Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Please I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Need Your Advice (33791 Views)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by dadalicious: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:
Please forgive my errors, I'm not a professor in English language, we just de try.

I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to secure the job through a sister.

Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm.

The salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.

Now I'm considering resigning, I've started learning graphic designing on YouTube, so that i won't be idle, I'm planning to save up for some months before resigning.

Apart from the job being too stressful, I've had alot of witch craft and crazy experiences, trust me its not being easy.

Please am i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop.

I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country.

Please advice a brother.Thank you
If you never marry, please resign NOW.
You can rugged life only you without family responsibility until you find what gives peace and money.
If you stay there, very soon you will be stuck.
Take all risks when you are young

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by November24(f): 10:00am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:
Please forgive my errors, I'm not a professor in English language, we just de try.

I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to secure the job through a sister.

Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm.

The salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.

Now I'm considering resigning, I've started learning graphic designing on YouTube, so that i won't be idle, I'm planning to save up for some months before resigning.

Apart from the job being too stressful, I've had alot of witch craft and crazy experiences, trust me its not being easy.

Please am i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop.

I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country.

I know it bro

I was posted to Orlu,I resigned.
Branch manager my left black bum bum
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by hibeebeeking: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2021
Nobody will advice you to leave your present work. Take your matter to people who you know that can help you get another work. Don't leave until you get another one. You can only leave there if your bank is really fat or you have other mean where money is coming in. The stress you think you are facing,it a part of lesson of this world.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by esthel(f): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2021
Welcome you are here again, at this stage you might need to visit Yaba left. You will cry today, cry tomorrow and cry forever plus I am yet to see all the things you threatened to post, what is delaying you.
Go and learn that troll work very well, you are still an amateur.
GrandFinale2021:
see this lazy ass advising someone.
You better shut up cos commenting isn't by force.
An illiterate like you should not be opening your gutter mouth on this forum

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by jesmond3945: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

there is no money in graphic design unless you are doing freelancing
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

brother trust the process and go for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by oluemmakay(m): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2021
xscoffy:

U will understand the meaning of this country when u quit that job u think is stressful. Cos u won't definitely see penny to even sub for that youtube ur learning the design not to talk of feeding urself
Never you quit a job tht pays u 50k and above in this country until u have saved or invested alot to do so. No friend or family, I repeat no friend or family fvcking cares about you. You will understand this line the moment u quit that job. Better respect urself n stay back there first whilst u package ur cv an apply for other baking jobs with better pay elsewhere.

If you quit that job now, even those that call u boss and senior man will all spit on u after seeing u in d house for some time.

I stayed good 5yrs after nysc at home(I live alone in d city) without a job. Was surviving it but wasnt that easy before I was landed my first mega appointment. Quote me,during that 5yrs,even my own mum was insulting me each time she calls me on fone reminding me how my mates v made it n I was wasting my life without knowing what I was passing through in d city. I felt so depressed almost wanted to take my life but here I am today. Am not earning million but I feel better than before.

So bros,stay back there n seek for better opportunities. Make use of the internet agressively. Apply for jobs. Belive me, with ur experience..u will always get interview invite. Once ur close in getting another job,u then leave that one ur doing now

I guess he got the job too early after NYSC, that's why he considers dropping it. I know how far I treck within Ikeja submitting CVs from one organization to another before I was eventually called by one. Even when it's stressful and the pay is meagre, I remained there till I saved up for my Masters Degree.
DON'T QUIT, DON'T GIVE UP

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Bahamas95(m): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
I don't think you can learn any tangible thing from YouTube, graphics designing is a broad field and YouTube videos are not in-depth.they are just like Google to get information about something,you can't use/watch the videos to become a professional in graphics designing,there is so many things you need to know and YouTube videos won't cover that.youtuber are also hustling for money, that's why they make their videos short and brief.i know how many years I spent in learning different tools used for graphics design.Graphic design is a good skills
I learnt how to service generator on YouTube, since last year engineer never chop my money again. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2021
Did I hear STRESS?
Resign!!!
But make sure there is a backup/new plan in place.

STRESS will fu*k you up. A slow killer.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Ikpunekenwa(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2021
Calorie:
To be candid, you may need to endure the situation for some time so that you can save some money to pursue your passion. It seems corporate job is not your bit. As you acknowledge that you are not that good in English. It may be difficult getting a good job in corporate world without developing your skills especially in your areas of deficiency.
Mind you, pursuing your passion is not an escape route either. Competition is real in the marketplace. Therefore, whatever route you want to take, there is no place for mediocrity. So, you need to brace up.
Is this an advice or smouldering his little confidence?
Though OP no matter how harsh this commenter may sound, he made one of the best points. Am taking it myself.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Phraences: 10:14am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

If your papa no get money no resign o!! Use Saturday and Sunday to look for another job online, send your cvs etc. Even some people that have their own businesses also work in an office. That graphic designing should be a side business until the business can stand wella. A word is enough for the wise. You can adapt to suffering and stress but not to hunger. I am sure it is because this is your first working experience. Persevere until you get something better.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 27, 2021
oluemmakay:

I guess he got the job too early after NYSC, that's why he considers dropping it. I know how far I treck within Ikeja submitting CVs from one organization to another before I was eventually called by one. Even when it's stressful and the pay is meagre, I remained there till I saved up for my Masters Degree.
DON'T QUIT, DON'T GIVE UP

Exactly. If he spent time at home, he will value that job. Banking gives u other better opportunities after some years though is a very stressful job. My kid sis is a banker. I do see what she passes through. Never easy.

