Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad (49135 Views)

At age 27 Am Slowly Going Mad What Can I Do / Help, My Kid Brother Is Going Mad. / Help! My Kid Brother Is Going Mad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
you didn't think about that, did you? undecided
I am not in argument mood.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On May 07, 2021
MykOnyxo:

I am not in argument mood.
Argument? What argument is the to be had when all I have done is ask if you are wiling to foot the expenses for this go-here-go-there you so easily prescribe? undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Argument? What argument is the to be had when all I have done is ask if you are wiling to foot the expenses for this go-here-go-there you so easily prescribe? undecided
That's why asked you to talk straight. All these your questions like sentences is not working for me.

Back to your question, is it the hospital that has been footing her bill for medication?... I don't think there is a problem with the suggestion and no strings attached. I felt the only way I can help is to provide information I think can help.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On May 07, 2021
MykOnyxo:

That's why asked you to talk straight. All these your questions like sentences is not working for me.

Back to your question, is it the hospital that has been footing her bill for medication?... I don't think there is a problem with the suggestion and no strings attached. I felt the only way I can help is to provide information I think can help.
undecided

So you are aware that it is likely the case that her family has been burdened with hospital Bills all this while, but still you think it ok to send her out on a wild goose chase without considering the possible cost that might unduly add? undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by layzie: 8:41pm On May 07, 2021
Op pls return your bother to the hospital. Psychiatric cases are treated in psychiatric hospitals, not at home.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On May 07, 2021
layzie:
Op pls return your bother to the hospital. Psychiatric cases are treated in psychiatric hospitals, not at home.
I wholly disagree with that assessment and this from experience. undecided

Those who eventually do better, even while on treatment, are those who are allowed to thrive and live in society, not those locked away in facilities, and maybe drugged out of their minds even.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by DrObum(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2021
Mrskillz1, there's nothing spiritual about your ordeal.

You mentioned you had a mother with a mental illness, it's likely that the gene that coded for the illness is strongly expressed in your siblings. That explains why they are breaking down, please take them to a good psychiatric hospital for treatment.

If you delay treatment, it worsens the outcome, that's why some may not be able to achieve their potentials.

In addition, please also note that you're at risk of having the illness too. So, protect your mental health.
Psychoactive substances shouldn't be for you. Also abstain from prolonged fasting and sleep deprivation. These things would make you break down faster, funnily many religious homes would quickly prescribe them to you in your search for solutions.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:53pm On May 07, 2021
Op take his pics and run to Abuja to the voice of solution prophetess rose kelvin if ur brother remain mad just know that there is no God trust me u can watch her videos on YouTube or check her facebook page but don't fall for scammers.and mind you don't make a mistake of going to Tb joshua or lord's chosen thanks
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 07, 2021
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

I grew up seeing my Mom mad.
By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.
But my brother was still mad.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.
I told him that I won't let him miss his injection ever again.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.
Go for drugs test your brother might be a crystal addict or crack .. I’m sure of crystal meth

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by johnpaschal(m): 1:01am On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Amen.
I appreciate your effort.
I'm waiting for your dm.

Can they receive calls??......the prayers I need to give can be done over the phone.....I don't know how but dm me and let me speak with them .....don't try anything herbal mbok if you believe in Jesus them let me speak with them .....it's a small case for my master Jesus
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Adamgeneral12: 8:59am On May 08, 2021
@Op
Do this, do that, go to this church,go to that church, make I tell you every church, medication, herbalist, Alfa or prayer has it's own dark side. Let me give u an example,some churches if they delivered u from a satin problem u most not live d church,while some u will b paying ur tithe even if u have ur own church that u are attending,this is also applicable to other source of solution.
Make sure say u follow any treatment been giving step by step and ask very well.
What u think may work for him may not and what u think may not work,may work, that way I said fight with both hands(spiritual and medical).
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Thugnificent(m): 10:18am On May 08, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by frank317: 10:58am On May 08, 2021
CandyOps:
It's like you want your brothers to go COMPLETELY MAD abi??

You already have proof that medications work to an extent on your younger brother abi? Which other solution do you seek alert from what works already??!

