Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10628 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
Can you prove the bolded?

When, where and how did God gave people who deliberately did evil things second chance and how do we now reconcile that with His standard for justice? undecided

blueAgent:

Even those people God will destroy were offered a 2nd chance which they refused to accept.
So also Adam and Eve have been offered a second chance through the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

See? Even you say the law still stands, so the "penalty of the law" must stand too, and only by learning and understanding the teaching of Christ can one be free from breaking the law and thereby be free of the penalty of the law.

Basically, if I do not commit murder, the penalty for not committing murder can not apply to me, just as the penalty for not loving my enemies would not apply to me if I love my enemies.

And it is not the death of Jesus that would stop me committing murder or loving my enemies, but me accepting the teachings of Christ as my guiding Light.

You fail to understand something and that is the fact that Jesus died to save us from the penalty of the sin which we did not commit in the first place.
That of Adam and Eve, you and I was not their with them but their offense brought death on all humanity.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Secondly Christ death also covers our own personal sins, if we genuinely repent from them.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

The penalty for weather committing murder or fornication or stealing are all the same which is death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What makes us obey the law is not actually the death of Jesus, although through his death we receive power to live like him and obey the law.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When, where and how did God gave people who deliberately did evil things second chance and how do we now reconcile that with His standard for justice? undecided

Does God's justice erode his mercies?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Did Jesus give the adulterous woman a second chance or not?

John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

You fail to understand something and that is the fact that Jesus died to save us from the penalty of the sin which we did not commit in the first place.

No, blueAgent. It is not that I do not understand. I just have a different understanding to your own.

You see, for me, the wealth is in the fact that Jesus lived and taught a great deal that I find to be of immense value and benefit to me, and I wish he had lived longer and taught more so I can have a lot more to study and learn from. While for you, the wealth is in his dying.

It's like when Jesus is written to have said "some are blind, some are deaf, some are unclean, some are lame and to some is the Gospel preached", so do you get what you require and I too get what I require too, to each according to our need.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

See? Even you say the law still stands, so the "penalty of the law" must stand too, and only by learning and understanding the teaching of Christ can one be free from breaking the law and thereby be free of the penalty of the law.

Basically, if I do not commit murder, the penalty for not committing murder can not apply to me, just as the penalty for not loving my enemies would not apply to me if I love my enemies.

And it is not the death of Jesus that would stop me committing murder or loving my enemies, but me accepting the teachings of Christ as my guiding Light.

Yes the law and its penalty still stands what changed is the ministration of the law.

Instead of people been stoned to death immediately after breaking any of the law or presenting a lamb without blemish as a sacrificial offering for sin, people are now expected to look up to Jesus for forgiveness of sin.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

But those who died without repenting of their sins will face the penalty of breaking the law (which is sinning) the bible calls this the second death.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

No, blueAgent. It is not that I do not understand. I just have a different understanding to your own.

You see, for me, the wealth is in the fact that Jesus lived and taught a great deal that I find to be of immense value and benefit to me, and I wish he had lived longer and taught more so I can have a lot more to study and learn from. While for you, the wealth is in his dying.

It's like when Jesus is written to have said "some are blind, some are deaf, some are unclean, some are lame and to some is the Gospel preached", so do you get what you require and I too get what I require too, to each according to our need.

Do you think you would be saved or have eternal life if Jesus had not died?

Of what use if you learn everything from Jesus and still die and cannot have eternal life?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Did Jesus give the adulterous woman a second chance or not?

John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

You're complicating issues for yourself my friend! smiley

You and i know that whoever turn away from his sins will be forgiven but did Adam and Eve turn away?
And you dodged the real question: When, How, and Where did God give intentional wrongdoers a second chance after their death? Hebrews 9:27
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Instead of people been stoned to death immediately after breaking any of the law or presenting a lamb without blemish as a sacrificial offering for sin, people are now expected to look up to Jesus for forgiveness of sin.

You mix up two different groups of people. The breaker of the law is not the stoner, and if both do not learn from the teachings of Christ the law will be broken and the stoner will stone the breaker of the law.

We see this in Nigeria where we will burn thieves on our streets instead of applying the Wisdom of Christ of at least trying them in a court first and then punishing with mercy like throwing the guilty in jail for instance.

If we do not learn from Christ, we are bound to continue in our sinful barbaric nature of stoning and burning law breakers on our streets.

And by the way, that lamb in the old Testament represents the repented self. Ones lamb is not figuratively unblemished if one continues in one's sinful ways.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Do you think you would be saved or have eternal life if Jesus had not died?life?
Do I have eternal life? Will I even live till I'm 110 years old? Why would I be worrying about some future eternal life when the worry of today should be sufficient for day?

