Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? (31993 Views)

Poll: How do you find Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's dressing?

It's great: 29% (61 votes)
It's not bad: 37% (78 votes)
It's horrible: 33% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

You Are A Clown....tunji Braithwaite Blasts Obasanjo / Is Obiano A Clown? Photo / El Rufai Calls Governor Obi A Clown For Questioning His Presence In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by johnie: 8:56am On Apr 22, 2011
Salamsm,

Why is is that Iranians wear suits but don't wear ties?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by 13volts(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2011
His dressing is o.k. But I als despised that hat. Just as someone said signifies and identify with slavery.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Rhino5dm: 9:06am On Apr 22, 2011
Ehm, the mode of dressing may not be unconnected with his ethnic inclination.

But as such, I personally think he needs a good tailor. undecided undecided
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by johnie: 9:07am On Apr 22, 2011
Sorry, I meant to put the rope in quotes - why do westerners wear "ropes" around their necks and call it ties?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2011
johnie:

Ileke, hold your horses.

Westerners, not in the sense SW Nigeria but in the global sense.

I.e. Western world!

sorry

@naijababe

lol
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by mbatuku1: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

Nothing. He just wants you to do us all a fovor: GO HUG A PHOCKING TRANSFORMER REEEETARD.

What a Bimbo!

Whatz up mummy-Gee?

Wrong!  The Hausas and Malians copied it from the Yorubas.

I didn't finish my thoughts. I was going to add that the Agbada is of Arabian origin. Both Hausas and Yorubas copied it from them, one after the other. So it's not indigenous to Yoruba people. And not even african.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 22, 2011
Agbada = Best worn by Yorubas.

End of.

Infact, Agbada is solely for the Yorubas. grin
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by naijangel7(f): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@naijababe

lol

Naijangel!
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Ystranger: 9:35am On Apr 22, 2011
^^^Whats the difference?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by naijangel7(f): 9:38am On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

^^^Whats the difference?

Sharrap fstranger incarnate! grin grin seriously, there's also a naijababe on NL.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

This is when he is at his best.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGNg7yCkbDtRYT2VLmh9rja528CemeNi6Zi9yQaJF8WzhijYtodQ&t=1[/img]

The best so far unlike that one where he looks like baba suwe or gorilla.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Viques: 10:02am On Apr 22, 2011
There's absolutely nuffing wrong with his dressing. He is simply displaying his rich cultural heritage.
@ poster, I hope u have an origin and for God's sakes u must have an attire, so just wait until u become president then u can display urs.
The president is simply amazing in his outfit and if u dont like it, u can as well go and hang urself.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Johndoe100(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2011
Anyone that does not like the way we dress in the ND, can go and get stuffed.

The op is just one of those gays that Buhari was screwing and know is hurt 'cos his lover lost out.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Iyineda(m): 11:36am On Apr 22, 2011
I actually like Mr Jonathan's dressing style. It is very elegant and stands out from the classic suits. It's also not as flashy as agbada (I love agbadas grin) so it's a nice compromise between formal-wear and traditional look.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 22, 2011
which,yeye culture se dat im cap and that chain wey im dey hang for chest are they made in ijaw or made in ibo
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Martass: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
What about the funny chain in front of his shirt? Maybe it's the hat and the chain which makes him look kind a funny.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
mbatuku1:

I didn't finish my thoughts. I was going to add that the Agbada is of Arabian origin. Both Hausas and Yorubas copied it from them, one after the other. So it's not indigenous to Yoruba people. And not even african.
hmm .we are discussing sartorial matters and okoro has an idea he wants to contribute. keke ke keeeeeeee grin grin
nna ennnnnnnnnn
you come?
kedu.

ha makate nah
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by eghost247(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
Lmao Baba Iyabo Swag ^^^
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by papasoko: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
leave my president alone oh,
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Gbawe: 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
There is nothing wrong with how GEJ dresses . He is patriotically wearing attires popular in his region of Origin. Nigerian Presidents are good like that from OBJ, to Yar Adua and now GEJ. This is unlike Presidents from the Country of origin of the OP (Ghana) who consistently shun indigenous clothing to don suit regularly.

