Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life (20689 Views)

Globus Bank Is Frustrating My Arrival And Stay In UK / Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community / Electricity Distribution Company Past Questions And Answers For Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by obonujoker(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2021
Don't plug your meter to the AC supply...

Use battery to power up your meter, and load the tokens
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by karkel(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2021
Take heart oo
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Franchise21(m): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2021
mannatech:
Its a mojec meter right embarassed
Shd be Conlog
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by spinna: 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
lordkay10:
Good day folks. It has been a turbulent period for me since BEDC installed their prepaid meter at my residence. The meter came with 100 units of electricity which the staff told me would be free of charge grin
However, when I made an attempt to top-up the units when it was running low from a vendor, I was told I have to pay for the "free" 100 units before I would be able to top up. I had no choice than to part with 11,000 naira to pay off the 'debt' and buy 5000 naira worth of units for the top-up.

I was told to proceed to the BEDC area office close to where I bought the units to obtain activation tokens being my first transaction on the meter. At the BEDC area office, the customer care agent gave me a series of code to enter on my meter when I get home for activation, and wait for another set of code from the BEDC headoffice via SMS, without which I wouldn't be able to load the top-up tokens I purchased.

After following these instructions, I waited in vain for the final code from BEDC which wasn't forthcoming. I placed several calls to their hotline with some below-par agents attending to me at different points, each with a different method of how to solve my problem. Well, I finally got a competent agent who promised to escalate my case, and wait for 24hrs to receive the code

I finally got the code the next two days but not after making series of threats to their hotline, and I was able to load my top-up tokens. But this is just the beginning grin

Almost a month passed and I would need to top-up again. This time, I opted to do it online via quickteller since my meter has been 'activated'.
I made payment but didn't get my tokens until after 24 hours. I proceeded to load the meter but I got an error message.

I proceeded to call their hotline as usual but no luck this time, my calls keep on getting rejected. I paused for a while and tried again after few hours and I was finally able to speak with agent who told me I need to fill a certain complaint form on their website, after which I would be sent another kind of token from their headoffice

I proceeded to fill the form on their website but the form wasn't submitted because "my meter number does not exist" grin
I tried to get across to the customer care agent again to notify them of the development but their hotline has been unreachable since my last call.
I proceeded to make a google search of their alternate complaint lines(if any) and I was shocked to see that the two other lines quoted on their website, each had 10 digits instead of 11, thereby making those numbers invalid.
I've been in total darkness since then, not because I didn't pay my bills, but for the inefficiency of Benin Electricity Distribution Company cry
Mods, kindly help me take this to frontpage for more views

Fela sing de song.. Confusion breaki bone..yeepa!
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by maasoap(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
rhames:

These electric utilities are damned criminals. They over billed my friend who owns and operates a bakery to the tune of N89000 and he was cut off. My frwind complained of over billing and they ignored him. He opted to operate fully with generator and cut off almost half with that. They came back to beg him to revive his line but he refused to oblige them. This is the third year now and he is enjoying his life.

Imagine that! Bakery that would use electricity for just few hours to power his machines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Kay25(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
maasoap:

They only talk of loss of revenue when a customer did a meter bypass and caught.
they said I did that but meter wasn't programmed and the installer floated it for me till meter would be programmed
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Homeboiy: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2021
Lol guy you just de waste your time

My house is 14 seconds to bedc office

In fact right now as im typing, there is no light

The BEDC head office is in total darkness now

I just de upstairs dey look them

They brought a bill of 75k monthly for water and light to our building

E just de pain me say I newly pack enter the house
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by kevoh(m): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
Cedarfarms:
Hmmmmmm! Bedc seems to be the worst disco from the lot, no social media presence, no interaction with customers if need be........

OP, I recently installed same meter, while interacting with the installer i realized it comes with alot of baggage, e.g it's a single phase meter so neighbors can have light and you may not have because the line you're connected to is off, then he also told me about the recharge problem and said when I'm ready I should contact him for easy processing, I'd suggest you do same i.e if you still have their contact.......
Lol...That installer does not know anything. Look for a professional electrician to do a 3-phase looped into a single phase for your cutout fuse. That way, once your neighbours have light and you don't, simply remove the cutout and fix it any of the other two cutout phases that have light!

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by mrkels(m): 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
BEDC used my eyes to see shege.

4 days without light in an area where they hardly seize light .

Meter got bad - Keys were not working , I called , sent a mail and they responded I should go to their office , I did meet my neigbour there and she assigned someone to help me fix it . He was supposed to take the meter away and give me direct light as per the policy but he didn’t , instead he told me not to wait for BEDC that if I did it would take more time to fix . That I should give him 10,000 to fix it immediately.
I smiled and obliged . the mad man didn’t deliver as promised . I left that house 4 days later to my own house . Now I run my generator and I have a solar system installed , I didn’t even bother to draw their light to my house .

