Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,454 members, 7,770,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:03 AM

Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 (27171 Views)

Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father / Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 / Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Blacknote: 9:45am On Apr 30, 2021
AyakaDunukofia:
That's the traditional ruler of BURNA BOY'S town. Ekpeye clan.
Burna Boy is from Engini clan not Ekpeye nor Ogba.
It baffles me how people argue over what they have little or no knowledge about.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Skillsnigeria: 9:46am On Apr 30, 2021
Etrusen:

you have not heard about it b4 so just because wiki brought that you refuse to do more research

I would have post some certain things but I dont know why I can't post pictures videos or anything on nairaland

although I just forward the complain to mods

talking about war is something is funny of you

I posted what I saw in Wikipedia,I believed it because their king bear an Igbo name.a bini man can never bear an Igbo name.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Chirowman(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2021
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Etrusen(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

I posted what I saw in Wikipedia,I believed it because their king bear an Igbo name.a bini man can never bear an Igbo name.

ok we don hear

so carry you Afonja head comot 4 here fast make I see beta pesin
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Blacknote: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Stop arguing with the guy, allow him wallow in his ignorance.
Btw, Ogba people speak egi and ogba language, usomini is more of the Ekpeye's.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2021
zangaozanga:
Omo igbo too like wahala,oba for another man land
Ogba people are not Igbo . THey migrated from Benin . You can see signs of that in his dressing
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 10:00am On Apr 30, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Go and look at the History of the Wikipedia page you posted from.

IPOB revisionists have been busy on Wikipedia for a long time. Luckily Wikipedia pages also give a HISTORY of every change

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Etrusen(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2021
Blacknote:

Stop arguing with the guy, allow him wallow in his ignorance.
Btw, Ogba people speak egi and ogba language, usomini is more of the Ekpeye's.
another feathered clown
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2021
Akalaka's sons Ogba and Ekpeye founded Ogbaland and Ekpeyeland respectively
They along with the Ikwerre all claim ancestry from Akalaka and that they are NOT IGBO

But Eboes are determined that they must be and have conducted a concerted campaign on Wikipedia to revise their histories
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2021
chuksoyo21:

Ogba is an igbo speaking community in Rivers State just like Ikwerre, Etche, Opobo, Omuma, Oyigbo. just name them.
so stop being mumuish

Opobo and Oyigbo are not Igbo speaking communities! Stop spreading lies.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2021
Abagworo:

Origin of Kingship in lower Niger is ancient Benin Kingdom. Other kingdoms in Yoruba, Igbo, Igala and Niger Delta are either descendants of Benin Obas or were influenced by Benin culture. Oba is a Bini word not Yoruba

Bini kings used to be called 'Ogiso'

Oba-ship started in Bini when Oduduwa (also referred to as Izoduwa or Ekaladerhan) the long-exiled Bini price, sent his son back to be king in his stead.

Check historical records Eweka was the first Oba of the Binis, the apellation came back with him from the aborigines of Ife Ooye where Oduduwa was by then the Oba

It is undoubtedly a Yoruba word
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by gregyboy(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2021
NarcoPolo:

Bini kings used to be called 'Ogiso'

Oba-ship started in Bini when Oduduwa (also referred to as Izoduwa or Ekaladerhan) the long-exiled Bini price, sent his son back to be king in his stead.

Check historical records Eweka was the first Oba of the Binis, the apellation came back with him from the aborigines of Ife Ooye where Oduduwa was by then the Oba

It is undoubtedly a Yoruba word

That history of oromiyan coming to benin was made up in the early 1915 immediately after amalgamation, to unite benin as Yorubas

Oba eweka11 took such step for political benefits

Oromiyan history in benin is not historically based, but an arranged myth from oba eweka11 and the yorubas

Ogiso was a title benin used to refrence the oba as divine, ogiso never really ruled

Ogiso= means sky royal

Oba has always been the title for the Benin monarch, and got into the yoruba lexicon through benin military conquest in yoruba areas

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2021
gregyboy:

That history of oromiyan coming to benin was made up in the early 1915 immediately after amalgamation, to unite benin as Yorubas

Oba eweka11 took such step for political benefits

Oromiyan history in benin is not historically based, but an arranged myth from oba eweka11 and the yorubas

Ogiso was a title benin used to refrence the oba as divine, ogiso never really ruled

Ogiso= means sky royal

Oba has always been the title for the Benin monarch, and got into the yoruba lexicon through benin military conquest in yoruba areas

One question for you: have you ever heard about a man named Jacob Egharevba?

