Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country (32043 Views)

Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them / Our South African Classmates Bully, Tell Us To Leave Their Country – Nigerians / South Africans Set Nigeria Embassy Ablaze, Ask Nigerians To Leave Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Nobody: 11:49am On May 08, 2021
budaatum:
I do not think I would want people who call their own country a zoo to come to my country, to be honest.

First, if they call their own country a zoo the people must be animals even if they do not know it, and animals, wild ones especially, should remain in their cage and not come to my own country to turn it into a zoo like they did to their own country.

Besides, if those who call their own country a zoo are constantly attacking each other from different tribes, will they not come to my own country and be attacking my different to them country people?

Yes, if I was Ghanaian I will want irresponsible animals to stay in their zoo and not come and turn my Ghana into a zoo like they irresponsibly do to their own country Nigeria without ever admitting responsiblity, so I will not ask you to go back to your zoo, I will hunt animal down, put animal in a cage, and fly animal back to its zoo where animal belongs!

Thankfully, not all Nigerians call my country Nigeria a zoo.

It is not a matter of what Nigerians call their country (a lot of Americans call their country a racist and inequal hell, yet they still get admitted into other countries , and they openly abuse their country in those other countries)...it is a matter of competition by foreginers, and of Nigerians not obeying the rules.

The rules say 'No foreigners in retail' . Yet, Nigerians ignored the rules. Now the rules are about to be enforced.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Obyino: 11:50am On May 08, 2021
From Ghana must go,to Nigeria must go...SMH
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Golan007: 11:52am On May 08, 2021
helinues:

Mods,this guy is the one behind comments cancellation on NL... Do not mind him... He should also have some bites of what he has been given to others
He and a mod are in conjunction.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by wink2015(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2021
LATE KWAME NKRUMAH must hear this.

He was talking about an INTERNATIONAL STATE OF AFRICA.

But his people present way of doing things seems to have betrayed the vision of the late Kwame Nkrumah who saw africa from a pan african perspectives.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Nobody: 11:53am On May 08, 2021
Billyonaire666:
More Nigerians need to set up shops in West African Countries. If they fight you, fight them back. If they kill you, kill them back. No more cowardice.

Nigerians are free to set up shops wherever they want.

But the bone of contention is that Ghanaian law does not allow foreigners to set up retail based shops in Ghana. (Here in Nigeria, foreign banks are not allowed to operate retail banking services in Nigeria...which is why we have Barclays in many African countries bar Nigeria...yes, ECOBANK...which was set up partly with Nigerian cash...is an exception)

If the law says NO, then follow the law. Yes, the ghanaian law is not fair, but that's life. If we create crisis all over West Africa, we lose goodwill, investment...and by extension, cash.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Graciafun(m): 11:53am On May 08, 2021
greatdreamer:
See Ghana? When visionary leaders saddled the affairs of this great nation in 60s and 70s Ghanaians came here as beggars. But today Buhari has made Nigerians everywhere to be fugitives even in their own country

To be honest, it didn't start with Buhari. We've, over the years, had crooks as leaders. They all lacked and are still lacking vision. There has never been a country called Nigeria but an association of independent ethnic Nations who are willing and still striving to remain independent.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by ogwumgbe: 11:54am On May 08, 2021
topboss:
WITH THE WAY GHANAIANS TALK, U WILL THINK THEY ARE PAYING NIGERIANS THERE BENEFITS.

GHANAIANS GO TO OTHER PEOPLE COUNTRY AND THEY RUN THEIR BUSINESS, YET THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE TO RUN BUSINESS IN THEIR COUNTRY.

AND THIS IS WAT WE ARE DISCUSSING WITH THEM?

ARE WE NOT FOOLISH?

LET THE GHANIANS IN NIGERIA GO BACK HOME AND NIGERIANS IN GHANA RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA.

NIGERIA SHOULD SHUT DOWN ITS EMBASSY AND LET EVERYBDOTY RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA.

THE INSULT IS NOW BECOMING UNBEARABLE.

I MEAN LAST TIME THEY DEMOLISHED THE NIGERIA EMBASSY.

GHANA EMBASSY IN NIGERIA SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY.

The best thing is to ban all their useless products in Nigeria market especially that olumo bitter
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Golan007: 11:55am On May 08, 2021
soundOsonic:

When I see reply on Nairaland I shake my head.
What I posted was it a lie?

If there is any iorta of lies there point it and show me.

We are not talking about Terrorism here that's off discussion.

Besides did I mention the tribe in question?

You were the one who picked the tribe and let it fall in this Narration.

I didn't judge anybody. You are the judge here. You just judged yourself and you are angry.
angry

They hate the truth.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by temitope27(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2021
johnmartus:
You are right about this there is this popular man that doing painting he has a big factory in Tamale and Accra his name is Akimu oda he is from ogbomoso.
That name has become household in Ghana.
really am happy to hear that, but this igbos will nw act as if they only do business in foreign country

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Missyajoke(f): 11:56am On May 08, 2021
The ipovians are always causing trouble wherever they go, you go to a place and take over their business and you expect them to be happy with you it doesn't work that way, Yorubas will never act that way you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by temitope27(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2021
helinues:

The people dominating stationery book business in Ghana are my family friend.. They have been like that for decades, their other friends are into other business dominating that way...

