Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Southwest Rocks! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest Rocks! (7646 Views)

PDP Chair: Sheriff Intensifies Lobby As Southwest Group Threatens Defection / Explosion Rocks Idimu, Lagos (photos) / Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest Rocks! by Gbawe: 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2011
asorocker:

The biggest loosers in this election is the core  north  who finally capitulated to the nee ruling alliance of SS, SE and MB .
The core north is no more a political super power and they are not an economic force.
If they confinue their bombing , they will shrink to a pariah state.

The biggest beneficiary is the SS who by providence are now emerging Nigerias Economic, political and military (militant power). Depending on how deft they are in the driving seat of Aso rock will determine how they will maneuver 2015 .
The SS has 5 international airports, the new petroleum/ gas empire will be built in the SS.

The truth about the MB is that this is their opportunity to free themselves from the yoke of the core north politically and economically.
If they can leverage on their support of GEJ they can finally break the bonds of Ahmadu bello.

I don't really know where to place the SE because igbos are both in SE and SS but depending on their bargaining power they might emerge as a new power block now that the core north is deflated. The east has to go to the drawing board now that ovation is loudest.

For the SW, really it is premature to start throwing party when you are now under emperror Tinubu. You are now a regional empire. No longer in the national power circle. Lagos your economic hub is gradually being over taken by SS ( the 5 stars of niger delta, bayelsa, rivers , delta, A ibom whose GDP surpasses all of SW).
You are back to where you were in 1960 and 1979 where really can that take you.

Please dont start taking panadol for our headache . Your ridiculous analysis does not take into account how Nigeria is changing. Has the voting you have seen not shown you anything? Are people like you somehow suggesting , archaically , that not falling in line with the ruling Party is now a disadvantage when it is folks like you , on another day, who will happily and vacuously talk about "true federalism" which "frees us from the wicked centre" that only works for the privileged few ?  

Believe me dude , what the SW has shown is a new model of Governance , even if beyond your comprehension now, that is the best way forward , undoubtedly , for Nigeria. Perhaps in 4 years time , after avoidable misrule,  some of you will be wiser about the way forward .
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2011
Moving over from the things I've said on this thread, having a one party region is not always a good thing, especially a party that has a emperor-like figure. Apart from that, I think the South west will be okay, but I don't think it's time to start wearing uniform for celebrations.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
ezeagu:

Moving over from the things I've said on this thread, having a one party region is not always a good thing, especially a party that has a emperor-like figure. Apart from that, I think the South west will be okay, but I don't think it's time to start wearing uniform for celebrations.
Yea, it's better to have different party scattered around. APGA, ACN, PDP etc.

LP is still in Ondo, PDP still won some seat. Anything else bothering you?
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2011
There's no south east zone or south west zone in Nigeria's official governance so having different parties leading in the geopolitical zones doesn't make a difference to individual states. It's better to vote for people that perform, Amaechi and Chime are PDP, but with Fashola, they are the best governors in Nigeria. The people on this thread seem to think that ACN is a 'Yoruba' party, so therefore ACN will magically perform or somehow having all the south west under ACN will make the south west grow roads, but I'm not sure Nigeria works that way. The south west is voting for broom, and the south east is voting for candidates.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2011
ezeagu:

There's no south east zone or south west zone in Nigeria's official governance so having different parties leading in the geopolitical zones doesn't make a difference to individual states. It's better to vote for people that perform, Amaechi and Chime are PDP, but with Fashola, they are the best governors in Nigeria. The people on this thread seem to think that ACN is a 'Yoruba' party, so therefore ACN will magically perform or somehow having all the south west under ACN will make the south west grow roads, but I'm not sure Nigeria works that way. The south west is voting for broom, and the south east is voting for candidates.

Everybody is rejoicing because their better candidate was an ACN candidate. Only the likes of you see ACN as a Yoruba party. Is ACN not in the SE or the SS?

The same reason SE was crying for APGA. . . . better candidate, renewed hope. You get?!

