Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10449 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Myer(m): 9:58pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

The subject of dispute was on circumcision and other ceremonial laws and customs which the Jews demanded that the Gentiles must keep for them to be saved, but Paul told them that those things were not necessary but whether one was circumcised or not what was must important was keeping the law of God, Weather you are a jew or Gentiles .

1 Corinthians 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.

7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

This is interesting because it contradicts some of his other verses which I shared.

Hence another contradiction.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:06pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

You omitted the most important fact, that Satan has been sinning from the beginning.
And we know sin means transgression of God's law.

1 John 3:8
“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

Sin can only be defined by God's God's commandment not by feeling or spirit.

Do you have any evidence to prove that Jesus disobeyed God's commandments?

God's commandments says kill sinners, Jesus said sinner is not qualified to kill sinner but when God gave that order to Moses both the sinner and those asked to kill sinner were all sinners.
My friend, Jesus knew God's feelings and that's what he capitalized his own commandments on not the former laws! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Myer(m): 10:15pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

Give me one reason why God will abolish the law?

It is difficult for a religious mind to fathom that God could possibly give man liberty from the laws.

But this is one of the differences between the old and the new testament.
Read Roman's 8 and 14.

Not that the law is not good. But it is not what makes you righteous or not before God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

You keep twisting God's word.

Adam and Eve were perfect and sinned against God, and God has made a provision for their forgiveness through Christ ,so you are wrong.

Do you have scriptural backing for the highlighted? cheesy

Because Jesus has no power to redeem anybody who wasn't born in sin like Adam and Eve! Matthew 11:11
There is a type of sin Jesus' blood can't cleanse because it's not all sins that is forgivable! Matthew 12:31-32

As for Adam and Eve they are already in the LAKE OF FIRE (everlasting DEATH) Revelations 20:15 smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Do you have scriptural backing for the highlighted? cheesy

Because Jesus has no power to redeem anybody who wasn't born in sin like Adam and Eve! Matthew 11:11
There is a type of sin Jesus' blood can't cleanse because it's not all sins that is forgivable! Matthew 12:31-32

As for Adam and Eve they are already in the LAKE OF FIRE (everlasting DEATH) Revelations 20:15 smiley

This is the biggest heresy I have ever heard or seen.

Christ died for everyone , his blood is sufficient for everyone including Adam and Eve.

This is exemplified by God himself using skin to make cloth for Adam and Eve before they were casted out of Eden.

Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

No where is it written that Adam and Eve where casted into Hell .

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
Myer:

It is difficult for a religious mind to fathom that God could possibly give man liberty from the laws.

Read Roman's 8 and 14.

Not that the law is not good. But it is not what makes you righteous or not before God.

You lie.

You are only intrested in supporting your preconceived ideas not the truth or fact, if not have you asked yourself why there are several verses in the New testament that warns us to obey and keep the 10commandments.

Have you tried one day to rationalise or understand which law those verses are talking about.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Luke 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

God cannot free you from keeping the law becos it is not a burden and it is the way to life.
How would God keep something good and that leads to life from his children?

Proverbs 4:4
Then he taught me and said to me,
“Let your heart hold fast my words;
Keep my commandments and live

Proverbs 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. 7:3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

Nehemiah 9:29 And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in themwink and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.

Ezekiel 20:11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.

How can God abolish something that is good,Holy and just?

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
Myer:

Read Roman's 8 and 14.

How can you claim to be righteous with keeping the law.

Psalms 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psalms 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Psalms 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

You cannot hope for God's salvation without keeping his law.

Psalms 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psalms 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
Myer:

Read Roman's 8 and 14.

Is there any law in the 10commandments that talks about death?

The law(not the 10commandments , but the mosiac law) demands that anyone who violates the 10commandments, must be killed becos the wages of sin is death , and that's what Christ saved us from, the penalty of breaking God's law and not God's law itself.

You must understand that there were many laws in the Bible but the 10commandments were unique becos they were the only laws written by the finger of God and are the only laws that explicitly forbids sin.

So when you see law, you must understand the context in which the word law is been applied inorder to understand which law they are referring to.

The 10commandments written by God, explicitly reveals what sin is.

Laws written by Moses.

1 law that proscribed death on breakers of God's law.

2.Laws that deal with civil matters in Israel.

3. Laws to deal with sin,that's the scarifical laws and preisthood.

4. Laws dealing with feasts, food, Holidays Holy conventions this where the ceremonial laws.

I have broken them down for you.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

God's commandments says kill sinners, Jesus said sinner is not qualified to kill sinner but when God gave that order to Moses both the sinner and those asked to kill sinner were all sinners.
My friend, Jesus knew God's feelings and that's what he capitalized his own commandments on not the former laws! smiley

This is not relevant to what I posted.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
Myer:

This is interesting because it contradicts some of his other verses which I shared.