Jesus death does not save me from anything. His death does not stop me from killing you nor does his death stop me from insulting and being rude to you!

I am saved by learning the various lessons he taught me and by not committing the errors he taught me not to commit.

blueAgent:
Of what use if you learn everything from Jesus and still die and cannot have eternal life?
I will make you fishers of humans
Fishers of humans
Fishers of humans
If you follow me!

And I assure you he did not mean follow me and die!

The use of learning everything from Jesus is that while I live, greater things than Jesus did would I be empowered to do in my lifetime!

I must say though that since I am only human and can not possibly learn everything from Jesus, I am willing to settle for like 60-70% and perhaps do 50% of what he did. Yep, that would be immensely pleasing, I would think.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

Do I have eternal life? Will I even live till I'm 110 years old? Why would I be worrying about some future eternal life when the worry of today should be sufficient for day?

Jesus death does not save me from anything. His death does not stop me from killing you nor does his death stop me from insulting and being rude to you!

I am saved by learning the various lessons he taught me and by not committing the errors he taught me not to commit.

Fishers of humans
Fishers of humans
If you follow me!

The use of learning everything from Jesus is that while I live, greater things than Jesus did would I be empowered to do in my lifetime!

I must say though that since I am only human and can not possibly learn everything from Jesus, I am willing to settle for like 60-70% and perhaps do 50% of what he did. Yep, that would be immensely pleasing, I would think.

Do you believe that there would be life and death after this present one?

And that God would judge everyone?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

Fishers of humans
Fishers of humans
If you follow me!

Jesus is more concerned of your eternal salvation than whatever you claim to learn in this world.

The goal of Jesus coming is to give us eternal live not eternal learners.

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1 Timothy 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

The goal of Jesus is to save us from this destroying World, not to manage the World with our learning .

If Christ goal was just to teach us, he would have not died, he would have just visited the Earth and lived with humanity for as long as he desired why teaching you.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

You mix up two different groups of people. The breaker of the law is not the stoner, and if both do not learn from the teachings of Christ the law will be broken and the stoner will stone the breaker of the law.

We see this in Nigeria where we will burn thieves on our streets instead of applying the Wisdom of Christ of at least trying them in a court first and then punishing with mercy like throwing the guilty in jail for instance.

If we do not learn from Christ, we are bound to continue in our sinful barbaric nature of stoning and burning law breakers on our streets.

And by the way, that lamb in the old Testament represents the repented self. Ones lamb is not figuratively unblemished if one continues in one's sinful ways.

You are teaching an entire new gospel, to be precise your own gospel.

Christ was the same one who instructed them to stone breakers of the law.

Leviticus 24:23 And Moses spake to the children of Israel, that they should bring forth him that had cursed out of the camp, and stone him with stones. And the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.

Who are you to question him?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2021
budaatum:

Where would they have seen Christ and learnt from him in the old testament?

Even in the old testament they had a court that required 2 or more people to convict the offender.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're complicating issues for yourself my friend! smiley

You and i know that whoever turn away from his sins will be forgiven but did Adam and Eve turn away?
And you dodged the real question: When, How, and Where did God give intentional wrongdoers a second chance after their death? Hebrews 9:27

Where you in Heaven or garden of Eden?
How did you know Adam and Eve where not forgiven or did not seek for God's mercy.

You and your Church are only good at assumptions and false teachings

Give me evidence in the Bible not stories.

Which one is intentional wrong does?

Was David's sin intentional or not?

Was the Adulterous woman's sin intentional or not?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
This is not about my or your church, it's what everyone can use our own brains to decipher.

Adam and Eve had no reason whatsoever to rebel against God because they were perfect humans. Note that Adam never committed pedophilia with his daughters, this is because his brains were working perfectly. The only thing himself and the wife desperately want out of their life is God so they can begin setting standards for right and wrong in the midst of other humans (descendants) but before long they discovered that each child will also choose to do whatever pleases him! Genesis 4:5-8

But the rest of mankind were born and raised in sin so we don't possess any power to resist it completely like Adam and Eve.

However you keep dodging my question but i'll ask another this time simpler question.
After God has cursed the ground on account of Adam and Eve, and declared both of them dead which they later experienced, where did God speak with Adam or Eve again until their death? smiley

blueAgent:

Where you in Heaven or garden of Eden?
How did you know Adam and Eve where not forgiven or did not seek for God's mercy.
You and your Church are only good at assumptions and false teachings
Give me evidence in the Bible not stories.
Which one is intentional wrong does?
Was David's sin intentional or not?
Was the Adulterous woman's sin intentional or not?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Where would they have seen Christ and learnt from him in the old testament?

