Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,704 members, 7,959,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User (19326 Views)

Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat / Get 6.4GB/60 Days On Glo Network With N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Grandmeister(m): 8:22pm On May 08, 2021
FILEBE:

How ? if Fastest. I cant debate that with you even though you could be wrong.
Cheapest ? It is a big lie . Glo is the cheapest
Why does GLO split my data usage? If I sub 1.5gb I expect to be able to use it anyhow I want. Not splitting my data into 2 for day and night. If I want to finish the 1.5gb during the day allow me!

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by DWJOBScom(m): 8:24pm On May 08, 2021
I use glo and it's the most reliable on my area
MTN has been falling my hand not to talk of 9mobile.
My church streams sigh Glo and its amazing

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by FILEBE(m): 8:25pm On May 08, 2021
Grandmeister:

Why does GLO split my data usage? If I sub 1.5gb I expect to be able to use it anyhow I want. Not splitting my data into 2 for day and night. If I want to finish the 1.5gb during the day allow me!

Other network does same
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Cyprian221: 8:25pm On May 08, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
Elock1:
grin
I have used MTN, AIRTEL and ETISALAT
but you see that glo.. My spirit don't just like it and I don't disobey my spirit

Don't even dream of using glo anyday because it's a disaster
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Grandmeister(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2021
FILEBE:

Other network does same
Absolutely not true! Mtn doesnt.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by FILEBE(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2021
AutoRedux:

Glo Cheap?
You still dey learn. The costliest network is glo. I am coming from the point of data usability. No need to give me three plates of rice that is tasteless when I can have just one delicious plate of rice with fried chicken. Glo with all their data volumes na rubbish till tommorrow. I once subscribed glo 6gb but ended up using only 700mb due to poor network.

It works well for me. I have been using glo ever since blackberry days. I know people complain about its data network . For me, it has been okay as long aa ot is on 4G. Infact they seem to have the moat stable 4g data network sef. If u use 3g .... u go hate glo

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by BlackFlamefromP: 8:34pm On May 08, 2021
Good to know that.

The truth is, there is no perfect network. I have like 6 lines out of which 2 are glo lines and I hardly have issues with my Glo lines; I have mtn, I also have airtel lines. From my experience there is no much difference among them. Each has its own area of strength and weakness. ALL OF THEM do scam and exploit Nigerians from time to time.

From my experience of using all most of the network, glo remains the best network after mtn most especially when it comes to data and the quality of their customer service is not different from that of mtn.

Nigerians should stop this habit of hating things blindly and unjustifiably just because some other people hate it.

geequ:
I did sim replacement last three weeks and it was very easy.. Though I did mine in Lagos.... I hope the offices you visited is the real designated glo office and not business centres. Just google glo office in Ibadan, you can visit the offices in the search.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 08, 2021
Glo wey I dey find him Sim to buy, one man's food.......
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by tunary(m): 8:37pm On May 08, 2021
Only to recharge alone is a major problem. If not for their cheap data what will I be doing with glo
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by BadEnglish(m): 8:54pm On May 08, 2021
I still stand by my word , even Adenuga no dey use glo browse

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by ysalli: 9:07pm On May 08, 2021
PenName55:
How many of you guys suffering same?

I do, I'm at Lord's mercy, I can't do anything that is connected to m gloy sim
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by MOGPman(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2021
[quote author=PenName55 post=101490735]Hi guys,
I am here to speak my mind and the minds of thousands if not millions of other Glo users going through the same pain I go through.
As I am typing I just left a Glo office and branched at restaurant to eat.
I stay in Ibadan and I lost my sim late last year after I have linked my NIN to the sim.
I have been to virtually all Glo offices in Ibadan and it's the same story.

The PolyIbadan office like six times
The Challenge office one time
The Idiape office four times.

Just to retrieve a sim I lost despite having all the requirements for sim retrieval, it has not been possible.
My last visit today was at the Idiape office. We were told to come back after the Muslim celebration coming.

I have never seen a useless network as Glo in this Country.

They told me and many others that when we bought the sims years back, the background picture was not white, so we have to wait till God knows when.

How is that the fault of their customers?
How senseless and stupid are they saying this trash and keeping people away from using their sims. When many use it for business.
And bad thing about it is you can't port the number until you retrieve it.

Other Network providers are already doing sim replacements easily and here is an indeginous network saying trash.

