Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Upcoming Wedding Palava - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Upcoming Wedding Palava (36606 Views)

Please Why Am I Having Nightmares About My Upcoming Wedding? / Wedding Palava With Ladies / Lady Cancels Her Upcoming Wedding After Her Fiance Beat Her Like A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by peropoliet(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:
I'll try to make this short.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

Pls advice accordingly. Thanks
bro I pity you but don't worry you will be alright ...
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by viceddy95(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

Mr O. P
Take this advice am giving you free of charge..
Your mama's advice is the best you should follow because of the current economy palava In Nigeria at the moment (not 2 friendly) ,stand your ground as a man unless you are a simp, will you agree to your girl's own...

And don't tell her to fund part of the wedding, if she wants everything to go according to her plans because if you do she might go and borrow money just to impress people and you will still be the one to pay the debt after everything...

If she doesn't agree with you, Mr man put the wedding on hold... Peace of mind very important....

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by escapefromusa(f): 4:19pm On May 18, 2021
EndRape2:
My brother do not let all these immature mummy's boy deceive you here, you are the one that is not mature and in considerate.

Manipulations of a she devil:
Mummy boy
Real man
Man enough
Aren't you a man
You are a man

They hate the so called mummys boy becuase they are hard to manipulate.

Just like OP was about spend twice for what he could for half. And Mommy came with insight... boom manipulation busted.

Always listen to your mothers. Even when they give unsound advice the objective is always for your best. These witches are looking for men to drain one way or the other. So they can get body enhancements... travel to UAE and sleep with 15 yr old Arab princes.

OP your future wife is no different. Because las las na one fine boy with body odour, six packs and N630 in his bank account will kpansh your girl like $2 tramp for camp.

In Nigeria once a girl .. that has bore you no children or never sacrifice something for your benefit challenges you ... wahala dey. And your not even married and she telling what to do, not asking what should we do.

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by AABBIIMM(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Listen attentively Sir,
I believe God allowed you to witness this scenario for a purpose. God isn't evil and I believe He loves you.
Secondly, I believe you have never seen her behave like this, displaying all sense of entitlement, insecurity and throwing decorum into thin air.
If she refused to communicate with you because of the matter and expecting you to come apologizing and begging then please watch out Sir. That's a red flag. That behaviour will heighten when in marriage and her decision making power will be too much for you to bear. I can just imagine if you're based with this kind of lady in the western world, then my brother you wouldn't need any one to tell you to run for your life.
Thirdly, may I humbly ask if you have been to marital counseling classes? if No, then please you guys should do.
Finally, imagine if she's working and has good income, I'm sure she wouldn't mind what will happen if she rebuff your mum's wise suggestions (her prospective mother-in-law).
Give a woman power and you'll know what she can do.
Don't ignore the obvious signs.
God bless you.

7 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by melviniyke2002(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying bla bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.
shocked.....See dem supporters club.....blaming op for saying d truth.....even if it was d mums idea nko,nothing bad in it considering d present day economy....@op tell her to finance either of d two event fully since dats wot she wots,den u wud see her brain reset.......nonsense... Who society wedding help?

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by babadee1(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2021
andyanders:
You have said it all. The mistake op made herein, is presenting her mom as the one that brought up the idea. This will be a big problem in future if they settle and get married. The mother will be her worst enemy. For me, I'll not proceed and will take a walk.

The worst part is that the lady seems ready to pick a fight with her mother in law just because of different opinions over the wedding ceremony. Not considering the fact that this will destabilize her household even before she moves in.
She wan scatter the ground wey she go sleep for her husband house, because of ceremony wey nobody go remember after a few months

5 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by kwasoly(m): 4:21pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Are you a learner?
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by OyinNurse(f): 4:22pm On May 18, 2021
I understand where she is coming from. Every woman has her own vision of what her dream wedding will be, but she should also be ready to make compromises since she is not contributing financially to anything. It is selfish and childish of her to insist on her own way to the detriment of her man's finances. It is a rare and loving man that will agree to shoulder 100% of wedding festivities and she should count herself lucky and stop being petulant. I was a post-graduate student when my husband married me. I had a little to contribute but he sponsored the bulk of the wedding. Yes, I wanted a nice wedding but Life After the Wedding Hoopla was more important to me. As a team, we put heads together to figure out ways to cut costs while still making the Day memorable. Back then, I had friends that had broke the bank to have lavish society weddings only to end up with bad credit and a mountain of debt after the wedding and a few of them are even no longer with their spouses. We, on the other hand, ended up having a blast on our wedding day and still managed to remain financially bouyant enough to purchase our dream house soon after.

7 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by detectivejones: 4:23pm On May 18, 2021
Bro if you use that wedding money to travel to Canada, you will get a finer young and richer girl. Don't be cheap. You are only doing her a favour here. Tell her you don't want to marry again that instead you want to travel abroad and marry a white rich girl with long nose so your kids will be very fine and rich. Let's see who calls back[/quote]

@rich white girl with long nose grin

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by amliftedhigher: 4:25pm On May 18, 2021
Allow her go now if your mum is right.
Don't make the mistake I made.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by MontyNG(m): 4:27pm On May 18, 2021
I think you may be dodging a bullet there.

