Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? (44655 Views)

Funny Thing Your Spouse Did While You Were Quarreling That Got You Laughing / What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by adolfHitler1934: 9:36pm On May 17, 2021
post=101791348:
Luckily for us, all our neighbours are good people.
We are lucky in that aspect.
Dem MANNA Neighbours : Shout out y'all!kiss
In that slum that you live.

Abeg go siddon for gutter.

14 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by dotun365: 9:37pm On May 17, 2021
This just requries more communication than any of you wants to have.
chatinent:
Mine: Being in good terms with one's neighbour is good.

Sometimes, people will only change when you show them you have principles.

Man'll be the last to come back late and leave the gate unlocked, only to lock his door. Mehn.

I'll always have to go and lock it..even when he knows my apartment has its separate gate from the main. It began to make me feel if man taught I was being paid to lock the gate.

Irritating mehn.

Wanted to talk to him but had to let it slide. It's a trivial issue though.

How about you?

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by 2gbasky22(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2021
Seems I'm the bad neighbour ... Lol

I play loud music everyday. And I've spent barely 3 months in the compound.

But na self con sha... We may not see each other for daaaayyys

5 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by Frales6(f): 9:38pm On May 17, 2021
My neighbor said he's a pastor ooo but every time guy man go dey drink schnapps, he opened one church like that where he uses water spirit to cure sicknesses. he will carry his clients and come to the compound, lighting incense and breaking oil, both eggs. after praying for his client he will light incense and me don't like the smell because some times he will keep it outside. I just tire for am.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by Realhommie(m): 9:39pm On May 17, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Probably they think you are the agent of the devil. I am like you, i don't like noise or repetitive sounds.

You have said it all. After the meeting i felt really bad for them because things are somehow atm. It was never my intention to get them evicted, I only wanted them cautioned because it had become unbecoming since they were being adamant and unreasonable.

So i had a chat with the man who is an elder to me and i called him senior bros. Told him it wasn't my intention to get them evicted and stuff. He said i was merely preaching, that that's medicine after death because the decision of the landlady was fueled by our ( myself and the other neighbor) actions, lol. And he went on to say many other things and it became very glaring that he lacked education, exposure and understanding.

Bros i just lock up. Such kinda people will hardly change for good. I resolved Never to bother about their incessant night prayers and loud singing anymore, make dem enjoy.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by emmyN(m): 9:39pm On May 17, 2021
Missyajoke:

I paid for the room with

It's a joint ownership? Then you know what to do. Always be assertive and quick to voice out your objections. Never make unnecessary compromise. Your not being comfortable being around strangers is a result of your introversion. You are shy and timid; shake it off. But telling you that your presence is disturbing her guest in any way is a no no; tell her off!

6 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:40pm On May 17, 2021
Caaz:
Mine is a witch...she lives in the next compound...as early as 4 a.m she's up laying curses over trivial sontin.

your own better, don't pray to have a neighbor him and the children will decorate the environment with shit. That's most brutal neighbor I got, they've refused to dig septic tank,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by Christmasdon(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2021
uboma:
A neighbor is fond of accelerating his car so hard all in the name of 'warming his car' every morning for at least 20mins. The noise and air pollution that results from his action worries me greatly.

Another one is fond of praying out loud like his god is deaf, won't hear his supplication if uttered silently. This same neighbor, at the beginning of every month at very early hours say 4:30am, disturbs my peace by singing out loud in praises to God for seeing him through a new month.....
. Maybe u have issues with someone pray. me i don't have any issue with any man/woman. Love it rather.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:45pm On May 17, 2021
The best thing is to ignore such people, but that noise eh can be irritating, its has phycological effect for some people, when they hear noises they get distracted and agitated, some type of sounds stress me, especially when the people has a voice that sounds very thin and depressing. I think Sounds with high pitch are used by American police to irritate crowds of angry protesters or violent protesters, Sounds have effect on people, in my case i think people with thin voice and a high pitch.

Sound can be used in interrogations, by continuously irritating the people under interrogation.

This is why i prefer not to be distracted continuously by some sounds, because i want to remain intact in my thinking and in perception, not drained of focus.

This is why i don't like Nigerian movies when its in high volume, because most of the time the sound of crying are high pitched and thin. I think Now a days, they have stopped this depressing sounds.

Worst sounds that make me crack are mosquitoes, and buzzing flies.

Realhommie:
You have said it all. After the meeting i felt really bad for them because things are somehow atm. It was never my intention to get them evicted, I only wanted them cautioned because it had become unbecoming since they were being adamant and unreasonable.

So i had a chat with the man who is an elder to me and i called him senior bros. Told him it wasn't my intention to get them evicted and stuff. He said i was merely preaching, that that's medicine after death because the decision of the landlady was fueled by our ( myself and the other neighbor) actions, lol. And he went on to say many other things and it became very glaring that he lacked education, exposure and understanding.

