Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) (28008 Views)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room / Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Bahrain: 5:09pm On May 13, 2021
Self justification
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 13, 2021
You have one room with low income, why will you now fvck a woman?
O wrong naw!

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by iscom(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2021
Abeg leave us alone

Don’t forget to check my signature
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by MrHighSea: 5:11pm On May 13, 2021
I keep saying it,

Marriage is just children breeding opportunity to some people.

Because of the relatively large space I'm living, I don answer questions tire.

Shelter (location, floor area, floor material, air, moisture, crowd, distance to public buildings, distance to work, safety) affects one's overall well-being.

Except you're a wanderer, you can easily change your food and clothings.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by BruncleZuma: 5:11pm On May 13, 2021
If you can't raise them don't make them...

~ Mode-9

6 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Sedonxavi: 5:12pm On May 13, 2021
Very common in Lagos. I don't understand whether is by force to live in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by victorVIC1(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2021
This thread reminds me of my childhood days when we were 6 living in a room. Las las, God no shame us as popman later acquired his own property.

Thank God say God no be man.

Back to OP's question, it's called survival instinct. That one no mean say make you born 6 children o cos Nigeria of these days different from Nigeria of those days. 3 is enough.

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 13, 2021
SportsHD:
The govt should do something about population control.
Govt wey never get its sheet together sef.
And the way poor people reproduce, its alarming. (not all of them)
And relatively well to do folks don't really have much kids (not all of them).
I don't really understand this logic, there's a disconnect somewhere.

You'll born pikin, just to bring him to this world to become an almajiri After he turn 5 or 6, you push him into the streets to fend for himself, no formal education nothing nothing!
He grows up, gets a wife and they repeat the cycle.
Damnit

Governemt has made birth control freely available at least since the early 1990s

Infact if you live in the cities birth control is freely available at any government hospital

The problem is people don't use it.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Cutehector(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2021
Black man go still fvck

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by InvertedHammer: 5:15pm On May 13, 2021
/
For some people, a room is where they keep their belongings and go home to sleep at the end of the day...not where they lounge to watch TV and play music.

Conversely, one can debate a man, wife and two kids living in a 7-bedroom mansion en suite.
/

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by dake40(m): 5:15pm On May 13, 2021
Oracleforce:

I was raised in one room but now I live in my own duplex...it depends on the couple....there are crosses in marriage....let everyone face his or her own cross.

Not every "kid" is smart or hardworking like you sir

Out of 100, we may not see 10 individuals with stories like you. If you flip the coin around, its not the case

Environment and Parenting havr huge impacts on one's life. Be glad you made it out. Most people of similar stories are still wallowing around

31 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Angrygoat: 5:16pm On May 13, 2021
My guy insulted me yesterday just cos I joked abt someone. He go call me later apologise. Sheybi na marriage dey hungry u.no wohala enjoy the smallie.na divorce go end am.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by AgentGoat: 5:16pm On May 13, 2021
Oracleforce:

I was raised in one room but now I live in my own duplex...it depends on the couple....there are crosses in marriage....let everyone face his or her own cross.

Not everyone will turn out to be better like you. Playing it safe is what we are saying here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Greystone: 5:18pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
You're talking of family of four. I've seen family of 9 in one room. 7 children with husband and wife. Though the man later took the room beside them when the tenant there left.

Some women are the cause of this. You know the condition you live in and you'll still be producing children anyhow..

My former landlord's security man had 2 wives and 9 children. His salary then was 10k/ mnth. They wer all living in one room.

Imagine the idio.t. approaching my neighbour to beg for contribution that he wanted to get a 3rd wife. angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by jaszplus12(m): 5:18pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
You're talking of family of four. I've seen family of 9 in one room. 7 children with husband and wife. Though the man later took the room beside them when the tenant there left.

Some women are the cause of this. You know the condition you live in and you'll still be producing children anyhow..
An uncle to a friend had 11 children plus himself and wife in one room in Lagos... guess what? One night robbers came to the compound, and when they saw his crowded room, the head of robbers was shocked! He asked if the man came to Lagos only to breed!
Well long story short, they gave my friend's uncle #150,000 and gave him one week to quit Lagos and return to his village or else they will return and kill him...
He packed back to benue state and flourished before passing away about 8 years ago...
The man had a saying: NOT ALL THIEVES ARE BAD! grin

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by BigYash: 5:19pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Which women cause wetin?

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by OlawaleBammie: 5:23pm On May 13, 2021
Op, u mean house or getto
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 13, 2021
Greystone:

My former landlord's security man had 2 wives and 9 children. His salary then was 10k/ mnth. They wer all living in one room.

Imagine the idio.t. approaching my neighbour to contribute that he wanted to get a 3rd wife. angry

Lol.. this one is serious o.

BigYash:
Which women cause wetin?
Yes it the woman. She should understand her body and better still do a family planning to avoid such. No be only to dey follow man up and down for night like chicken under heat.

jaszplus12:

An uncle to a friend had 11 children plus himself and wife in one room in Lagos... guess what? One night robbers came to the compound, and when they saw his crowded room, the head of robbers was shocked! He asked if the man came to Lagos only to breed!
Well long story short, they gave my friend's uncle #150,000 and gave him one week to quit Lagos and return to his village or else they will return and kill him...
He packed back to benue state and flourished before passing away about 8 years ago...
The man had a saying: NOT ALL THIEVES ARE BAD! grin

Wow! Imagine...

Some people just need to be flogged.

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 13, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
In Economics, low income families give birth to many children because to them, children are investment goods while high income families give birth to fewer children because to them, children are consumption goods.