Anymore reason?
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
"Only the like of you see ACN as Yoruba" grin.Who in the south east was crying for APGA? I agree that in some states the best choice they could do was to choose someone from the next party from PDP, which is why in Imo they want APGA, but apart from that the south east mainly focuses on the candidates.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2011
ezeagu:

"Only the like of you see ACN as Yoruba" grin.Who in the south east was crying for APGA? I agree that in some states the best choice they could do was to choose someone from the next party from PDP, which is why in Imo they want APGA, but apart from that the south east mainly focuses on the candidates.

After the elction of April 9th. The Igbo were lamenting the overwhelming victory of PDP and some ACN in their region.
"So who is now the voice of the SE" "SW has one voice" etc.

SW wanted ACN, they got it. SE wanted APGA, they didnt get it. They settled for PDP and ACN.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Kilode1: 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2011
[size=19pt]ACN, chop knuckle![/size]

[img]http://thejourneyback.files./2009/05/internet_fist_bump.png%3Fw%3D450%26h%3D342&imgref[/img]
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Gbawe: 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2011
Kilode?!:

[size=19pt]PDP, chop knuckle![/size]

[img]http://thejourneyback.files./2009/05/internet_fist_bump.png%3Fw%3D450%26h%3D342&imgref[/img]

I don amend am correctly for you  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Kilode1: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2011
^^Hahaha, I was giving them a fist bump ni.

Anyway it also means PDP chop Punch, to their guts cheesy
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

After the elction of April 9th. The Igbo were lamenting the overwhelming victory of PDP and some ACN in their region.
"So who is now the voice of the SE"  "SW has one voice" etc.

SW wanted ACN, they got it. SE wanted APGA, they didnt get it. They settled for PDP and ACN.

You're telling me that the whole of the south east wanted APGA, in place of a governor like Chime? If voting for someone like Chime is settling, then that's a good settle, because as far as I can see this 'one voice' talk doesn't make a difference as to what individual states should be doing to pick up their slack, in fact it may even make some poorly performing governors hide under the party and nobody will say anything because of "one voice". Again, there's no such thing as regions in Nigeria any more, every state is for itself.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Chyz2: 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

"So who is now the voice of the SE" "SW has one voice" etc.

I laugh at your statements because they make no sense whatsoever. What state in the SE has an ACN gov? Chime is in PDP, we wanted him,we got him. We(Igbo) wanted Amaechi,we got him. PDP was never our problem.May have been your problems but not ours. Promoting an Igbo political party together would have been ok ,but its not really needed. Maybe you have been blinded by your own ignorance, regardless off our governors party affiliations, they always have SE governors meetings. It's something that is constantly in the newspapers. Did the SW governors do that? uh-uh, no. Unity is something we already have. So we spoke with ONE voice and are still speaking with ONE voice. Mind your own and worry about your own people.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
ezeagu:

Instead of going in circle jerks, Can you show us one PDP candidate in the SW that was better than the ACN candidate but didnt win

Dosunmu vs fashola

Olurin vs Amosun

Akala vs Ajimobi

Just one
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2011
Chyz*:

I laugh at your statements because they make no sense whatsoever. What state in the SE has an ACN gov? Chime is in PDP, we wanted him,we got him. We(Igbo) wanted Amaechi,we got him. PDP was never our problem.May have been your problems but not ours. Promoting an Igbo political party together would have been ok ,but its not really needed. Maybe you have been blinded by your own ignorance, regardless off our governors party affiliations, they always have SE governors meetings. It's something that is constantly in the newspapers. Did the SW governors do that? uh-uh, no. Unity is something we already have. So we spoke with ONE voice and are still speaking with ONE voice. Mind your own and worry about your own people.

Instead of writing without thinking, you should have read his post.
He assumed that it was a tragedy that SW is a one party region. Nobody is talking about Gov. or representatives.
Does SW not have PDP, ACN, and LP?

If I was you, I'd be more concerned about the inconclusive result, violence and rigging going on in the SE region.

