Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,567 members, 7,770,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:05 AM

Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 (27173 Views)

Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father / Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 / Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by sageb: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
AyakaDunukofia:
That's the traditional ruler of BURNA BOY'S town. Ekpeye clan.
Burnaboy is an Ijaw man(engenni) from Ahoada west

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Oga who is a Rivers person then? Since everyone at a point in time migrated. You migrated in 1650 and I migrated in 2021, we all came from somewhere, once I'm able to get a land as you did or do, we can all claim Rivers.

Are Fulani people indigenous to Umuahia?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
omonnakoda:

That is where once again you lose your way making the same error

The term Germanic language has nothing to do with Germany as we know it today.
The people we know as English today are of diverse origins Roman, Celtic , Germanic( anglo-Saxon), Britons Nordic etc
There is no German Adam or Eve
All this talk about ancestry is nonsense
No one knows anything about human ancestry. Humans have been on this planet for millions of years .

Oga stop confusing yourself, I didn't refer to them as Germany (country) I called them Germans because they are all Germans historically.
Whatever you call it, whether Igbo or Igboid doesn't matter, the point is we all came from the same immediate family with the South South tribes (Igbo looking dialect) than they came from Benin... Because the Benin ancestry claim of these large southern tribes including Onitcha is outrightly ridiculous. They copied the system of government full stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Igboid: 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
PHijo:

How that one take concern you?

Lol!
Are you done claiming Ndoki people?
Because you know that's the only way you can claim Obiigbo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
PHijo:

Are Fulani people indigenous to Umuahia?

See question... What sense are you trying to make here?

Is Rivers a tribe? I be born and bred Port Harcourt boy. Did I claim ikwerre? I can claim Rivers or Port Harcourt because they're not tribes.

So wetn concern fulani, indigenous and Umuahia? Mind you Umuahia is a very big tribe in Abia state with their own dialect.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Ekealterego: 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
sageb:

Burnaboy is an Ijaw man(engenni) from Ahoada west
I have Engenni inlaws.. Stop parroting nonsense... Engenni people are more related to Edo people than Ijaw. Their language is like Urhobo.. They are not Ijaws.. No real Engenni man will tell you they are Ijaws.. Their language is not anywhere close to Ijaws.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Blacknote: 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
AyakaDunukofia:

You people are very wicked. That is why there is so much suffering in that contraption called Nigeria. Because Burna Boy is from Igbo speaking Rivers state, your hatred for the Igbo would not allow you to accept that very fact. Keep assigning him another obscure tribe.[img] https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/arts-and-life/article/why-we-gave-burna-boy-rivers-2nd-highest-award-choice-land-wike/amp/ [/img]

Idiots everywhere!!!
I don't normally respond to people that descend to name calling inorder to make their points but I'll indulge you;

There's nowhere in the link that you provided that mentioned that Burna Boy is from Igbo speaking part of Rivers State.
Burna is from Ahoada West LGA, Mbiama precisely and they're not Igbo speaking neither are they Igboid. The Mbiamans and JKs are Enginis by clan, so don't argue over what you know little or nothing about.
Shalom.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
omonnakoda:

That is where once again you lose your way making the same error

The term Germanic language has nothing to do with Germany as we know it today.
The people we know as English today are of diverse origins Roman, Celtic , Germanic( anglo-Saxon), Britons Nordic etc
There is no German Adam or Eve
All this talk about ancestry is nonsense
No one knows anything about human ancestry. Humans have been on this planet for millions of years .

Just so you know, before the Vikings, Romans etc appeared, the Anglo Saxons were already established, cities like Wessex and Mercia already had Kings. 80 percent of the modern white English men are of the Anglo Saxons.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by PHijo(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

See question... What sense are you trying to make here?

Is Rivers a tribe? I be born and bred Port Harcourt boy. Did I claim ikwerre? I can claim Rivers or Port Harcourt because they're not tribes.

So wetn concern fulani, indigenous and Umuahia? Mind you Umuahia is a very big tribe in Imo state with their own dialect.

Umuahia is the capital of Abia state. Umuahia has hosting Fulani even before Nigeria existed. Is Umuahia a Fulani community?

Neither is Umuahia a tribe!

There are ethnic nations who are indigenous to the area called Port Harcourt today.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
PHijo:

Umuahia is the capital of Abia state. Umuahia has hosting Fulani even before Nigeria existed. Is Umuahia a Fulani community?

Neither is Umuahia a tribe!

