Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) (28010 Views)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room / Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by labelle123(f): 8:36pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

So if it takes two to tango, one person should now lose his or her sense of reasoning because the other person refused to have Sense?

Spare me that weak line. Biko.
. We have seen cases where one party is reasonable especially the woman and the husband will not accept, and before you know the whole family will turn to war zone. In essence the two need to be reoriented

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by abercrombie(m): 9:22pm On May 13, 2021
Sebastine1994:
oboy the stress too much, heat and everything,

my sisters are pain in the ass, I want to give them out in marriage

check her out
Oh they re all product of KSU, keep the one at your left till i come back from my bussiness trip grin
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by doggedfighter(f): 9:38pm On May 13, 2021
Sedonxavi:
Very common in Lagos. I don't understand whether is by force to live in Lagos

Hahahahahaha. This cracked me up,abeg.

I am coming to live in Lagos too.
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Insectkiller: 9:39pm On May 13, 2021
Poor people are jobless or menial job people.
Jobless person means someone that has no job.
Menial job person is an unskilled or lowly or slave job e.g. gateman, gardener, wheelbarrow pusher, etc.

So, a jobless and menial job person has enough time and energy that they can use to F*CK f*CK and f*CK pvssy totoo obo atu furo etc.

A typical example: my gateman (in a compound of 3bedrooma of 4units) has nine children. The occupant has just one or two children..

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by frozen70(f): 9:50pm On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
You're talking of family of four. I've seen family of 9 in one room. 7 children with husband and wife. Though the man later took the room beside them when the tenant there left.

Some women are the cause of this. You know the condition you live in and you'll still be producing children anyhow..

You have just concluded and fault the woman

Men can't really do without sex especially those poor ones

They have sex to calm down stress

They have sex to suppress the economic situation they find themselves

Infact, they have sex to solve everything that makes puts them under tension

So living with such men, you as a woman will keep giving it to him, especially when she has no option

6 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Lemmy123(m): 10:02pm On May 13, 2021
Sebastine1994:

check her out
KSU
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Ferrous(m): 10:05pm On May 13, 2021
Sebastine1994:

check her out

I would like to talk to the one with phone wink wink
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by 9jaRealist: 10:07pm On May 13, 2021
RealSolution001:
Although nobody can predict the future but there are people who deliberately walk into unfavourable condition. As a writer of this article, age wise I'm due for marriage but I don't give a damn about it not until I'm able to get a good job that can guarantee me at least one bedroom. Besides, the path Nigeria is tilting towards economically demands one to use his head sufficiently when doing things that has future implications. I live in one room apartment as years now since I graduated from the University I haven't been able to find a good paying job. In this compound, we share toilet/bathroom with no specific place to call kitchen. You just have to create a space for your cooking and the gas cylinder returned inside after cooking. In fact, looking at the structure of the building, it wasn't designed to accommodate people in family setting but singles but today, agents and the lawyer have brought so many married people into the place.

Living in one room as family

There are four different married (legally or illegally) people living in the compound as thus:

Family A has husband, wife, 3 children and two relative all living inside I room.

Family B has husband, wife, 3 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the fourth child) and a relative inside one room.

Family C has husband, wife, 2 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the 3rd child) and also a relative living inside one room while

Family D has husband, wife, two children and two relatives and mother in-law living in one room.
Crazy right? While this article is not in anyway intended to make jest of anybody but what I don't seem to understand is people living inside one room and still give birth to multiple of children into same. I mean are these people comfortable with their condition? Are they comfortable with poverty? To me, I think it's crazy. How do they cope? No privacy between the husband and the wife. Even the sex that led to their wives' current pregnancy, how, where and when did it happen when they have absolutely no privacy of their own. Also, these people can disturb. Is it because I'm not married? Always either asking for one thing or the other. "Abeg make I use your gas boil water for Garri. My own just finish". "Abeg you get Garri?" "Abeg borrow me 2k I go give you back". "Abeg u get Maggi?" "Abeg give me your toothpaste". "Abeg make I use your detergent" "abeg give me small pepper" and almost anything else you can think of. Haba! Habatically!! I'm tired please.