Hence another contradiction.

How is it a Contradiction?

From Paul or me?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
blueAgent:

This is the biggest heresy I have ever heard or seen. Christ died for everyone , his blood is sufficient for everyone including Adam and Eve. This is exemplified by God himself using skin to make cloth for Adam and Eve before they were casted out of Eden. Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. No where is it written that Adam and Eve where casted into Hell. 1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Sorry the ransom doesn't cover Adam and Eve! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2021
I believe you've gotten the gist but you're just arguing blindly! smiley

blueAgent:

This is not relevant to what I posted.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I believe you've gotten the gist but you're just arguing blindly! smiley

I did not get anything.

The command to kill sinners was given by God through Moses, and the purpose was to show the Israelites the penalty and evil nature of breaking God's law.
Now we are no longer subjected to such punishment becos of God's grace but we are still expected to obey all of God's commandments.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Faith or grace does not give us licence to break God's law.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Sorry the ransom doesn't cover Adam and Eve! smiley

You just say anything you like without Bible evidence.

I hope you know that God will not leave anyone who adds or remove from his word to go Scott free?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Myer(m): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
blueAgent:

You lie.

You are only intrested in supporting your preconceived ideas not the truth or fact, if not have you asked yourself why there are several verses in the New testament that warns us to obey and keep the 10commandments.

Have you tried one day to rationalise or understand which law those verses are talking about.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Luke 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

God cannot free you from keeping the law becos it is not a burden and it is the way to life.
How would God keep something good and that leads to life from his children?

Proverbs 4:4
Then he taught me and said to me,
“Let your heart hold fast my words;
Keep my commandments and live

Proverbs 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. 7:3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

Nehemiah 9:29 And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in themwink and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.

Ezekiel 20:11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.

How can God abolish something that is good,Holy and just?

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

You have shared very good verses to support your standpoint.
Just as I have shared verses that support my own standpoint.
But this one question I wish to learn from you.

Why would God send his only begotten Son (or arguable send Himself) to die for the sins of mankind just so that the status quo remains the same as the old covenant?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Myer(m): 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
blueAgent:

Is there any law in the 10commandments that talks about death?

The law(not the 10commandments , but the mosiac law) demands that anyone who violates the 10commandments, must be killed becos the wages of sin is death , and that's what Christ saved us from, the penalty of breaking God's law and not God's law itself.

You must understand that there were many laws in the Bible but the 10commandments were unique becos they were the only laws written by the finger of God and are the only laws that explicitly forbids sin.

So when you see law, you must understand the context in which the word law is been applied inorder to understand which law they are referring to.

The 10commandments written by God, explicitly reveals what sin is.

Laws written by Moses.

1 law that proscribed death on breakers of God's law.

2.Laws that deal with civil matters in Israel.

3. Laws to deal with sin,that's the scarifical laws and preisthood.

4. Laws dealing with feasts, food, Holidays Holy conventions this where the ceremonial laws.

I have broken them down for you.

How then did you come to the conclusion that it was only the 10 Commandments that were being referred to by Christ and not the over 600 laws?

Just the same way you concluded that all the other laws have been abolished, anyone else can conclude that the whole laws have been abolished.

Afterall tithing is not part of the 10 commandments yet it is one of the yardstick for judging believers in most churches. Some notable GO has even instructed his pastors to preach that non-tithers are going to hell fire.

I'm telling you just as apostle paul is telling us all, we are no longer bound by laws. (Colossians 2:16-17)
Afterall the sabath is among the 10 commandments yet it has been abolished even by Christ being Lord over Sabath and even John 4:21-24 confirms this.

However we do not use this as a reason to live lawlessly but the love of Christ constrains us to live right not according to any laws but by the law of the Spirit which is the new covenant.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
Myer:

How then did you come to the conclusion that it was only the 10 Commandments that were being referred to by Christ and not the over 600 laws?

Just the same way you concluded that all the other laws have been abolished, anyone else can conclude that the whole laws have been abolished.

Afterall tithing is not part of the 10 commandments yet it is one of the yardstick for judging believers in most churches. Some notable GO has even instructed his pastors to preach that non-tithers are going to hell fire.

I'm telling you just as apostle paul is telling us all, we are no longer bound by laws. (Colossians 2:16-17)
Afterall the sabath is among the 10 commandments yet it has been abolished even by Christ being Lord over Sabath and even John 4:21-24 confirms this.

However we do not use this as a reason to live lawlessly but the love of Christ constrains us to live right not according to any laws but by the law of the Spirit which is the new covenant.