The moment you carry that man into a spiritual home is the moment his madness will go into gear 4.

And deep down inside you, you already know the source of the problem. IT IS HEREDITARY! A.K.A in your blood.

Hello!! You mean to say you went through school and the words 'genetics' never sunk into your head?!

You see religion and superstition is really killing African growth. How can a fully grown university educated man seek health solutions from any other place outside a health facility??

And before u start quoting me, just know I also have a cousin who is mentally unstable and suffers from schizophrenia too.

My neighbor had a burst vein in his head from High BP complications and his illiterate mom rushed him to a spiritual home where he went into coma during their spiritual razzmatazz.

Before her head correct it's too late. Nigga was DOA by the time they got to the hospital.

In fact, I believe any religious home that takes on the role of a healthcare provider should be sued and probably even shut down.

Here is how the scientific process works:

- You encounter a problem.
- You make guesses/assumptions to what the solution could be & ask questions to the cause of the prob.
- You make guesses using the answers you got. Called a hypothesis. This guess should be something testable. Meaning anyone can replicate the tests.
- Make a prediction from the answers you get
- Now you run some tests on that hypothesis (usually trial and errors while noting what works)
- You come up with more hypothesis
- You know what works to an extent (in your case, drugs) which leads you to making a clearer prediction.

- you test again till you come up with a theory of how to go about such issues in future...

Now, over the thousands of years mankind and modern humans have literally done almost all these testing for us and we only have to improve on it. But NO! Not an African man.

An African man will encounter a problem and instead of following the scientific step, he will immediately say to himself, "I need to talk to God about this" or worse, "it looks spiritual. I can't do anything about it if God doesn't do anything about it"

... And just in that moment, all the creative ideas and potential discoveries that could have been made will be cut short!

You see, when we cry over the dangers of superstition in Africa and how it is underdeveloping us Christians and other religious folks will rather put the devil on you by calling Atheist or Apethists (people who don't care about deities) devil worshipers than see reasons with us.

I mean, just imagine what an adult who passed through the 4 walls of a classroom is saying. It's deeper than just getting school knowledge and I don't blame anyone because it is a result of hundreds of years of torture and slavery by the white people who brought on this scam called religion to us

(Don't mistake religion for spirituality or spiritism)

Africans pls plssss stop bowing to the ducking skies and learn to use your heads

The damaging effects of religion is not just found in our healthcare system. It's everywhere. Most especially in our minds. Slavery ducked us up real good. But then we keep ducking ourselves everyday by choosing to remain in the slavery

It's like what Kanye West said in an interview on TMZ that went viral. "400 years of slavery seemed like a choice"

Sorry I'm coming off as harsh but pls I beg you in the name of anything you believe in, DO NOT STEP ONE FOOT into ANY religious home. Well, except you want to dump your bro there for the worse.

And the funny thing is this:

When you let a super-religious person in on the TRUTH about their bullshit they'll always go through these stages:

1. Denial or Ridicule (they deny it or Ridicule it/you)

2. Rejection [they reject it entirely and will become violent towards the source of the information (you) ]

3. Acceptance (they finally begin to see reason)

Which explains why I don't like having a religious convo with anyone. I just listen and nod or zone you off.

And the reason is because I hate being the bearer of bad news. And I hate being at the receiving end of the 3 stages of accepting the truth I listed above.

It's also one of the reasons why the bearer of bad news in the olden days were usually put to death by the King.

Anyone who loses a loved one also passes through those 3 stages before accepting the truth.

First, you ridicule the info.
Then you react violent to oppose it.
Later, acceptance dwells in.

It also explains why most superstitious folks HATE atheist (or rather dispise the people/persons who first told them God don't exist)

And another reason is because it goes against everything you've ever known from birth. In other words, the person is saying you're stewpid.

And no one likes being stewpid

Its so sad.. Someone who calls herself graduate sees that mental illness runs in her family and she is here calling it spiritual problem... And look at than band wagon of indictrinated dumb graduates telling her to go and see one stupid pastor...

Abeg people, have u seen where any pastor healed a mad man?

I dont know why we africans are just dumb and u wonder why we have the kind of leader we have.

