Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Please I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Need Your Advice (33792 Views)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by desmondDessi(m): 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
kennyamusan:
Let me borrow you the money I have which is an advice - Never quit a job in trying to search for another job no matter how poor or bad the job is . Rather , quit a job after you see another one (infact after getting your letter of appointment) . Learning graphics ? Bro , there are millions of people like you learning it and have learnt it as well . Many are even graduates in that field . Every job is stressful and competitive . Ask the graphics designers what they are facing ? With the era of technology , you don't even need too much invite for any occassion let alone printing of cards etc . Bro ,stay on the job while you look for another . REMEMBER , what you have is what some people are praying for ........ If you leave today , millions will apply for same job hence why people are dieing even to have your sit . Be wise
How is he going to be able to go for job interviews when he is already at a job that takes all his time?
How
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by desmondDessi(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
amaks:
Start making contacts and expanding your network using your present job. Surely there are bigger better paying companies in the industry you're in. Use your network and experience and go up the ladder. Your present company is the platform you'll use to penetrate big offices, open doors, get phone numbers, expand your network. Sell/Market yourself to bigger companies, talk in person to them. Talk nicely. Start doing that now. No time. Package your CV well. That's your plan to move up the chain. Pursue it aggressively. Do that now and see outcome before you begin to consider resignation.

Have you done your research on graphic design before you go into it? Is it profitable? I don't know I'm just asking you. Hope you've done your homework.
One of the most brilliant comments here. Thank you for this.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by kennyamusan(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2021
desmondDessi:

How is he going to be able to go for job interviews when he is already at a job that takes all his time?
How
When there is a will , there is a way. You can always feign something
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Ezegbe: 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
You see,that your job now is like a lifeline for you. You were able to get a laptop from there.i will advice that you hold on to your job and complete what new you are learning. May then,you can start freelancing.When your feet is set,then you can pull away. In essence,maximize both the time and opportunity this job gives you for a better thing and then leap!
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by yetunsbay(m): 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
MartinsD12:

Read and find out even the writer admitted he is not good in English that's why I say make use of your sense, read it.
lol,so your opinion was based on what the writer. You should have grab what he meant by that.... exactly because of people like you, waec examiner
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by MartinsD12(m): 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
yetunsbay:
lol,so your opinion was based on what the writer. You should have grab what he meant by that.... exactly because of people like you, waec examiner
That's why I said read the guy's English, it's unpolished, not on what he said, I observed his writing, I don't know why you dey argue, op admitted he is not good in English and we saw it from his write up
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Henryfour(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
for the associate you are referring ...

please send them the link below �.
Let them click the link and fill the form there in.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdP22NxWkpFRwS1VR_nAsplqkzMeYwcLJgyj-uHcqhPCmolXw/viewform

This is so we can make arrangements on training them ,

*then let them select other - and put the name of the scout (i.e Okereke uchechukwu) that referred them for proper tracking and documentation*.
Kindly let me hv d names of those dat hv completed d form ASAP.
Send ur details after filling to 07016714007
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by ernecy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Guy!!, No price monkey wey on top tree..
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by yetunsbay(m): 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
MartinsD12:

That's why I said read the guy's English, it's unpolished, not on he said I observed his writing, I don't know why you dey argue, op admitted he is not good in English and we saw it from his write up
Godspeed
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by saintruky(m): 12:24am On Jun 28, 2021
@op when i say Lapo u say run...

I've been there, posted to one interior village in cross river states.. obob i run without looking back n i never regretted i did...

Now i am enjoying my peace of mind...
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by saintruky(m): 12:29am On Jun 28, 2021
MisterGrace:

This is where your problem is.
Your mindset. Your mentality.

You have to work on your emotional intelligence and be optimistic.

You need to read a lot of important books. Not motivational ones.

Develop yourself and become a refined person.

Bros this is not an issue of mindset.. I can relate so well to what d op is saying... Except perhaps he's referring to a different microfinance organization where i worked...

No be every work be work...
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Hassanmaye(m): 5:40am On Jun 28, 2021
Gambit23:

MSc is no longer special in nigeria.
MSC holders sweeping gutters in Lagos may be he is not in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Hassanmaye(m): 5:50am On Jun 28, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Me I no kuku dey stress myself much,if I see say I don tire for work,I jejely sack myself.i work for acess bank as contract staff for 1year in 2015,promises upon promise to permanent us despite endless stress and we did our best to meet target.as I see say dem no ready to permanent me I just dump my files for my boss table,remove my tie and went home,my colleagues were crying and shocked that am leaving dem ,as an Edo boy I dnt take nonsense. today am much happier and less stressed.follow your heart, but have small savings in your acct to feed and hustle till you San stand firm
Lol I like straight guys like you o, no time for dulling, if you have this courage you will go far in life.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Hassanmaye(m): 5:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Onuokwu:

My first question is if the graphic design does not work out as planned where will you run to?

If you just finished University then you still have a long runway ahead of you to learn. Usually I recommend new graduates stay in employment for 3-5byears at the minimum no matter how harsh this may be. Use that time to learn a new skill like the graphic design you are learning and save up at least one year in expense reserve. The new skill and money in reserve will prevent you from being desperate when you go out on your own.

When I finished school I decided to write ICAN. I did a thankless job that didnt pay as much as yours about 30 months within which I finished my ICAN and made a change. About 4 to 5 hours sleep per day with no spare money in my pocket after paying for ICAN exams and lectures. Today I believe I am better off for it.

Embrace the difficult and challenging times, have a plan to exit it in a few years and execute on that plan.
Wow
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Frenzy01(m): 6:18am On Jun 28, 2021
A bird in hand is better than that in sight.
Save some more money from the work you're doing now while you stay on the lookout for other better opportunities. Let your motto for the rest of this year be: GO WITH THE FLOW, SEIZE EVERY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY.

meanwhile, I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Make una patronize my small business pls
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Lilpen3758: 9:15am On Jun 28, 2021
effido666:
Hunger never catch u b4 abi ?
he don know what's going on grin grin
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by praise11925(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
Which department are you in ur office

buchhogonzalez:

Bro, I’m in same shoes ooo, pls advice me.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by buchhogonzalez(m): 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
praise11925:

Marketing
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by buchhogonzalez(m): 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2021
praise11925:

Marketing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups / Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.