Bad friends will soon make d OP loose the small bank job n stat crying later
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by tolaade1960: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2021
I think the fear is what you can offer even you are not working under someone. It's good to develop skills that you can use to provide services to people and make money.
But if u know you don't have skills to setup yourself, continue the job and write some professional certifications relevant to you field.

Nigeria jobs are more focused on certifications with less experience.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Phraences: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2021
dadalicious:

If you never marry, please resign NOW.
You can rugged life only you without family responsibility until you find what gives peace and money.
If you stay there, very soon you will be stuck.
Take all risks when you are young

Motivational speaker we sight you. Resign without another job? Someone that is still learning graphic designing?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2021
Yes
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 27, 2021
Just manage it o, cos no J.O.B out there...
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by tellwisdom: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2021
You spend 2400 hours every month to earn 90$? You are not doing well my brother. Quit and face the fact. U won’t die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by thuxzwda1: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2021
Sheisenough01:
Bros you want to resign without an appropriate plan B?

The graphic design thing needs practise for you to perfect it. No one will give a newbie a job.

Best advice is to start bombing jobs sites for better work you're qualified for or keep the job and keep practicing the skill until it is profitable, not I'm just learning.

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by gerrisson(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2021
You should not have even taken the job. The earlier you resign, the better for you.
sammyj490:

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

Are you ready for what it entails to be your own boss?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by kamtamark(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2021
Work never get finish, Only man finish. Bro search a different job and quit. Dont quit without seeing a different job. forget about that graphic designing is another bunch of stress you r putting youself into it need time...
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by boldx(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2021
Sammj490

Please drop your CV around. You need a less stressful job. The graphic design you started can't pay your bills now because you are a beginner.

You need another job to keep your body and soul together.

Commit your ways to the Lord and trust Him.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2021
65k. Even in 2012 when i early a little above 80k on a 9-5, I thought that was peanuts at the time. 65k in 2021. Nigeria who do you?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by zolajpower: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

CHANGE AND CHANGE , IF YOU DONT WANT TO HAVE A HORMONAL IMBALANCE FROM TENDER AGE RUN ....... ITS WHAT IT , I DID AND THE RESULT IS NO JOKE . consider the capital letters I used to make my statement, and run like mad dog . ...... Now I'm thinking of starting up my own business . And if you re in Lagos stop stressful job
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by rexlims(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2021
@op, don't resign just yet cos d worst kind of stress in Ur work place is far better than when u are broke (trust me, u don't want to be in that situation).
Persevere and at d same time be prayerful.
Pray in d morning before u leave for work. Apply wisdom in dealing with Ur colleagues and Ur clients.
Lastly, have a positive mindset as every challenges u are seeing now are instruments to fine tune u for d greater goal ahead. Don't forget, even if u start up Ur business, u will still find stress in building it.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by blackboy(m): 10:27am On Jun 27, 2021
Guy get sense. If you no get another job and you go resign hmmm sorry is your case. The stress of not having a job is worse than the stress of any job.
Unless you have a husband/wife or family who rich to take care of you then go ahead.
Fear joblessness

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Virginprince: 10:28am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

Please do not quit your job because you just started learning a skill you have'nt gain mastery in. Life is not easy out there, if you quit your job for skill you just started learning, you might get frustrated on the long run. Make sure you get to the level you have start making money from the skill you are learning before you quit your job.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by ofiko123(m): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2021
Resign if you feel like resigning...
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Carlylepneuma: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2021
The journey of borrowers is had to find this days so u might want to hold on to the only one u have.. Hang on thou better days ahead... wink
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by TechCapon(m): 10:35am On Jun 27, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
I don't think you can learn any tangible thing from YouTube, graphics designing is a broad field and YouTube videos are not in-depth.they are just like Google to get information about something,you can't use/watch the videos to become a professional in graphics designing,there is so many things you need to know and YouTube videos won't cover that.youtuber are also hustling for money, that's why they make their videos short and brief.i know how many years I spent in learning different tools used for graphics design.Graphic design is a good skills
YouTube is bigger than all the universities in Nigeria combined. There's nothing you can't find there. I learnt graphics design from YouTube including video editing and I'm very good at it.

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Oju4190: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2021
I USED GOD BEG U...... DONT RESIGN UNLESS U SEEN A BETTER PLACE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups / Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.