Bros i just lock up. Such kinda people will hardly change for good. I resolved Never to bother about their incessant night prayers and loud singing anymore, make dem enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by teemac01(m): 9:46pm On May 17, 2021
carry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:47pm On May 17, 2021
I used to live next to a cemetery. I have neighbor who trains wall geckos and it's crazy. My neighbor complains that I stay out too late at night especially during full moon. Well, both of us are weirdos. So no no long thing! grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by NoToPile: 9:48pm On May 17, 2021
Never had too much wahala neighbors

1st apartment - block of flats , nobody has time for each other , we pay our dues to iyawo landlord Till we moved out.

2nd apartment -

only us in the compound, very quiett street. you we didn't even know our neighbors till lockdown that all the men started coming out for security.

But the compound behind us, they will always bang the gate by 1am, when everybody is sleeping everyday and their own neighbors will lock the gate maybe for security reasons, he won't even make attempt to call on phone and start banging gate middle of the night disturbing 2 streets.
Then one day kasala burst at 1am see fight between the night crawler and his neighbors since then no knocking at 1am again

There's a lime tree at our backyard that spills over to theirs, they will throw stuffs at the tree, do orishirishi, send their children to try and climb fence to pluck lime, okay pluck if you want to since the tree spils over to your compund, dont throw stuffs or climb fence lailai they must throw sticks.

I planted ugu and these peeps sent their children to use a ladder climb up and drag ugu to their compound, never seen this kain people before. The most annoying part is I don't even know these neighbors face to face.

The compound beside us to the left every 10pm one of the 6flats there pray, they actually use a gong during praise and worship that one town crier uses I think and I usually pity their own direct neighbors

The compound beside us to the right is a big church their kitchen is just by the fence, if they talk there its like in our rooms, always cooking something making so much noise. So apart from the mega speakers during services which has a time frame the main disturbance is this kitchen wahala which can be anytime.

The 3 compounds surrounding us have their own issues the interesting thing is apart from the church I can't put a face to those involved in these issues.

10 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by chocboi78(m): 9:48pm On May 17, 2021
Asour:

Reverse the case?
As in generator fumes flow from her house into your generator?

grin grin grin
English hard o
Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by feliday(m): 9:50pm On May 17, 2021
my neighbour connected to my generator illegally, I pretended not to be aware. . . . I go soon shock am

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by NoToPile: 9:50pm On May 17, 2021
Asour:

Reverse the case?
As in generator fumes flow from her house into your generator?

Loool

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 17, 2021
Borrow me niddle and tread.Borrow me pressing iron.Borrow me salt,matches,and even stove to cook when them no get money to refill their gas.And them Sabi form ajebota.Some neighbours ehn

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by AmVista: 9:51pm On May 17, 2021
Ten06:
The one have as neighbor is jobless, it is the wife that feeds him. All what he does around the area is gossip. If someone greet you with respect in his presence before you return from work he has already told the person not to respect and greet you again that you are a small boy.

He is so low in mentality that he is always looking for person to drag to his level by setting up unnecessary argument.

If he borrows anything from you forget about it, including money. He will tell you that he has forgotten that he borrowed money from you.

When the wife has gone to her shop everything they will use in their house is always borrowed from my house, salt detergent, Maggi etc.

He always sends his daughter of 3 years to come and relax in my house so that she can feed very well because they don't cook with fish or meat in their house. Anytime they want to cook they will scattered the whole bush around my area looking for edible vegetables

The guy is something else

men I laugh while reading this

grin
Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by waploger(m): 9:52pm On May 17, 2021
post=101791348:
Luckily for us, all our neighbours are good people.
We are lucky in that aspect.
Dem MANNA Neighbours : Shout out y'all!kiss

do May for me na
Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by ume1000: 9:52pm On May 17, 2021
Bmaster:
Why is everybody telling us about his/her neighbors attitude towards him/her,
And no one cares to state that one or two things him/her does to his/her which his/her neighbor Don't like undecided
because that is what the title says

5 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by HajiaNotu: 9:54pm On May 17, 2021
My neighbours are just the best...No fighting,No nagging coolEverybody dey their Dey...

Buh you see ma landlord, Na craze.

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by JohnnyBling(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2021
Pelaiye2703:
Damn! They will refuse to pay for security fee on time, prepaid meter fee, and cutting of flowers to mention a few. Adjacent me is Kay, he will borrow almost everything and won't return it until I approach him. Always asking for herbs to Bleep and won't still return my herbs whenever I have Match. Funny people!
Which herbs abeg!? Help a friend!!