If yes, how about Jan Vansina? Ever heard of him? And please be meticulous enough to cite the source of that article
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2021
PHijo:

Opobo and Oyigbo are not Igbo speaking communities! Stop spreading lies.

This is absolutely disgusting and can only be caused by hate, you mean Obigbo (heart of Igbo) aka oyigbo doesn't speak Igbo? Like wtf am I seeing? What exactly do they speak?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nigercity: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

Obi is his surname. Oba is the traditional title of the head of Ogbaland. Una don dey claim Ogba too.

Hey you this is ikwerre lazy miscreant
What concerns you with igbo matter
And since when did Ezeogba the obi of ogbaland
Started going by the title oba (if not of recent)
Guess you where born few years ago..

Stop always rushing to Nairaland to always masturbate on Igbo related stuff
Focus on your few local government tribe of ikwerre and stop feeling insecured whenever you hear about Igbos in Rivers State.
Focus on your useless unproductive ikwerre that always likes to be doing attache by force to the Igbos (by answering there names, singing and speaking there language even going as far as claiming Igbo.. imagine such level of insecurity) even crying to join ohanaeze

Abeg no they put mouth for Igbo talk
Focus on your barren ikwerre land (that doesn't only have few cups of oil) ijaws slaves
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by gregyboy(m): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2021
NarcoPolo:

One question for you: have you ever heard about a man named Jacob Egharevba?

If yes, how about Jan Vansina? Ever heard of him? And please be meticulous enough to cite the source of that article

I just cited a source in my screenshot i posted

Or do you want me to make it harder by asking you to provide me

A written evidence by European acknowledging benin-ife relationship

What the oba of benin is doing with the ooni of ife currently in the false oromiyan history is totally royal bashing

The name benin was not given by any oromiyan
But by the Itshekiris the Portuguese first made contact at the shore at their arrival
The Itshekiris describe benins as ile binu to the Portuguese, and warned them not to step into benin without approval

The Portuguese corrupted the name as benin from the itsekiri description

Oba has always been benin title dont fight it
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

This is absolutely disgusting and can only be caused by hate, you mean Obigbo (heart of Igbo) aka oyigbo doesn't speak Igbo? Like wtf am I seeing? What exactly do they speak?

It is Oyigbo and not Obigbo!

We know the history of that place.
That Igbo immigrants from Abia in particular have flooded the place does not make it Igbo heartland.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by chrisxxx(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2021
Nigercity:

Hey you this is ikwerre lazy miscreant
What concerns you with igbo matter
And since when did Ezeogba the obi of ogbaland
Started going by the title oba (if not of recent)
Guess you where born few years ago..

Stop always rushing to Nairaland to always masturbate on Igbo related stuff
Focus on your few local government tribe of ikwerre and stop feeling insecured whenever you hear about Igbos in Rivers State.
Focus on your useless unproductive ikwerre that always likes to be doing attache by force to the Igbos (by answering there names, singing and speaking there language even going as far as claiming Igbo.. imagine such level of insecurity) even crying to join ohanaeze

Abeg no they put mouth for Igbo talk
Focus on your barren ikwerre land (that doesn't only have few cups of oil) ijaws slaves
The Ogba man, Ekpeye man and the Ihnurnohna man all claimed they came together from Benin to settle in their present settlements.
All Ogbas see Ikwerre people as brothers. I will not talk about them when they see themselves as Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 30, 2021
gregyboy:

I just cited a source in my screenshot i posted

Or do you want me to make it harder by asking you to provide me

A written evidence by European acknowledging benin-ife relationship

What the oba of benin is doing with the ooni of ife currently in the false oromiyan history is totally royal bashing

The name benin was not given by any oromiyan
But by the Itshekiris the Portuguese first made contact at the shore at their arrival
The Itshekiris describe benins as ile binu to the Portuguese, and warned them not to step into benin without approval

The Portuguese corrupted the name as benin from the itsekiri description

Oba has always been benin title dont fight it

None of your contributions to this thread has made any sense so far, and I've had to note you as an alarmingly ignorant person. Get knowledge, bro, it will help you in your life's journey!