Madam u know it runs in ur gene and u are askin for spiritual solution... Pls what is spirit?

Ur brothers are gone, just give them their medication and manage them like ur mum... I am concerned for u... Men will not wabt to marry u knowing this runs in ur family... I wish there was a test for this to confirm ur mental status too

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by money121(m): 2:57pm On May 08, 2021
Chaii
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:59pm On May 08, 2021
Visit Ebube Muo Nso Adoration In Anambra State And Seek For God There, And Come Back And Thank Me Later.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by sugarbeesmith(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.
we're is ur location
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Positivepoint(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

I am sorry dear but Schizophrenic is a terrible disease. Very expensive to manage but zero cure. My God grant u and ur family patience to bear this challenge.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

My sister, I beg join Winners chapel aka living faith church. And just be serious with God, it is highly spiritual
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Champneys: 3:00pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Aro, Abeokuta.

May God be with you and your family o!
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by nnanyereugo(m): 3:01pm On May 08, 2021
I tried to chat you on twitter but your dm is not open. Can you open it up? I think i can assist
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Naija147: 3:02pm On May 08, 2021
Follow NSPPD on YouTube and Instagram
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Mehnnnnbn nnem I feel your pain right now, I understand your feelings. I used to know someone that has healed people of such traditionally. Maybe u send me your contact let me see how I can reach the person

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Gucciboy1(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Text me on whatsapp if you can.
I have a spiritual help I can recommend for you, if you live in Lagos.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Houston17(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
Bros face reality ...saying you want to go and meet a pastor ..honestly you’re just deceiving yourself
Nobody is freeman in this world we all must fave a tribulation or the other ...now you know your problem...what helped your elder brother?medication abi...so just follow that way

If you go church ...they will chop your money and you will regret the decision at the end
Bros Mo miracle anywhere o

I pray the peace of God that surpasses all understanding be with you (Philippians 4 versus 6)

Lols, but why do people have this mindset that are pastors are like that. Perhaps you've had experience of one doesn't mean everyone of them is like that.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by SmithRussell(m): 3:04pm On May 08, 2021
Romanoff:
Hmmmm.

It is indeed Spiritual o.

Stats your location so you can quickly get help.
Did you read the part where she stated that it had affected her mom, and also that her elder bro was diagnosed and he responds to treatment??

Not everything is spiritual bros.. if you don’t have any reasonable/logical input, keep mute let the professionals so their job.

With all the spiritual battles we have been fighting, we’re still so backward in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I watched him on youtube those nights that I did midnight prayer for my brother.

How do I book appointment to see him?
Does he have a branch in Anambra?
Can you bring them to Benin city? If yes, I would advise you take them to prayer line in Divine Grace of Glory Church on Tuesday and the rest will be testimony

You can search for the snr pastor phone number on Google or YouTube

They Lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Collins4u1(m): 3:04pm On May 08, 2021
Jee nụ na nke onye na-agba afa ka ụnụ mara ebe mmiri si were baa n'opi ugbogụrụ.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by KennethMichael1: 3:04pm On May 08, 2021
You're far more powerful than any human just give them the medication and cry to God why you have to pass through all this, you shall see answers
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by PotatoSalad(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2021
Nigerians and spirituality.
People with special needs. I know someone with schizophrenia and she gets all the help she needs.
Your brother needs all the help he can get.
Schizophrenia tends to run in families so nothing spiritual about it. Sorry bro
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Sheggy13(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Op take his pics and run to Abuja to the voice of solution prophetess rose kelvin if ur brother remain mad just know that there is no God trust me u can watch her videos on YouTube or check her facebook page but don't fall for scammers.and mind you don't make a mistake of going to Tb joshua or lord's chosen thanks
What is wrong with Lord Chosen.. have you had or heard of any bad experience there? Just curious not that I'm a member.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by studios28: 3:05pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Since birth. We were born here.

I don't want to go through the medication way for him, I've done that for my elder brother for years now.
I am sorry to say but you need to.
Nothing is spiritual here, it is genetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / Young Lady, Adaeze Regina Okoh Commits Suicide; Family Alleges Murder (photos) / I Tricked My Guy Into HIV Oral Test And This Is Now Happening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.