I wrote their head office and I was replied through the Email that due to the fact that it was not white background that is on their computer data page, the sims have to be re-registered. Okay reregister and give us our sims. They say we have to wait.

This is my online business sim I use for Amazon and Payoneer. I have not been able to transact business on my Amazon account since last year, I have money to withdraw on Payoneer and I can't. I need to take care of my family I can't.

Slow browsing, senseless policies and poor customer service.

On getting my sim back, it won't take me two days before porting to Airtel or MTN.

Pls help helpless Nigerians push to front page.[Every network has its limitations! That's why I don't trust and rely on any. However, of the four networks I use (etisalat, airtel, mtn and glo), glo is indeed the worst!
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Ferrous(m): 9:16pm On May 08, 2021
Opposite that lodge?

dontbothermuch:
smiley
The glo office at University of portharcourt, around that filling station is more than useless. That fat fair guy will just tell you, "the system is down".

But I am still enjoying them sha. There internet connection is wonderful.

One love Glo
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by HitlerGaddafi: 9:21pm On May 08, 2021
PenName55:
Hi guys,
I am here to speak my mind and the minds of thousands if not millions of other Glo users going through the same pain I go through.
I stay in Ibadan and I lost my sim late last year after I have linked my NIN to the sim.

Just to retrieve a sim I lost despite having all the requirements for sim retrieval, it has not been possible.
My last visit today was at the Idiape office. We were told to come back after the Muslim celebration coming.

They told me and many others that when we bought the sims years back, the background picture was not white, so we have to wait till God knows when.

How senseless and stupid are they saying this trash and keeping people away from using their sims. When many use it for business.

Other Network providers are already doing sim replacements easily and here is an indeginous network saying trash.

I wrote their head office and I was replied through the Email that due to the fact that it was not white background that is on their computer data page, the sims have to be re-registered. Okay reregister and give us our sims. They say we have to wait.

This is my online business sim I use for Amazon and Payoneer. I have not been able to transact business on my Amazon account since last year, I have money to withdraw on Payoneer and I can't. I need to take care of my family I can't.

On getting my sim back, it won't take me two days before porting to Airtel or MTN.

Pls help helpless Nigerians push to front page.
Same here. I lost my glo sim since last year. Retrieving it has been hell. Last time I tried another office, they said my name's doesn't tally with what's on my bvn ( instead of ABC, they said i registered with BCA). Asides that they said they've not gotten the mandate from pantamis yet to resume sim Registration.. I just weak.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Sedonxavi: 9:26pm On May 08, 2021
The most useless network provider in Nigeria. They only know how to dash money to yeyebrities
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Lotusflowerbomb: 9:35pm On May 08, 2021
Glo clients are the hardest people to reach on phone. Smh!
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Cblessing(m): 9:36pm On May 08, 2021
How many of you guys suffering same?

Please, DM me. Thanks
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by AKEEMNAS(m): 10:18pm On May 08, 2021
Sorry man, I understand your pain. It's frustrating.
Incase any network provider treats you anyhow, go to twitter and tag their page, tag NCC as well. They will respond quickly once you drag them to lay your complaint. You can never underestimate the power of social media platforms especially twitter. Good luck.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Olowola2: 10:32pm On May 08, 2021
When arsenal fan is using Glo that means suicide.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by ik360: 10:49pm On May 08, 2021
Most complain should go to NCC they banned all communication companies from rendering such service since last year December. It is this week they approved MTN office in uyo to start sim registration. They have to visit your office and approve it before such could happen. There is nothing the communication companies can do as they don't want to be fined by NCC.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Amasimichael: 10:53pm On May 08, 2021
Pls which Glo r u guys talking about. I have MTN, Etisalat n Glo lines. N Glo remians d most reliable network for now. Whether na browsing or calls. There was a time Glo network was better rubbish but u see currently. No network for naija near glo.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Aestheticsdude(m): 11:10pm On May 08, 2021
AdiscoPele:
I have never seen a network as useless as glo. Sometimes, network will go missing from your phone for like 2days or the network is not strong enough to browse or do other things.
Instead of them to invest on improving their ailing network, all they do is copy Airtel in adverts. Useless company, giving money meant for upgrade of network to yeyebrities.
It shall be well with you, all they know is to do adverts.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by steffi01(m): 11:11pm On May 08, 2021
You know smart people don't use glo, that net/snailwork is for the sluggish people of extreme patience grin
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Dot101: 11:15pm On May 08, 2021
I resided at new airport ibadan where u won't get more 2 bar signal of glo. I moved to another area close to akobo akala where glo network will turn one to nusiance. I work presently in Warri where hv never being a beneficial of glo uninterrupted network. One day,holy spirit of network ministered to me to change to Airtel not porting ooooo.Since then, the network song of laughter, happiness and joy domiciled within my heart.