In my submission, I think government as a matter of urgency should do something about birth/population control in the country. Already, one of the factors that have given birth to the present state of Nigeria is over population which has led to high rate of unemployment, poverty and consequently, crime. Also, people should try to attend some level of financial comfortability before delving into family way. Me that is not married, no be say I stupid but things must be done right. May God bless me with a good job or capital for business so I can pack out of this place in no time.

Photo source: Google

How do you cope?
Close your legs and stop having children or close your mouth and quit bitching! SMH

>
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Emyogalanya: 10:54pm On May 13, 2021
RealSolution001:
Although nobody can predict the future but there are people who deliberately walk into unfavourable condition. As a writer of this article, age wise I'm due for marriage but I don't give a damn about it not until I'm able to get a good job that can guarantee me at least one bedroom. Besides, the path Nigeria is tilting towards economically demands one to use his head sufficiently when doing things that has future implications. I live in one room apartment as years now since I graduated from the University I haven't been able to find a good paying job. In this compound, we share toilet/bathroom with no specific place to call kitchen. You just have to create a space for your cooking and the gas cylinder returned inside after cooking. In fact, looking at the structure of the building, it wasn't designed to accommodate people in family setting but singles but today, agents and the lawyer have brought so many married people into the place.

There are four different married (legally or illegally) people living in the compound as thus:

Family A has husband, wife, 3 children and two relative all living inside I room.

Family B has husband, wife, 3 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the fourth child) and a relative inside one room.

Family C has husband, wife, 2 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the 3rd child) and also a relative living inside one room while

Family D has husband, wife, two children and two relatives and mother in-law living in one room.
Crazy right? While this article is not in anyway intended to make jest of anybody but what I don't seem to understand is people living inside one room and still give birth to multiple of children into same. I mean are these people comfortable with their condition? Are they comfortable with poverty? To me, I think it's crazy. How do they cope? No privacy between the husband and the wife. Even the sex that led to their wives' current pregnancy, how, where and when did it happen when they have absolutely no privacy of their own. Also, these people can disturb. Is it because I'm not married? Always either asking for one thing or the other. "Abeg make I use your gas boil water for Garri. My own just finish". "Abeg you get Garri?" "Abeg borrow me 2k I go give you back". "Abeg u get Maggi?" "Abeg give me your toothpaste". "Abeg make I use your detergent" "abeg give me small pepper" and almost anything else you can think of. Haba! Habatically!! I'm tired please.

In my submission, I think government as a matter of urgency should do something about birth/population control in the country. Already, one of the factors that have given birth to the present state of Nigeria is over population which has led to high rate of unemployment, poverty and consequently, crime. Also, people should try to attend some level of financial comfortability before delving into family way. Me that is not married, no be say I stupid but things must be done right. May God bless me with a good job or capital for business so I can pack out of this place in no time.

oh men you do. Suffer well well. The same conditions you lived with as a child now it's still at your doorstep. Courtesy of a very bad successive governments. Now you are scared of entering marriage cos of it . Unfortunately age will still catch up with you and the same countrymen will laugh at you for not meeting up to standard
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by BNLR(m): 11:19pm On May 13, 2021
Life can be unpredictable to some certain extents. But Men decision can be very careless sometimes in breeding children.

Did anybody remember the days of our fathers, when having many children is a blessing for thier farming business. The more the children, the more the workforce.

Reverse is the case now, as technology is rendering many people useless and making them lazy on daily basis.

I am actually bringing this up from the perspective of farming. It is suicidal to raise many children in a city like Lagos. But can be a blessing to a farmer with a large Compund in the country side.

Never let your background lay your back on the ground. Snap out of poverty by either trace your root and be happy or end up miserable in the city.