From what book did you pick the screenshot, that's what is meant by 'source' since you obviously don't know.

And if you must make such wild allegations you should be prepared to cite/reference particular texts, oral history even. I shouldn't be having an argument with someone like you who is so completely ignorant of the rigours/protocols of historical scholarship.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2021
This constant Bini ancestry lie is becoming lame and defies logic.

They talk about Eze chima as a migrant from Benin yet he had no Benin name.

They talk about Akalaka and yet he had no Benin name. All these are Igbo names.

Copying a system of government from the Benins doesn't make you Benin, apart from calling your king Oba what cultural connection or similarity do you share with these Benins

In Nigeria here we are copying the American system of government and call the leader a president, does that make us Americans?

This Benin shit defies every sense of logic, there is no way the ikwerres, Ogbas, Egbemas, Ndoni, Ekpeye etc will all of a sudden let the Benin language and culture go extinct just like that, there should be atoms of remnants from the other culture just like the Bonny Island people, they speak Igbo but still had there language intact. This also can be seen with the Kalabari people who's language is mixed with the Igbo language because their fathers had lots of Igbo wives. When this groups say they're not Igbo at least we can understand why (remnants of original culture and language)

Igbos didn't have kings until recently when the Benin monarchical system of government influenced the major tribes down south, this does not in any way prove ancestry in any way, the whole of Ogba, ikwerre, Ekpeye etc is 5 times larger than Benin itself, Akalaka (Destiny) couldn't just have created such large tribes alone while Benin remained the same, abi na magic?

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by poolcareadvisor: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2021
Residence Toh Tuck. The two shopping centers built up in 1980s, there are general stores, for example, Giant Express and NTUC Fairprice Supermarket to serve close by inhabitants for the staple needs. Being one of the initial hardly any shopping complex in the area, there are various acclaimed diners inside, for example, Jew Kit Hainanese Chicken Rice, Hello Cafe, Joo Mak Korean Restaurant, Dulukala Peranakan Restaurant and Beauty World Food Center just to give some examples.
affinity serangoon price
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Etrusen(m): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Copying a system of government from the Benins doesn't make you Benin, apart from calling your king Oba what cultural connection is similarity do you share with these Benins

In Nigeria here we are copying the American system of government and call the leader a president, does that make us Americans?

This Benin shit defies every sense of logic, there is no way the ikwerres, Ogbas, Egbemas, Ndoni, Ekpeye etc will all of a sudden let the Benin language and culture go extinct just like that, there should be an atom of remnants from the other culture just like the Bonny Island people, they speak Igbo but still had there language intact. This also can be seen with the Kalabari people who's language is mixed with the Igbo language because their fathers had lots of Igbo wifes. When this groups say they're not Igbo at least we can understand why (remnants of original culture and language)

Igbos didn't have kings until recently when the Benin monarchical system of government influenced the major tribes down south, this does not in any way prove ancestry in any way, the whole of Ogba, ikwerre, Ekpeye etc is 5 times larger than Benin itself, Akalaka (Destiny) can't just have created such large tribes alone while Benin remained the same, abi na magic?

dumb and trash

saying ogba ekpeye and ikwerre is bigger than Benin is madness

check map b4 talking rubbish
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 11:34am On Apr 30, 2021
Etrusen:

dumb and trash

saying ogba ekpeye and ikwerre is bigger than Benin is madness

check map b4 talking rubbish

What map? What is the population of Benins

Ikwerre fit even dey more populous grin
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Shinto1(m): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2021
Why are people so ignorant and deceptive. Ogbaland is never Igbo. But has their ancestors from benin. Someone just edited this oga history on wikipedia 20hours ago to support his claim of Ogbaland being benin. Truly Igbos are dubious.

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by gregyboy(m): 11:38am On Apr 30, 2021
NarcoPolo:

None of your contributions to this thread has made any sense so far, and I've had to note you as an alarmingly ignorant person. Get knowledge, bro, it will help you in your life's journey!