Very rich of OP to say our President dresses like a clown when , to me , and in this day and age of mental emancipation, the "clown" title fits the African leaders who cannot set examples of self-respect by inspiring Africans to be proud of their culture.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by eghost247(m): 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
Nothing wrong with the way he dresses
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
Gbawe:

There is nothing wrong with how GEJ dresses . He is patriotically wearing attires popular in his region of Origin. Nigerian Presidents are good like that from OBJ, to Yar Adua and now GEJ. This is unlike Presidents from the Country of origin of the OP (Ghana) who consistently shun indigenous clothing to don suit regularly.

going back to the comment i made earlier, i think the person that called GEJ a clown because of his CULTURAL attire was indeed a Ghanaian. lol. simply because he wasn't wearing the western style of a suit and tie, he was calling GEJ a clown. SMH.
well the Ghanaian leaders have no choice, after all, this is what they call traditional.  grin grin grin grin grin

okay, im done  cool
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2011
i think the issue is that HAT rather incongruous and nothing African about it.but then he is igbo grin grin afterall what do they know
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by lawmanlala(m): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
whoever started dis thread must b mad. Why must d president, an indigene of niger delta dress in agbada. His dressing reflects his culture. Y do northerners dont dress like d igbos or yorubas?, do u mean d niger deltans should abandon their cultures bc they are minorities? U must b mad. Lai lima tours d whole world in his native religious dressing n nobody is complaining. Already u can c we r rising, n will kip on rising. If u r nt comfortable with d president's native dressing, look 4 a nearby hot transformer n hug it. To hell u bastardised n pugnatious tribalist
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by EzeUche3(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2011
I actually have no problem with President Jonathan dressed in such a way.

It is better he dress in his indigenous clothing, than the Western attire used by most African Heads of State.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Beync(f): 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2011
All these clowns making noice, did u ever  see yaradua on suit when he was the president?
Now show me  buhari on suit i will show u a comedian on stage
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Gbawe: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
lawmanlala:

whoever   started   dis   thread   must   b   mad.   Why   must d president, an indigene   of niger   delta   dress   in   agbada.   His  dressing   reflects   his   culture.   Y   do  northerners   dont   dress   like   d   igbos   or   yorubas?,   do   u   mean   d   niger  deltans   should   abandon   their   cultures   bc  they   are  minorities?   U   must  b   mad.  Lai  lima  tours  d  whole  world  in  his  native  religious   dressing  n nobody  is  complaining.   Already  u  can   c   we   r   rising,   n   will  kip   on  rising.   If  u  r  nt   comfortable  with  d  president's  native  dressing,  look 4  a nearby  hot  transformer  n  hug  it.  To  hell  u  bastardised  n  pugnatious  tribalist          

Do you not read contributions to a thread before you talk? The OP is Ghanaian so calm any misplaced angry yarn about Nigerians not from the SS mocking GEJ's attire.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Beync(f): 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
JOke apart, Have guys ever seen aboki on suit before?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Gbawe: 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
Beync:

JOke apart, Have guys ever seen aboki on suit before?

Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
dangote suits up often as do those in banks,lawyers and doctors.not all are mai suya.

but suit is not the issue.
our heads  of state have never worn suits
not even the military when they wear mufti .
i think the issue is that hat ,[b][/b]

if is funny and embarassing except to yibbo people
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Beync(f): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
Gbawe:

Very miserly
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by EzeUche3(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2011
What is ridiculous is the attire Nigerian judges wear. Something that is not suitable to a tropical climate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Hajia Aisha Buhari Hosts Adamawa Women / Nigerian Man Attacked With Bottle By A Drunk Couple In France (Graphic Photos) / Should President Buhari Contest In 2019? Abuja Residents Share Their Opinions (v

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.