My points though

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Asianjollof007: 11:31pm On May 13, 2021
BruncleZuma:
If you can't raise them don't make them...

~ Mode-9

Sadly, we are 8 in my family (all male excluding my mom). Six fvcking male children, who do i blame for this?
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by BruncleZuma: 2:26am On May 14, 2021
Asianjollof007:

Sadly, we are 8 in my family (all male excluding my mom). Six fvcking male children, who do i blame for this?
N one my dude, learn from their mistakes ( you guys are already here)
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by marwanafrica: 2:28am On May 14, 2021
jaszplus12:

An uncle to a friend had 11 children plus himself and wife in one room in Lagos... guess what? One night robbers came to the compound, and when they saw his crowded room, the head of robbers was shocked! He asked if the man came to Lagos only to breed!
Well long story short, they gave my friend's uncle #150,000 and gave him one week to quit Lagos and return to his village or else they will return and kill him...
He packed back to benue state and flourished before passing away about 8 years ago...
The man had a saying: NOT ALL THIEVES ARE BAD! grin

I just hope you are not lying Sir.
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by mikibash: 2:52am On May 14, 2021
I see so many comment about how many children but no one seems to ask, to what purpose do you bring a child into this world. Once a soul exist it’s either heaven or hell at the end of the journey. While your response for making that happen!! i need enlightenment if am wrong
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by plantist: 3:09am On May 14, 2021
RealSolution001:

And a picture of children on Hijab has to be used to depict the poor living condition? Bigot!
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by plantist: 3:13am On May 14, 2021
Sebastine1994:

check her out

Where she dey? I am interested.
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by zealousayo(m): 5:41am On May 14, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
In Economics, low income families give birth to many children because to them, children are investment goods while high income families give birth to fewer children because to them, children are consumption goods.

To a rich man, children are substitute goods, to a poor man, children are complementary goods.

Factors that affect the fertility rate in Nigeria are

1. Price (cost) of raising children
2. Income of the household
3. Taste and preference
4. Cost of other goods.

Now, looking at the cost of raising children, a man that lives at Lekki will definitely want to have fewer children because the cost of raising one child is high considering the environmental factors like school fees, rent, etc. Unlike a man living at Ijegun that will only need to drop 500 naira at home for the lunch of 5 children. Now, you know why someone living in the low-brow area of the city will most likely give birth to more children? Because it costs him less to raise them. They can go to government school for all that he cares!

Income of the household. Lower income should have mean fewer number of children but the reverse is the case in this country due to lack of education and exposure.

Taste and preference. People with high taste will want to have fewer number of children so to maintain a minimum living standard.

Cost of other goods. The higher the cost of other goods, the fewer the number of children should be.

Nigeria has factors 2 and 4 to help us reduce the population boom but high level of ignorance rather made it to work against us.

If you took your time to read this, please save the society by giving birth to no more than 3 children irrespective of the genders. Whatever 6 children will do for you, 3 children when properly trained can do it.
Wow!

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Riscawendy(f): 6:08am On May 14, 2021
CharisEleos:
You're talking of family of four. I've seen family of 9 in one room. 7 children with husband and wife. Though the man later took the room beside them when the tenant there left.

Some women are the cause of this. You know the condition you live in and you'll still be producing children anyhow..
Is the man that impregnate the woman, before she can give birth, and in most cases this kind of people if their wife's denial them sex they will " beat the hell out of them"

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 6:11am On May 14, 2021
3lovelyflowers:

Na so we dey always believe but before you know, we reach 30, 40, 50 and above and nothing significant changes.
Adulthood na scam cry
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 6:15am On May 14, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
In Economics, low income families give birth to many children because to them, children are investment goods while high income families give birth to fewer children because to them, children are consumption goods.

To a rich man, children are substitute goods, to a poor man, children are complementary goods.

