Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad (49139 Views)

At age 27 Am Slowly Going Mad What Can I Do / Help, My Kid Brother Is Going Mad. / Help! My Kid Brother Is Going Mad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by emerged01(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2021
It didn’t just happened, there must be a root to the problem. Your mother is gone, what is your father doing about the situation? Our parent knows a lot than we do. In this kind of situation I believe your parents know a lot.
God will heal your family but the root of the problem must be revealed before there can be solution.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Bms4real(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2021
I can suggest a place for you. But is a mountain in osogbo osun state. They are trying there. Ori oke eyebiokin in osogbo.... That mountain is under CAC church... You can try that place... God will heal then in Jesus name AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kobicove(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2021
OP there is nothing spiritual here, it's hereditary undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by sangresan(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

I grew up seeing my Mom mad.
By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.
But my brother was still mad.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.
I told him that I won't let him miss his injection ever again.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.

May God be with you and your family. I don't think it is spiritual. I think it's hereditary and you may not be able to receive much help in Nigerian hospitals.

Heredity can cause mental health problems. I will leave the rest to psychologists and mental health experts to explain.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.

Why I said u should go to Winners chapel or Canaan land, ota is bcuz there are so many testimonies of such. U can kindly reach out to any Pastor of Winners chapel nd get a mantle from the man of God, Bishop Oyedepo, Ur situation is just a small case in d hand of God.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Houston17(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I have asked questions.
My mom became mad as she got pregnant with my younger brother.
By then, my Dad said he took her to several places and was told that it was ogbanje. My mom is very beautiful and hardworking.
Her family joined in the solution.
She became okay after she put to bed.
Then they decided not to have more kids.
My mom's shop is in main market onitsha, after a few years, the madness returned and her shop was closed down. By then, we had grown a little and so everyone concentrated on us, giving us a life.
I remember that my mom leaves house every morning and will trek to main market and hang around there and return by evening.
This she did daily.
She was not violent. She was usually by herself.
Her brothers usually came to see her.
My Dad took care of her grooming.
Until few years back when she suddenly stopped going to market and stayed indoors for like a week.
Then one night, my Dad said she called him as they were sleeping and said to him that we will be fine.
Then they slept off and she didn't wake up in the morning.

So sorry about this your incident sis. Trust me this isn't medical. You want total deliverance from the siege planted in that family, find a man of God for deliverance. You could find your way to any winners Chapel around tomorrow by 6am, 7:55 am or 9:55 am. The Lord give ears to your cry in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Houston17(m): 3:07pm On May 08, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Why I said u should go to Winners chapel or Canaan land, ota is bcuz there are so many testimonies of such. U can kindly reach out to any Pastor of Winners chapel nd get a mantle from the man of God, Bishop Oyedepo, Ur situation is just a small case in d hand of God.

Correct sir
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by mbahdi(m): 3:07pm On May 08, 2021
It's so painful dear.
You said your mum was mad.its a lineage stuff.same with my elder brother.my uncle was mad.but by d grace of God.he was letter cured but till date he still takes he's drugs.my elder brother is now suffering same thing,he dropped out of unizik.burnt he's documents,d cloth he once used to do best man for his friend also burnt it.abuses my mum dad n anyone wen it starts.although he's now on drug,but he hates taking his drugs.always fight and war before he takes it.so it's nothing spiritual.its just lineage matter.but dear never give up.keep giving him d drug he will be a bit better.its well with u

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by scott04: 3:08pm On May 08, 2021
CandyOps:
It's like you want your brothers to go COMPLETELY MAD abi??

You already have proof that medications work to an extent on your younger brother abi? Which other solution do you seek alert from what works already??!

The moment you carry that man into a spiritual home is the moment his madness will go into gear 4.

And deep down inside you, you already know the source of the problem. IT IS HEREDITARY! A.K.A in your blood.

Hello!! You mean to say you went through school and the words 'genetics' never sunk into your head?!

You see religion and superstition is really killing African growth. How can a fully grown university educated man seek health solutions from any other place outside a health facility??

And before u start quoting me, just know I also have a cousin who is mentally unstable and suffers from schizophrenia too.

My neighbor had a burst vein in his head from High BP complications and his illiterate mom rushed him to a spiritual home where he went into coma during their spiritual razzmatazz.

Before her head correct it's too late. Nigga was DOA by the time they got to the hospital.

In fact, I believe any religious home that takes on the role of a healthcare provider should be sued and probably even shut down.

