Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Please I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Need Your Advice (33820 Views)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by 12345baba(m): 10:37am On Jun 27, 2021
So far na bank job resign
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Jacksparrow7(m): 10:37am On Jun 27, 2021
People will be hyping Graphic designing like as if it's a money making machineundecided

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by yetunsbay(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2021
MartinsD12:

54k this one is complaining where there are people doing something harder than that for 15 20k, let's learn to be appreciative, this guy is not even good in English, abeg bros you no get wahala just work and save your money enough to start up a business but bother going into YouTube
kindly tell us what's bad in his English

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by lolu2019: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:
Please forgive my errors, I'm not a professor in English language, we just de try.

I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to secure the job through a sister.

Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm.

The salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.

Now I'm considering resigning, I've started learning graphic designing on YouTube, so that i won't be idle, I'm planning to save up for some months before resigning.

Apart from the job being too stressful, I've had alot of witch craft and crazy experiences, trust me its not being easy.

Please am i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop.

I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country.

Please advice a brother.Thank you
if u are still not 100 percent sure, don't resign
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by dingbang(m): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2021
Resign.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Gambit23: 10:42am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:
Please forgive my errors, I'm not a professor in English language, we just de try.

I completed my nysc program last year, life didn't actually go they way i thought it would, i spent bout 6 months searching for employment, i finally got a job in a bank microfinance organisation..i was able to secure the job through a sister.

Being working there now for almost 8 month now, truth be told the salary is not worth the stress and hazard we face in the field, apart from not having time for anything else because i have to get to work 7:30am and close 6-7pm.

The salary is 65k but after removing from tax,pension and all,my take home is 54k.

Now I'm considering resigning, I've started learning graphic designing on YouTube, so that i won't be idle, I'm planning to save up for some months before resigning.

Apart from the job being too stressful, I've had alot of witch craft and crazy experiences, trust me its not being easy.

Please am i making the best decision resigning because i don't have any other job, my PlanB is the graphic designing i just started learning, spent most of my savings purchasing a brand new laptop.

I don't know with resigning will be ok considering the situation of our country.

It's a good decision ..... u can equally plan and go abroad.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2021
Absolute false.

You can learn graphics to become pro on YouTube.

Even the so called pro are also learning on YouTube.

Skillsnigeria:
I don't think you can learn any tangible thing from YouTube, graphics designing is a broad field and YouTube videos are not in-depth.they are just like Google to get information about something,you can't use/watch the videos to become a professional in graphics designing,there is so many things you need to know and YouTube videos won't cover that.youtuber are also hustling for money, that's why they make their videos short and brief.i know how many years I spent in learning different tools used for graphics design.Graphic design is a good skills
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Gambit23: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2021
Buh08:

Bro how old are you?
Can you afford to sacrifice the next 2 years and go back to zero?
Quit that Job now
You will face hell, you will be broke
Learn a more valuable skill
I will suggest I.T skills such as Software development, Data Science e.t.c

Go hardcore for the next 1 - 2 years

Also start your masters with Immediate effect

After 3years, you have a very valuable skill and M.sc With that you will get a very good and irresistible offer.

But don't take that offer

Pursue fully funded Phd abroad (it's easier than you might think, PM me for guide)

When you finish your PHD, and you look back the pain of the previous 7 years, it will be worth it trust me. Cos you are not getting a Job less than 60million naira annually withnyoir skills and certificate.

You must first go back to Zero and ready to dig for 7years. If you are less than 25years old, By 32 or 33, you will be balling while your mates will still be at that microfinance bank earning 54k(which would have been devalued to 30k due to bad economy)

Peace

WOW! Land a lucrative I.T job in 2021. Grab this I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 20% discount expires tomorrow.
=============>WhatsApp Me if interested<=============

MSc is no longer special in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 27, 2021
I don't think this is the right time to consider leaving a job that sitll fetches you something to sustain a decent livelihood. Especially in this inflation.

Maybe you should ask those who are not gainfully employed if your decision is a wise one. They will tell you better. Even those that are working, it's not easy for them but they are still pushing it hoping that one day it will get better.

I will advise you to continue because no matter how stressful, it can t be compared to farm work and it human beings like you and i, men and women that are doing it under the sun and rain.

Be a man.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by MartinsD12(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2021
yetunsbay:
kindly tell us what's bad in his English
Use your senses
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Roysnickz: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2021
eventainment:
No put too much mind for graphics money no de am like that..and a million and one person's are graphics designers... learn ui/ux, 3d animation with blender or maya, inbox me I'll show you how to download courses on this field. But the graphics knowledge will help you in these fields though
Your digit let me contact you.
Here is mine: 08034942861
snickzroy@gmail.com
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by vickydevoka(m): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
I don't think you can learn any tangible thing from YouTube, graphics designing is a broad field and YouTube videos are not in-depth.they are just like Google to get information about something,you can't use/watch the videos to become a professional in graphics designing,there is so many things you need to know and YouTube videos won't cover that.youtuber are also hustling for money, that's why they make their videos short and brief.i know how many years I spent in learning different tools used for graphics design.Graphic design is a good skills.

