Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) (50480 Views)

Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) / ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State / A Nairalander Visits Ado Awaye Suspended Lake In Oyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by ECHICHE: 5:21am On Apr 24, 2021
The prevailing insecurity in Nigeria has rendered tourism useless.

Visiting tourist centres at your risk...... Kidnappers, bandits, killer herdsmen, cultists are in the rise
Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by ECHICHE: 5:22am On Apr 24, 2021
The prevailing insecurity in Nigeria has rendered tourism useless.

Visit tourist centres at your risk...... Kidnappers, bandits, killer herdsmen, cultists are on the rise
Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by AnanseK(m): 6:50am On Apr 24, 2021
travelwaka:
The other one is in the united States, colorado to be precise , it's called the hanging lake

Thanks. So lake Titicaca is not a hanging lake?
Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by ThierryJay: 6:52am On Apr 24, 2021
theTranslator:
this I too know spirit isn't good
I also did geography
I was the best in my school

You behave like a child

The fact that you could always make research makes you look more stupid
Google,Bing,ask etc
But you must show off false knowledge??

You call what you posted research? A writeup by a Nigerian tabloid (Cable.ng) that google regurgitated? Do you even know that your own statement above can be brought up by google to someone else. Imagine if that person now holds on to your statement as facts from research??

I repeat, if the definition of suspended lake is a body of stagnant water on a hill or mountain? Does a crater lake not meet this criteria? Is it not on top of a mountain? Is it not stagnant? Isn't it a body of water? Since it meets all these qualities, it is also suspended (in fact, even at a higher height cos it's at the very top). FYI, there are many crater lakes all around the world.

Are you also aware that there are many isolated lakes on mountains formed by melted glaciers? These are called Corrie/Cirque lakes and they meet all the above criteria as well. Pls research well before you continue to display absolute ignorance on this subject.

And why is it that it's the ignorant ones that are quick to insult people. Imagine this one with horrible knowledge gap calling me stupid?? It is well o.

Only 2 suspended lakes kwa? I laugh in Swahili. See an example of a Corrie Lake (Blea water) below. Pls tell me it's not suspended.

Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by ThierryJay: 6:58am On Apr 24, 2021
[quote author=egorov post=101062308][/quote]

What you posted does not make it true. It's a writeup by a Nigerian tabloid (Cable.ng) that google regurgitated.

If the definition of suspended lake is a body of stagnant water on a hill or mountain? Does a crater lake not meet this criteria? Is it not on top of a mountain? Is it not stagnant? Isn't it a body of water? Since it meets all these qualities, it is also suspended (in fact, even at a higher height cos it's at the very top). FYI, there are many crater lakes all around the world.

Also, there are many isolated lakes on mountains formed by melted glaciers These are called Corrie/Cirque lakes and they meet all the above criteria as well.
Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by theTranslator: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2021
ThierryJay:

You call what you posted research? A writeup by a Nigerian tabloid (Cable.ng) that google regurgitated? Do you even know that your own statement above can be brought up by google to someone else. Imagine if that person now holds on to your statement as facts from research??

I repeat, if the definition of suspended lake is a body of stagnant water on a hill or mountain? Does a crater lake not meet this criteria? Is it not on top of a mountain? Is it not stagnant? Isn't it a body of water? Since it meets all these qualities, it is also suspended (in fact, even at a higher height cos it's at the very top). FYI, there are many crater lakes all around the world.

Are you also aware that there are many isolated lakes on mountains formed by melted glaciers? These are called Corrie/Cirque lakes and they meet all the above criteria as well. Pls research well before you continue to display absolute ignorance on this subject.

And why is it that it's the ignorant ones that are quick to insult people. Imagine this one with horrible knowledge gap calling me stupid?? It is well o.

Only 2 suspended lakes kwa? I laugh in Swahili. See an example of a Corrie Lake (Blea water) below. Pls tell me it's not suspended.

the fact that you are still arguing shows you are more stupid than I thought
you have no dignity

let me now lecture you

1.suspended lakes are lakes that are on the top of a hill they don't have any tributary or river
2.a Corrie or Cirque always has a river no matter how small connecting to it
3. a Crater lake or caldera forms on the top of a expired volcano not hill a Crater lake is formed when the top of a volcano is blown away or when it sinks into the lava
a lake is a drainage system
drainage systems are meant to drain water away,they are meant to be down not up
suspended lakes are up (top of a hill)
have you seen a gutter higher than the area it's draining?
Crater lakes are watered by rain and rain only
they never get to the water table
the blea you put up is a Cirque, a Cirque is never on top of a hill
it's always by the side and always has a little river that drains it
4.you read in geography about lakes right?
go back to your textbooks
use search engines

this pompous attitude won't help you

I am sure your parents and colleagues have told you about your I too know attitude