If you guys are hurting so bad, why not simply log off and let us "laff" hmm? Se ko si?
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2011
I'll brb to ask answer any more hate-related questions una get for SW.

Me, I dey go celebrate.

Gotta bounce!! cheesy
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Kilode1: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2011
DK leave them dem.

Won fete sile won fe maa Pa lapalapa  undecided
Re: Southwest Rocks! by zstranger: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2011
Congratulations to the Yorubas,I salute the courage and independece of judgement of the Yorubas.That the Yorubas are the most political savvy and sophisticated of all the tribes in Nigeria is an understatement,Papa Awolowo will also be celebrating with his people at the other side.I hope that Ndigbo will wake up from their deep slumber,and liberate themselves from the cursed PDP
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2011
dayokanu:

Instead of going in circle jerks, Can you show us one PDP candidate in the SW that was better than the ACN candidate but didnt win

Dosunmu vs fashola

Olurin vs Amosun

Akala vs Ajimobi

Just one

Why don't you just stay consistent, wow if this is how Yoruba ACN will practice their politics, okay I'm joking. The point here is that I'm addressing people who think their taunting the south east or they've 'won one over' somehow by having one party over all their independent Nigerian states.

Ileke-IdI:

He assumed that it was a tragedy that SW is a one party region. Nobody is talking about Gov. or representatives.

If I was you, I'd be more concerned about the inconclusive result, violence and rigging going on in the SE region.

If you guys are hurting so bad, why not simply log off and let us "laff" hmm? Se ko si?

If you don't know how to paraphrase, please quote me directly, don't make stuff up. It's really a shame that the only way for you to be happy is if you have an idea that the south east is somehow suffering, with that said, please don't think that I'm upset over it.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2011
zstranger:

Congratulations to the Yorubas,I salute the courage and independece of judgement of the Yorubas.That the Yorubas are the most political savvy and sophisticated of all the tribes in Nigeria is an understatement,Papa Awolowo will also be celebrating with his people at the other side.I hope that Ndigbo will wake up from their deep slumber,and liberate themselves from the cursed PDP

As long as there's Chime and Amechi, again, what is there to liberate from? And Yoruba is a "tribe"?
Re: Southwest Rocks! by dayokanu(m): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2011
So you wont show us an instance where SW voted party over personality?

I gave you the 3 contests in the SW now show us anyone who won that was not better than the opponent

Moreover I can see the votes for personality in Imo where Ohakim's personality, Orjis personality won ppl over
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2011
dayokanu:

So you wont show us an instance where SW voted party over personality?

I gave you the 3 contests in the SW now show us anyone who won that was not better than the opponent

Moreover I can see the votes for personality in Imo where Ohakim's personality, Orjis personality won ppl over

Okay, you see, the fact is is that I'm not really bothered, just stop with all the nonsense comments and petty remarks, and the replies will stop. And Ohakim has won Imo? Who was challenging Orji?
Re: Southwest Rocks! by seanet02: 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
Only God knows the type of brain some bigots used to compare Fashola with Amaechi? Somebody have the highest numbers of civil service, the highest number of teachers , the highest numbers of Doctors even more than Federal government, the highest number of Secondary schools, the highest number of Primary Schools, the biggest infrastructural needs coupled with the highest cost of living in Africa yet was given just $3 billion with a state that has less than a quater of its population with less civil service, less infrastructural needs yet the former is the highest payer of labour in the country paying more than the federal government which has not start paying the new minimum wage yet Lagos is still rated the best. I tell you it sucks to be ibo.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by ezeagu(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2011
seanet02:

Only God knows the type of brain some bigots used to compare Fashola with Amaechi? Somebody have the highest numbers of civil service, the highest number of teachers , the highest numbers of Doctors even more than Federal government, the highest number of Secondary schools, the highest number of Primary Schools, the biggest infrastructural needs coupled with the highest cost of living in Africa yet was given just $3 billion with a state that has less than a quater of its population with less civil service, less infrastructural needs yet the former is the highest payer of labour in the country paying more than the federal government which has not start paying the new minimum wage yet Lagos is still rated the best. I tell you it sucks to be ibo.