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by kenchop: 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
YOUR BEST BET IS TO CALL THEM OUT ON TWITTER , ALSO TAG NERC IN YOUR POST.
lordkay10:
Good day folks. It has been a turbulent period for me since BEDC installed their prepaid meter at my residence. The meter came with 100 units of electricity which the staff told me would be free of charge grin
However, when I made an attempt to top-up the units when it was running low from a vendor, I was told I have to pay for the "free" 100 units before I would be able to top up. I had no choice than to part with 11,000 naira to pay off the 'debt' and buy 5000 naira worth of units for the top-up.

I was told to proceed to the BEDC area office close to where I bought the units to obtain activation tokens being my first transaction on the meter. At the BEDC area office, the customer care agent gave me a series of code to enter on my meter when I get home for activation, and wait for another set of code from the BEDC headoffice via SMS, without which I wouldn't be able to load the top-up tokens I purchased.

After following these instructions, I waited in vain for the final code from BEDC which wasn't forthcoming. I placed several calls to their hotline with some below-par agents attending to me at different points, each with a different method of how to solve my problem. Well, I finally got a competent agent who promised to escalate my case, and wait for 24hrs to receive the code

I finally got the code the next two days but not after making series of threats to their hotline, and I was able to load my top-up tokens. But this is just the beginning grin

Almost a month passed and I would need to top-up again. This time, I opted to do it online via quickteller since my meter has been 'activated'.
I made payment but didn't get my tokens until after 24 hours. I proceeded to load the meter but I got an error message.

I proceeded to call their hotline as usual but no luck this time, my calls keep on getting rejected. I paused for a while and tried again after few hours and I was finally able to speak with agent who told me I need to fill a certain complaint form on their website, after which I would be sent another kind of token from their headoffice

I proceeded to fill the form on their website but the form wasn't submitted because "my meter number does not exist" grin
I tried to get across to the customer care agent again to notify them of the development but their hotline has been unreachable since my last call.
I proceeded to make a google search of their alternate complaint lines(if any) and I was shocked to see that the two other lines quoted on their website, each had 10 digits instead of 11, thereby making those numbers invalid.
I've been in total darkness since then, not because I didn't pay my bills, but for the inefficiency of Benin Electricity Distribution Company cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
lordkay10:

Call an Electrician to by-pass the damn meter and use the light for free. I have experienced same process drama on two locations of my properties. In both cases I ensure that I pay for the meter. When I was naive, I escalated a request for meter and paid 200K for 'Express Meter' the fuckers brought me estimated bills for 2 months after wards and I paid them and swore never to pay again. They brought the meter and I had night mare of recharging, bought units worth over 30k in two different instances and even call their offices, the fellow came and took 60k bribe from me again promising to rectify till today.

I bypassed the damn thing and that house has been using free light for 3yrs now. The next place now, I have paid 50k for meter and I am waiting for the meter. When they showed up twice to disconnect because I havent not paid the bills they brought, I showed them the receipt of the meter fully and duly paid and a double barrel gun, promising to shoot them at sight if they attempt to disconnect the home without bringing my meter.

So 2 locations now, and free light cos of their stupidity. My little brothers say na me fit them for this country. I ready for anything now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
Baba all services in Naija are scam. Why pay online in this country? There was a time I made payment of my NEPA bills through a NEPA scratch cad, my brother I later took cash to pay again. Too much madness in this country
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Newboss(m): 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
lordkay10

Call this number 08139841391: Bedc customer care.

Ask them for key change token. The problem could be your unit has gone down very well. It's a problem in some meters.

Tell them you bought the token online through quickteller.

They will ask for meter number and tariff index number. Let them know that Quickteller does not give tariff index number. Within 24 hours you should get two 20-20 digit codes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Kellie069(m): 9:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
Exactly ! That’s what is happening in my estate now in Benin, the other guy has not been able to recharge his new meter for 3 weeks now!!! All their staffs keep giving different answers to the same questions and yet e no go still work!!!! They actually don’t know anything about the meter, they are just random electricians who can connect wire from pole to contact phase
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Kelaondona: 9:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
Petition them before consumer protection council. Very efficient fed govt agency. Google fccpc you will find their details.

lordkay10:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by maasoap(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kay25:

they said I did that but meter wasn't programmed and the installer floated it for me till meter would be programmed

I knew it.
Prepaid meter was installed for us yesterday afternoon. We switched it on yesterday night to pump water, this morning 5 units have gone out of preloaded 40 units that came with it despite my extreme measure to make sure that we don't run out pending the time the meter will be programmed.
Today, we have switched to gas for cooking, gen for pumping machine and fridge.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by OLaw1(m): 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2021
Op, if your problem is not solved yet, please write a mail to NERC FORUM in your area about your complaints. You will be invited along with the customer care manager in your locality. I assure you the customer care manager will have no choice than to take your matter serious. I have been there and i was surprised that DISCO officials can that be polite and responsible
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by speedchariot(m): 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kindly redirect your complaint to BEDC in a written form,and submit a hardcopy of the complaint addressed to: The Network Manager BEDC, Benin District, thru: The Customer Complaint Unit. Please make sure that your complaint to BEDC indicts the Staff(s) that installed the prepaidmeter.