See the answer below

blueAgent:

Christ was the same one who instructed them to stone breakers of the law.

Leviticus 24:23 And Moses spake to the children of Israel, that they should bring forth him that had cursed out of the camp, and stone him with stones. And the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

You are teaching an entire new gospel, to be precise your own gospel.

Who are you to question him?
Who am I to question what I read in a book?

buda, of course. The one that Christ ordered to ask and knock and seek with all my heart and soul and mind and being.

I thought everyone is supposed to question, instead of just believing what they are told. Am I incorrect in asking God for understanding? If I do not question, how could I claim I understand. And if you have not questioned, how could you possibly have the same understanding as I who has questioned?

And no, not my own Gospel. For I buda is just not that smart as to invent my own Gospel. It is that which is given to me through the Holy Spirit when I question.

Blue, you say the death of Christ is the important bit, but even you must have learnt more from the life of Christ than you claim to have received from his death. Just check when you preach and you see what I mean. You'd find you preach the living Christ much more than Christ died on a cross.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 12:59am On Jun 19, 2021
blueAgent:

Jesus is more concerned of your eternal salvation than whatever you claim to learn in this world.

The goal of Jesus coming is to give us eternal live not eternal learners.

Eternal learners, lol. That's what I call church people. They stay in the same class year after year learning the same sermons year in year out, three Score and ten some well past hundred and then they die and we put them in a box and we bury and burn some and that's the very end of them as far as I know though I hear of eternal life.

Isn't there like learn, exam, pass, promotion, graduate and freedom from the school of perpetual slavery before Eternal Life that I don't even get till I die? What a convenient way to waste Christ's Blood that he shed for me so that I may first live very fruitfully on this Earth!

The goal of Jesus' coming and living and dying and nail on cross and go to hell and go to heaven and sit with God and send me the Holy Spirit and to make some people write the Gospel and all the work to get it in to the hands of buda so that buda too may read is to make buda do.

That's why I have three score and ten; may I live so long Lord please. Plenty work few workers, so buda can't be delighting in some far away eternal life when there is so much living to be done before me. I still have a few years left, I pray.

There must be others too whom Christ energises. It can not be only me!

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:42am On Jun 19, 2021
budaatum:

Eternal learners, lol. That's what I call church people. They stay in the same class year after year learning the same sermons year in year out, three Score and ten some well past hundred and then they die and we put them in a box and we bury and burn some and that's the very end of them as far as I know though I hear of eternal life.

Isn't there like learn, exam, pass, promotion, graduate and freedom from the school of perpetual slavery before Eternal Life that I don't even get till I die? What a convenient way to waste Christ's Blood that he shed for me so that I may first live very fruitfully on this Earth!

The goal of Jesus' coming and living and dying and nail on cross and go to hell and go to heaven and sit with God and send me the Holy Spirit and to make some people write the Gospel and all the work to get it in to the hands of buda so that buda too may read is to make buda do.

That's why I have three score and ten; may I live so long Lord please. Plenty work few workers, so buda can't be delighting in some far away eternal life when there is so much living to be done before me. I still have a few years left, I pray.

There must be others too whom Christ energises. It can not be only me!

It's your opinion.

What I know is that Christ's death has paved the way for anyone to have eternal life by them obeying and living by the commandments of God.

It is that simple.

The main goal of Christ dieing for humanity is to give us eternal life, Paul says that if all we have in this life is to be like Christ without the hope of resurrection and eternal life than we are most miserable among men.

1 Corinthians 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

There are millions who do not fellow Christ teachings and are very wealthy and comfortable on Earth, of what use is for them or anyone to learn to be like christ if the goal is just to learn christ teachings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:49am On Jun 19, 2021
budaatum:

Who am I to question what I read in a book?

buda, of course. The one that Christ ordered to ask and knock and seek with all my heart and soul and mind and being.

I thought everyone is supposed to question, instead of just believing what they are told. Am I incorrect in asking God for understanding? If I do not question, how could I claim I understand. And if you have not questioned, how could you possibly have the same understanding as I who has questioned?

And no, not my own Gospel. For I buda is just not that smart as to invent my own Gospel. It is that which is given to me through the Holy Spirit when I question.

Blue, you say the death of Christ is the important bit, but even you must have learnt more from the life of Christ than you claim to have received from his death. Just check when you preach and you see what I mean. You'd find you preach the living Christ much more than Christ died on a cross.

I preach his death more, becos that was what gave humanity salvation.

The truth is you do not understand God's just and Holy nature.

Like I said before you are preaching another gospel.