Remember marriage is not just wedding day,.. it's the rest of your life!! So you have to live with this woman for 80 years or more.
If something as trivial like this is making her flare up in a way that she is not even open to suggestions and reason, then what else will come up in your 80+ years living under the same roof

You know your partner best... but don't let anybody force you into any decisions. Not even your Parents. It's your life and not theirs

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Awoo88: 4:28pm On May 18, 2021
U no get sense!!! What advice do you need?? Unless your wife to be is financially responsible, you are supposed to shut her up. The thing is she want to mark her territory. Red flag number one!!! If you marry her, you will need her permission to take care of your mum. Run!!!

3 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by luminouz(m): 4:29pm On May 18, 2021
You are spending all the money and she is spending all the words...

Bro...can you see my point?

Men have suffered o

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Sonoyom(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2021
Her contribution is zero bit she wants it her way, just relax ehhhh this one is group stage, after marriage una go enter knockout.

Don't marry broke hungry girls because she won't do same if you are broke.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by luminouz(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2021
OyinNurse:
I understand where she is coming from. Every woman has her own vision of what her dream wedding will be, but she should also be ready to make compromises since she is not contributing financially to anything. It is selfish and childish of her to insist on her own way to the detriment of her man's finances. It is a rare and loving man that will agree to shoulder 100% of wedding festivities and she should count herself lucky and stop being petulant. I was a post-graduate student when my husband married me. I had a little to contribute but he sponsored the bulk of the wedding. Yes, I wanted a dream wedding but Life After the Wedding Hoopla was more important to me. As a team, we put heads together to figure out ways to cut costs while still making the Day memorable. Back then, I had friends that had broke the bank to have lavish society wedding only to end up with bad credit and a mountain of debt after the wedding and a few of them are even no longer with their spouses. We, on the other hand, ended up having a blast on our wedding day and still managed to remain financially bouyant enough to purchase our dream house soon after.
Mama the mama, your maturity as usual is top notch. We need more women like on NL.
Chai...why you no come get younger sister or niece to gimme? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by zoezoelogistics(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying bla bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.

Very wise submission.

I have been married for over 10 years now, i can relate to your point of view.

I don't ever tell my wife, my mum said this or that, even if it is the wisest suggestion ever.
I always present it as my idea.
I show her with facts and figure why it is reasonable to go that route and not the other way we had wanted to.

It takes wisdom to be a husband and to run the home without any/much issues, decision-wise.

OP, call her, calm her down and present your solid reasons, don't emphasize who brought the idea/suggestion.

If she refuses to see reasons and would not still contribute financially, then you need to really have a rethink about the whole thing.

Reality about her person will dawn on you in marriage proper. Assess the whole thing now that you have the opportunity. This is if she doesn't bulge.

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by luminouz(m): 4:34pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:

You still blamed the guy? sad

If he were rich enough, would money be the issue? The gf already flared up without contributing kobo to her own wedding and yet still managed to act like she is doing OP a favour?

Wonders won't end oooooo...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by luminouz(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2021
zoezoelogistics:

Very wise submission.

I have been married for over 10 years now, i can relate to your point of view.

I don't ever tell my wife, my mum said this or that, even if it is the wisest suggestion ever.
I always present it as my idea.
I show her with facts and figure why it is reasonable to go that route and not the other way we had wanted to.

It takes wisdom to be a husband and to run the home without any/much issues, decision-wise.

OP, call her, calm her down and present your solid reasons, don't emphasize who brought the idea/suggestion.

If she refuses to see reasons and would not still contribute financially, then you need to really have a rethink about the whole thing.

Reality about her person will dawn on you in marriage proper. Assess the whole thing now that you have the opportunity. This is if she doesn't bulge.
Call her to calm her down like she is a baby or a toddler? undecided
Isn't it clear enough? Whether the idea is from the mum or a unicorn, what's the difference? The reality is she is selfish and all about her wants,not how much financial strain the bf would go through.

I have accessed her and That's no wife-material.
BTW... How are the kids today, daddy? grin wink

3 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Plut01: 4:36pm On May 18, 2021
realman42:
All these naija weddings sef.My wedding won't have more than 100 pipul.Beautiful location,beautiful gown, nice suit, and nice pictures dats all.

100 nah overdo, 40 is OK.

10 each from both families, 5 friends each from the couple and the rest Legal/ministering officials.

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Angelacruz: 4:36pm On May 18, 2021
Well said...d part dat he said she is not contributiing any dime is very annoying.Some guys get patience sha
duduade:
Red flags

Are you sure this one will hear word in the house like this... Marriage isnt about the wedding abeg.. And i suppose till now she hasnt called you to "lets sort this out" ... No communication... This one will bully you till you fall for her demands... Is this a wife material...

She wants a dream wedding and isnt ready to contribute to it financially

The 500 to 600k is money that can be saved and diverted to something else better. Her priorities are different from yours... Obviously not well matured...

I were in your shoes... I will put ALL PLANS on hold until both parties come to the middle..

