Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread (24352 Views)

Download Game Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon 2022 / Warrior Discussion Thread (beware Of Spoilers) / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Bamz(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Zee0007:
It is me or I'm missing something.

I thought Craghas would be a tough nut to crack. How come he was easily defeated. That part seems weak for me. I thought he had seamlessly forged a device to tackle Daemon's dragon and his fleet.

Unfortunately, I was thrown aback with his weak army.

All the hype look so easy for Daemon.

Was that not how killing the Night King was such an anti climax? Lol I expected to see a fight with the Crabfeeder too. And I thought he had greyscale.

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Bamz(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2022
My favourite scenes and takes from S1 E3 (Second of His Name)

1. Scenes when Rhaenyra killed the boar and later when the white boar appeared to her. The latter should be significant in the series.

2. Alicent still seems to be on Rhaenyra'a side. Let's see how long that lasts.

3. Prince Daemon is fast becoming the show's poster boy and I hope they don't kill his character as soon as everyone falls completely in love with him.

4. I didn't even think 'mayhaps' was a word lol. I learnt that haha

5. The final part of the War of the Stepstones was underwhelming afaic

6. Viserys does take counsel from Alicent. This could be pivotal in later episodes

7. The harmony between Daemon and the Sea snakes is wholesome to watch

8. Ser Cristen needs more screen time

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Odunayomi247(m): 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2022
aieromon:

Well, he married Rhaenys Targaryen who was a dragon rider.

Both kids (Laenor and Laena) got the skills from their mother's bloodline.

Oh I see
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by crackhaus: 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
kay9:

Fully concur on all.

I'd seen Matt Smith in Morbius, he was good there but I never forsaw his near-perfect depiction of Prince Daemon.

I'd assumed they'll just age up Emma D'Arcy Milly Alcock (Rhaenyra) as the series progresses. Chances are the show runners intend to milk the Dance of Dragons civil war story for at least five seasons, so the actors/ actresses will have time to "mature".

Edit: I was severely disappointed by how GOT ended so I pointedly ignored HotD production and cast news. Hence my ignorance on young/older Rhaenyra.
I understand, I was disappointed with the conclusion of GOT too but not enough to lose interest in following up with HOTD... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by crackhaus: 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ibunkun1:

No truer words. The way the lady playing young Rhaenyra flows Mheen, loving her is just so easy, seeing how she is with Ser Criston, I wonder why he switched sides. And for Alicent she's just playing to her father's tune, I wouldn't call her his puppet yet but it's kind of close to that

Viserys told Rhaenyra to chose her husband, I wonder how she ended up marrying from House Velarion. Rhaenyra's death in the book is horrible I hope it won't be like that in the series because e go pain me.
If I am to go by the little I've read, I think they became enemies after one of them tried to seduce the other and was refused.

See Criston will play a very important role in the wars to come assuming they stick to the book, and I'll love to see that.
Apparently it seems he was the one who convinced Aegon II (Alicent's son) to claim the Iron Throne (even crowned him personally), leading to the start of the Targeryan civil war.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out on screen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by crackhaus: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
Zee0007:
It is me or I'm missing something.

I thought Craghas would be a tough nut to crack. How come he was easily defeated. That part seems weak for me. I thought he had seamlessly forged a device to tackle Daemon's dragon and his fleet.

Unfortunately, I was thrown aback with his weak army.

All the hype look so easy for Daemon.
I don't think there was ever anything special about the Drahar to be honest.
And I won't say he was easily defeated if you put into consideration how the war lasted for three years between the end of E02 and the beginning of E03.

On one on one combat however, Daemon is actually a very formidable swordsman. And the fact that they showed him soaked in blood while coming out of the cave with Drahar's carcass means that it wasn't quite an easy duel.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Ibunkun1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
crackhaus:

If I am to go by the little I've read, I think they became enemies after one of them tried to seduce the other and was refused.

See Criston will play a very important role in the wars to come assuming they stick to the book, and I'll love to see that.
Apparently it seems he was the one who convinced Aegon II (Alicent's son) to claim the Iron Throne (even crowned him personally), leading to the start of the Targeryan civil war.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out on screen.

I think it's Rhaenyra that did the seduction grin. Seeing that her father told her to search her mate, and they seem to connect quite well.

I'm not sure they'll follow the book to the letter but let's see sha
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by alarm4: 11:58am On Sep 07, 2022
Prince Deamon is feeling like viking warrior Bjorn lothbroke of Regnar

4 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by drmuchin: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
alarm4:
Prince Deamon is feeling like viking warrior Bjorn lothbroke of Regnar

Hahahaha
Rugged Men
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by TheKingIsHere: 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
HOTD is on another level. Rings of power ain't even a competition

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by TheKingIsHere: 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
HOTD in 4 days in the US vs ROP in 4 days in the US

Source: Samba tv

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by chukwugoziegi: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2022
Prince Daemon didn't even speak one word in this Episode. Not one word was spoken. Action all the way.

