Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10563 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Surely people may twist it, get the word twist meaning to take it out of context meaning if the words of paul are placed in context it would be understood.

elated177:

Those who misunderstand the writings and teachings of apostle Paul, our brother, will continue to fall into trouble. The funny thing is many them deliberately twist them to justify their own lawlessness and give pleasure to their lawless listeners and followers.

2 Peter 3 : 15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Now, listen:

Deut 32 : 46 he said to them, “Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. 47 They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.”

Need I say more?
paul wrote deep things of the Christian faith, so unbelivers might twist it to condemn themselves.

Was Deuteronomy written to you? The only way the old testament can be understood is through the teachings of the new testament.

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

All the old testament from Gensis to Malachi are bearing witness of christ.
In the old testament it was the law that was their guide but that law was only pointing to Jesus.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Another crap.

You are confused.

Did God write any cremional law in the 10commandments?
so thou shall not commit adultery that paul called the law is ceremonial law? It was you that said the law paul was talking about was ceremonial law
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
livingchrist:

Where is it written that God's commandment is the 10 commandments? Going by your logic homosexuality/ lesbianism as well as sex between unmarried people is ok because they are not part of the ten commandments.

by the way Jesus said the two law which are not part of the ten commandment is greater than the ten commandments.

Were did I write that homosexuality , lesbianism is OK?

All the sin ever known to man is covered by the 10commandments.

Homosexuality, lesbianism, adultery all fall under thou shall not commit adultery.

It's as simple as that.

Liar.

No where did Jesus say his 2 laws are greater rather he equated them as been the same laws with that the prophets and the people had known.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
elated177:

You said a completely different thing from what the verse said. Do yourself a favour; if really you want to serve and follow the Messiah. Leave the writings of apostle Paul alone, if you don't understand them.
why should I leave the writings of paul alone?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
livingchrist:

Where is it written that God's commandment is the 10 commandments? Going by your logic homosexuality/ lesbianism as well as sex between unmarried people is ok because they are not part of the ten commandments.

by the way Jesus said the two law which are not part of the ten commandment is greater than the ten commandments.

Are you drunk?

Why is it called the 10commandments?
Is there any other place in the Bible were God wrote with his finger or appeared the way he did on mount Sinai?

What do you think will be the commandments of God outside the 10commandments?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Talking to you is like am schooling a 5year old, no sense or rationality.

I have explained this verse over 10times and would not repeat myself.

As usual gaslighting
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
livingchrist:
barking like a dog, why did you avoid the question, where in the ten commandment is are the two greatest commandment written? Confused dolt,

You are an idiot.

I have posted this evidence over 10times showing repeatedly that the commandments to love God and ones neighbour is to obey the 10commandments.

I would not repeat myself.

You deserve the insults you get becos you are craftly and a liar.

I argued with Myers I showed him Bible verses in new testament that instructs us to obey God's law and commandments and I asked him weather he has wonder which laws does Bible verses are talking about.
He responded and ask me to explain that he also thinks about it.

That shows someone who has sense and wants to learn not a kom kom like you that would lie and twist God's word even when the truth is in your front.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
livingchrist:

Now I know You are not ok.

When an unmarried person have sex with another unmarried person what is it called? Adultery or fornication?

Adultery.

Clown are you using modern english to define God's law?

If you had sense you will know that the bible was written in Latin and the word translated adultery is from the word "adulterare " which means to pollute, defile, alter.

So what matters to the Bible is that weather a man or woman is married or they are both single, ones they engage in sexual contact they have been defiled or polluted as long as they are not both married to each other.

Trying hard to twist God's word as usual.

Although both words come from Latin and share the same first five letters, adultery is from adulterāre (“to pollute, defile, commit adultery”), a word formed ultimately from the Latin elements ad- “to, near” and alter “other.” English adult comes from adultus, which is the past participle of the Latin word adolescere (“to grow up”).
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Are you drunk?

Why is it called the 10commandments?
Is there any other place in the Bible were God wrote with his finger or appeared the way he did on mount Sinai?