Here is how the scientific process works:

- You encounter a problem.
- You make guesses/assumptions to what the solution could be & ask questions to the cause of the prob.
- You make guesses using the answers you got. Called a hypothesis. This guess should be something testable. Meaning anyone can replicate the tests.
- Make a prediction from the answers you get
- Now you run some tests on that hypothesis (usually trial and errors while noting what works)
- You come up with more hypothesis
- You know what works to an extent (in your case, drugs) which leads you to making a clearer prediction.

- you test again till you come up with a theory of how to go about such issues in future...

Now, over the thousands of years mankind and modern humans have literally done almost all these testing for us and we only have to improve on it. But NO! Not an African man.

An African man will encounter a problem and instead of following the scientific step, he will immediately say to himself, "I need to talk to God about this" or worse, "it looks spiritual. I can't do anything about it if God doesn't do anything about it"

... And just in that moment, all the creative ideas and potential discoveries that could have been made will be cut short!

You see, when we cry over the dangers of superstition in Africa and how it is underdeveloping us Christians and other religious folks will rather put the devil on you by calling Atheist or Apethists (people who don't care about deities) devil worshipers than see reasons with us.

I mean, just imagine what an adult who passed through the 4 walls of a classroom is saying. It's deeper than just getting school knowledge and I don't blame anyone because it is a result of hundreds of years of torture and slavery by the white people who brought on this scam called religion to us

(Don't mistake religion for spirituality or spiritism)

Africans pls plssss stop bowing to the ducking skies and learn to use your heads

The damaging effects of religion is not just found in our healthcare system. It's everywhere. Most especially in our minds. Slavery ducked us up real good. But then we keep ducking ourselves everyday by choosing to remain in the slavery

It's like what Kanye West said in an interview on TMZ that went viral. "400 years of slavery seemed like a choice"

Sorry I'm coming off as harsh but pls I beg you in the name of anything you believe in, DO NOT STEP ONE FOOT into ANY religious home. Well, except you want to dump your bro there for the worse.

And the funny thing is this:

When you let a super-religious person in on the TRUTH about their bullshit they'll always go through these stages:

1. Denial or Ridicule (they deny it or Ridicule it/you)

2. Rejection [they reject it entirely and will become violent towards the source of the information (you) ]

3. Acceptance (they finally begin to see reason)

Which explains why I don't like having a religious convo with anyone. I just listen and nod or zone you off.

And the reason is because I hate being the bearer of bad news. And I hate being at the receiving end of the 3 stages of accepting the truth I listed above.

It's also one of the reasons why the bearer of bad news in the olden days were usually put to death by the King.

Anyone who loses a loved one also passes through those 3 stages before accepting the truth.

First, you ridicule the info.
Then you react violent to oppose it.
Later, acceptance dwells in.

It also explains why most superstitious folks HATE atheist (or rather dispise the people/persons who first told them God don't exist)

And another reason is because it goes against everything you've ever known from birth. In other words, the person is saying you're stewpid.

And no one likes being stewpid

wow thanks for this. it's a surprise seeing grown up adults with full functioning brain telling the op it's spiritual. no wonder Africa remain.....

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

.... Sorry my dear. I wouldn't want to expose my number here but you can send a pm. I will direct or give you a number to call. I think he will help you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by sylve11: 3:08pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I have asked questions.
By then, my Dad said he took her to several places and was told that it was ogbanje. My mom is very beautiful and hardworking.
My mom's shop is in main market onitsha, after a few years, the madness returned and her shop was closed down. By then, we had grown a little and so everyone concentrated on us, giving us a life.
I remember that my mom leaves house every morning and will trek to main market and hang around there and return by evening.
This she did daily.
Until few years back when she suddenly stopped going to market and stayed indoors for like a week.
Then one night, my Dad said she called him as they were sleeping and said to him that we will be fine.

So sad to read this. sad
I feel so sorry... sad
May you get the solution to problem. cool

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by BananaPeel(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

There's nothing too hard for Jesus Christ to do if you will believe.
Blessed is she that believeth for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her.
Quickly look for the nearest Winners'Chapel and let them have Bishop David Oyedepo's mantle laid on him. The God of the liberation mandate will rescue him from the forces of destruction.
Continue in the faith and your entire family shall be rescued from destruction.
NB: No unbeliever should quote me to discourage her.
Jesus is Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by PotatoSalad(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2021
studios28:

I am sorry to say but you need to.
Nothing is spiritual here, it is genetic.
They will come for your head now lol.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kaypaparino(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2021
Go to Synagogue Church in Lagos State...At Ikotun Egbe...

