Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,698 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:32 AM

The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User (19285 Views)

Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat / Get 6.4GB/60 Days On Glo Network With N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by athorello(m): 5:11am On May 09, 2021
This same white background shiii...

Wetin pain me pass be say all my info tally apart from the fact that the photo background no white enough according to them.

Mtn is my main call/browning line though. Only that glo is official and transactional. So, I've been handicapped since over a month now that I lost the NIN linked sim and phone.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Elock1: 5:34am On May 09, 2021
AdiscoPele:
I have never seen a network as useless as glo. Sometimes, network will go missing from your phone for like 2days or the network is not strong enough to browse or do other things.
Instead of them to invest on improving their ailing network, all they do is copy Airtel in adverts. Useless company, giving money meant for upgrade of network to yeyebrities.
then finish their customers money on every celebrity way I never even hear of, as ambassadors
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by iampeterben(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2021
GLO na Nigeria scam.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Nobody: 6:46am On May 09, 2021
Jacku:
Go to their social media page especially twitter. They will respond to you.
Their social handles pass their office abi?
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Ferrous(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2021
dontbothermuch:

Nearly opposite UBA bank. That roundabout when entering through AP filling station. You will see another filling station at that roundabout. There is a glo office there. I have been there thrice. I don abandon the glo sim since.

I know it. Conoil filling station
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by abeniagbon(m): 7:52am On May 09, 2021
PenName55:
Hi guys,
I am here to speak my mind and the minds of thousands if not millions of other Glo users going through the same pain I go through.
As I am typing I just left a Glo office and branched at restaurant to eat.
I stay in Ibadan and I lost my sim late last year after I have linked my NIN to the sim.
I have been to virtually all Glo offices in Ibadan and it's the same story.

The PolyIbadan office like six times
The Challenge office one time
The Idiape office four times.

Just to retrieve a sim I lost despite having all the requirements for sim retrieval, it has not been possible.
My last visit today was at the Idiape office. We were told to come back after the Muslim celebration coming.

I have never seen a useless network as Glo in this Country.

They told me and many others that when we bought the sims years back, the background picture was not white, so we have to wait till God knows when.

How is that the fault of their customers?
How senseless and stupid are they saying this trash and keeping people away from using their sims. When many use it for business.
And bad thing about it is you can't port the number until you retrieve it.

Other Network providers are already doing sim replacements easily and here is an indeginous network saying trash.

I wrote their head office and I was replied through the Email that due to the fact that it was not white background that is on their computer data page, the sims have to be re-registered. Okay reregister and give us our sims. They say we have to wait.

This is my online business sim I use for Amazon and Payoneer. I have not been able to transact business on my Amazon account since last year, I have money to withdraw on Payoneer and I can't. I need to take care of my family I can't.

Slow browsing, senseless policies and poor customer service.

On getting my sim back, it won't take me two days before porting to Airtel or MTN.

Pls help helpless Nigerians push to front page.

Come to Lagos head office... I guess you will get the sim back
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by yusufdontk(m): 8:22am On May 09, 2021
2yrs ago i face the same challenges, that why i will never use Glo has my primary line again.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by clothingonline(m): 9:03am On May 09, 2021
Buy Glo 4G sim

I use all network Mtn Glo and Airtel
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Checked86: 9:42am On May 09, 2021
MAGG0T:
cheesy

Omo glo is the best network for me...in terms of data and browsing speed...
Same here. I don't know if it is because of my area or just share luck. I stream videos and it hardly buffer like when I was using Airtel network. Yea, glo has problem but I can tolerate it. Not bad.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by iamSirPhil(m): 9:44am On May 09, 2021
They will respond to same thing very annoying. GLO is becoming a nuisance to itself. I'm jus glad they ain't my main network. This has been going on since last Sept oh. Either ways, I am porting immediately as I can. Rubbish

Jacku:
Go to their social media page especially twitter. They will respond to you.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by iamSirPhil(m): 9:45am On May 09, 2021
Make your sim lost fess then come back and repeat this statement.