I was the best in geography during secondary school

you know absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by tonyashburton: 8:45am On Apr 24, 2021
Na dis small pool of water una dey call lake?
Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by ThierryJay: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2021
theTranslator:

the fact that you are still arguing shows you are more stupid than I thought
you have no dignity

let me now lecture you

1.suspended lakes are lakes that are on the top of a hill they don't have any tributary or river
2.a Corrie or Cirque always has a river no matter how small connecting to it
3. a Crater lake or caldera forms on the top of a expired volcano not hill a Crater lake is formed when the top of a volcano is blown away or when it sinks into the lava
a lake is a drainage system
drainage systems are meant to drain water away,they are meant to be down not up
suspended lakes are up (top of a hill)
have you seen a gutter higher than the area it's draining?
Crater lakes are watered by rain and rain only
they never get to the water table
the blea you put up is a Cirque, a Cirque is never on top of a hill
it's always by the side and always has a little river that drains it
4.you read in geography about lakes right?
go back to your textbooks
use search engines

this pompous attitude won't help you

I am sure your parents and colleagues have told you about your I too know attitude

I was the best in geography during secondary school

you know absolutely nothing

If you are the best in geography in your school then I'm sorry to say that you and your school are an epic embarassment to the geographic science sphere. Instead of you to sit down and learn, you are arguing blindly like stupidity is your trademark.

The corrie lake I showed you is an isolated lake by the top side of a mountain/hill. It does not have any river connecting to it. It is in a Cirque which used to be the source of a glacier, thus there is no river/water table feeding it. It's only rain/melted snow that goes into it. In addition, Blea water does not drain down as a source to another river. It is completely isolated which invalidates your inaccurate claim.

Even when it's obvious and being proven to you that there are many isolated water bodies on hill or mountain tops that don't have tributaries, feeders or drainers, you will still go ahead to spew rubbish all in the name of best student in geography.

Meanwhile your hanging lake in Colorado (below) even has a waterfall flowing into it yet invalidating your baseless claim again. So how is it still a suspended lake (as you claim) when it has a waterfall inflow and also flows underground outwards?

Second pic below is Blea water lake showing how it's completely encircled and drain does not drain into any river neither does it have any river feeding it.

Olodo Rabata

Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by theTranslator: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
ThierryJay:

If you are the best in geography in your school then I'm sorry to say that you and your school are an epic embarassment to the geographic science sphere. Instead of you to sit down and learn, you are arguing blindly like stupidity is your trademark.

The corrie lake I showed you is an isolated lake by the top side of a mountain/hill. It does not have any river connecting to it. It is in a Cirque which used to be the source of a glacier, thus there is no river/water table feeding it. It's only rain/melted snow that goes into it. In addition, Blea water does not drain down as a source to another river. It is completely isolated which invalidates your inaccurate claim.

Even when it's obvious and being proven to you that there are many isolated water bodies on hill or mountain tops that don't have tributaries, feeders or drainers, you will still go ahead to spew rubbish all in the name of best student in geography.

Meanwhile your hanging lake in Colorado (below) even has a waterfall flowing into it yet invalidating your baseless claim again. So how is it still a suspended lake (as you claim) when it has a waterfall inflow and also flows underground outwards?

Second pic below is Blea water lake showing how it's completely encircled and drain does not drain into any river neither does it have any river feeding it.

Olodo Rabata

as I said
use Google
I can't teach you everything

any Corrie or Cirque must have a path of drainage

you're just too thick headed

I blame your teachers

use a search engine

don't forget this is a public forum

I don't fancy typing
Re: Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) by ThierryJay: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
theTranslator:
as I said
use Google
I can't teach you everything

any Corrie or Cirque must have a path of drainage

you're just too thick headed

I blame your teachers

use a search engine

don't forget this is a public forum

I don't fancy typing

grin grin grin See this d*mbo trying to save face after being called out.

Oga you never explain how hanging lake Colorado still qualifies as a suspended lake after having a waterfall drain into it while it also drains underground. You conveniently ignored that because it exposes your cluelessness on this subject.

I repeat myself, does hanging lake Colorado not have a path of drainage? How come it is the only other suspended lake in the world grin grin? By contrast, Blea water is a stagnant water body that does not drain off through any river or underground.

It's obvious your analytical reasoning is non-existent, that's why you keep screaming google google to hide under. Unfortunately google would even expose your ignorance further rather than help you.

Please reply with another dumb response and let me finish you off. If you are unable to reply logically, feel free to insult; to cement your knucklehead status.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! / Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.