A king I STAN and reSTAN!

4 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Ibunkun1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
chukwugoziegi:
Prince Daemon didn't even speak one word in this Episode. Not one word was spoken. Action all the way.

A king I STAN and reSTAN!

He did na. Did you not watch the scene where he was calling Draha to come out and face him?
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Heavenlydemon(m): 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2022
House of dragons seems to be very promising
I'm looking forward to the start of the civil war

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by drmuchin: 4:26am On Sep 09, 2022
Buhari should learn from Daemon on how to lead from the FRONT; in the fight against insurgents,TERRORISTS.

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Heavenlydemon(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2022
drmuchin:
Buhari should learn from Daemon on how to lead from the FRONT; in the fight against insurgents,TERRORISTS.
Bubu will need his own dragon

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by kay9(m): 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2022
*chirp*
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by codedguy1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2022
Heavenlydemon:

A vulture more like!

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Heavenlydemon(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
codedguy1:

A vulture more like!
LOL
������
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 2:35am On Sep 12, 2022
Tell me this is not happening. lipsrsealed
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 2:43am On Sep 12, 2022
Oh dear! It is happening! cry
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 2:47am On Sep 12, 2022
Hmmmmm!

This Rhyaenyra sef!

O ga oooooo
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 2:50am On Sep 12, 2022
Corrrrrrect KNACKING!!!! grin
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 3:12am On Sep 12, 2022
Oh dear!

Otto!!!!! cry
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 3:14am On Sep 12, 2022
Gosh!!!! What a drab episode.
Sorry. . . . No highlight here except that King V na real foooooool.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by blingxx(m): 5:02am On Sep 12, 2022
Heavenlydemon:

He doesn't need dragon he got a herb of cows grin

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 6:20am On Sep 12, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Gosh!!!! What a drab episode.
Sorry. . . . No highlight here except that King V na real foooooool.

The Targaryen men are really messed up. Maybe the show should have started from Aegon the Conqueror.

3 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Luckygurl(f): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2022
But why’s king viserys body decaying embarassed I feel for Allicent Hightower, coupling would be so much of a dreaded chore for her.

Back to the movie grin

4 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Luckygurl(f): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
Rhaenyra was definitely the bad bitch this episode:
Almost slept with her uncle
Slept with Ser Criston Cole (all in same night)
Lied to Allicent and swore on her mothers grave that she wasn’t.
Lied to her Dad as well.
The climax of it all, got Otto Hightower sacked.
And she got away with it all.

The real bad bitch of the episode

4 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by ChernnyBlack: 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Reviews?
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by kay9(m): 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Episode 4: King of the Narrow Sea

My thoughts:
- Lord Dondarrion replenishing bodily fluids halfway through his "lecture"... Talk really is thirsty business grin grin And bonus shout-out to Blackwood and Bracken renewing their multigenerational feud. grin
- The showdown in the throne room was flawless.
- Enough bwess.
- Daemon is playing a long game.
- Poor Ser Criston. Hot breakfast loading.
- Who is the "White Worm"?
- If this was real life, King Aerys wouldn't last a year on the throne. He really needed Rhaenyra to point out the vulture in the room?
- Lord Otto finally overplayed his hand (no pun intended, lol)... And yet I feel like he did it deliberately - like he knew exactly what to expect from King Aerys. Now why would such a powerful man DELIBERATELY get himself fired from his job? Mmmmm.

I give it 8/10.

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Lh19(m): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
kay9:
Episode 4: King of the Narrow Sea

My thoughts:
- Lord Dondarrion replenishing bodily fluids halfway through his "lecture"... Talk really is thirsty business grin grin And bonus shout-out to Blackwood and Bracken renewing their multigenerational feud. grin
- The showdown in the throne room was flawless.
- Enough bwess.
- Daemon is playing a long game.
- Poor Ser Criston. Hot breakfast loading.
- Who is the "White Worm"?
- If this was real life, King Aerys wouldn't last a year on the throne. He really needed Rhaenyra to point out the vulture in the room?
- Lord Otto finally overplayed his hand (no pun intended, lol)... And yet I feel like he did it deliberately - like he knew exactly what to expect from King Aerys. Now why would such a powerful man DELIBERATELY get himself fired from his job? Mmmmm.

I give it 8/10.

The white worm is Daemon's mistress Mysaria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

First Sex In Bbnaija 2022 Khalid And Daniella Video / Bbnaija : Amaka Weeps After Verbal Fight With Phyna ,bryann Consoles Her (video) / What's That Movie You Watch 3 Times But You Still Feel Like Watching It Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.