Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) (41180 Views)

Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / This Is Enugu Agidi, Anambra State / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport Enugu: The Realities, Politics And New Hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Bkayyy: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2021
raker300:
Those that think enugu is full of “bush”..

Here’s the city center
The city center below

18 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by okeyglm: 9:13am On Apr 15, 2021
Bkayyy:

And where is the Enugu?
Lol.
You sit in your house and hate for no reason
just 2% of the town. where is greeny area of abakpa, achara layout uwani , obiagu asata ogui. Trans ekulu , new Haven and emene.

7 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by MrSamsung(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2021
alizma:
Go to Kogi, Benue and Jos, you will find even better landscape, greener than this

No you won't find it. Don't lie. Else post pictures

If you had said Abuja, then you will be right.

10 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2021
NigeriaIsZOO:

Are you sure you studied geography in secondary school?

Enugu is not in the rainforest forest belt, it's actually located in the derived or guinea savahna.
Enugu is best described as rain forest....am talking about Enugu as a whole not the town called Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Jman24(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2021
South east Nigeria is generally beautiful

13 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by EzeNri(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

But part of what op showed is the milikin hill which is a forest not even a bush, Enugu that has no water to start with
Enugu sits on a mountain, atop a huge coal deposit.

The North doesn't have water while Ijaw with their abundance of water is not drinkable. We can pipe water from Ebonyi to Enugu.

I am sure you are in sifia pains because no part of your Ijaw is more developed than Enugu

31 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Ikwerelastborn: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2021
EzeNri:

Enugu sits on a mountain, atop a huge coal deposit.

The North doesn't have water while Ijaw with their abundance of water is not drinkable. We can pipe water from Ebonyi to Enugu.

I am sure you are in sifia pains because no part of your Ijaw is more developed than Enugu
Lol see consolation,Enugu is a village where porthacourt is

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2021
grin Well it has Vegetation and that's a good thing but OP what has your Government used the green to do? I might also tie it to the lesser population density.
Regions with green vegetation has cleaner air and I hope it's not only one fine area you're showing us.

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Enugu is okay but Abakpa side is always an eyesore.

I really pray that Enugu will have a governor that will pay attention to Abakpa.

Again NIKE people of Abakpa side need to cooperate

Ugwuanyi is visionless and a disappointment!

4 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 15, 2021
okeyglm:
just 2% of the town. where is greeny area of abakpa, achara layout uwani , obiagu asata ogui. Trans ekulu , new Haven and emene.
No mind the guy

What of Agbani road down to Gariki or Akwuke...where is the green part of it

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Drizzy5001(m): 11:00am On Apr 15, 2021
Enugu is beautiful and very calm no doubt, you will hardly hear about violence or cult related issues there unlike some SS and SW states in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Hintona(f): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2021
This is what I love about the southern part of Nigeria, so green especially at the beginning of the rainy season.

5 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by KosiGee(m): 11:05am On Apr 15, 2021
owobokiri:
I like Enugu sha..
Thought Awka will follow suit in terms of planning and organisation, but structural development in Awka seems to be going the way of Onitsha..

I wish I could agree with the op. Enugu of today isn’t the Enugu of 15 years ago. A lot has changed. I prefer Enugu of 2000.

Governors Chimaroke and Chime messed up the landscape and city plan. Yes I said so. Chime might be hailed for some infrastructural developments but in my opinion, the man destroyed Enugu.
Road networks and maintenance, but...Old polo park should not have been sold or converted to shopping mall. There were lots of lands spaces outside of the city to benefit from that...Nike, Awkunanaw, Nkanu, Agbani etc. Why destroy Old polo park?
GTC...Government Technical College opp shop rite has been invaded with most of their lands sold and converted to residential areas!

WTC isn’t spared, the green area opp Rangers Ave was first taken over by Chimaroke and ruined, green areas adjacent Okpara square were not spared, House of Assembly complex has shopping malls beside it, IMT lands have been sold, bought with buildings all over..

Where are the green areas and recreational parks? Achara layout should have a big park, Uwani has Ngwo park and its only a matter of time before an idiot in power sell those to himself.

It seems the current governor has got the bug and wants to outdo his predecessors...every available land space s been acquired with an indiscriminate building of houses all over.

What happened to the old zoo beside 82 Div Abakpa? It has been sold. Old Phoenix? Iconic secretariat building with the clock could not be preserved. We lack the expertise, vision and skills to preserve and modernise that building.

