth now haba grin cheesy grin

I like you for identifying yourself cheesy. I no call names oooo, na you raise hand and talk ''Excuse me ma'am'' grin grin grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by jaybee3(m): 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

Lol, what mentality JB?

If you feel it's your family's right to spend your money, why the hell do you think your wife shouldn't expect it

Like I said, I'm all for shared responsibility . . doesn't mean one person can't help out the other. But your responsibility is still your responsibility. . . . that's just the way I see it.
The difference is, it's my choice to labour for my family. I could as well be irresponsible but i chose not to.
It's a problem when the wife expects it cos supposedly it's her right for me to provide for her 100%.
we are two individuals coming together agreeing to go into a relationship. My responsibility is my child because he or she never asked to be brought into the world.

At the end of the day all the above gets thrown outta the window if their is love but i just frown upon a woman that doesn't let things happen naturally/freewilly but harbouring thoughts of "It's my right a wife that you must provide bla bla bla". Just so wrong on many fronts.

I for one never demand from any ladies so i expect to be treated the same
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2011
Summarily

With these kind of mentality who now blames Men who treat such women like the parasites and leeches they are.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

The difference is, it's my choice to labour for my family. I could as well be irresponsible but i chose not to.
It's a problem when the wife expects it cos supposedly it's her right for me to provide for her 100%.
we are two individuals coming together agreeing to go into a relationship. My responsibility is my child because he or she never asked to be brought into the world.

At the end of the day all the above gets thrown outta the window if their is love but i just frown upon a woman that doesn't let things happen naturally/freewilly but harbouring thoughts of "It's my right a wife that you must provide bla bla bla". Just so wrong on many fronts.

You took a woman under your roof . . . you took her away from her family . . . you changed her name to yours . . . you planted your seeds inside her!

errrm . . .  I think you made her your responsibility.  undecided

Your responsibility should be, not only to the children, but to the woman who bore them. Except of course she's only a means to an end for you!  undecided
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

Don't mind them . . . see them having heart attacks already . . .  cheesy  cheesy

No mind them. When others were busy making money they were busy pursuing ''awon university babes' now they wanna give us half of their burden because they are still far behind. Abegiiii cool cheesy grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Summarily

With these kind of mentality who now blames Men who treat such women like the parasites and leeches they are.

The idea behind getting married is taking over a woman from her family to build a home with her. Before you can do that, you are expected to convince her family that you can take good care of her.

Is it right to then take her away and start treating her like a parasite        undecided
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by r231(m): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

You took a woman under your roof . . . you took her away from her family . . . you changed her name to yours . . . you planted your seeds inside her!

Your responsibility should be, not only to the children, but to the woman who bore them. Except of course she's only a means to an end for you!  undecided

hmmmmmm. . . . . . dis analysis is before or after you born pikin grin cheesy grin

took her away from her family - hmmm by choice she can move bck there and i will visit that way i get to save gas and electricity grin grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Claus(m): 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

This sense of entitlement is cultural and has its roots in the period when economic wealth belonged to men with women having little access to it.

Now that society has rightly progressed and has opened up women's access to this economic wealth through education and careers, it's surprising that there are many women still steadfastly holding on to this "I must be provided for", "My money is to take care of me" sort of attitude.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
r231:

hmmmmmm. . . . . . dis analysis is before or after you born pikin grin cheesy grin

took her away from her family - by choice she can move bck there and i will visit that way i get to save gas and electricity grin grin

ROTFLMAO  grin  grin

Yea right! You can't even let her keep her name and you are talking about letting her move back home.

If only you guys were less controlling, these things would not have been and issue!  tongue  cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

Why did she bother getting an education if she sees herself as being the responsibility of someone equally educated and intelligent
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by r231(m): 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Why did she bother getting an education if she sees herself as being the responsibility of someone equally educated and intelligent

true

Ujujoan:

ROTFLMAO grin grin

Yea right! You can't even let her keep her name and you are talking about letting her move back home.

If only you guys were less controlling, these things would not have been and issue! tongue cheesy

i don't it as controlling now haba grin grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2011
Claus:

This sense of entitlement is cultural and has its roots in the period when economic wealth belonged to men with women having little access to it.

Now that society has rightly progressed and has opened up women's access to this economic wealth through education and careers, it's surprising that there are many women still steadfastly holding on to this "I must be provided for", "My money is to take care of me" sort of attitude.

We acknowledge that times are a-changing, but men have refused to change with it.

A man and woman works from morning till evening, and yet the woman is expected to be up all night, alone, doing baby duties. While the man 'rests'!

So my questions is . . . when does the woman 'rest' from her own work?  undecided

But if a man 'provides' for her and lets her work flexible hours, she can have time to 'rest' once in a while!
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2011
dayokanu:

That she's your responsibility doesn't mean she can't help out if she can . . . or that she can't work if she wants to!

I got an education because I want to work . . .

But if I'm allowed not to 'want to' work anymore, but you guys are not! cool cool
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Bawss1(m): 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

Surely the mentioned acts are the workings of the primitive man, no? I mean he must have woken up one morning slapped himself in the butt and said, "I will take a woman without any will or choice of her own from her family, bring her under my roof and plant my seed inside her." Sounds like the attack of the cave man.  grin grin grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bawss1:

Surely the mentioned acts are the workings of the primitive man, no? I mean he must have woken up one morning slapped himself in the butt and said, "I will take a woman with anyout will or choice of her own from her family, bring her under my roof and plant my seed inside her." Sounds like the attack of the cave man.  grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO . . . grin

Ok maybe not quite like that . . . . cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
You know in my state, women were sent to school to study while men were sent off for business.

