Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad (49132 Views)

At age 27 Am Slowly Going Mad What Can I Do / Help, My Kid Brother Is Going Mad. / Help! My Kid Brother Is Going Mad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kaypeeboss(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

I grew up seeing my Mom mad.
By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.
But my brother was still mad.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.
I told him that I won't let him miss his injection ever again.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.
Visit igala land
Spiritual browsing first, mostly like do a back to sender spiritual work,so don't feel bad when you see someone close to u running mad alongside the entire lineage....but your dad , I strongly suspect he did something when he was much younger,you know men can carry certain secrets to the grave,now chat me up and I ll send someone's number to you he won't ask you for money at all ,but he is Sharp and ll let u know where the issue is coming...I promise chat me up 09076882545

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by aribs(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2021
CandyOps:
It's like you want your brothers to go COMPLETELY MAD abi??

You already have proof that medications work to an extent on your younger brother abi? Which other solution do you seek alert from what works already??!

The moment you carry that man into a spiritual home is the moment his madness will go into gear 4.

And deep down inside you, you already know the source of the problem. IT IS HEREDITARY! A.K.A in your blood.

Hello!! You mean to say you went through school and the words 'genetics' never sunk into your head?!

You see religion and superstition is really killing African growth. How can a fully grown university educated man seek health solutions from any other place outside a health facility??

And before u start quoting me, just know I also have a cousin who is mentally unstable and suffers from schizophrenia too.

My neighbor had a burst vein in his head from High BP complications and his illiterate mom rushed him to a spiritual home where he went into coma during their spiritual razzmatazz.

Before her head correct it's too late. Nigga was DOA by the time they got to the hospital.

In fact, I believe any religious home that takes on the role of a healthcare provider should be sued and probably even shut down.

Here is how the scientific process works:

- You encounter a problem.
- You make guesses/assumptions to what the solution could be & ask questions to the cause of the prob.
- You make guesses using the answers you got. Called a hypothesis. This guess should be something testable. Meaning anyone can replicate the tests.
- Make a prediction from the answers you get
- Now you run some tests on that hypothesis (usually trial and errors while noting what works)
- You come up with more hypothesis
- You know what works to an extent (in your case, drugs) which leads you to making a clearer prediction.

- you test again till you come up with a theory of how to go about such issues in future...

Now, over the thousands of years mankind and modern humans have literally done almost all these testing for us and we only have to improve on it. But NO! Not an African man.

An African man will encounter a problem and instead of following the scientific step, he will immediately say to himself, "I need to talk to God about this" or worse, "it looks spiritual. I can't do anything about it if God doesn't do anything about it"

... And just in that moment, all the creative ideas and potential discoveries that could have been made will be cut short!

You see, when we cry over the dangers of superstition in Africa and how it is underdeveloping us Christians and other religious folks will rather put the devil on you by calling Atheist or Apethists (people who don't care about deities) devil worshipers than see reasons with us.

I mean, just imagine what an adult who passed through the 4 walls of a classroom is saying. It's deeper than just getting school knowledge and I don't blame anyone because it is a result of hundreds of years of torture and slavery by the white people who brought on this scam called religion to us

(Don't mistake religion for spirituality or spiritism)

Africans pls plssss stop bowing to the ducking skies and learn to use your heads

The damaging effects of religion is not just found in our healthcare system. It's everywhere. Most especially in our minds. Slavery ducked us up real good. But then we keep ducking ourselves everyday by choosing to remain in the slavery

It's like what Kanye West said in an interview on TMZ that went viral. "400 years of slavery seemed like a choice"

Sorry I'm coming off as harsh but pls I beg you in the name of anything you believe in, DO NOT STEP ONE FOOT into ANY religious home. Well, except you want to dump your bro there for the worse.

And the funny thing is this:

When you let a super-religious person in on the TRUTH about their bullshit they'll always go through these stages:

1. Denial or Ridicule (they deny it or Ridicule it/you)

2. Rejection [they reject it entirely and will become violent towards the source of the information (you) ]

3. Acceptance (they finally begin to see reason)

Which explains why I don't like having a religious convo with anyone. I just listen and nod or zone you off.