What do you think will be the commandments of God outside the 10commandments?

God writing the ten commandment with his finger is part of the glory of the old testament, he did it to glorify the law. Every other part of the law were extensions of the ten commanment, the ten commandment is like a summary of the over 614 laws.

Paul was specifically referring to the law written on the table of stones giving to moses.
The old covenant has passed away with all its laws, the new has come but however the new covenant open up the old testament and shows it's TRUE meaning however, Through the new covenant the law is fulfilled and established.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
budaatum:

Not the "penalty of breaking God's law". Because as you yourself said, the law and the penalty still applies.

What Jesus came to teach was how not to break the commandments in the first place so that the law of breaking them does not apply to one.

Understand me.

Christ died to save everyone of us from eternal death which Adam and Eve brought upon us.

We are all sinners from when we are born to when we take that decision to fellow christ.

What christ death did was to free us from that penalty of our past sins and that of Adam which we inherited its penalty been death.

And also to teach us how not to break the law.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

You are an idiot.

I have posted this evidence over 10times showing repeatedly that the commandments to love God and ones neighbour is to obey the 10commandments.

I would not repeat myself.

You deserve the insults you get becos you are craftly and a liar.

I argued with Myers I showed him Bible verses in new testament that instructs us to obey God's law and commandments and I asked him weather he has wonder which laws does Bible verses are talking about.
He responded and ask me to explain that he also thinks about it.

That shows someone who has sense and wants to learn not a kom kom like you that would lie and twist God's word even when the truth is in your front.
Answer the question, and prove that I am lying
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Before the Israelites enter into the promise land where God promised to protect them from all their enemies He instructed them to set apart cities of refuge. This cities will serve as a place to run to for safety if any man or woman should mistakenly kill someone. Numbers 35:6
So an unintentional killer must run into any city of refuge closest to him otherwise a relative of the deceased will serve as an avenger of blood and he has every right to kill him. Numbers 35:11-12
According to God's standard for justice any intentional killer will not be delivered! Numbers 35:16-20

Now based on God's righteous standard Adam and Eve deliberately chose death which has resulted to suffering, sickness and death in the lives of billions of innocent people from a day old child to a man who still love to continue living his youthful life but growing old and weak by the day all because of the choice two individuals (Adam and Eve) made! undecided

Do you think the avenger of blood (Jesus Christ) is coming to spare those two intentional murderers who put mankind into this dreadful condition? Luke 11:51

So salvation is only for the innocent not for wilful intentional wrongdoers. Adam and Eve deliberately put all their descendants in big trouble, if anything should spare them of their intentional wrongdoing then there is no reason for God to send their descendants who never heard God speak directly like Noah's contemporaries and the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah to eternal destruction.

Jesus declared that people who saw and heard from him yet refused to take his wise counsel will PERISH {Matthew 11:23} he even goes on to say those that deliberately ignore warning from his followers will not be spared {Matthew 10:11-15} so why do you think two individuals who had everything at their disposal: the best food, purest water, sound health, prospect of living forever as youth courtesy the one who asked them to keep just one single rule and they deliberately chose to rebel against Him will be forgiven, but people who are suffering the consequences of those two rebels and struggling to manage what they had will not be forgiven simply because they disobey the person they can't see or hear His voice?
Remember Adam and Eve were privileged to speak with God one on one!
smiley

Show me bible evidence not personal thoughts or feeling.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
[quote author=blueAgent [/quote] smh
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Were did I write that homosexuality , lesbianism is OK?

All the sin ever known to man is covered by the 10commandments.

Homosexuality, lesbianism, adultery all fall under thou shall not commit adultery.

It's as simple as that.

Liar.

No where did Jesus say his 2 laws are greater rather he equated them as been the same laws with that the prophets and the people had known.

Mark 12:29-31 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

smh who is the liar now.
Anyway I m done with you
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Understand me.

Christ died to save everyone of us from eternal death which Adam and Eve brought upon us.

We are all sinners from when we are born to when we take that decision to fellow christ.