There are ethnic nations who are indigenous to the area called Port Harcourt today.
Thanks for the correction thought I saw mbaise. However, Umuahia is still an Igbo tribe with its own distinct dialect. Even a toddler would know there's no connection between the Umuahia people and the Fulani they host historically, no resemblance in body features, art, music, culture, language, norms and traditions, gods they worship etc even though they stay in the same land, can you say the same for the so-called original Igbos and the also so-called Igboid southern tribes? They share the same religious beliefs, same market days, same music, art, language, gods, same names etc, we can't just push all this away because of a copied system of rule. Think brother, think!
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Just so you know, before the Vikings, Romans etc appeared, the Anglo Saxons were already established, cities like Wessex and Mercia already had Kings. 80 percent of the modern white English men are of the Anglo Saxons.
Not only is this irrelevant you are wrong you are derailing

The Anglo-Saxons appeared AFTER the Romans

REPEAT

Anglo-Saxons appeared AFTER the Romans

Can you now let me have some quiet?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nigercity: 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
chrisxxx:

The Ogba man, Ekpeye man and the Ihnurnohna man all claimed they came together from Benin to settle in their present settlements.
All Ogbas see Ikwerre people as brothers. I will not talk about them when they see themselves as Igbos.

Am yet to see an ogba man
Who said he is not Igbo
The are not like you guys ikwerre
So stay off
Am between no one mentioned ikwerre in this thread
Neither was there any ikwerre name mentioned
So dey your day
Nd stop poking nosing, after all aside River state
No one Else knows ikwerre,so stay off
I personally hate it when any ikwerre man claims igbo or speaks in an Igbo affairs (it angers me) it should be an offence punishable by death (by hanging) cos the aren't worthy for such title, so dayur dey
Leave other Igbos in Rivers alone and stop doing attache by force
Claiming relationship

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by chrisxxx(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Nigercity:

Am yet to see an ogba man
Who said he is not Igbo
The are not like you guys ikwerre
So stay off
Am between no one mentioned ikwerre in this thread
Neither was there any ikwerre name mentioned
So dey your day
Nd stop poking nosing, after all aside River state
No one Else knows ikwerre,so stay off
I personally hate it when any ikwerre man claims igbo or speaks in an Igbo affairs (it angers me) it should be an offence punishable by death (by hanging) cos the aren't worthy for such title, so dayur dey
Leave other Igbos in Rivers alone and stop doing attache by force
Claiming relationship
You were the one who mentioned Ikwerre. I only asked if you people also want to lay claim to Ogba. Is that too much to ask or respond to?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by JustCruise(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
feldido

Read about the history of the Ogba or Irashi Kingdom.
They are migrants from Benin Kingdom, why the name.

Stop being ignorant and make Wikipedia your friend. You really need it.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
omonnakoda:
Not only is this irrelevant you are wrong you are derailing

The Anglo-Saxons appeared AFTER the Romans

REPEAT

Anglo-Saxons appeared AFTER the Romans

Can you now let me have some quiet?

Yes you're right Anglo Saxons appeared after the Roman soldiers(no significant civilian population), but ended up sacking all the Roman protection and took over the Brits Lands. This however doesn't change the fact that the Majority of modern English men are Germanic and developed the English language based on the former Germanic home languages. This same is true for our southern Igboid tribes. Exactly the whole point of English and German comparison
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by JustCruise(m): 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
odomanis

It is the poster that is making the mistake, he is not Oba, he is Eze Ogba, Eze and not Oba.

Please research on your own. And stop thinking Igbos are only indigenous in just the five south east states.

That's the problem most Yorubas have. Even with Google, some people just swore to be close minded.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision:

Yes you're right Anglo Saxons appeared after the Roman soldiers, but ended up sacking all the Roman protection and took over the Brits Lands. This however doesn't change the fact that the Majority of modern English men are Germanic and developed the English language based on the former Germanic home languages. This same is true for our southern Igboid tribes. Exactly the whole point of English and Germans.
Make I hear word abeg
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by JustCruise(m): 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
AntiAPC2023

how is oba an igbo word?
stop showcasing your stupidity this early morning

Nawa o. so you don't know that there are towns named Oba in idemili south lga in Anambra state and another in Nsukka where the current governor of Enugu hails from. Oba in igbo also means barn but you chose to be uneducated and close minded.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
omonnakoda:
Make I hear word abeg

No be only word, you go hear full book today grin
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by JustCruise(m): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
Uniportadmision

This is absolutely disgusting and can only be caused by hate, you mean Obigbo (heart of Igbo) aka oyigbo doesn't speak Igbo? Like wtf am I seeing? What exactly do they speak?