And the reason is because I hate being the bearer of bad news. And I hate being at the receiving end of the 3 stages of accepting the truth I listed above.

It's also one of the reasons why the bearer of bad news in the olden days were usually put to death by the King.

Anyone who loses a loved one also passes through those 3 stages before accepting the truth.

First, you ridicule the info.
Then you react violent to oppose it.
Later, acceptance dwells in.

It also explains why most superstitious folks HATE atheist (or rather dispise the people/persons who first told them God don't exist)

And another reason is because it goes against everything you've ever known from birth. In other words, the person is saying you're stewpid.

And no one likes being stewpid

How can I like this twice? Dear OP, there is your undiluted TRUTH right there. Mental illness is just like any other condition and in a lot of cases , TREATABLE. You won’t treat malaria by faith would you? Let’s be guided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Deicide: 3:27pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I know it is.
I just want solution.
It won't happen to me by the grace of God.
Stop being foolish, seems you don't understand what it means for something to be hereditary, it means there is a 50/50 percent chance that your are also carrying the gene thought it might not affect your directly but your children in the future. Maybe your mum should have being able to prevent this by staying single But she said by God grace it wouldn't happen to her....Up African mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Elliotwaveforec: 3:27pm On May 08, 2021
dyangprof:
Ask your father questions

I think he has some confidential query to answer

Believe me.

I tell you; the father could be culpable.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by tyinfinity: 3:27pm On May 08, 2021
it is family inheritance.i can you with a traditional herbalist in ekiti state.if the old man is still alive.he used to handle generational cause like this. 08063741763

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by tunjilana: 3:28pm On May 08, 2021
I know you will want to believe it is spiritual but know that many mental illnesses are hereditary... Na here oyinbo take pass us

please take them to the closest psychiatric hospital to you. It might be a mild case that consistent medication will resolve, if that is the case, ensure they stick to the medication and follow up calls...They will function properly and behave well.

If this fails then you can fall back to spiritual

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:28pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Amen.

I really need genuine help.
I believe so much that this will stop in my generation because my Mom used to tell us then even when she was mad that we will be fine. I want my brothers to be fine.

Only God can help you. Pray! And I suggest you conduct a deliverance in your house. Or take them away from there. Well it might still be a genetic problem. I wish you victory at the end of all these.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by 9japunter: 3:28pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.

First I will start by letting you know it’s NOT SPIRITUAL !!!!

Don’t fall for anyone who poses as a pastor or traditional herbalist who claims to have the solutions to these problems, they might be effective in other ways, but not this particular problem. If it was spiritual, your mom would have been saved, or you think your Dad didn’t try his best for her??

Schizophrenia is a common mental illness and you’ll be surprised the amount of people currently taking medication for it.

Now , know this, some type mental illness is hereditary and can be passed from parent to offspring, so you’re just as much at risk as the rest of your siblings and thinking too much about these issues can lead to depression which is a strong trigger for other mental illnesses. So one of the first solutions is to not be too bothered about this. Yes they’re your family but with the right medication, they’ll be fine and live beautiful lives. Trust me, I know, I’ve been there.

Now to the medical solutions you should look into, if you can take them to Lagos, the Federal psychiatric hospital in Yaba is an excellent place to get the perfect help. And it’s not even about the drugs but how the system works, the doctors / psychiatrists are very knowledgeable about different manifestations of mental illnesses and can easily diagnose your siblings mental health and profer solutions, they also have the pharmaceutical strength so whatever drug they prescribe can almost be found in their pharmacy so everything you need is right there.

They also run a schedule system so your siblings are put on monthly schedule that if they can be diligent with, their lives would be back to normal without any issues in the nearest future.

Also know that mental medication is not a marathon, it’s a sprint, depending on the level of how healthy they are mentally, they’ll have to be on medication for a very long period of time, at least 20 years… don’t worry, it’s not so expensive, something they can afford to sort themselves when they get a job.