In short walk away why you can... Cancelling an engagement wont kill you...

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Weneda(m): 4:38pm On May 18, 2021
She should know the harsh condition now. If ur woman plan ur wedding just don't be surprised of how lavish it will go like inviting my female friends, my mother's friends, my childhood friends, everything na for Man head. That was thesame thing my wife nearly put me through but we didn't quarrel, she saw reasons with me. After everything it was nicely planned. Just call her over, this one na face to face talk. She should understand the question of" After Marriage what next?

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by MummyD2020(f): 4:38pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Wow! Shes disappointing honestly. Just keep up with the communication. Stand by your decision which is wise. Im surprised that shes not being reasonable in this harsh times. Negotiation is key at this point. I believe she will have a rethink or shes just immature. You no go blame her, she has not started working. Body go tell her soon.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by samwillyco1(m): 4:39pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I was thinking I was the one that's not considerate when she was screaming on the phone yesterday. This harsh times, one needs to spend money judiciously. Imagine spending 3-4m over 2 sets wedding when I can do all in one day for 2m sef..

Thanks brother

Your mummy gave you a good advice, apart from cost, she is also saving you from stress, time wasting, from the EVIL doorers, mental health problems, and other unforseen circumstances that may result from traveling.

If she mess up , tell her that you are no longer interested in the marriage, simple.

Finally, why must you spend 2 million for a wedding of a day or two.

Please send me some cash I need help for now grin grin I dey serious ooo

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Campala(f): 4:39pm On May 18, 2021
Kokaine:

Wrongest approach! In Marriage no one is doing anyone any favour.
You are the man. Always make it look like you're doing her a favour by marrying her even if you don't say it expressly. Let it be clear that you are aware that many women will give their fairy tooth to marry you in this period where marriages are hard. She should be grateful you are picking her from the millions of available women who will do all your biddings to be your wife.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by xtervaganza(m): 4:39pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I don't blame her. I blame you. Who in his right mind gets married to a jobless and entitled modafoka? I swear your marriage will not last( no be swear).

You're the one with the juice, the one with the money. Your words should be LAW in that relationship. If she can't accept it she can either fxck off or get a job that will pay her enough to earn respect.

Lastly, I hope the young guys here are watching, reading and learning. Never worship a v@gina. You can always have better girl.

Op, your girl na eleribu, if you like continue with the idiot

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Biglittlelois(f): 4:40pm On May 18, 2021
luminouz:

You still blamed the guy? sad

If he were rich enough, would money be the issue? The gf already flared up without contributing kobo to her own wedding and yet still managed to act like she is doing OP a favour?

Wonders won't end oooooo...

Kunle, how can you not see that she flared up cos Op was like "his mum said"? If Op had told her calmly and nicely that they need to cut cost, would she have flared up? Why did she have to remind Op it's her wedding? What would have made her say that? Who among both genders is always excited when it comes to wedding and can't wait to plan their wedding?

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by FarahAideed: 4:41pm On May 18, 2021
You are about to marry Nonsense ..trust me
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Na ashawo you won marry so oh. Na only women with high pussy mileage nai dey clamour for expensive wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by CYBERWEAVER(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2021
Op love with sense, I know you want to settle down eh ehn! We are all looking towards same.
...... I ended a relationship few months ago because she doesn't appreciate and this your lady wouldn't appreciate anything after wedding and I promise it's gonna be frustrating......
..... I just want you to think more about her and words from her mouth......
.. Just compare her words

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by OyinNurse(f): 4:44pm On May 18, 2021
luminouz:

Mama the mama, your maturity as usual is top notch. We need more women like on NL.
Chai...why you no come get younger sister or niece to gimme? cheesy

Mr Luminouz, you don come again with your plenty jokes, abi? cheesy Anyway, thanks for your kind words but I'm still chasing wisdom everyday like everyone else. May God continue to guide us all....

NB: Sorry I no get younger sister and my nieces (of marriageable age) are all married

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by BamBamK: 4:45pm On May 18, 2021
you obviously didn't read to comprehend... u just want argue sha cheesy cheesy cheesy

from the OP's point, his babe is pissed off coz he is considering the option that will make him spend less... i opined that she should be more concerned about her marriage's success than d wedding ceremony... if she were, knowing fully well she isn't contributing anything of note to d wedding, she won't be fighting him for considering the cheaper option...

you can only dictate the tune when u pay d piper...

trust u understand now!!

BRATISLAVA:

Even those who have nonsensical small weddings still have bad marriages, so all this talk about cheap weddings is pointless. Do what you like, don't try and pin the success of any marriage on the cost.

Some people want them big, others want them small. At the end of the day it is the two people involved who will make it work. Not by how cheap or expensive it is.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by CYBERWEAVER(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2021
michaelpop50:

Na ashawo you won marry so oh. N.
Aswear op no go like the result o

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Nigerian Man Slams People Mocking Him For Seeking Love / Nigerian Transgender, Miss Sahhara's Curvy Body, Hips / After 14 Failed Relationships, Nigerian Man Finds Love With A Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.