Enugu state and Igbos will suffer for these destructions and greed. We call that development...Presidential hotel is now a dilapidated structure. Soon someone will exploit its ruined state and acquire it for peanuts.

Pls posters should stop deceiving people. Enugu is losing its potentials. The master plan is gone. Chime has a lot of questions to answer. The man ruined Enugu. Ugwuanyi followed suit. Under him, lands have been sold and existing city master plan messed up.

Town development isn’t just about selling lands and building duplexes with twin columns and fake bricks all around it.

Okada and Keke have taken over and it’s hard to drive without the operators of these vehicles not hitting or scratching your car.

It’s not too late to stop the greed that’s taking over and ruining the city. I hope the governor or the leadership in Ebonyi state will learn a lot from what’s happening in Enugu and prevent this in Abakaliki.

15 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by owobokiri(m): 11:26am On Apr 15, 2021
KosiGee:

I wish I could agree with the op. Enugu of today isn’t the Enugu of 15 years ago. A lot has changed. I prefer Enugu of 2000.

Governors Chimaroke and Chime messed up the landscape and city plan. Yes said so. Chime might be hailed for some infrastructural developments but in my opinion, the man destroyed Enugu.
Road networks and maintenance, but...Old polo park should not have been sold or converted to sopping mall. There were lots of lands spaces outside of the city to benefit from that...Nike, Awkunanaw, Nkanu, Agbani etc. Why destroy Old polo park?
GTC...Government Technical College opp shop rite has been invaded with most of their lands sold and converted to residential areas!

WTC isn’t spared, the green area opp Rangers Ave was first taken over by Chimaroke and ruined, green areas adjacent Okpara square were not spared, House of Assembly complex has shopping malls beside it, IMT lands have Ben sold, bought with buildings all over..

Where are the green areas and recreational parks? Achara layout should have a big park, Uwani has Ngwo park and its only a matter of time before an idiot in power sell those to himself.

It seems the current governor has got the bug and wants to outdo his predecessors...every available land space s been acquired with an indiscriminate building of houses all over.

What happened to the old zoo beside 82 Div Abakpa? It has been sold. Old Phoenix? Iconic secretariat building with the clock could not be preserved. We lack the expertise, vision and skills to preserve and modernise that building.

Enugu state and Igbos will suffer for these destructions and greed. We call that development...Presidential hotel is now a dilapidated structure. Soon someone will exploit its ruined state and acquire it for peanuts.

Pls posters should stop deceiving people. Enugu is losing its potentials. The master plan is gone. Chime has a lot of questions to answer. The man ruined Enugu. Ugwuanyi followed suit. Under him, lands have been sold and existing city master plan messed up.

Town development isn’t just about selling lands and building duplexes with twin columns and fake bricks all around it.

Okada and Keke have taken over and it’s hard to drive without the operators of these vehicles not hitting or scratching your car.

It’s not too late to stop the greed that’s taking over and ruining the city. I hope the governor or the leadership in Ebonyi state will learn a lot from what’s happening in Enugu and prevent this in Abakaliki.
Disheartening really..

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by okeyglm: 11:48am On Apr 15, 2021
KosiGee:

Governors Chimaroke and Chime messed up the landscape and city plan. Yes I said so. Chime might be hailed for some infrastructural developments but in my opinion, the man destroyed Enugu.
Road networks and maintenance, but...Old polo park should not have been sold or converted to shopping mall. There were lots of lands spaces outside of the city to benefit from that...Nike, Awkunanaw, Nkanu, Agbani etc. Why destroy Old polo park?

WTC isn’t spared, the green area opp Rangers Ave was first taken over by Chimaroke and ruined, green areas adjacent Okpara square were not spared, House of Assembly complex has shopping malls beside it, IMT lands have been sold, bought with buildings all over..

kosi all you pointed out here is nothing but the truth. don't mind those praise singers up there. verily, Enugu city has deteriorated and still dilapidating.

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by hatakekakashi: 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
Beautiful. Front page

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by EzeNri(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Lol see consolation,Enugu is a village where porthacourt is
Is PH Ijaw land?

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by EzeNri(m): 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2021
hatakekakashi:
Beautiful. Front page
Lalasticlala, the whole world need to see our beloved Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by raker300: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
grin Well it has Vegetation and that's a good thing but OP what has your Government used the green to do? I might also tie it to the lesser population density.
Regions with green vegetation has cleaner air and I hope it's not only one fine area you're showing us.
mr man, eastern Nigeria has the highest population boom and private real estate growth in Nigeria.