I really didn't understand this trash. Can you write it out again?
Re: Southwest Rocks! by seanet02: 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2011
You can't understand! Ibos don't understand simple sentences.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Chyz2: 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And still, with only a few lines, you seem to not make sense. SW, a one party region? I guess Mimko is no longer in LP. But hold up you went from a "one party region" to " does the SW not have PDP,ACN, and LP".Which is it? I'm lost. So where is the whole "one party region" coming from again?
Re: Southwest Rocks! by zstranger: 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2011
Chyz*:

And still, with only a few lines, you seem to not make sense. SW, a one party region? I guess Mimko is no longer in LP. But hold up you went from a "one party region" to " does the SW not have PDP,ACN, and LP".Which is it? I'm lost. So where is the whole "one party region" coming from again?

LP = ACN

Ode!
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Chyz2: 10:48pm On Apr 27, 2011
zstranger:

LP = ACN

Ode!

your comment = stupid1. Ode burukuku
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 27, 2011
Chyz*:

This dumbazz is sad!!

Aint that what I've been saying when your brother claimed that it's bad for a region (SW) to be one party? Read up, it's one of your dumbness that said SW was a one region party.
Re: Southwest Rocks! by zstranger: 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2011
Chyz*:

your comment = stupid1. Ode burukuku

I am sorry you feel the way you feel.
It is obvious you wish Alaigbo went the way of the SW .The  Image you see in the SW today Vs. the SE is a contrast between good and Evil (Alaigbo), maturity and stupidity (Alaigbo), and of bright future versus a bleak one( Alaigbo). Tinubu, having completed his primary mission, is now well on his way to liberate other regions, hopefully starting with yours in the SE.  The image you now see, was started long time ago, with the broader aim of providing welfare and succour to the people of the SW. Quite by accident, the ACN has captured a strategic senatorial seat in one of the most sought after senatorial districts in the country. I can authoritatively tell you that, bemused as you may be, dumbfounded and clueless as Ojukwu may have become over the past few months,  Pa Awo, the great Ikenne Sage, would be quite moved by the changing political landscape of the SW, brought on by the result of the just concluded elections.

We succeeded in taking our land back, and, if you look at it deeply, we did a damn good job, showing determination, perseverance and collective belief in our manifest destiny in the process. That's the story for now. That's what we've always wanted. To be in charge of our destiny. On this success, everyone in the SW, every human being in 'Odualand,' is happy with this new status. T[i]he aggregate of all our sacrifices and sufferings[/i], the yearnings of  hundreds of human rights advocates, dead or alive,  of progressive ideologists and divergent developmental  POVS over the years, every fighter and dissenter of past tyrannical governments, home and abroad, every 'Oba' and 'Ijoye', every forward  thinking Yorubaman, every hopeful Yorubachild, every Yoruba-mother and father, every farmer and carpenter, every custodian of the Yoruba culture, every politician, every Yoruba-wood actor, every pastor, Imam and traditionalists in the SW, have culminated in this success. We can now look forward to a brighter tomorrow, TOGETHER AS ONE . This is what you wish you could have; hence your childish tantrums on this thread.

Now if you are not happy with our new found success, please, by all means, go ahead with your transformer hugging festival, along with your ibo relatives of course. Let no Ibo man be left behind in that show of courage okay grin
Re: Southwest Rocks! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2011
stranger - omo oko ni e o. Well done!!!
Re: Southwest Rocks! by seanet02: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2011
@stranger kare jare. Eru ni iran ibo ma seku laye won. Awon were aje stone ma drink omi. Sucks to be ibo for real
Re: Southwest Rocks! by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Apr 27, 2011
Akinrogun

Won ni omo ale ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba re. Omo oko ni o.

Ma da won lohun, Won fe tan ina wa oro ni, Omo osan ni o ma n mu kondo ba iya re

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence / The Woman Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Is ALIVE!! / Ondo Assembly Sacks 18 LG Council Bosses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.