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by Realhommie(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2021
SeriouslySense:
The best thing is to ignore such people, but that noise eh can be irritating, its has phycological effect for some people, when they hear noises they get distracted and agitated, some type of sounds stress me, especially when the people has a voice that sounds very thin and depressing. I think Sounds with high pitch are used by American police to irritate crowds of angry protesters or violent protesters, Sounds have effect on people, in may case i think people with thin voice and a high pitch.

Sound can be used in interrogations, by continuously irritating the people under interrogation

It seems we're alike. I get easily irritated and agitated by noise. I'm a very quiet person and i love to be by myself mostly, in solitude. Sometimes i think i have conflicting personalities because i also am very friendly and sociable, I don't understand. Lol

So the noise thing ehn, is a big no no for me. Even the littlest of noises will disturb me to the core, I'm very sensitive to sound.

But like i have stated earlier to which you also concurred, na just to ignore. It's difficult sha but I'll try for the sake of peace.

Though dem don minimize am since landlady involve ooooo. Night prayers don cease or maybe they do it in a hush hush manner now, na the wife still dey sing once once loudly. When she sings you'll hear her from 2 streets away and I'm not exaggerating.

Las las sha everybody go dey alright. Lol

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by chinnyonwu(m): 9:58pm On May 17, 2021
Assemblies of God Church, every last Friday of the month person nogo fit sleep for night

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by sylve11: 9:58pm On May 17, 2021
chatinent:

I'll always have to go and lock it..even when he knows my apartment has its separate gate from the main. It began to make me feel if man taught I was being paid to lock the gate

Lol grin cool
Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by ravensckar(m): 9:58pm On May 17, 2021
My former neighbour's wife na better trouble maker; always picking fights with my wife unnecessarily. The day I had enough, I gave my wife the go-ahead to beat the hell outta her whilst I made sure nobody intervened. After that day, she didn't bother us until we packed out of the compound. Who get time for rubbish?

8 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by sylve11: 10:01pm On May 17, 2021
Mumben:

Some neighbours Sha, once had a neighbor like that. He is always d last to come in but will always forget to lock d gate. It was my husband and the other neighbor who is a policeman that always made sure to lock d gate.
Sometimes, he will call and demand that d gate b left open as he will come home late only for us to check by maybe 12-1am and discover d gate is still open and he didn't come home eventually. Some neighbours are terrible

Just laughing hard. grin cool
Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by NonsenseRubbish: 10:02pm On May 17, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Always met the oozing sight of shitts deposited in front of my door mat by my neighbor pikins.

Maybe it is their weird way of sending their greetings and expressing their goodwill towards me.
grin grin grin
Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by Kamachicho(f): 10:04pm On May 17, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
Mine is that he don't know how to pump water but he knows how to use it. We share the same tank, if the tank is full, he will pass beside it and go his way. He won't bother to disconnect it. After pumping the water sometimes, he will on his water tap and the water will be wasting. From my flat I will be hearing the sound of running tap. Before three hours the two tanks will be empty again and we will start waiting when the nepa bring light to pump water again. If any of the water facility spoil, he won't contribute a dime. I will be the one to bear the burden. The thing don tire me sef

That's what am passing through right now. Orishirishi sombori
Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:04pm On May 17, 2021
haha, abi, everyone will be fine.
Realhommie:
It seems we're alike. I get easily irritated and agitated by noise. I'm a very quiet person and i love to be by myself mostly, in solitude. Sometimes i think i have conflicting personalities because i also am very friendly and sociable, I don't understand. Lol

So the noise thing ehn, is a big no no for me. Even the littlest of noises will disturb me to the core, I'm very sensitive to sound.

But like i have stated earlier to which you also concurred, na just to ignore. It's difficult sha but I'll try for the sake of peace.

Though dem don minimize am since landlady involve ooooo. Night prayers don cease or maybe they do it in a hush hush manner now, na the wife still dey sing once once loudly. When she sings you'll hear her from 2 streets away and I'm not exaggerating.

Las las sha everybody go dey alright. Lol

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing Your Neighbour Does You Don't Like? by noble2faith(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2021
Ormorlehwah:
Mine is enviness.
If I buy blender,shewill buy their own.
Anything I cook, she will cook it on the next day.
If I buy clothes, play-mat, undies; they buy the same. Anything I buy,she will buy but she will first abuse it.
When I sow clothes with my friend,she will also look for god-daughter to wear the same cloth but oyinbo sow cloth e never do fitting.
Anybody I play with, she won't greet the person.
Any festival she won't greet me but will go outside and scream Happy festival to passerby.
If I greet her,she answer reluctantly.
Yoruba says 'ija ilara kin tan boro'.
I don show her say I be correct Ijebu girl.

Ur face looks familiar. Where do you base in Ogun?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

35-Year-Old Kenyan Man Praises Sexual Prowess Of His 70-Year-Old American Wife / What Is It With My Wife And Her Past Boyfriends? / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.