That's where using your sense and reading in context comes into play.

How can you conclude that the whole law have been abolished when you have several new testament bible verses commanding you to obey,establish,keep,teach the law?

Who told you tithing is not part of the 10commandments?

If you love God will you withhold your money ,resources from the Advancements of his work?

Do you think it is only Carved wood that can be an idol?

A man's money, time ,family or resources which we don't use to the glory of God is an idol,hence the sin of idolatry.

That same Paul still told you that to be circumcised or not, is not important but to keep the commandments of God.

You only choose the one convenient for you without looking at what other Bible verses are saying.

You lie.

Christ never abolished the sabbath day, rather he fully observed it. Paul,Mary,all the disciples and even Gentiles all kept the sabbath.

If I call myself Lord of gambling does it mean I have ended all gambling?

Rather it means, am the one that oversees all gambling activities
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
Myer:

Why would God send his only begotten Son (or arguable send Himself) to die for the sins of mankind just so that the status quo remains the same as the old covenant?

Good question.

I wrote an article on it.

Please click and read.

https://www.nairaland.com/5624496/law-god-law-medes-persians

https://www.nairaland.com/5520177/man-satan-immortality

We are all here to learn, not to win arguments, please read with an open mind.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
Myer:

Read Roman's 8 and 14.
Interesting view you have of God's Law. God, who never changes,
has always been a God of Laws and it is such that there is nothing you can obtain from God without first submittng to and obeying His Law - work for you to do. undecided

Let's take a look at salvation(be saved), the one you claim to have received by "grace" through Jesus Christ. According to Jesus Christ, this during His conversation with Nicodemus, there is work to be done in order to obtain salvation. In John 3 vs 1 -21, Jesus Christ explained that in order to enter into the Kingdom of God( Heaven has 2 domains - Heaven and Hell), you have to be born again and be saved(salvation).

BORN-AGAIN
* Change your heart and life to following God's commandments
* Be baptized in water to show that you have changed your heart and life - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11
* Be born of Spirit(note that Spirit here does not entail Spirit of God)

SALVATION
* Believe in Jesus Christ, the New Covenant who is Law in the Kingdom of God
* Eat the body and drink the blood of Jesus Christ to gain eternal life - John 6 vs 31- 40 - the token obtained of salvation from the condemnation of sin(Death)

All the above works(rules/laws/terms) listed are works that are to be satisfied in order to enter into the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate which leads to true life. All those who do not meet the requirement enter into the Kingdom of God through the broad gate instead - Matthew 7 vs 13 vs 14

Sure, no man, of his own can save his/her self, and tha is why God gave us Jesus Christ so that through Him we can be saved. And as you can see above, that salvation demands obedience(works) in order for it to be obtained from Jesus Christ, the one who offers it to you. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
Myer:

Abeg also click and read.

https://www.nairaland.com/3481406/did-god-kill-jesus
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2021
Myer:

I have been troubled to write this simple answer to your question to compliment the links I sent you.

Understanding the significance of Christ death.

Let me answer your question in a short and simple way.

Many Christians misunderstand the purpose and significance of Christ death.

Must Christ die inorder to save man?
Since God can do all things why did God allow his son to die when he has all power?

Objectives of Christ death.

1. It showed that God's law cannot be changed.
It demonstrates that God is just and Holy.
3. it demonstrated God's love for mankind.
4. It demonstrated God's mercy.

Purpose of Christ death
1. Christ death was the only way to free man from the penalty of sin which is death ,while meeting/ fulfilling the demands of the law, Without abolishing it(Law)

Note since God cannot change or abolish the law inorder to free man from its penalty, the only solution was for Christ to die in our place.

2. Christ death revealed to the entire inhabitants of the Universe God's love for man,while also demonstrating his just,Holy and uncompromising nature.

3. It justified us before God, by imputing Christ's righteousness on us.
Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Benefits of Christ death to Us(MAN)
1. Eternal life.
Christ death provides man with the opportunity or gift of having.
immortality

Note Man lost his access to immortality in the garden of Eden,when Adam and Eve disobeyed God, God chased them out of Eden and restricted their access to the key to immortality (which is the tree of life).

Christ death made it possible for man to receive power through the indwelling power of the Holyspirit to enable us obey God's commandments and to live righteously

3. It delivered Man from enslavement to sin, poverty, diseases, War,death,Calamities,

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Adam and Eve(Man) through their disobedience to God's commandments became slaves to sin.
Man now had knowledge of good and bad, but did not have the power to choose the right thing.

Established Facts you need to understand.

