Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? (19493 Views)

What Challenges Did You Face When Starting Your Business? / 3 Common Mistakes People Make When Starting A Business / Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Olofin2(m): 10:57am On Apr 26, 2021
aycorporat:

Yeah I know there.
Funny thing is that they are good and accommodating people.

Probably some few snitches here and there.

For me to decide to live in that town means that I made a lot of friends so easily that I was willing to marry from there. I mean a lot of very important people became my friend...Chief Boluwaji who was Director of Health Dept. in that LGA; Mr Ipinlaye from Ajuwa, who wanted to sneak me into Ondo TESCOM despite not having a degree in Education; the old woman, who is the owner of the shop I used opposite enterprise bank (the shop was her former food canteen; hearing that my biz was a start-up, she gave me all her long table and long chairs, often served me lunch free of charge because her husband's house is the storey building beside the shop); an old pepper seller at the market square, whose daughter was my closest friend despite not dating her; a printer and photocopier repairer from Oge, who told me a mysterious story that happened in Oge which I included in my published novel... Even policemen used by board of internal revenue became my personal friends. A rate officer from that LGA lent me money used to buy my generator. I lived in the house of a RCCG pastor during my time there.

The list is endless. Last but not least is Chief Abanikanda... Assuming there is a job, I will return there any day.

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Olayinka777(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2021
Olofin2:
The govt of Ondo state went after me.

At the end of my nysc year in Ondo state in 2013, I established a desktop publishing centre in the town where I served. My prices for publishing per page and photocopy were half of what the locals were charging. I was approached not to destroy their means of livelihood with my charges. I refused. Next thing was that the local government officials came and demanded for tax of 15k in a business that was less than 3 months old. I had not made 15k since when I started that business.

So, they seized my equipments until I was able to pay.

After that, Ondo state internal revenue came demanding for 27k tax. I flared up and they closed my shop and took my computers, generator and photocopy machine away. I got them back after payment and left Ondo state forever.
It was your stubbornness that killed u. When u were told not to destroy the livelihood of the locals u should have listened.

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by chatinent: 11:07am On Apr 26, 2021
1. No blood in business.

2. Don't pay for sex with your business.

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Greatersttar: 11:25am On Apr 26, 2021
Cybercop2002:
pls how do u get capital i also have business idea and the skill with business plan but capital is only what is stopping me
Where is ur location
Do u have a complete business proposal with market survey
Are u willing to own the business with an investor?
If yes, DM me lets discuss about it
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Cybercop2002: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2021
Greatersttar:

Where is ur location
thanks bro maybe let do that on Facebook or flash my number i will call u 09073027735
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Cybercop2002: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2021
Greatersttar:

Where is ur location
i lived in lagos and i had done everything needed about the business
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Greatersttar: 11:40am On Apr 26, 2021
Cybercop2002:
thanks bro maybe let do that on Facebook or flash my number i will call u 09073027735
Ur WhatsApp number will be better. This one is not on whatsapp. Pls delete it 15mins after posting it
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Cybercop2002: 11:43am On Apr 26, 2021
Greatersttar:

Ur WhatsApp number will be better. This one is not on whatsapp. Pls delete it 15mins after posting it
i don't use whatsapp bro that is y i said you should flash my number i will call u or let discuss on fb
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Greatersttar: 11:45am On Apr 26, 2021
Cybercop2002:
i don't use whatsapp bro that is y i said you should flash my number i will call u or let discuss on fb
I just texted u. Dont bother calling back I will call u by 7pm tonight, if I forget pls call me with dat number
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Cybercop2002: 11:48am On Apr 26, 2021
Greatersttar:

I just texted u. Dont bother calling back I will call u by 7pm tonight, if I forget pls call me with dat number
thanks bro you just make mt day kinda bring my lost hope to life
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Cybercop2002: 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
Greatersttar:

haven't seen the message oooo,maybe send it again or flash me 09073027735
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Funkybabee(f): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2021
not enough fund

I do spend profit before I finished selling the goods self, but when things are getting expensive patronage reduce and no fund to support it to keep running

omo na money
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by GreaterFuture3: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2021
Icumsa45:

Yes sir, but only for those who understand the market and are serious
Ok, I would message you privately to talk More.
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
GreaterFuture3:

Ok, I would message you privately to talk More.

Waiting
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by aycorporat(m): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
Olofin2:

For me to decide to live in that town means that I made a lot of friends so easily that I was willing to marry from there. I mean a lot of very important people became my friend...Chief Boluwaji who was Director of Health Dept. in that LGA; Mr Ipinlaye from Ajuwa, who wanted to sneak me into Ondo TESCOM despite not having a degree in Education; the old woman, who is the owner of the shop I used opposite enterprise bank (the shop was her former food canteen; hearing that my biz was a start-up, she gave me all her long table and long chairs, often served me lunch free of charge because her husband's house is the storey building beside the shop); an old pepper seller at the market square, whose daughter was my closest friend despite not dating her; a printer and photocopier repairer from Oge, who told me a mysterious story that happened in Oge which I included in my published novel... Even policemen used by board of internal revenue became my personal friends. A rate officer from that LGA lent me money used to buy my generator. I lived in the house of a RCCG pastor during my time there.

The list is endless. Last but not least is Chief Abanikanda... Assuming there is a job, I will return there any day.
God bless you my dear brother.
The woman whose shop you used is Agbonmagbe food canteen. You have a good heart. Can I have your digits

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by ofiko123(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lack of finance, electricity problem and inadequate manpower...
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Olofin2(m): 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2021
aycorporat:

God bless you my dear brother.
The woman whose shop you used is Agbonmagbe food canteen. You have a good heart. Can I have your digits

Thanks, bro! The number is enabled on WhatsApp.
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by tenzofall: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2021
@ThEGodFaThEr102 i hope you are enjoying your ban as you sleep in that your mud house.

Use this period of being banned from Nairaland to reflect on your life and set your path right. Enjoy your jail term. Cheers kid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Lemmy123(m): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
SweetVibe:
Is this the requirement to start a dead vulture selling business? please am interested boss to join you in this darling business
Damn! Your name should be Tiwa grin
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
buygala:
Have alternative power sources

Dont Sell on credit

Dont Sleep with your sales girl

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Judybash93(m): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
brainmax2000:
that thing dey usually confuse person eh, you go drugs plenty grin

are you a pro now?

Lol..i won't even consider myself to be a pro, I'm still learning but i know what to do whenever i observe some familiar characteristics in em birds...
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Sheuns(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Hello I would need your assistance for an import later on . Can I get your number??

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by teegrams(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2021
RapistOnBail:

What challenge did you experience starting a business was the question

If you operate an open mind , you will understand I just listed the challenges and advised as follows
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Amber925: 11:54am On Apr 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I am pessimistic about business in Nigeria but if you must go on have a very big marketing budget.

Learn how google ads work and how Facebook ads work and how to use them to close sales. Also get a good location too for offline sales.

Exactly! You need to learn how paid online adverts works these days and if you can't learn, have someone to do it for you. Because how far can you go with organic traffic if you aren't really an influencer.
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by njubu: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2022
Olofin2:

How can I get your published novel?
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Sayre: 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
slimthugchimee2:
Hello nairalanders

I having a business idea that I am about to startup, I have acquired the capital and skillset ready to start small, I also have a clear cut business plan for it.

Now I just want to hear from other nairalanders the challenges they experienced when they started their business.

Data smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market / FX Arbitrage Widens To ₦‎206/$1 Enabling Round-Tripping, CBN Vows Crack Down / PFS 25th Anniversary: "Started With A Borrowed Laptop, Car And Drive"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.