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Zeinymira(f): 3:09pm On May 08, 2021
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental illness, it can only be managed but there's no cure for it. While you are taking the spiritual route, take him to a psychiatric hospital while you do your prayers. Schiz sometimes skip generations, there might have been in your mom's family and she was never aware of it. May God safeguard us all.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Elidrisy20: 3:09pm On May 08, 2021
Sorry you hear,may God heal them, But wait o, you sure say your Dad na be member of one of those occult in the under water

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by smile11s(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Everything in life is spiritual. You guys have to be patient with them.

Hopefully some day the spirits will let them be normal.

I’m speaking from experience. Another thing to do is try to make peace with your own chi, your guardian spirit. If you can connect with them, then ask your chi to mediate for your brothers spirits. It’s a spiritual world we live in. We just don’t understand that we are not alone in this realm.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by biseducator(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2021
I once had heart diseases in my lineage which took the life of my precious mum, I did something and it left our lives till date, you can reach me I will give you the solution by the help of God.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by oglalasioux(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2021
I seriously feel for you. What you are going through is very tough. The only problem here is that we don't live in a society that takes care of schizophrenic patients.

There's little or no spiritual angle here. From what you said about your mother it's clearly a genetic thing. Try not to spend money on charlatans. Seek professional medical help and I pray good spirited people will come to your rescue with financial assistance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by SimpleGuy001: 3:10pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

This is serious. Please take them to emmanuel tv for deliverance. I hope you take what I said serious.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Dminister(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2021
Take all your family to where fire is. Take them to the camp of MFM and let them stay there until the generational curse is broken. Pastors of other churches go there to break curses too. You must not be a member to go there. I took some one there for lineage curse and today their lineage is better than before.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by ghettochild(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

There's a curse in ur family against the male child.
This could be from enemies within ur fathers household who didnt want him getting married to her in d first place..
Secondly.. it could be a result of what your dad put his hand in during his youth..
It evident d issue is spiritual..
So first.. go find the source of the problem first

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mutemenot(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2021
Op, do you have good record of your father ? Do you know his colleagues and his faith What effort has he put to quench all these
The place you live in osha, how much do you trust it?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Jetland(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I have asked questions.
This she did daily.

The last paragraph touched me that I didn't know when I shed tears. Don't worry, God will visit your brother and your entire family for deliverance. Amen

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by ochombia1: 3:11pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

which location are you?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I watched him on youtube those nights that I did midnight prayer for my brother.

How do I book appointment to see him?
Does he have a branch in Anambra?
Sister, run as fast as your legs can carry you. You also need protection immediately. Spend on yourself spiritual because you're the last person standing. They might come for you too. Avoid these midnight stuff and rest you head often too.

I know it would be though but I believe God will see you through. I'm really sorry about what happened.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kingjudah: 3:12pm On May 08, 2021
I really feel your pain sister, there is nothing prayer cannot do, like you have been advised. Seek a genuine anointed man of God, to help you in prayers. By the reason of anointing the yokes shall be broken. God will see you through..
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Cruziero75: 3:12pm On May 08, 2021
Chai, God alone will fight this battle to a standstill.
The questions for you;
1. Do you believe that everything will be fine again?

2. Do you believe that it is ONLY GOD ALONE that will bring a permanent solution.

If your answer to both questions are yes, call: 07064614342.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Lolachef(f): 3:12pm On May 08, 2021
Nne if you can visit mfm for deliverance maka you and ur siblings..I know God is always with us and I know HE will visit your family..We all have deep stories to tell.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by smile11s(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2021
There’s no cure to schizophrenic. But it can be managed and controlled with therapy and meditation. I’m sure they hear voices. Tell them to stop fighting the voices and try to constantly communicate with the voices and understand them.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by haprol4u(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2021
This is a case of spiritual wickedness. Every member of the family has to surrender to the Lordship of Christ and allow him fight this battle. Your family needs a deliverance from this yoke which only Jesus can do. Call Pastor Banjo 08158192423 of Deeper Life Bible Church Epe Lagos, though in Lagos to book an appointment with him. I pray that the Lord grants your family victory.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Marchman: 3:15pm On May 08, 2021
The problem is genetic and not spiritual. Your brothers inherited something in their genes from your mother that makes them susceptible to schizophrenia. Don't waste time and money chasing pastors who can't protect themselves and family.
Continue to pursue the medical option. Then pls go for a test to be sure that you've also not inherited the bad gene. This is sad.
May God help you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / Young Lady, Adaeze Regina Okoh Commits Suicide; Family Alleges Murder (photos) / I Tricked My Guy Into HIV Oral Test And This Is Now Happening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.