I can only talk about the Yaba center due to experience. If you need any further help, you can send me a PM, but don’t worry, they’ll be fine. I can assure you.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by DWJOBScom(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Has your intelligence ever failed you?
Did you see me here all these years seeking for solution?
I went science way because I knew it's in the gene but then, I found that it's not the best because of the generations after and so I began to seek permanent solution.
Something must have triggered it because my mom's ancestors had no record of such.
So if it started along the line, something must have influenced it. This is why I'm out here looking for a fix. Not the kind of fix drugs do.
Something higher.

I'm intelligent my dear, but right now...I really do not know.

Right now take your brother back to the hospital while you continue your travelling around. Till now there are alot of people your problem who are fine and taking their drugs and working even married. I know one and my very good friend, who is currently a developer outside the country. Take your brother to the hospital immediately as it's getting worst before it becomes manslaughter

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by NawtyC001(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Tears won't allow read through....
Bro,just be strong,I'm even too weak to give any advice.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2021
rhadiator15:
Apostle Joshua Selman, you can book an appointment to see him. Koinonia

Was about stating it. But Koinonia might be far for them.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by jacoik(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I have asked questions.
My mom became mad as she got pregnant with my younger brother.
By then, my Dad said he took her to several places and was told that it was ogbanje. My mom is very beautiful and hardworking.
Her family joined in the solution.
She became okay after she put to bed.
Then they decided not to have more kids.
My mom's shop is in main market onitsha, after a few years, the madness returned and her shop was closed down. By then, we had grown a little and so everyone concentrated on us, giving us a life.
I remember that my mom leaves house every morning and will trek to main market and hang around there and return by evening.
This she did daily.
She was not violent. She was usually by herself.
Her brothers usually came to see her.
My Dad took care of her grooming.
Until few years back when she suddenly stopped going to market and stayed indoors for like a week.
Then one night, my Dad said she called him as they were sleeping and said to him that we will be fine.
Then they slept off and she didn't wake up in the morning.
oohhhh my goodness!!! Nne you are making me cry here already! There is a caused for this. Since your dad is still alive, extensive questions need to be ask because ogbanje as you stated earlier doesn't behave that way. There is a cause of this

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by lorenzos1: 3:31pm On May 08, 2021
This is genetics at play, there is an hereditary pattern of schizophrenia. It's really unfortunate your family had to go through this. Seek Medical Help unfortunately it can only be managed not cured. And also Pray for God's help.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by networkgenuis: 3:31pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Okay. Thanks.
I'll go there.

As you live in Anambra, the best course of action is to take your brother to Neuro Psychiatric Hospital in Nawfia. I know that prayers work wonders, but faith without work is dead. I know of a similar case as yours, he used to burn his properties, talk to himself, beat people up etc. He was cured in that hospital and he’s been fine ever since. But he must stick to his medications religiously.

Another thing is to find out if your brothers abuse any hard drugs.

The Lord is your strength dear.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by pocohantas(f): 3:31pm On May 08, 2021
I don’t think this is spiritual. I had a distant aunt with this condition. I always looked at her when I was a kid and wondered if she was a human or mamiwater. Her beauty was out of this world...

As usual they said it is ogbanje and it totally made sense right? Only an ogbanje would be that beautiful.

She died after birthing her last child. She was alone in the house, screaming and fighting with God knows what. They said her ogbanje people took her back.

I was grown before I got to realize it was never ogbanje that was worrying that woman.

As for her kids , they started showing same symptoms. ALL OF THEM! Even her daughter who looks just like her is not exempted. That one cuts her hair and chews it. Taking care of them is financially, physically and psychologically draining for all parties involved. Let’s not forget how aggressive and potentially dangerous they could get.