What christ death did was to free us from that penalty of our past sins and that of Adam which we inherited its penalty been death.

And also to teach us how not to break the law.

I guess I'm more interested in Christ's life than the fact we ignorantly stupidly crucified him for which I seek forgiveness.

We'd probably have been taught a lot more if we hadn't.

1 Like

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2021
I asked series of questions in the write up, can you answer just one to prove you're truly for righteousness?

For example, God is destroying people who don't believe (trust) in Him.
So how do you reconcile that with the idea that God will spare those whose rebellion brought all of us into this situation? smiley

blueAgent:

Show me bible evidence not personal thoughts or feeling.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Myer(m): 6:52am On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

And that same Bible shows us that to love God is to keep his commandments (10commandments)

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jesus did not give a new commandments, rather his saying the commandments he is referring to has been there since the beginning and has been known by his audience.

2 John 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in .

I wish to know your interpretation of this verse.

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2021
The statement reads "as i have loved you, love, that you love one another"

The two laws Israelites knew and taught their children is love for God and for neighbours {Mark 12:28-34} the Jews were contemplating on the issue of who should be regarded as a neighbour so Jesus them told an unpalatable parable of a Samaritan who came to the rescue of a Jew. Luke 10:29-37
The Jews don't have dealings with Samaritans because this people only beleive in the first five books written by Moses so there has always been a dispute over this issue between the two nations. A Samaritan woman who recognized Jesus as a prophet still finds it difficult to agree that the Jews has been right all along! John 4:20:22
So with the parable of the good Samaritan Jesus emphasized that everyone living around you no matter what he or she believes is your neighbour.
But as regards the worshipers of the true God there should be a strong bond uniting them as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, so even though they love all their neighbours their love for individuals sharing the same line of thought with them is greater! Galatians 6:10

Jesus said "Love your neighbour as yourself" is what was written in the Mosaic laws, which means one should treat his neighbour the same way he will like to be treated! Matthew 7:12
But as for Christians Jesus gave us a new law "we must love our fellow believer exactly the same way Jesus loves us" which means a believer should be prepared to die (if the need arises) for his fellow believer! smiley

Myer:

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

1 Like

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by elated177: 9:49am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
why should I leave the writings of paul alone?

If you are finding them difficult to understand.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by elated177: 10:03am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
Surely people may twist it, get the word twist meaning to take it out of context meaning if the words of paul are placed in context it would be understood.

paul wrote deep things of the Christian faith, so unbelivers might twist it to condemn themselves.

Unstable and ignorant people distort to their destruction. Well, Paul wrote deep things concerning the Righteous Walk. I don't know about the Christian faith.

livingchrist:

Was Deuteronomy written to you? The only way the old testament can be understood is through the teachings of the new testament.

Mba, it was written to you. O di egwu! Before the new Scriptures came, the people of old understood the Laws and the Prophets.

livingchrist:

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

All the old testament from Gensis to Malachi are bearing witness of christ.
In the old testament it was the law that was their guide but that law was only pointing to Jesus.

Who is Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by elated177: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:

Mark 12:29-31 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

smh who is the liar now.
Anyway I m done with you

How is it that you don't know that those two are the summary of the Ten Commandments?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2021
Myer:

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

What is interpretation do you need ?

This is not a new commandments, as you may assume , do not be confused with the use of the word new.

New in the sense that Jesus told them to love each other as he has loved them .

Even a child will understand that this instruction to love one another is not different from the commandments to love God and to love ones neighbour which is same as one obeying the 10commandments.

Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Many verses prove that this instruction was not entirely new or a different command from the one the people knew.
Jesus only expanded or elaborated it using his love for his disciples as an example.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
2 John 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I asked series of questions in the write up, can you answer just one to prove you're truly for righteousness?

For example, God is destroying people who don't believe (trust) in Him.
So how do you reconcile that with the idea that God will spare those whose rebellion brought all of us into this situation? smiley

Even those people God will destroy were offered a 2nd chance which they refused to accept.