Bottom line,Glo kills either call or data happiness except in Lagos.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Dot101: 11:16pm On May 08, 2021
I resided at new airport ibadan where u won't get more than 2 bar signal of glo. I moved to another area close to akobo akala where glo network will turn one to nusiance. I work presently in Warri where hv never being a beneficial of glo uninterrupted network. One day,holy spirit of network ministered to me to change to Airtel not porting ooooo.Since then, the network song of laughter, happiness and joy domiciled within my heart.

Bottom line,Glo kills either call or data happiness except in Lagos.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by samwash(m): 11:35pm On May 08, 2021
PenName55:
Hi guys,

Pls help helpless Nigerians push to front page.

Those offices you visited are their main offices & the staff too dey form big boys/ girls.
Better visit the office at Ososami junction at Oke-Ado( same building with Sterling Bank).
Or an outlet at Palm Mall Ring Road( ShopRite)
Especially at ShopRite they will attend to you.
Note: You have to be very patient becaz they are much pple,it may take you all day.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by gunvi: 11:48pm On May 08, 2021
ik360:
Most complain should go to NCC they banned all communication companies from rendering such service since last year December. It is this week they approved MTN office in uyo to start sim registration. They have to visit your office and approve it before such could happen. There is nothing the communication companies can do as they don't want to be fined by NCC.

One thing Nigerians do not know is that the regulations come from NCC. If the telcos do otherwise they will be sanction them heavily. I had a similar issue like the guy in ibadan but mine was in Lagos with my glo line. Just to replace my sim, they couldn't due to NCC order.... until last week when NCC gave the telcos go ahead to do sim replacemt. I later went to glo office for this service and I was told to go to either their office in VI, Surulere or Lekki. Just yesterday, in no time, av done it. So the whole frustration is coming NCC Itself not globacom. It is well
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by charlesucheh(m): 11:58pm On May 08, 2021
Its like a stigma!

Once it's Nigerian, it will never function properly.
It's as if everything affects each other in this country.
Glo will dash you free MB you can't use due to poor network coverage.
Its only glo that will make you walk round the whole city just to get reception.
I'm presently in my room with a 2 sim phone which has glo as the sim 2 and MTN as the sim one, but it still looks like I have only one sim card which is the MTN.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by edoairways: 1:46am On May 09, 2021
FILEBE:

Other network does same
They don't. MTN and Airtel doesn't split their data
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by edoairways: 1:53am On May 09, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
Good to know that.

The truth is, there is no perfect network. I have like 6 lines out of which 2 are glo lines and I hardly have issues with my Glo lines; I have mtn, I also have airtel lines. From my experience there is no much difference among them. Each has its own area of strength and weakness. ALL OF THEM do scam and exploit Nigerians from time to time.

From my experience of using all most of the network, glo remains the best network after mtn most especially when it comes to data and the quality of their customer service is not different from that of mtn.

Nigerians should stop this habit of hating things blindly and unjustifiably just because some other people hate it.

Nobody hates glo however they are messing up big time. Glo knows this yet they shy from their responsibility. Haven't you wonder why Airtel is dragging position with glo?
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by edoairways: 1:59am On May 09, 2021
Amasimichael:
Pls which Glo r u guys talking about. I have MTN, Etisalat n Glo lines. N Glo remians d most reliable network for now. Whether na browsing or calls. There was a time Glo network was better rubbish but u see currently. No network for naija near glo.
It doesn't change the fact that they are worst off
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by dontbothermuch: 3:57am On May 09, 2021
Ferrous:
Opposite that lodge?

Nearly opposite UBA bank. That roundabout when entering through AP filling station. You will see another filling station at that roundabout. There is a glo office there. I have been there thrice. I don abandon the glo sim since.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Seven Worst Phones Of 2012 (pictures & Reason) / Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. / Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.