You can go spiritual, but keep giving them their medications. These mental illnesses are more common than we know, we just see everything from a spiritual angle in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by studios28: 3:32pm On May 08, 2021
PotatoSalad:

They will come for your head now lol.
I have no time or energy for such people.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by JDelight(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I have asked questions.
By then, my Dad said he took her to several places and was told that it was ogbanje. My mom is very beautiful and hardworking.
My mom's shop is in main market onitsha, after a few years, the madness returned and her shop was closed down. By then, we had grown a little and so everyone concentrated on us, giving us a life.
I remember that my mom leaves house every morning and will trek to main market and hang around there and return by evening.
This she did daily.
Until few years back when she suddenly stopped going to market and stayed indoors for like a week.
Then one night, my Dad said she called him as they were sleeping and said to him that we will be fine.

Oh God this is really sad to me

Can you drop your brothers name let us all Christians here join you in prayers?

It's well with you sister.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by larrycomar: 3:34pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Where is he based?
Yes God pastor Adetuberu can do it.Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 08, 2021
Your father needs to answer some questions. You better start asking him to talk before you lose your sanity. God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Yada01(m): 3:34pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Onitsha, Anambra state.
Thanks for the remind.

Look for Apostle Edu Edechukwu. God may use him to help your family.

Nkwo Nnewi, Banex Plaza
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by brightovio007(m): 3:34pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Apostle Joshua selman, he has a prayer ministry in Zaire kaduna State. 08147214444.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by sisisioge: 3:34pm On May 08, 2021
Oh my God! It is not spiritual....they probably inherited a wrong gene from your mom. Boko take him to the hospital. It is well.

Back in the days, Yoruba people used to check the families of their prospective inlaws for signs like this to avoid generational heredity. May God and His host of Angels be with you....you shall forever retain your sanity.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Eriokanmi: 3:35pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Do you believe in God? If you're not going to take the advice of those homo sapiens apologists who have been blinded by the devil with the believe that God doesn't exist, there's a solution at hand. Not every problem is curable with orthodox medicine. Some could be spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Amen.

I need genuine help.
I believe so much that this will stop in my generation because my Mom used to tell us then even when she was mad that we will be fine. I want my brothers to be fine.
Get your brother on everyday doctor-recommended drugs.
I know someone whose situation could even be said to be worst than that of your brother but he currently works in an office, all thanks to everyday medication.
The only solution I can think of now is meeting a very good doctor to receive advice on the best way to manage a patient with mental health issues. He can live a normal life like everyone else with constant and proper health care management.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Skhy: 3:35pm On May 08, 2021
My sister I feel your pain. If you can join the NSPPD fire prayers every 7.00am on Facebookor YouTube, a lot of people have recieved their healing from the comfort of their homes during the prayer sections.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Steve0979(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2021
Bring him to Nigeria army reference hospital.Kaduna popularly called 44narh

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Starlight22: 3:35pm On May 08, 2021
I feel for u...
U didn't say much about how your father is handling this....what is he doing concerning the matter?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by BigCowH0rn: 3:35pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Oh, I'm so sorry.

If you can find a branch of Christ Holy Church Internations aka Odozi Obodo go there and talk to the head pastor. Ask for devine consultations.

I wish you well.

So sorry.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Righteousness2(m): 3:36pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I have asked questions.
This she did daily.

Sister! You all should RUN into the Lords Chosen! Search for the one Closest to you..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by ChimeKay: 3:36pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Look out for NSPPD on Facebook, and YouTube to watch past prayers. Live session prayers comes on 7am Monday to Friday. Pst Jerry Eze is the convener.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by chachamore(f): 3:37pm On May 08, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

i know a woman in ogidi who can help. Contact me

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by nizelgirl(f): 3:37pm On May 08, 2021
Life is spiritual in as much as your tackling it medically also tackle it spiritually. Someone has suggested Apostle Joshua Selman though I have not meet him one on one but I have listen to so many of his messages and I know he is a true man of God. Many people will suggest different places to you for solutions but ask God to guide your steps so that you will not take him to where they will increase the problem. Finally may the Almighty God show you mercy and give you a testimony in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / Young Lady, Adaeze Regina Okoh Commits Suicide; Family Alleges Murder (photos) / I Tricked My Guy Into HIV Oral Test And This Is Now Happening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.