So also Adam and Eve have been offered a second chance through the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

I guess I'm more interested in Christ's life than the fact we ignorantly stupidly crucified him for which I seek forgiveness.

We'd probably have been taught a lot more if we hadn't.

Yeah.

I think his death was already destined to happen.
Weather we were involved or not, becos that was the only way to free us from the penalty of the law.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:

Clown, and your brain did not tell you that those 2commandments are the same as the 10commandments?

While the Bible itself doesn’t make these associations directly and explicitly, Paul comes close in Romans 13, where he connects the second greatest command to love your neighbor with four of the ten commandments, all of which come in the second group.

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

ROMANS 13:8–10
Paul mentions #7 (adultery), #6 (murder), #8 (stealing), #10 (covetousness) from the Ten Commandments and then includes a catchall “whatever other command there may be,” which no doubt includes #9 (lying) and perhaps #5 (honoring parents) and other more specific commands outside the Ten Commandments. Notably absent are any of the first four. He says this group of commandments “are summed up” (v. 9) in the command “Love your neighbor as yourself,” which is “the fulfillment of the law” (v. 10b; cf. v 8b).

So there’s some biblical basis for associating this second group of commands, which focus on how we treat others, with the second greatest commandment to love our neighbors. By extension, then, we could conclude that the first group of commands corresponds to the greatest command, to love God supremely, which fits the subject of these commandments.

smh who is the liar now.
Anyway I m done with you
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
Answer the question, and prove that I am lying

Go back to all my previous response.

I cannot waste my time to repeat something I have done over 5times.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:07am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
God writing the ten commandment with his finger is part of the glory of the old testament, he did it to glorify the law. Every other part of the law were extensions of the ten commanment, the ten commandment is like a summary of the over 614 laws.

Paul was specifically referring to the law written on the table of stones giving to moses.
The old covenant has passed away with all its laws, the new has come but however the new covenant open up the old testament and shows it's TRUE meaning however, Through the new covenant the law is fulfilled and established.

More crap.

If you had sense you would know that even in the new convenant the law still stands.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 11:10am On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Yeah.

I think his death was already destined to happen.
Weather we were involved or not, becos that was the only way to free us from the penalty of the law.

I don't think his death was already destined. And his death does not "free us from the penalty of the law" because the wages of sin is still death.

Christ's teachings are far more valuable to humans than Christ's death, or Herod would have just killed him as a baby and your sins would have been washed away as some believe, when the truth is, in order to sin no more you must learn from Christ and understand Christ's teaching and practise what Christ taught or you'd just go on sinning and sinning and sinning.

The text we read was written after the fact to justify what happened, and though some was written as prediction of that which would happen, it clearly wasn't and was a spin on what had happened in the past. Like propaganda, actually. To promote Christianity.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
so thou shall not commit adultery that paul called the law is ceremonial law? It was you that said the law paul was talking about was ceremonial law

Keep confusing yourself.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
Is it the ministration that was written on the two tablets of stones giving to moses or the ten commandments?

Exodus 34:29
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Can ministration be written in stone?

Do you have sense at all?

Ministration means Administration.

So that verse can be translated as,

But if the Administration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:16am On Jun 18, 2021
livingchrist:
Is it the ministration that was written on the two tablets of stones giving to moses or the ten commandments?

Exodus 34:29
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Can ministration be written on stone?

Do you have sense at all?

Ministration means Administration.

So that verse can be translated as,

But if the Administration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

If you had sense you would know that even in the new convenant the law still stands.
See? Even you say the law still stands, so the "penalty of the law" must stand too, and only by learning and understanding the teaching of Christ can one be free from breaking the law and thereby be free of the penalty of the law.

Basically, if I do not commit murder, the penalty for not committing murder can not apply to me, just as the penalty for not loving my enemies would not apply to me if I love my enemies.

And it is not the death of Jesus that would stop me committing murder or loving my enemies, but me accepting the teachings of Christ as my guiding Light.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building / See What Dunamis Pastor Dr Paul Enenche Said Would Happen In 2015 / 2017 Prophetic Warning To Worshipers At Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.