Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,940 members, 7,952,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? (22023 Views)

Check Out My Daughters' Emotional Reaction To Our Baby Amnouncement / Christmas Gift For My Daughters / I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Polaris1: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
Enrol her in Combat Sport class.

My neighbor's daughter is a living proof of the effects on confidence building.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by The5DME(m): 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
musicwriter:

I guess you're more interested in how they relate to their peers rather than long term confidence in themselves.

For your information, there's already a research by African-Americans on how to get their children confident. The result showed that confident African-Americans are those from wealthy families or those that studied history and knew their roots.

This's why the ancient Egyptians said "man know thyself".
I still don't understand how this relates to the post?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by tunize(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ur have a calm kid and you are complaining oya come my house come see what my sist five year old child is doing everybody dey sleep with one eye
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by richmond500: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
ImaIma1:

I understand what you mean. I also have a 3yr old daughter but she's the opposite of your daughter. She enjoys playing with older children and will be the one to go introduce herself and ask for their names, even adults.

I think it has more to do with their character than what we can do. But it might help that while bringing her up, we allowed her to express herself freely without always scolding her thinking she was wrong.

We allowed her some kind of independence for her age, not always shielding her from doing stuff. Just overseeing and coming in where necessary.

But let your daughter be if that's who she is. Just make sure you try to make her feel free to express herself.
OP, u better take this advice and allow that pikin, I was a product of bad parenting cos I was an introvert, (This one is inbuilt introvert, I was born that way and not what society install in me) My parents are extroverts including my younger siblings. My illiterate parents felt I am too timid and try to install aggressiveness in me, it didn't change anything but they only ended up making me loose my self esteem as a growing child cos of constant shouting and rough handling lol. I got back my self esteem at 14years after I left them, Though my introvert nature didn't change till this day, I am happy that I am not the low self esteem person again.
Growing up like that is a very bad experience and ur children shouldn't experience such

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Taiwojon(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
Pray for her and encourage her
Moreover you need personal boldness.

Repent from you sins
Jesus is the fearless lion, the defenders of the weak

Sweet Jesus I call unto you.
Be our guide
AMEN
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by musicwriter(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
The5DME:
I still don't understand how this relates to the post?

But what I said is very clear. I think the OP would understand.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Depressed101: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:
Good morning dear nairalanders!

I have two daughters: one will be 3 years old later in the year and the other will be 1 next month. I noticed that my first daughter is too timid. She gets easily frightened by her peers. She is quiet. She will allow just anybody to carry her - even those whom she is older and bigger than - without any resistance.

I really don't like these attributes about her. I want her to have the boldness to resist some of these things. I want her to be aggressive. I want her to grow up having confidence in doing things her way.
I also wish to instill that in the second child. Thank you!
i dont like to be that person that says it.. But keep her away from pedophiles... These are signs of pedophilia encounter.. I'm not saying she has experienced it, but with the recent light to the matter, you can rule that out.. Writing from my own experience..
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by 30card(m): 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

I have two daughters: one will be 3 years old later in the year and the other will be 1 next month. I noticed that my first daughter is too timid. She gets easily frightened by her peers. She is quiet. She will allow just anybody to carry her - even those whom she is older and bigger than - without any resistance.

I really don't like these attributes about her. I want her to have the boldness to resist some of these things. I want her to be aggressive. I want her to grow up having confidence in doing things her way.
Stop shouting and whipping her at every wrong thing she does. Start from here

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by FarahAideed: 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

One of you parents have that Timid nature ..that's the kind of person she is so leave her alone
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by neyohh: 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
Take them away from Nigeria, block social media.

Nigeria is done, will continue to create prostitutes and criminals unless you're a very attentive parent , leftist ideals has destroyed Nigeria completely but people ain't seeing what I'm seeing yet.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by sanpipita(m): 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
Are you bold and assertive yourself? sometimes kids can take after their parents and I don't see why you will want her to be aggressive at that age, let her grow and figure herself out, you only just properly guide her and other daughter.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by purleesh(f): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
[quote author=Hemanwel post=101194491

I Thank you![/quote]

She's 2 years old not 3!

Now a 2 year old that left Pampers and potty just yesterday you want to turn from Margaret Thatcher to Grace Jones overnight?! O ga oo!!!