The belief is that the woman gets a degree, becomes a civil servant - something to keep herself busy, while the man establishes a good business at Alaba Int'l market, to take care of his family! cool cool

So really, when it comes to education, it's not necessary a mean to achieving success as afar as Anambrarians were concerned!
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Claus(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

We acknowledge that times are a-changing, but men have refused to change with it.

A man and woman works from morning till evening, and yet the woman is expected to be up all night, alone, doing baby duties. While the man 'rests'!

So my questions is . . . when does the woman 'rest' from her own work?  undecided

But if a man 'provides' for her and lets her work flexible hours, she can have time to 'rest' once in a while!

Certain men have refused to change with the times, likewise certain women have refused to change. Each one blaming the other for their refusal to change in a never ending cycle.

In other circles, men and women are embracing this change, with women having a more significant economic input into the family and men having a more significant domestic input.

Each one can "provide" and "rest" according to their God given talents.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
r231:

true

i don't it as controlling now haba grin grin

Oh but it is . .

Every husband wants to be 'in charge' . . .  but doesn't really want to be 'in charge'! Talk about eating your cake and having it.  undecided

Claus:

Certain men have refused to change with the times, likewise certain women have refused to change. Each one blaming the other for their refusal to change in a never ending cycle.

In other circles, men and women are embracing this change, with women having a more significant economic input into the family and men having a more significant domestic input.

Each one can "provide" and "rest" according to their God given talents.

8 out of 10 women will rather work today than stay at home to be full time HWs.

But pray tell, how many men will be willing to do house chores on a rotational basis with their wives    undecided
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Bawss1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

But pray tell, how many men will be willing to do house chores on a rotational basis with their wives undecided

I for one see no problem with that and I don't think I am in the minority. Any reasonable man will agree to share the domestic workload.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bawss1:

I for one see no problem with that and I don't think I am in the minority. Any reasonable man will agree to share the domestic workload.

Oh honey, trust me . . you are in the minority! embarassed
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Claus(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

8 out of 10 women will rather work today than stay at home to be full time HWs.

But pray tell, how many men will be willing to do house chores on a rotational basis with their wives undecided

1 in 10, 5 in 10, maybe 8 in 10.

90% of statistics are plucked from thin air. smiley

There are differences, depending on country. I would guess that a greater % of men in the developed world are willing to share in household chores than men in the developing world.
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
Uju instead of you to dey find BIG FISH(that is if you don't have one) to catch you dey here dey answer these boys men? undecided cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2011
jennykadry:

Uju instead of you to dey find BIG FISH(that is if you don't have one) to catch you dey here dey answer these boys men? undecided cheesy

Jenny nwa nne'm, if to say I know I for marry that rich bobo wey dey disturb me when I dey school.

He was even offering to see me through school and send me for my master in obodo oyinbo. Plus take care of ALL my financial needs as his wife and mama of im pickins dem! I dey there dey form, thinking I had all the time in the world to meet another 'big fish'!

Not all I'm meeting are Dayos and JBs and r231s and Bawss1s . . . Chei, I'm finished! cry cry cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2011
Claus:

1 in 10, 5 in 10, maybe 8 in 10.

90% of statistics are plucked from thin air. smiley

There are differences, depending on country. I would guess that a greater % of men in the developed world are willing to share in household chores than men in the developing world.

Seriously? You really want to argue that most men will want to help with house chores as much as most women will want to work?

Try and be a lil objective here ok? Women don't just like to 'depend' just for the heck of it!

But contrary to popular belief, we are human beings too . . . undecided
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Bawss1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2011
All this 'Why Spend Mine When I Can Spend Yours' girls sef. cheesy

See opportunity wey u miss that time your NAFDAC number still dey fresh. cool

Ujujoan:

Jenny nwa nne'm, if to say I know I for marry that rich bobo wey dey disturb me when I dey school.

He was even offering to see me through school and send me for my master in obodo oyinbo. Plus take care of ALL my financial needs as his wife and mama of im pickins dem! I dey there dey form, thinking I had all the time in the world to meet another 'big fish'!

Not all I'm meeting are Dayos and JBs and r231s and Bawss1s . . .  Chei, I'm finished!  cry  cry  cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by r231(m): 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2011
I do house work all the time and i don't complain about it

helped my wife in the kitchen all the time and sometimes when i feel up to it i tell her to sit i will make dinner grin grin grin

maybe once or twice in a week grin
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bawss1:

All this 'Why Spend Mine When I Can Spend Yours' girls sef. cheesy

See opportunity wey u miss that time your NAFDAC number still dey fresh. cool

My NAFDAC number is still very fresh thank you . . .  cool  cool

Unfortunately, the quality of your 'stock' is reducing drastically!  tongue  cool
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2011
r231:

I do house work all the time and i don't complain about it

helped my wife in the kitchen all the time and sometimes when i feel up to it i tell her to sit i will make dinner grin grin grin

maybe once or twice in a week grin

You see . . . you 'help' her!

All we want is to 'help' you guys too! cool cheesy
Re: Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? by Claus(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ujujoan:

Seriously? You really want to argue that most men will want to help with house chores as much as most women will want to work?

Try and be a lil objective here ok? Women don't just like to 'depend' just for the heck of it!

But contrary to popular belief, we are human beings too . . . undecided

I wouldn't like to argue that at all. I don't have the statistics, and in being objective, I don't want to make them up.

What I've said, based on anecdotal evidence, is that there are circles in which men and women are now adapting to the new responsibilites that the changing society dictates.

I then further said that I think a greater % of men in the developed world are willing to share household duties than men in the developing world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Common Sexual Problems In Marriage. / Homosexual Teacher / Thread For Persons With Disability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.