What is the greenery used for? Well for starters, it’s provides us with much needed oxygen that our Brains uses to function well and keep us calm unlike other regions
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Starcrest1: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
alizma:
Go to Kogi, Benue and Jos, you will find even better landscape, greener than this

It's like your head is paining you. This Jos I'm staying or another one.? Jo's that's full of rocks which hinders grass growth and proper planning, abi Markurdi that looks like a village.

Take time o.

15 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Zeeknow3245(m): 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
raker300:
mr man, eastern Nigeria has the highest population boom and private real estate growth in Nigeria.

What is the greenery used for? Well for starters, it’s provides us with much needed oxygen that our Brains uses to function well and keep us calm unlike other regions
You're kidding me right now with the theory of functioning brain. If that brain is truly functioning the east would have been far off great. Look at the Eastern governors over the Decades, how many of them had sense to construct motorable roads. Individualistic speaking the East is a growing, but Collectively, far behind. That Oxygen would have done you guys in selecting good Government.
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Starcrest1: 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
okeyglm:
keep showing us bushes. apart from gra. few places in independent layout, where else? even the greeny gra is know longer like before.

Oga Enugu fine pass a lot of cities in Nigeria. Independence layout is not a small area so development choke that side. New Haven dey o, Ogui, Trans ekulu.

In fact get out.

9 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Ikinternational: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2021
Mikecold:
Just pray Fulani terrorists don't see those green areas

wicked man. i don't know why i laughed
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Ikinternational: 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

You're kidding me right now with the theory of functioning brain. If that brain is truly functioning the east would have been far off great. Look at the Eastern governors over the Decades, how many of them had sense to construct motorable roads. Individualistic speaking the East is a growing, but Collectively, far behind. That Oxygen would have done you guys in selecting good Government.

FAR behind abi
federal and corporate presence is the only thing lacking in the SE

but those are two very big things

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Jman24(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hintona:
This is what I love about the southern part of Nigeria, so green especially at the beginning of the rainy season.

And the ambiance of eastern states have this soothing look.

This is a normal place in owerri and not even a GRA

5 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Jman24(m): 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
Starcrest1:

Oga Enugu fine pass a lot of cities in Nigeria. Independence layout is not a small area so development choke that side. New Haven dey o, Ogui, Trans ekulu.

In fact get out.

Exactly.
Enugu is a nice place
Anambra is fantastic
Abia state(has the potential to become the Dubai of SE with visionary leaders. It has the best street/grid system across the country)
Ebonyi is still up coming; the media noise is welcome anyway

6 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bkayyy:
Heart attack for some people wey never leave their mama bedroom.
We've told them that when they will know the gap Igbo cities gave their own is when Igbo become independent. Then they will either watch it from Foreign media or Igbo media.
They will be hearing stories like that of dubai

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by raker300: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bkayyy:
Heart attack for some people wey never leave their mama bedroom.
We've told them that when they will know the gap Igbo cities gave their own is when Igbo become independent. Then they will either watch it from Foreign media or Igbo media.
They will be hearing stories like that of dubai
this is how they’ll be reading this your post right now

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Jman24(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
The platform for world class cities of the Eastern states is already there. Just little 'tick tock'..
south east is also having a hard time from an offshoot of the so called document called the Nigerian constitution

It is not easy to build all those skyscrapers you see in Dubai without Resource autonomy; We know corruption exists.

Below is the grid street system of Aba. The platform is there already

14 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by MrSamsung(m): 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2021
Jman24:
The platform for world class cities of the Eastern states is already there. Just little 'tick tock'..
south east is also having a hard time from an offshoot of the so called document called the Nigerian constitution

It is not easy to build all those skyscrapers you see in Dubai without Resource autonomy; We know corruption exists.

Below is the grid street system of Aba. The platform is there already

Please are you sure this is Aba? Wow

Tell me how you check it on Google Map if it is Aba. Let me also check and confirm
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Jman24(m): 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
MrSamsung:

Please are you sure this is Aba? Wow

Tell me how you check it on Google Map if it is Aba. Let me also check and confirm

Zoom at the top right corner of the map, you will see what you are looking for

6 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by MrSamsung(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
Jman24:

Zoom at the top right corner of the map, you will see what you are looking for
Ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.