Modify-: Only people that have tour youtube very well will understand what am saying. To discuss everything concerning a Training program on video will run into terabytes of mobile data. You can only discussed some part of it. Because NIGERIANS love free things, they are ok with their limited knowledge. They will claim they learn something on youtube, yet they will keep asking foolish questions concerning what they claim to learn. Too much love for free things will limit you from getting quality knowledge
U lie. De best place to learn is online for me though. I learnt sewing online
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by yetunsbay(m): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2021
MartinsD12:

Use your senses
you could have make more sense by point out

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by sucess001(m): 10:55am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

I get what you're saying bro, but with the little knowledge I've been able to acquire With this online tutorials it's being helpful...like I'm being able to have to basic knowledge bout adobe illustrator ..Even if I'll need to develop myself more on it knowing the basics would help not make things too difficult.
P.s: they ain't just videos, i have the ones of 3-4hrs

This won't pay your bills in the immediate. You can have it as a side hustle. Then start making money that's more than your current job before thinking of quitting
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by MartinsD12(m): 11:04am On Jun 27, 2021
yetunsbay:
you could have make more sense by point out
Read it and find out
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by JoshuaAkinmi(m): 11:06am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

Don't buy brand new laptop, it will be expensive, I have TOKUNBO Laptops that will serve u more than 5yrs if u use it well. 08188247828. Less than 100k rugged Laptops. My location is ikorodu Lagos State
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by achaemeka(m): 11:09am On Jun 27, 2021
Hmmm I nor read the post but,I will say do what you think is right.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:13am On Jun 27, 2021
So you spent how many years in the university just because of 56k job... if they told you that year to abandon school and learn some trade you will think they don't love you... now you see your life Consider yourself a failure because for this buhuhu regime, nothing for graduates
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2021
amaks:
Start making contacts and expanding your network using your present job. Surely there are bigger better paying companies in the industry you're in. Use your network and experience and go up the ladder. Your present company is the platform you'll use to penetrate big offices, open doors, get phone numbers, expand your network. Sell/Market yourself to bigger companies, talk in person to them. Talk nicely. Start doing that now. No time. Package your CV well. That's your plan to move up the chain. Pursue it aggressively. Do that now and see outcome before you begin to consider resignation.

Have you done your research on graphic design before you go into it? Is it profitable? I don't know I'm just asking you. Hope you've done your homework.

SammyJ490

Sound advice. He summarised, but I hope you get the gist. It's easier getting a job when you're on a job.

You're lucky you've got experience... add one or two more relevant courses that can get you higher positions in that field... or in a field you’re looking to transition into.

The country's in dire straits right now... but as long as you're here, you've got to keep pushing.

Revamp your mindset. Tell yourself you'll make it. Put in the work, and make it you will!
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by yetunsbay(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2021
MartinsD12:

Read it and find out
You could at least highlight, Mr Britico. The beauty of any language is successful message delivery.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Uchemus(m): 11:17am On Jun 27, 2021
Did I just read witchcraft? What's up with people of low socioeconomic status and witchcraft though?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by tete7000(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2021
sammyj490:

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. If you have to quit job because of stress, you will end up with no job. That said the way to manage the stress is to absorb yourself in areas you have passion for. I currently work Monday to Saturday, sometimes on Sunday but I discovered that what has got me going is that I enjoy what I do, despite the fact that I work from 9am till late at night. Life is rough, jobs are not readily available, so when you have one, deeply think and pray about your options before you quit. In the long run, the decision to quit or stay is wholly yours because it's your life and you should not allow others hijack and control it for you. As a young man, I once quit a job I thought wasn't good for me despite the fact that I didn't have any other immediate option, but I have survived and grown. Good luck.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 27, 2021
uzomanny:

saying he can't learn anything tangible from YouTube is one BIG FAT LIE angry

Baba, want make them contact am for training. Lol
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by MartinsD12(m): 11:26am On Jun 27, 2021
yetunsbay:
You could at least highlight, Mr Britico. The beauty of any language is successful message delivery.
Read and find out even the writer admitted he is not good in English that's why I say make use of your sense, read it.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by okoroemeka(m): 11:33am On Jun 27, 2021
Ademola121:
You need to fast and pray very hard before you decide to leave. God gave you the job that is now stressful so you need to consult God again. Nobody can do this for you.
what do you mean fast and pray,does every common problem in life has to be solved through fasting and praying,the op supposed to have a backup contingency plan b before resigning,like another job,but his current job now will also help in boosting his years of work experience in the CV,pls not every problem we need to disturb God he is not red Cross relief agency.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by easy34(m): 11:40am On Jun 27, 2021
With the way Nigeria is, i won't advice you to resign now, knowing fully well that getting a job isn't that easy. If u could find a way(time) learning your graphics design while still working, better for you.
Gos help us.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by northbird: 11:45am On Jun 27, 2021
@ Op.
How long will it take you to save your living expenses for Six months. I mean feeding, toiletries, basic expenses etc.

You mentioned Ondo, Ondo town or Akure? . You will be better off if you are in Akure.

Learn a skill that revolves around the lives of people. ( daily and weekly)

Search your beam lights into other S. Western cities. Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta to source for gigs.

Step 2. Photography (not passport type. Learn more on Portrait photography, event photography, I don't mean those that rush around snapping guests that enter events. Have a niche n stay there.

Step 1. Video editing. Though it's not my field, but you would get a better bang for your buck if you focused on this skill set. You have a laptop already. In 3 months of daily practice, you should be on a good pace. Not expert, but a level where you can get jobs.

Goodluck!
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by donprinyo(m): 11:45am On Jun 27, 2021
Mumu, people de find work and u wan trowey de one u get. I think ur village people don remember you.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by josn(m): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2021
I can relate with the OP, microfinance bank job can be so tiring especially chasing default customers and ensuring repayment. You would meet a lot of good and bad customers and if you are not spiritually strong. You might end up having a bad portfolio.

Don't quit yet, start shooting your CV and get a better opportunity before resigning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.