MAGG0T:
cheesy

Omo glo is the best network for me...in terms of data and browsing speed...
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Hastala: 11:41am On May 09, 2021
watch as davido teach imade how to drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcHZo450IKA
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by princetom1(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2021
PenName55:
Hi guys,
I am here to speak my mind and the minds of thousands if not millions of other Glo users going through the same pain I go through.
I stay in Ibadan and I lost my sim late last year after I have linked my NIN to the sim.

Just to retrieve a sim I lost despite having all the requirements for sim retrieval, it has not been possible.
My last visit today was at the Idiape office. We were told to come back after the Muslim celebration coming.

They told me and many others that when we bought the sims years back, the background picture was not white, so we have to wait till God knows when.

How senseless and stupid are they saying this trash and keeping people away from using their sims. When many use it for business.

Other Network providers are already doing sim replacements easily and here is an indeginous network saying trash.

I wrote their head office and I was replied through the Email that due to the fact that it was not white background that is on their computer data page, the sims have to be re-registered. Okay reregister and give us our sims. They say we have to wait.

This is my online business sim I use for Amazon and Payoneer. I have not been able to transact business on my Amazon account since last year, I have money to withdraw on Payoneer and I can't. I need to take care of my family I can't.

On getting my sim back, it won't take me two days before porting to Airtel or MTN.

Just escalate it to twitter and drop link here... We will finish the fight on twitter... They will contact you and do it ASAP
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by jantman(m): 12:41pm On May 09, 2021
Elock1:
grin
I have used MTN, AIRTEL and ETISALAT
but you see that glo.. My spirit don't just like it and I don't disobey my spirit

I have used all the network, Glo,Airtel, Etisalat, a multi Link, Visafone

But you see MTN, I puke (Vormit)
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by DedeNkem: 1:12pm On May 09, 2021
PenName55:
Hi guys,

Don't even think of going for MTN, it's problematic too. My wife had crazy problem with it and changed to Airtel. Airtel is ok.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Candycrushy(f): 2:27pm On May 09, 2021
Am i the only person that hardly experience this same issue
Well... Maybe I'm lucky.. Lol
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by NigerianPope: 5:15pm On May 09, 2021
Well, it’s like different strokes. .. I have been using GLO for over a decade and I have never regretted it. I enjoy both voice and data though I am in Lagos. I don’t know about other areas. Their 4G experience is still the best compared to MTN which I also use.
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Jacku: 6:05pm On May 09, 2021
AfricanKingkong:
Their social handles pass their office abi?
sometimes, they take issues in there Social media handle very seriously cos alot if customers and intending customers are watching.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Eaglesence: 10:47pm On May 09, 2021
Shellsploit:
Wahala no dey finish..
Port your glo to another network na grin

How them take dey do that thing self?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Hardeboss: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by gdbelt(m): 11:23pm On Oct 02, 2021
Well for me oo Glo is good and better in my area and still serving me well, thumbs up for team Glo....
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Seun3310: 7:36am On Oct 03, 2021
Which state u dey pls
FILEBE:

It works well for me. I have been using glo ever since blackberry days. I know people complain about its data network . For me, it has been okay as long aa ot is on 4G. Infact they seem to have the moat stable 4g data network sef. If u use 3g .... u go hate glo
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by Seun3310: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2021
Which states do GLO works better
gdbelt:
Well for me oo Glo is good and better in my area and still serving me well, thumbs up for team Glo....
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by FILEBE(m): 8:18am On Oct 03, 2021
Seun3310:
Which state u dey pls

Lagos
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by iscom(m): 8:44am On Oct 03, 2021
Glo suck...
Re: The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User by ChiefOkporghe: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
Glo is a DREAM KILLER, an ENEMY Of START UPs and ONE Of The TWO Useless Networks in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Mobile Apps For Students / Samsung Set To Release Galaxy C9 With 6GB RAM / CHEAT: Airtel 1GB Data For A Month Browsing At #300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.