Factors that affect the fertility rate in Nigeria are

1. Price (cost) of raising children
2. Income of the household
3. Taste and preference
4. Cost of other goods.

Now, looking at the cost of raising children, a man that lives at Lekki will definitely want to have fewer children because the cost of raising one child is high considering the environmental factors like school fees, rent, etc. Unlike a man living at Ijegun that will only need to drop 500 naira at home for the lunch of 5 children. Now, you know why someone living in the low-brow area of the city will most likely give birth to more children? Because it costs him less to raise them. They can go to government school for all that he cares!

Income of the household. Lower income should have mean fewer number of children but the reverse is the case in this country due to lack of education and exposure.

Taste and preference. People with high taste will want to have fewer number of children so to maintain a minimum living standard.

Cost of other goods. The higher the cost of other goods, the fewer the number of children should be.

Nigeria has factors 2 and 4 to help us reduce the population boom but high level of ignorance rather made it to work against us.

If you took your time to read this, please save the society by giving birth to no more than 3 children irrespective of the genders. Whatever 6 children will do for you, 3 children when properly trained can do it.
Whose son are you? I seldom follow people but you have just earned a follower smiley

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 6:36am On May 14, 2021
Riscawendy:

Is the man that impregnate the woman, before she can give birth, and in most cases this kind of people if their wife's denial them sex they will " beat the hell out of them"

O yeah?

I don't get the justification here. I mean... So if the man decides to be pumping you every year with pregnancy, you'll say because he has decided to, you as the wife has no choice but to succumb?

Is it not your body to protect?
Is the woman not wise enough to know if she gives herself up for such, it will have a negative effect on her health and affect her household financially?

Why do women act like chickens when it comes to matters like this where they are suppose to have a mind of their own and take a stand that will benefit them their families?

I still don't agree the man should be blamed because all they simply want to do is enjoy their wife's and you as the wife should not let off your guards just because "he's the one pestering me for sex" that's baldadash!

Women should be wise. No room for excuse to be birthing children like pigs in these hard times.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by gregyboy(m): 7:03am On May 14, 2021
Even if i get money scatter na 2 pikin i won get

Children are just continuity of life one or two is enough i dont see why people have them supplus

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Austyno121(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2021
RealSolution001:
A poor man should not have more than one child. That is ideal.

You over make sense sha but considering a country like naija where child/adult mortality rate is so high�

Like if your dad is still alive and you're over 50
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 7:19am On May 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

So Na the woman dey born pikin without sperm. Chai
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 8:04am On May 14, 2021
sevenhundred:
does that mean the bad government is forever? We might still have good leaders. Who value human resources and know how to utilize it.
Abeg make una stop dey argue with this guy. Bros go born like rabbit Na las las Na beer parlour you go siddon dey blame Buhari for your woes. Rubbish and ingredients.
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by jaszplus12(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2021
marwanafrica:

I just hope you are not lying Sir.
Sir, if it didn't happen, I'll not mention it... I'm not here to tell tall tales!
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Bearfruit(f): 9:42am On May 14, 2021
RealSolution001:
A poor man should not have more than one child. That is ideal.
wise in your eyes is it not, just say what is in your mind the poorman should not exist.psalm 10. Have seeing many like you.
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Bearfruit(f): 9:43am On May 14, 2021
RealSolution001:

RUBBISH
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Bearfruit(f): 9:57am On May 14, 2021
He that reproach the poor reproach his maker.
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by ofiko123(m): 10:15am On May 14, 2021
Very very difficult to cope.... extremely difficult..May God save us...
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by RealSolution001: 11:15am On May 14, 2021
Bearfruit:
wise in your eyes is it not, just say what is in your mind the poorman should not exist.psalm 10. Have seeing many like you.

I only made a suggestion but if you think it's wise to birth 20 children in your poor state, you are very free ma.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Accuses Pastor Of Breaking His Marriage After Committing Adultery With Wife / Parent Pranks Son With Empty Pack Of Iphone 11 / Husband Who Beat His Wife Kneels To Beg Her As She Insists On Leaving The Marria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.