God has laws that govern his kingdom and breaking that laws has a penalty which is death.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Hebrews 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

2. God had the following options.

A.)Abolish or change both laws inorder to free man from its penalty.
When I say both Laws, I mean the law that was broken and the law that prescribes the punishment for breaking a law.

B.)Another option was for God to leave man to his fate( Enslaved to sin,pain,war, death,misery e.t.c),without intervening or abolishing his law.

C.)The other option was for someone who has life inherently and without sin to die in place of man.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Obviously this were the only options.

All the options had implications and outcomes.
If God has chosen options A, it would have lead to chaos,mutiny and disharmony in the universe, No one(Angel's and other inhabitants of the universe) would have taken God's word,law, government serious.God would have lost his prestige and honour before all the inhabitants of the Universe.

Secondly God cannot change or go contrary to his nature or character of been Just,Holy and merciful.

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

2nd Option would have condemned man(humanity) to a perpetual condition of Sin,War,misery,poverty, death and all the consequence of living outside the glory of God.
Imagine living in this condition for eternity.
Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

The 3rd option satisfied 2 important requirements which are freeing man from the death penalty and upholding God's law, but it came with high risk but it was one God had to take becos of his love for man.

In Conclusion.

God in his mercy has done what was best for all, he gave his (beloved son) just to save you,me and humanity.

You can see why Jesus had to die not becos God took delight in the death of his son but becos there was no other option available.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Keep deceiving Yourself.

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Please explain th above verses

God did not declare Abraham righteousness because of his works, Abraham has nothing to boast of before God.
The works james is talking about are works of faith.
Abraham was not doing works to justify himself rather Abraham was living as a justified man.
Working to be justified and walking as a justified man are two different things.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Why did the people of Nineveh turn from their evil ways, does it mean their faith alone could not save them?
which work did they do?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Really.

Murderers, prostitutes, gays,drunkards,occultists all have faith in Jesus they all pray and gave alms.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Does it mean Jesus will reward people according to their works not faith?

@ bolded explain what faith in Christ mean, it seems you have no idea of what it mean
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Clown.

Of course Jesus and Paul said Love is the keeping of the 10commandments.

Something I have proved over and over.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Here is Jesus saying the law is the 10commandments.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Either you are blind or you don't have sense to comprehend that Love means to keep the 10commandments with all this evidence I have given.
why did the ten commanment not justify that man even though he has being keeping it from his youth?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Apostles james says to love is to fufill the Royal law.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

So what is the Royal law?

2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

It's obvious the Royal law spoken by James as fulfillment of Love is the 10commandments.
James did not say love is to fulfill the royal law but that the royal law is love itself.
Jesus told you that the whole law and prophet rest on love.
Matthew 22:40
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Apostles James also told us to obey and do the 10commandments which he calls the law of liberty.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

And the law of liberty is no doubt the 10commandments.

Here is the evidence.

James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Am sure i have given enough evidence to expose your Naviety.

The law of liberty is love, that is the royal law on which the ten commandments rest on.

Galatians 5:13
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

We are to obey and keep the 10commandments so says, Apostles James and Paul.

James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Paul.
Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Imagine none of them mentioned faith, Paul even said to be justified by God we should be doers and not just hearers of the law.
see how confused you are
If the ten commandment can justify you why do you need christ?
The same paul told you that no flesh can be justified through the law.

Not even Abraham was justified by his works.

Romans 4:2
For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

You claim all we need is faith, but you lie, becos we will be judged by the 10commandments also called the law of liberty, hence we are advised to keep them.

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

James 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

If there is no law or we are no longer expected to obey it, why are we then going to be judged by it?
where did I tell you there is no law?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Mr faith.

Apostles James you are deceiving yourself.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Mr works, with faith you cant please God.
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

You have be saying all we need is faith, but the irony is that faith must always lead to obidence to God's law.

If Adam and Eve had faith in God, and that his commandment to them was true and for their own benefit, they would have obeyed God's command not to eat from the forbidden tree.

Faith does not lead to lawlessness rather it leads to obidence.

Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink

Here Paul is saying when we have the Law of God written in our hearts it produces fruits, with our conscience bearing witness.

yea faith lead to the obedience of the law but which law the law of works or the law of faith?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

You are now pretending you do not understand me.

I slept with 3 beautiful sexy ladies yesterday, and I know I have faith so am righteous.

Is it true or not that am righteous?

what you dont know is that even to lust after a woman is adultery now ask yourself if you are not condemned by the law already?
It is that same law you rely on to justify you that condemn you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Happy Happy Birthday To Bishop, Dr. David O, Oyedepo / Amazing 2012 Christmas Photos From Around The Globe. / Penam Percy Paul Glory Song Series: Which One Is Your Favourite Album And Track.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.