To a rich man, children are substitute goods, to a poor man, children are complementary goods.

Factors that affect the fertility rate in Nigeria are

1. Price (cost) of raising children
2. Income of the household
3. Taste and preference
4. Cost of other goods.

Now, looking at the cost of raising children, a man that lives at Lekki will definitely want to have fewer children because the cost of raising one child is high considering the environmental factors like school fees, rent, etc. Unlike a man living at Ijegun that will only need to drop 500 naira at home for the lunch of 5 children. Now, you know why someone living in the low-brow area of the city will most likely give birth to more children? Because it costs him less to raise them. They can go to government school for all that he cares!

Income of the household. Lower income should have mean fewer number of children but the reverse is the case in this country due to lack of education and exposure.

Taste and preference. People with high taste will want to have fewer number of children so to maintain a minimum living standard.

Cost of other goods. The higher the cost of other goods, the fewer the number of children should be.

Nigeria has factors 2 and 4 to help us reduce the population boom but high level of ignorance rather made it to work against us.

If you took your time to read this, please save the society by giving birth to no more than 3 children irrespective of the genders. Whatever 6 children will do for you, 3 children when properly trained can do it.
well said, kudos!

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Sagay212: 5:28pm On May 13, 2021
Imagine how the population of Africans keep growing even with all the noise of HIV and all sorts. People don't practice safe sex or family planning. Just phuck,phuck,phuck and phuck. Imagine if there were no terminal sexually transmitted diseases. Population for Africa for don over explode. Maybe we would have been eating one another by now.

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by BigYash: 5:29pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Yes it the woman. She should understand her body and better still do a family planning to avoid such. No be only to dey follow man up and down for night like chicken under heat.

Wow! Imagine...

I talk from experience brother. In my school days. My caretaker was always beating his wife. I got to discover that the woman said the kids were enough, and was using birth control. When the mumu man discovered it,he was beating the wife. Mind you,their kids were already more than 8. Two were staying with some persons in cities as house help. So tell me,in this case na the woman cause am?
Based on how as I take dey,one day I used indirect to ask the man the reason for the number of kids. He told me,his dad kids were more,so he is in competition with the dad. Worst be say ,money this man no get. Na to drink ogogoro ,dey misbehave. He go dey find women wen their husband die to date. He can't even take care of his wife and many kids..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by MARKone(m): 5:31pm On May 13, 2021
SportsHD:
The govt should do something about population control.
Govt wey never get its sheet together sef.
And the way poor people reproduce, its alarming. (not all of them)
And relatively well to do folks don't really have much kids (not all of them).
I don't really understand this logic, there's a disconnect somewhere.

You'll born pikin, just to bring him to this world to become an almajiri After he turn 5 or 6, you push him into the streets to fend for himself, no formal education nothing nothing!
He grows up, gets a wife and they repeat the cycle.
Damnit

Not when one Northern federal lawmaker brought his 4 wives to the hallowed chamber, to boast about how he manages his wives and 20 something children. Nigerian as it is currently constituted can't even enact a birth control law, what do you want to tell the Hausas and Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 13, 2021
3lovelyflowers:

Na so we dey always believe but before you know, we reach 30, 40, 50 and above and nothing significant changes.
I saw my parents managed though not in a room and I swore I ain't gonna disappoint my wife and my children by satisfying my Dickson.
People easily fall prey to societal pressure especially when they see their peers getting married. Later they will be blaming government for their misery.

8 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by ThothHermes: 5:34pm On May 13, 2021
3lovelyflowers:

Na so we dey always believe but before you know, we reach 30, 40, 50 and above and nothing significant changes.
Because time changes nothing.
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by VTJN(m): 5:34pm On May 13, 2021
Oracleforce:

You are serving a living God, i tap on your grace!

Though still living in one room!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Asianjollof007: 5:35pm On May 13, 2021
3lovelyflowers:

Bro, i'm just 24 and freaking ashamed of myself. I can't even move freely in my hood, i feel bad for still staying in a face me i slap you house with my parents. This life is not really fair, tbh.

10 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Noblefreeman(m): 5:39pm On May 13, 2021
Another factor to consider is the difficulty in raising well meaning children.
It is easier to raise well meaning children if you have just two than to raise well meaning children if you have six.

If they are 6 girls, how many will stay chaste, how many will go wild.
If they are six Boyz how many will be civil and how many will delve into crime and cultism.
If you had two, wouldn't it be easier to nurture these kids.
Parents must think deep before using their pubic tools carelessly.

20 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by joey150(m): 5:39pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

So, the women impregnated themselves?

If you ask me, the man should be more conscious of having lesser kids because the bulk of the burden lies on him to feed, educate, shelter and clothe them.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by jaszplus12(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Wow! Imagine...

Funny enough, the robbers flogged him 11 times before giving him the money! Cash o!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2021
I knew of a family that lives in a single room in our street back then in county b/stop ọgba Ikeja. They are 10 in a single room. Some of d grown-up sleeps on the passage especially during heat. Funny enough, such families usually give birth to beautiful and talented children. One thing that helped that particular family then was Saturday weddings and Sunday birthdays grin.

May God have mercy.

8 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by ronaldbecky(m): 5:43pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

..lolz as in ehh..wat about d man self...true true na poor people born pass..imagine 9 in one room..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Accuses Pastor Of Breaking His Marriage After Committing Adultery With Wife / Parent Pranks Son With Empty Pack Of Iphone 11 / Divorcees, What's Your Experience Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.