That was why I asked when did Igbo people start doing business in Ghana
oga don't mind those ipob people, they like to always cry foul where ever they are it's in their DNA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by lagdmark(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Why won't Nigerian owned SME's overflow other countries when our own country can't even allow those businesses to flourish.
No think like Mumu bro. Europeans, Americans and Chinese made their goods and services available to all nations on earth is not because their countries didn't allow them flourish back in their countries.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Onepeople: 11:58am On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:
Kanu should send ESN/UGM there. grin grin

On a more serious note. 98% of traders there are igbos. So Ghana is chasing us, kanu is creating enemity with the North, and UGM is setting igboland on fire.
it will be difficult for the brainless to understand what is happening around them, for the fools every issues is about tribalism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by seunjungle1(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2021
Then it was "Ghana must Go", now, "Nigeria must Go."
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Hayee(f): 12:00pm On May 08, 2021
nero2face:
brother no be force to stay for another man land, remember Nigeria did same to them some years back,
Thanks for this statement all i see here is karma
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Onepeople: 12:02pm On May 08, 2021
helinues:
Let them deport those who are not ready to abide by Ghana law

I stand with Ghana
oga confusionist nobody is talking about law here ok.ghanians are feeling threatened economically.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 08, 2021
This one of the reasons Nigerians hate Igbos too
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2021
That is what life is all about, it changes, b4 it was Ghana must go, now is Nigeria must go,
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Vulcanheph(m): 12:05pm On May 08, 2021
lagdmark:

No think like Mumu bro. Europeans, Americans and Chinese made their goods and services available to all nations on earth is not because their countries didn't allow them flourish back in their countries.
Most of the businesses owned by the people you mentioned (Europeans, Americans & Chinese) that flourished all over the world had already become big brand names in their home country before they decided to spread their tentacles all over the world.

How many of those people do you see coming to Nigeria to open up small/medium businesses like our Nigerians do in other countries.?

So between me and you now, who dey reason like mumu?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Benmob: 12:07pm On May 08, 2021
Missyajoke:
The ipovians are always causing trouble wherever they go, you go to a place and take over their business and you expect them to be happy with you it doesn't work that way, Yorubas will never act that way you.
may d hatred of Igbos kill u there fool

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Vulcanheph(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

Nigerians are free to set up shops wherever they want.

But the bone of contention is that Ghanaian law does not allow foreigners to set up retail based shops in Ghana. (Here in Nigeria, foreign banks are not allowed to operate retail banking services in Nigeria...which is why we have Barclays in many African countries bar Nigeria...yes, ECOBANK...which was set up partly with Nigerian cash...is an exception)

If the law says NO, then follow the law. Yes, the ghanaian law is not fair, but that's life. If we create crisis all over West Africa, we lose goodwill, investment...and by extension, cash.
Better oil dey your head.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Onepeople: 12:10pm On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:

Its not by question. Yorubas to Ghana buy fabrics and sell and return. Igbos have shops in the markets.

Forget the name mokola market. When you enter the market you will understand. All those shops they lock are owned by igbos. Yorubas hardly have shops there. They come and buy and go.

Go to circle GSM market. Go to kaneshi market, go to opera. You will see 1000 igbo shops before you will see a yoruba.

Same goes to togo. From Asie market to Asigami market. Even togolese learn igbo because of the market.
so what is your point? So igbos have seized to be part of Nigeria ? When u hear ipob or ESN you start shouting one Nigeria, igboman will continue to strive for survival wherever he found himself, grow up ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by AregbeFufu: 12:10pm On May 08, 2021
Missyajoke:
This taking over of someone's business; does it happen forcefully or through fair competition?
I need an answer.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Benmob: 12:10pm On May 08, 2021
Hayee:
Thanks for this statement all i see here is karma
know ur history before u come here to talk rubbish, it was Ghana that d first before Nigeria did there own back..
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Jdbrasco2: 12:12pm On May 08, 2021
Ghana abeg calm down. This is not the time. Wait a little bit, the sea is hot in Nija rt now. These people can't come back now.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:14pm On May 08, 2021
greatdreamer:
See Ghana? When visionary leaders saddled the affairs of this great nation in 60s and 70s Ghanaians came here as beggars. But today Buhari has made Nigerians everywhere to be fugitives even in their own country

Please name these visionary leaders ooooo!

Because with so much hindsight data, I doubt any Nigerian has that priviledge of being called visionary

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by neyohh: 12:15pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:
I do not think I would want people who call their own country a zoo to come to my country, to be honest.

First, if they call their own country a zoo the people must be animals even if they do not know it, and animals, wild ones especially, should remain in their cage and not come to my own country to turn it into a zoo like they did to their own country.

Besides, if those who call their own country a zoo are constantly attacking each other from different tribes, will they not come to my own country and be attacking my different to them country people?

Yes, if I was Ghanaian I will want irresponsible animals to stay in their zoo and not come and turn my Ghana into a zoo like they irresponsibly do to their own country Nigeria without ever admitting responsiblity, so I will not ask you to go back to your zoo, I will hunt animal down, put animal in a cage, and fly animal back to its zoo where animal belongs!

Thankfully, not all Nigerians call my country Nigeria a zoo.

Nuff said.

100%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Benmob: 12:16pm On May 08, 2021
Baawahala:
This one of the reasons Nigerians hate Igbos too
talk for ur self u tribalist hate shit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles / "Re-Arrest Kanu, Face Consequences" - Militants Tell FG / Students Rioted In Lagos In 1971 Over The Death Of 2 Demonstrators (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.