I swear these Yorubas will never cease to surprise me. He may have never left Ekiti state but will come online to spew rubbish.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Uniportadmision: 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
JustCruise:
Uniportadmision

This is absolutely disgusting and can only be caused by hate, you mean Obigbo (heart of Igbo) aka oyigbo doesn't speak Igbo? Like wtf am I seeing? What exactly do they speak?

I swear these Yorubas will never cease to surprise me. He may have never left Ekiti state but will come online to spew rubbish.

It's good we always keep our cool and teach them common sense, you know sense isn't common these days cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by betshopagent(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2021
AntiAPC2023:
[center][/center] how is oba an igbo word?
stop showcasing your stupidity this early morning
oba is both igbo and yoruba words. Oba in igbo means barn
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
betshopagent:

Your knowledge of Igbo word is limit...Oba Ji.

Oba in Igbo also means someone influential and weathy...a man of influence.

I remember when small we use the word..that guy buzikwa Oba ooo.

The context and usage of Igbo I think is limited in your axis.

learn deep.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by betshopagent(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2021
Etrusen:

Oga keep quiet

the title have always been Oba in ogba land

when Benin told you ppo that their are lots of their migrants in rivers you ppo choose to cause confusion

research b4 saying trash

ogba land have been like this for centuries though the public way of life have change, the monarchy still remain the same

please ask yourself why would the king choose Benin system over Igbo if he had nothing to do with Benin
Ask youself too why he choose a full igbonames instead of benin? A person's name transcends any other identity.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
lexy2014:

Where is ogbaland
Whenever you hear Ogbaland, Just Remember The Beautiful City of Omoku(Omok).
Just Like When you hear Evo Kingdom,Just Remember The Beautiful City of Woji.
Those are the Happening Places There.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by betshopagent(m): 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
.You dnt know igbo more than i do. The word oba is a conjuction word for alot of things. You can say oba ji(yam barn), oba ede(cocoyam barn), oba ego(bank) and many things i can be used in. So basically, its also an word.What you should be arguing is that its not a title/Igbo name for a king. Nwanne, udo!
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by betshopagent(m): 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
.You dnt know igbo more than i do. The word oba is a conjuction word for alot of things. You can say oba ji(yam barn), oba ede(cocoyam barn), oba ego(bank) and many things i can be used in. So basically, its also an word.What you should be arguing is that its not a title/Igbo name for a king. Nwanne, udo!
Cc juliusmalemma
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by AntiAPC2023(f): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
betshopagent:
in this context we're talking of a king and Obi should be the right title
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by Igboid: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
Well,the last Ogba man who identified as Igbo is late.
His name was Ogbuehi Francis Ellah, the Ezeogba of Ogbaland.
He was the last Ogba man who proudly identified as Igbo post civil war, as identity crisis fueled by Nigerian crude oil politics engulfed Ogbaland. Francis Ella was a king in Ogbaland but because he refused to denounce his Igbo allegiance and toe the Identity Crisis that trouble Igboid clans, he became an enemy to many of his people who bought the Igbophobic Agenda of FG post civil war.

What is also true today is that the average Ogba man is rabidly Igbophobic, even more than the Ikwerre man.
It is also true that they also have the irrational Bini origin story which they have taken to madness level when Nnamobi Chukwumela the recently late Eze Ogba changed his title to Oba of Ogba.

I would advise any Igbo person to stay clear of Ogba issues.
Those people are Igbophobic and not worth your tears or time. They are not one of us, if you understand what I mean.

We have three Igbo clans in Rivers State. Two (Ndoki and Asa) are found in Oyigbo LGA , while 1(Egbema) are found in ONELGA.

You can read about Ogbuehi Francis Ellah here:https://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2008/apr/282.html

I bet the Ellah family in Ogba are still pro Igbo, but times have changed and they have to keep a low profile in an increasingly Igbophobic Ogbaland.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by JustCruise(m): 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
[quote author=Uniportadmision post=101262234]

It's good we always keep our cool and teach them common sense, you know sense isn't common these days

Common sense really isn't common anymore, i see that everyday on nairaland.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by betshopagent(m): 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
AntiAPC2023:
Yes thats what we shud be arguing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 by omonnakoda: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
AntiAPC2023:
Are you to tell a people who they are and what is the correct or right title for their king?

And since when did Obi become the title for Ibo Kings.
By the way I thought Ibos don't have kings
Do not try to spread confusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ori Olokun Unveiled In Ile Ife Osun State / Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.