Budasim not christianity.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:50am On Jun 19, 2021
budaatum:

See the answer below

There is no answer there, you practically dodged to answer my question.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 2:37am On Jun 19, 2021
blueAgent:

I preach his death more, becos that was what gave humanity salvation.

The truth is you do not understand God's just and Holy nature.

Like I said before you are preaching another gospel.

Budasim not christianity.

If you say so blue.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 2:51am On Jun 19, 2021
blueAgent:

There is no answer there, you practically dodged to answer my question.

I did not dodge to answer your question, blue. You answered it yourself.

Question: Where would they have seen Christ and learnt from him in the old testament?

Answer: Christ was the same one who instructed them to stone breakers of the law.

But if you disagree, tell me a different answer please, because your answer as already given is the most correct answer as far as I understand it to be.

As it was in the beginning, so it is now....

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2021
budaatum:

I did not dodge to answer your question, blue. You answered it yourself.

Question: Where would they have seen Christ and learnt from him in the old testament?

Answer: Christ was the same one who instructed them to stone breakers of the law.

But if you disagree, tell me a different answer please, because your answer as already given is the most correct answer as far as I understand it to be.

As it was in the beginning, so it is now....

And they did just what Christ asked them to do.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
damocool:

You have a long way to go my brother, you only want to accept those verses of the scriptures that pamper you, you still wanna be a baby and the Fed with the milk and not the strong meal of the scriptures, and it's not good for ur Christian life. Thank God you cited the lot's wife verse urself, and you read that she and and her people were shown the way out and given instructions, but she couldn't.. Just like we are given the word today as well, and only the people that endue to the end would be saved, Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? You see the categories of spiritual state of man there? Believing alone is not enough my dear brother, see these verses, Christ himself made it clear here John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned... If once save forever saved is the real word.. Read psalm 51, and see the prayer of a righteous king David, the man after God's heart. The Bible say God is too holy to behold sin to the extent of forsaken his only son on the cross because he carried my sin and urs on the cross of cavalry and borne all for us, and you expect that same God to fixed his eyes on u, pampering while u live in a iniquity after u claimed to have known Christ? My brother it's not true, our salvation is eternal but conditional we either abide in him after which we declare for the him and do the will of the Father with the help of christ or we go backslide to our old life style which as well could lead to eternal damnation if will don't run back to the cross.. See these verses as well 2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. It's all depends us, God has done his part..
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
[quote author=budaatum post=102884996][/quote]

Please click and read.

Why christianity bis the best religeon and not buddhism.

https://www.nairaland.com/4746846/lets-find-out-true-religeon
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
blueAgent:

Please click and read.

Why christianity bis the best religeon and not buddhism.

https://www.nairaland.com/4746846/lets-find-out-true-religeon

No religion is the best religion since religions are all the understanding of the person practising it and not what you describe religions as being in the link you posted.

As Christ rightly said, and as is collaborated in the Quran, [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A4&version=NLT]those who read only one book will become malnourished[/url].

Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Deuteronomy 8:3

“If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind One People: but they will not cease to be diverse.” Sura Hood, verse 118

“O mankind! We created you from male and female and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily, the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is he who is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is fully informed.” Sura Hujurat, verse 13

Do note that Christianity specifically teaches one not to commit the sin of hubris that you are disobeying Christ to commit here.

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2021
budaatum:

No religion is the best religion since religions are all the understanding of the person practising it and not what you describe religions as being in the link you posted.

As Christ rightly said, and as is collaborated in the Quran, [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A4&version=NLT]those who read only one book will become malnourished[/url].

Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Deuteronomy 8:3

“If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind One People: but they will not cease to be diverse.” Sura Hood, verse 118

“O mankind! We created you from male and female and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily, the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is he who is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is fully informed.” Sura Hujurat, verse 13

Do note that Christianity specifically teaches one not to commit the sin of hubris that you are disobeying Christ to commit here.

That's a lie, all religeon cannot be true and cannot lead to God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
blueAgent:

And yet we are told that it is the unbelieving pagan Samaritan than you should emulate, and not the priest and the Levite.

Lord God Almighty. Empower us to open our eyes please in Jesus' Mighty Name.

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
blueAgent:

Regarding your "lead to God", I don't know if I should be troubled or concerned or both.

Religion is not about leading you to a god, but about leading you to an understanding of God that improves your relationship with your fellow human beings, the point being, when you understand God you would relate better with others.

That is why the two greatest commandments are love God and love each other - the intention being, the first enables you to accomplish the second; for inasmuch as you have done to those whom you see before you the God you see not is pleased with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

What Did Paul Mean When He Referred To The "Lawless One" Also As "Man Of Sin"? / The Crossover Themes / Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.