From what book did you pick the screenshot, that's what is meant by 'source' since you obviously don't know.

And if you must make such wild allegations you should be prepared to cite/reference particular texts, oral history even. I shouldn't be having an argument with someone like you who is so completely ignorant of the rigours/protocols of historical scholarship.

Source
Refrence afc ryder, a reconsideration of benin ife relationships (1969)

If you need more source visit my profile i have writing extensively and cited various scholars on the various thread i created

https://www.nairaland.com/gregyboy
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2021
PHijo:

It is Oyigbo and not Obigbo!

We know the history of that place.
That Igbo immigrants from Abia in particular have flooded the place does not make it Igbo heartland.

So the ikwerres and the rest of the Igbo speaking groups flooding Rivers state that came from Benin nkor? grin

Let's agree the Benin claim is true, Obigbo people came from Abia while others came from Benin, so why do you sound like one group is more Rivers or Niger Deltan than the other? They're all Rivers people my brother, this hate will only consume you lots grin

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Etrusen(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

What map? What is the population of Benins
Ikwerre fit even dey more populous grin

no need to waste my time

its obvious ppo are loosing their mad
trash!!
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 11:56am On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Copying a system of government from the Benins doesn't make you Benin, apart from calling your king Oba what cultural connection or similarity do you share with these Benins

This Benin shit defies every sense of logic, there is no way the ikwerres, Ogbas, Egbemas, Ndoni, Ekpeye etc will all of a sudden let the Benin language and culture go extinct just like that, there should be atoms of remnants from the other culture just like the Bonny Island people, they speak Igbo but still had there language intact. This also can be seen with the Kalabari people who's language is mixed with the Igbo language because their fathers had lots of Igbo wives. When this groups say they're not Igbo at least we can understand why (remnants of original culture and language)

Igbos didn't have kings until recently when the Benin monarchical system of government influenced the major tribes down south, this does not in any way prove ancestry in any way, the whole of Ogba, ikwerre, Ekpeye etc is 5 times larger than Benin itself, Akalaka (Destiny) can't just have created such large tribes alone while Benin remained the same, abi na magic?
United States is five times the size of England in population and a lot more in area. Most people there speak English that does not make them English descendants
So that argument about Benin SIze has no logic to it
This claim of being "logical" does not work. Rather we have an argument crafted to suit a preconceived idea

According to the Bible Jesus spoke Aramaic which was NOT the language of the Hebrews and many Hebrew names or variants are used by people across that region
yet each group maintain distinct identity despite massive similarity e.g
Suleiman Solomon
Ibrahim Abraham
Musa Moshe/Mose
Daoud David
Haruna Aaron
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 11:58am On Apr 30, 2021
Etrusen:

no need to waste my time

its obvious ppo are loosing their mad

trash!!

Oga sane mind, what is the population of Benins You call people land grabbers yet you lots are actually the land grabbers attaching by force. The Ijaws, Efiks, Ibibios are even more populous than your Benin and you don't hear them grabbing other tribes. I don't need to visit any Wikipedia page or read articles written by foreigners, God has blessed us with common sense and common sense makes it obvious this Igboid Rivers tribes copied Benin monarchical system of government and nothing more. Geographically this people are mostly Imo tribes carved into Rivers. We trek into etche, Ohajis trek into Ogba Egbema, no difference forget about the state names we're all one people.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uchasa(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
Shinto1:
Why are people so ignorant and deceptive. Ogbaland is never Igbo. But has their ancestors from benin. Someone just edited this oga history on wikipedia 20hours ago to support his claim of Ogbaland being benin. Truly Igbos are dubious.

That page has been like that for decades. The reason why people see Ogba people as Igbos is because before the 80's they fully identified as Igbos.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
Igbos are the one grabbing here.

Ikwerre people said they migrated from Benin
No one forced them to do that. Not only that there are countless articles predating the Internet to that effect
Ogbakor Ikwerre was founded before the Biafra way and was championing the same issue

The Ikwerre people rejected the Igbo bible that was imposed on them and published their own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ori Olokun Unveiled In Ile Ife Osun State / Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.