The only person needing anything instilled or installed here is you...get some sense and allow those fresh creatures unfold their potentials before you kill them with your unhealthy comparisons.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

Be bold yourself. Your kids will do as you do not necessarily as you say. Your actions are the guide they follow.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by illmatic101(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

Being quite comes with certain advantages, like seeing what others can't see, reading people's mind and thought, discerning and deduction. With time she'll outgrow her timidity.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by shegun4sur: 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
Oga all the children need from you for now is good food and optimum protection.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Weneda(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
Oga she's very very young nd still has a long way to go. Challenges in life will make her to be tough since that's what u want. First thing u need to do is to teach ur child some etiquettes, direct her to the ways of God, period!
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by shawnfamous(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

I chose to quote u so u see this. please enroll them into a martial arts class.. they are good for children as it helps in mental and Physical development. Taekwondo especially
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by isokey: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

I admire your concern. Please search for 'The Intentional Parent' by Wendy Ologe on Facebook and follow through. It will help a great deal. Wishing you a happy and intentional parenting.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Emary(f): 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfEEbhcyEvE
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
anthonyuncle:
the younger one will be sharper and will later influence the elder one
It is not always like that
The elder one can become a tigress tomorrow, while the younger remains the mild one.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by spadar4u(m): 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
As a kid I was a simp. Too afraid to get bruised but now am too afraid to engage in a fight cos I can drain a life in 20secs am working to break that record by 10sec. I evolved. Today am a Legend. I can kill in 5 sec
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by jumper524(m): 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

don't let people deceive you that you can't do nothing oo.
keep telling her things about life and make sure you instill that trust in her that she can do things right on her own.
encourage her to do those things, even if it means you secretly spying her.
I have a younger sister who I had to forcefully train in that manner.
keep doing it, also know you'll fail multiple times but gradually you'll get it..
if you watched the movies "The hate you give" and see the way that man talks to his children, you'll learn alot also..
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by spadar4u(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
As a kid I was a simp. Too afraid to get bruised but now am too afraid to engage in a fight cos I can drain a life in 20secs am working to break that record by 10sec. I evolved. Today am a Legend. I can kill in 5 sec
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by neyohh: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
How do you want to raise a child in an environment that keeps telling them an iPhone is more important than their self worth?

A society that glories criminality, celebrates mediocrity?

Ontop of it all theirs economic hardship which leaves those kid's vunerable

Take them out..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by BSF: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
Richy4:
Hmmm!!!!! Oga! Please give them food to eat and let them be....Besides How do you plan to define confident to a 3 year old and a one year old?
The only thing I can tell you is that you should wait till the first turned 7... Then you can register them at your nearest karate class or taekwondo lessons.. for a year.. that will boast their confidence..
Karate /Taekwando is my idea of necessary balance you should give a quiet girl/boy child to assist them in confidence-building and protection from bullies.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Sanctecosma(m): 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
OP better heed to this advice.
Barbiturate:
Leave her alone the way God made her. She's the quiet type. Don't make her aggressive. She will not be timid through out her life time, she will adjust as she grows.
Concentrate on giving them the best in life.
See them as important as a male child!
God bless them and make you proud of them someday
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by hairyman(m): 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

If you are not like some Naija fathers who shout at their kids and probably call them names in anger and beat them up now and then without really being clear about why, then let her be. If otherwise, change your style.

If on the other hand, you "baby" her lots, change your style too, she is three but of you treat her like she is grown, she will be confident in her capacity to carry herself.

Then again you must understand that kids come in all colors. Just do your part and leave the rest
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by womenareapess: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

you shouldn't be worry!

when she start holding dicck with two hands at the age 15, you will be surprised the kind of courage she has!
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by SunTzu123(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

1. Allow them to make small decisions. (e.g Bring out three dresses and ask them to choose the one they want to wear. Allow them to wear what they chose. Chose a certain time when they will decide what tv channel EVERYONE will watch. Ensure everyone watches it. Let them lead family prayers on certain days etc)
2. When going anywhere with the family, allow them to chose the route to take.
3. Once in a while, ask them to teach you something, anything. (It should be something you are sure they know very well. E.g the correct way to pronounce certain words)

It's as simple as that. I have three daughters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by chris51(f): 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2021
Richy4:
Hmmm!!!!! Oga! Please give them food to eat and let them be....Besides How do you plan to define confident to a 3 year old and a one year old?
The only thing I can tell you is that you should wait till the first turned 7... Then you can register them at your nearest karate class or taekwondo lessons.. for a year.. that will boast their confidence..

This is a good one
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by gantic: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hemanwel:

Love her, be her friend, make her feel valued, don't project your thoughts of her timidity on her, it makes it worse.....and very importantly, respect and value her mother to set a standard for what she thinks is an acceptable base standard for a woman to be treated.
Re: How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2021
Love her unconditionally. Affirm her. Fill her mind with positive thoughts about her. Give her lots of hugs and kisses. Tell her you love her everyday. Be approachable and play with her. Be her best friend. Easier said than done right ? You may not be perfect but strive to attain these everyday.
The greatest confidence you can give her is making her feel loved and accepted unconditionally. Every other thing will fall in place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. / Woman Delivers After Two-Years Pregnancy / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.