Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? (81851 Views)

This Little Bird Lost Its Way Into My Compound / Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by timibare(m): 11:58am On Apr 28, 2021
Awwwn she's so cute.....pls don't kill her

4 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by TheEnygma(m): 12:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
SKhanmi:
Looks like a peregrine falcon. The orange color is off though. Please do not burn it. Release it.
I agree, it looks like a peregrine falcon, But someone up there just said it's a "Lizard buzzard".....I never knew such a bird existed. I don learn something new today. gringrin

8 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by folabayo(f): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
Pierocash:
This is Iya Abeni going to meeting but missed her way. You go catch am and asking for her name,your dogs have foresight and have started protesting,but you are here asking for her name.

You better let go before members come for you
How u take know bros?
Na only wizard de know wizard.
@OP if u are scared, just send it to me,will gladly take of it

4 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Coldie(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
Bush meat
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by SKhanmi: 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2021
TheEnygma:

I agree, it looks like a peregrine falcon, But someone up there just said it's a "Lizard buzzard".....I never knew such a bird existed. I don learn something new today. gringrin

Yeah, we learn every day. It fits the description

3 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by SkengRay: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2021
it's called a Lizard Buzzard. But when Its inside peppersoup it's called Bush Meat grin

8 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Please help with the name and little information about this giant bird I caught in my house. I'm scared even my dogs are barking for the bird

Cc: Lalasticlala

Lizard buzzard is not a rare or endangered bird. You can destroy it of you want to.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by mrdharkchild(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
My guy, Nigeria nor b America o.
Play small with the bird, observe your dog's for night if them de behave unusual, because dogs hears and sees higher spectrum of both sound and light vibrations, if u know what I mean. Then burn it the following day.
Everything that happens in plain sight in Nigeria is spiritual. Be guided.

7 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Okikiade03: 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2021
pepperdemzombie:
The bird just dey pose for camera, e no send you.
� � �
Why This

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by KosiGee(m): 12:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:
I'm damned scared, it looks like a threat but I dont what to burn it yet

Why would you think of burning such a beautiful bird?

You can sell it.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by hipiti9919: 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
Houseofglam7:
Like for real you considered burning it??
How can I unread that?

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by royal231(m): 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
That bird is worth 115k euros.. Don't throw it away

3 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Tufiakwa! In this 21st century?

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by hipiti9919: 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donate it to the Zoo.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by franklingud(m): 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
And the bird looks innocent.

Sell it to the zoo bro

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Lovecars501(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
I think this should be in the pet section
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by gregyboy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Please help with the name and little information about this giant bird I caught in my house. I'm scared even my dogs are barking for the bird

If it was a witch bird e for don tranform to human or for don die....

So nor b witch so make u leave am my guy

Dogs bark at humans too, dogs bark at anything unfamiliar to it,

They will even bark at lion until the lion roar and they become scared and run

Dont let Nigeria pastor brainwash you na dem start all this nonsense stories to fear people so they can cashout from them

But u self dey fear for your destiny, abi nor b destiny buhari don sell give bandit.. Oga comot for road for me jor.. U dey block ne wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by gbadexy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2021
SKhanmi:
Looks like a peregrine falcon. The orange color is off though. Please do not burn it. Release it.
The fastest animal on the planet. It would be a shame to burn it if that's it.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by MrBachelor: 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
It's name is village people.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:
so to u nah witch but does dogs don't look scary because u know them.

i salute ur thinking

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Makaveli217(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Does it have economic value?

Yes, it feeds on rat, snake and lizard which poses threat to the society
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Shokoloko(f): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Please do not burn the bird!! What did the bird do? Even if the bird is a witch should it not have transformed to its original form by now?

If you are scared, Find who to sell it to or let it go. Why hold unto something you are not comfortable with?

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Makaveli217(m): 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2021
Oga don't burn that bird o, how will you feel if someone just catch you, cage you and decided to burn you because of some stupid believe

12 Likes

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Judybash93(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2021
You want to burn it? Why? Looks like a falcon... Beautiful bird... Release it
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Akinola100: 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Does it have economic value?
This guy, your thinking get as he be.
Anything God creates dey get value, God no dey create for fun. The bird is very important, it has a role to play in the Ecosystem.
If I may ask you, do you and your dog have economic value?

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by wetdspace(m): 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
Baby falcon I guess
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Jimmyubah2: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2021
SKhanmi:
The one that flew from Australian zoo to Nigeria?
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by ictjobber: 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Release it bro.. Please
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by cigaricon(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:

Thats the cage for my kenari bird. I just had put it in temporarily till I find what to do with it.

So where is the Kenari? pls dont tell me you burnt it shocked

1 Like

Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by pek(m): 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Please help with the name and little information about this giant bird I caught in my house. I'm scared even my dogs are barking for at the bird

They can't bark for it since they are scared.
Re: The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? by Nickymezor(f): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2021
Neva knew such birds existed in Naija

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Dog Kept Barking At Me Don't Know Until I Goggled This / Photos Of The Chimpanzee And Monkey A Hunter Brought Home This Morning / 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.