If after 15 working days, your complaint to remains unresolved, you may then escalate it to NERC Forum by writing to: The Chairman, NERC Benin Forum, attaching the acknowledged copy of the letter written to BEDC.
My brother,after the hit from NERC,BEDC marketing mgr will plead for Mercy.

N/B look for someone that does post paid bill,and copy NERC's contact from the back of the post paid bill.

NERC means
NIGERIAN ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by maasoap(m): 9:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Call an Electrician to by-pass the damn meter and use the light for free. I have experienced same process drama on two locations of my properties. In both cases I ensure that I pay for the meter. When I was naive, I escalated a request for meter and paid 200K to 'Express Meter' the fuckers brought me estimated bills for 2 months after wards and I paid them and swore never to pay again. They brought the meter and I had night mare of recharging, bought units worth over 30k in two different instances and even call their offices, the fellow came and took 60k bribe from me again promising to rectify till today.

I bypassed the damn thing and that house has been using free light for 3yrs now. The next place now, I have paid 50k for meter and I am waiting for the meter. When they showed up twice to disconnect because I havent not paid the bills they brought, I showed them the receipt of the meter fully and duly paid and a double barrel gun, promising to shoot them at sight if they attempt to disconnect the home without bringing my meter.

So 2 locations now, and free light cos of their stupidity. My little brothers say na me fit them for this country. I ready for anything now

You would be surprised to know that three quarters of prepaid meter users are on bypass, either complete or partial bypass. I knew many people like that, that even includes customers with black analog meters and white digital meters. Services providers are thieves exploiting the customers while most customers too are not ready to pay even a dime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Kezifils(m): 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2021
Pass through something similar. I thought that ones u make payment online, ur meter gets recharged automatically. Thats not the case. This BEDC PPM is just stress and wahala
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Charmingpet: 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nothing is free in Nigeria
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by egharevba72047: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2021
:Its a mojec meter right Shd be Conlog
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Laxy009(m): 10:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
I guess they’ve not perfected their system . Though this issue usually occur once in a while for PPM customers but it shouldn’t take more than a 24 hours to solve by their team .

Going forward recharge your ppm from their agent or from their local office within you area .
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Cedarfarms: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2021
kevoh:

Lol...That installer does not know anything. Look for a professional electrician to do a 3-phase looped into a single phase for your cutout fuse. That way, once your neighbours have light and you don't, simply remove the cutout and fix it any of the other two cutout phases that have light!

Ok thanks......
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Smooyis(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
Worst electric disco in Nigeria
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by berbs: 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
toffyz:
That company is something else.

Monthly they bring outrageous bill to our apartment in Ado-Ekiti with limited amount of electricity!

Ibadan Electricity Distributed company IBEDC is far more reliable and consistent than BEDC.

I stayed in Ilorin and Ibadan recently, but currently in Ado- Ekiti. The two companies are incomparable.

IBEDC is also terrible. IKEDC is better.

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
maasoap:

You would be surprised to know that three quarters of prepaid meter users are on bypass, either complete or partial bypass. I knew many people like that, that even includes customers with black analog meters and white digital meters. Services providers are thieves exploiting the customers while most customers too are not ready to pay even a dime

With my experiences, I do not blame anyone who bypasses for reasons such as mine. If I paid 200K for a so called 'Express' meter and went ahead to buy 30K recharge pin for first recharge and it continued to fail and the fuckers came and collected 60K bribe to fix a problem of their own meter and never showed up.

I used to think Nigeria is a bad country, but when you finally get the true mindset of a typical Nigerian, then you will know that this country is sweet, very very sweet. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by Gokuuu(m): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nonsense country
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by valuedammy(m): 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
Come and see what Ikeja EDC is doing to us and no one to report them to.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life by timstone(m): 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
Suprnova:
Please be sure that they even give power to your area. BEDC here in GRA benin only gives 1 hour light per day
if you say there is no light in GRA
Are you talking about Government Rejected Area
GRA Oba palace,sapele road and Airport road have six hours light unlike ugbihoko area along Elenwan road Benin city

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? / Yahoo Yahoo Boys On Fortune Magazine / The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.